2nd test Pak vs. England : day 1 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
163-3
yousaf gets to his 50
but did neither a sajda nor made a cresent in celebration

hilarious to see Younis khan get up to ongratulate him bare chest

Someone ran onto the ground though and congratulated him.

13 more for Inzamam, Inshallah.

Cover driven 4 as well, Inshallah.

Another 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 ball 3 4 from Moyo + 100 run patrnersip between inzi and moyo!!!!!!!!

100 partnership up as well 102 coming from 196 balls.

Saying its most effective when bowling close to the stumps rather than bowling from wide of the crease where the ball is likely to miss the stumps because of the angle created.

Raz said:
Saying its most effective when bowling close to the stumps rather than bowling from wide of the crease where the ball is likely to miss the stumps because of the angle created.

I hope our attack is listening

Pakistan continues its relentless run rate of 6...

...every 50 balls.

58th over: Pakistan 180-3 (Yousuf 68, Inzamam 38) There's an increasing suspicion that Mohammad Yousuf - whose Test average of 47 marks him out as top drawer - is something of flat-track bully, and nothing he does today will disprove that. Either way, he has played very well so far and looks a shoo-in for his 15th Test hundred sometime in the evening session.

Perhaps somebody can start a thread on this topic later in the day?

Ace Base said:
58th over: Pakistan 180-3 (Yousuf 68, Inzamam 38) There's an increasing suspicion that Mohammad Yousuf - whose Test average of 47 marks him out as top drawer - is something of flat-track bully, and nothing he does today will disprove that. Either way, he has played very well so far and looks a shoo-in for his 15th Test hundred sometime in the evening session.

Someone will for sure, even though there have been plenty threads on him before in this context. He needs to be less flashy in his innings. When he first came on the scene, he was patient and a grinder.

wat a way 2 finish of the session!!!!!!

SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BY MoYo.
Tea. 189-3 Pakistan. Made 102 in this session

59.6 Giles to Inzamam-ul-Haq, SIX, Bang! tossed up, came down the wicket
and hit it high and handsome way over long-off fence for a big six

humble ppire for myself

Hydro said:

humble ppire for myself

It was MoYo who hit the six.

Hydro said:

humble ppire for myself

It was Moyo, not Inzi :19:

what a beatiful six by yousuf, and on the last ball shows how much confidence he has right now

Was it Inzi or MoYo who hit the six, i swear it was MoYo and not Inzy

Ashley Giles is a sterling spinner.

One of the all-time greats, a legend in his lifetime.

Ace Base said:

Well you might say he batted on a flat track today but he came in under a pressure situation and now along with Inzamam has put the team in a much more comfortable position.

Did Moyo hit that six to make up for the slow batting??? Just so people don't tell him what to do during tea.

umarbeast said:
Did Moyo hit that six to make up for the slow batting??? Just so people don't tell him what to do during tea.

NO he hit that six to show Giles/England who is boss :19:

I hope we for once we can support all of our playing XI. Calling for any heads should be left till after the series. Let us support the playing XI, regardless of how much they contribute.

I like this style of batting. Are batsmen need to learn slow. But both Inzi and Moyo got away with edges, drop catches, and very very close LBW's. Anybody else notice?

come on pakistan...please assert your authority now ! don't let england claw back into the match

umarbeast said:
I like this style of batting. Are batsmen need to learn slow. But both Inzi and Moyo got away with edges, drop catches, and very very close LBW's. Anybody else notice?

yes umar, funny how no one mentions appeals tha went in our favor. there was at least one appeal each of yousuf and inzy that could have been given out. they were lucky, but they have also been unlucky man a times so they will take them!

umarbeast said:
Yeah we've been lucky so far, but now we've got to ride our luck. Ideally these two will gon and score big ones. But, in the short term we have to bat out the last session without losing another wicket. If we do that we're in a good position.

This should be tell people not to go crazy his bowden makes a decision against us.

It happens its cricket

umarbeast said:

Both are lucky to be still there. They have to capitalise on the chance

We were 3 down after tea in the last match, and lost the initiative. I hope they stay together for the rest of this session. Then it will be a good day for Pakistan.

whenever there is break for tea or lunch i have noticed that pakistan batsman loose their co ncentration so easily...I say no more wicket now before new ball

Solid stuff from Pak's 2 best batsmen. Keep the concentration going!

Inzamam needs to be slightly more aggressive against the likes of Bell. That'll keep the pressure on Vaughn to bowl his frontline bowlers which means they get tired sooner.

Ian Bell, another world class bowler in the Malcom Marhshall mould...

I had a dream last night, that Pakistan were 200 for 4. Inshallah, its a dream that'll not come true.

With Giles and Udal a risk that Michael Vaughan dare not take, Ian Bell gets his second spell at the Golf Course End, but if either of these two get out to him on this pitch they deserve to have "sucker" tattood on their buttocks.

This guy is a riot!

I think we will soon see Trescothick bowl as well.

Pieterson should ball. I hope he gets smacked in the face with an Inzimam cover drive, when he does, so that smug expression affixed to his face can be forever wiped off.

That didnt look like a clean catch, the ball did seem to touch the ground.

Bell to Yousuf, out Caught and Bowled!! just rolled his fingers and that was the slower one, Yousuf plays it back to the bowler and Bell takes a stunning catch less than an inch above the ground, the umpires in consultation signal that catch to be a clean one M Yousuf c and b I Bell 78(143) 4s-8 6s-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back