2nd test Pak vs. England : day 1 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big session coming up. Our batting goes deep so i hope we can post at least 250-300

Elan Tedronai said:
why all the doom and gloom pakistanis?

i though the beast will strike fear in the heart of the poms

Comeon Elan, the Beast hasnt arrived at the crease yet. :D

he is a all rounder. We need one. I rather see Afridi hitting then hasan raza blocking and getting out.

umarbeast said:
he is a all rounder. We need one. I rather see Afridi hitting then hasan raza blocking and getting out.

no problems with me.hit out n get out as well.

too bad asim is not some hit out n get out allrounder or he would have kept his place

Hasan Raza Reminds me of Grame Hick Who use to score heavly in the domestic circuit but wasnt cut out for International Cricket.
And also Came Out at a wrong time when Waqar was in his peak

Pakistan start positively after lunch, good signs.

BOOM, MOYO hits out!! Great shot

badxhah said:
Hasan Raza Reminds me of Grame Hick Who use to score heavly in the domestic circuit but wasnt cut out for International Cricket.

how little time it took u to realise that. u r a born genius.

badxhah said:

tell me one thing,

who top scored in sharjah vs australia when the rest folded like clowns on the pitch?

who scored 71 not out on a sporting track vs the same english bowlers?

i hate dropping players for no reason.Asim kamal and raza were dropped due to fickle reasons

yousuf is playing well right now. he needs to take it easy though, his loss would be critical here. but he is certainly looking much more assured here, just like it shd be.

we have quite a few tht remind me of hick eg misbah ul haq and more

Short and outside the offstump from Giles and Inzi cuts it for 4.

Elan Tedronai said:
tell me one thing,

who top scored in sharjah vs australia when the rest folded like clowns on the pitch?

who scored 71 not out on a sporting track vs the same english bowlers?

i hate dropping players for no reason.Asim kamal and raza were dropped due to fickle reasons

And to add, who got chances and who didn't? Hick got chances, Raza didn't unfair to judge him on one test.

33.4 Giles to Inzamam, FOUR!!, toos short outside off by Giles, Inzamam rocks back and cuts it to square third man, good shot!

100 up then 3 more to end the ove 103-3

I am appalled at the treatment handed out to Giles by the Pakistanis. Is that the way to treat guests?

Having said that, can we have more of the same for Harmison, Flintoff and Hoggard?

Last edited:
Ace Base said:
I am appalled at the treatment handed out to Giles by the Pakistanis. Is that the way to treat guests?

Having said that, can we have more of the same for Harmison, Flintoff and Hoggard?

They are bowling a good line and length at a good pace. gonna be hard. its time to consolidate now. carnage is left to afridi. ;-)

Allahu Akbar!!

We are almost 36 overs gone and the Pakistani batsmen are still edging it!

Inzi & MoYo need to bat this session out and at least ready 220-250.....Then tommorrow morning/afternoon session, and then Afridi's carnage :p

Harmison to Yousuf, FOUR!!, overpitched, outside off, drives it to sweeper cover, beautiful drive

beautiful

more of mo

Pakistan making it hard upon themselves in a way on Pakistan can do. I guess that's part of their enigmatic allure.

In the meantime, it has been reported that The Beast has been pacing about furiously in his cage and has been heard grinding his teeth and straining at the leash...

Ace Base said:
Pakistan making it hard upon themselves in a way on Pakistan can do. I guess that's part of their enigmatic allure.

In the meantime, it has been reported that The Beast has been pacing about furiously in his cage and has been heard grinding his teeth and straining at the leash...

Well he won't be let out until tommorrow afternoon's session :16:

Oh yeah, Yohanna showing why he is the most elegant batsan in world cricket right now.

If it weren't for the fact that the team needs runs I wouldn't mind if he played one glorious shot and his innings eneded after that. I would still pay to watch.

Ace Base said:

Thats a good sign, the more hes frustrated the more aggressive he will be when unleashed.

i think everyone here waiting for afridi not how the current partnership develops

In a deliberate ploy to heighten his rage, The Beast hasn't been fed for 11 days. His eyes are bloodshot, his breathing more fiery than seventy Saharan suns.

run rate has fallen under 3........come on lads get those singles going.

Ace Base said:
In a deliberate ploy to heighten his rage, The Beast hasn't been fed for 11 days. His eyes are bloodshot, his breathing more fiery than seventy Saharan suns.
:))) :)))
btw, any significance to 11 days?

not a good ground for inzi

Inzamam has over 380 runs scored on this ground with a career average of just over 35, he has 4 fifties on this ground but never managed a hundred, would this be his day

Nice looking pull shot from Inzi fetches 4 runs.

39.4 Flintoff to Inzamam, FOUR!!, short one, directed on the chest, Inzamam deals with it aggressively, pulls it to deep square leg boundary, great shot!

bring it

Close call for Inzi, edge nearly carried to slip.

Alone in his dark basement cell, his eyes blazing, his forearms bulging with his nitro-glycerin filled viens, The Afridi casts his mind back to the mauling he meted out to the Imposter, the one who dared to sully the name of the true Pathans.

The thought of such slaughter fills further darkness into the soul of The Beast.

Meanwhile, back in the commenatry box, Ignorant Ian and Bullsit Bob continue their cheap jibes at the Pakistani team.

However, little do they know that news of their pathetic potshots at the Pakistani has reached the ears of The Beast...

People rush to the masjids as Yaum Al Qiyamah draws near...

Ace Base said:
Alone in his dark basement cell, his eyes blazing, his forearms bulging with his nitro-glycerin filled viens, The Afridi casts his mind back to the mauling he meted out to the Imposter, the one who dared to sully the name of the true Pathans.

The thought of such slaughter fills further darkness into the soul of The Beast.

Meanwhile, back in the commenatry box, Ignorant Ian and Bullsit Bob continue their cheap jibes at the Pakistani team.

However, little do they know that news of their pathetic potshots at the Pakistani has reached the ears of The Beast...

:19: :19:

Ace Base said:

Ace bhai are u alright. I think so you need a rest. :)

Ace Base said:

now this made me laugh :)))

nicely put!!!

very happy to see a good crowd enjoying a game of cricket, providing good support for the visiting team as well.

Geoffery Boycott just cussing India. Saying that England will have to travel to all those horrible places in India :)))

Many years from now, English mothers will relate to their children stories of the terrible destruction caused by The Beast. However, the name itself shall never be articulated, lest some new misfortune should befall them.

Instead, The Afridi, The Beast will come to be known as, That Thing.

Ace Base said:
Many years from now, English mothers will relate to their children stories of the terrible destruction caused by The Beast. However, the name itself shall never be articulated, lest some new misfortune should befall them.

Instead, The Afridi, The Beast will come to be known as, That Thing.

Whenever someone creates a carnage, it should be said "so and so has done an Afridi".

Inzi smashes off the back foot for 4 to the midwicket boundary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back