2nd test Pak vs. England : day 1 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe asif would have been a better bet than Naveed but anyhow I hope he performs..

Looks like a very good side for Pakistan. They bring in Rana and Afridi. And i think Inzi won a very crucial toss for Pakistan. Pakistan has to play carefully and i think anything over 400 will be good for Pakistan.

Asif wasnt in the initial squad..like gul isnt either so he had no chance..maybe next match.

it's just that Rana has an abysmal test record but insha allah he will perform for pak this match

Come on pakistani batsmen now dont bat like there is no worry in the world , hopefully we will bat sensibly

Assalaamualikum Ikhwaan

It is 0830hrs Dubai time and I've just informed my secretary that I'll be out all day.

Now, let the war begin...

Last edited:
according to cricinfo, there will be some early morning dew helping the seamers..but after that it wil just be a purely flat batting track..

Butt and Malik need to get their head down and stay at the crease until lunch.

I hope they've replaced the Indian guy typing the commentary. He seems so biased against Pakistan and India is not even playing in this match!

Has anyone noticed the frequency with which Inzamam wins the toss?

I'm sure its some kind of a world record...

Ace Base said:
Assalaamualikum Ikhwaan

It is 0830hrs Dubai time and I've just informed my secretary that I'll be out all day.

Now, let the war begin...

LOLZ! Best excuse to get away from all the annoying brats at work eh Ace Base! :19:

Raza Dropped for Afridi.. i would have liked to see him retained but Afridi is in so its all good...

a very good and crucial toss to win. Pakistan has got a great opportunity to bat sensible and bat England out of the match. With England playing 4th again and with Kaneria and Shahid in team Pakistan can really win this one INSHALLAH. spot on selection.

Akhi, last Test I couldn't get any work done!

You should have seen the mountains of files on my desk! Everytime, a colleague came into my room I would ask him to leave immediately because I was so busy. In the end, I just shut the door to my room.

Is anybody watching? Please post ball by ball updates. Cricinfo's too slow!

The first 15 overs are crucial for both teams. Once that phase is over, the sting will go out of the pitch, the ball and the English attack. Salman Butt can then unleash himself upon the bowlers while Malik plays a supporting role. I think from here onwards, Pakistan should go ballistic.

cracking on drive from Butt for 4.. second deliverey he faced. brillialnt

flintoof has bowled all 3 deliverey on butts pads. looks like a plan ?

last 2 delivereies outside off.. one left and other played to mid-off for no run. 15-0 after 2 overs..

first deliverey on Malik's pads and flicked away thru mid-wicked for 4 .. top shot

have to wait for the damn aus v wi day to end before the switch over to this game on tv here!

Gasherbrum said:
have to wait for the damn aus v wi day to end before the switch over to this game on tv here!

Yeah i know, i am suffering too :(

testing over for Salman. have to be patient. short ball and a leading edge . over done 26/0

good shot straight to covers. Malik looking to play his shots which can be dangerous

Anything less than 400 and we could see a repeat of Multan here and this time Pakistan may not be able to do a Houdini.

Malik shd understand that he has got chance to cement his place in Test 11. Should cut out his attacking shots

Ace Base said:
Anything less than 400 and we could see a repeat of Multan here and this time Pakistan may not be able to do a Houdini.

exactly ace. 400+ is a must specially on much flatter surface than Multan. we have got a great opportunity by winning the toss. should bat sensible and bat Eng out off the match INSHALLAH

3.5 Flintoff to Salman Butt, no run, short in length, on leg stump,
tries to play it on the leg side, leading edge almost goes in the
hands of short cover fielder
3.4 Flintoff to Salman Butt, no run, driven to mid-off
3.3 Flintoff to Salman Butt, FOUR, good length ball, just outside off
and angling away, tries to defnd it on the front foot, edges it
just short of Trescothick inthe 1st slip, he misses it and ball
races away to third man fence for four

10 more overs to go before Pakistan can start burying the English.

Be patient, Malik and Butt.

Inna sabrun jameel.

flicked off the pads by Butt for 2. England bowling on pads once too ofetn

Okay, this is turning into a good partnership, Masha Allah.

One thing about Malik, he never looks convincing but always manages to do the job.

toonboy.. the bowlers have been wayward on a very very falt pitch..another shot on legside

Waqar also saying that this is absolutly feather bed of a pitch.. no grass whatsoever

octavian said:
toonboy.. the bowlers have been wayward on a very very falt pitch..another shot on legside

yes...good news..

but Butt looks to me more agrressive.

pak batsmen often confuse positivity with playing too many outrageous shots. hopefully they'll remain positive by playing at balls they know they can score off while building a big partnership at the top.

inclusion of Afridi may prove to be vital decision , given the nature of teh pitch and the fact that Malik might be unable to bowl

giles coming on already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back