3rd ODI: England v Pakistan (Eng innings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full-toss by Shoaib. Strauss gets an edge and the ball speeds away to third-man boundary

Shoaib :12:

2 more to strauss, 11 from the over, runs coming quite easily for Strauss

i rekon pieterson is gonna come with a vengence today!

Salman said:
51 from only 9 overs, we will be chasing a big one today

finally, atleast Razzaq and Afridi ight get a bat today lol

I guess the advantage that we have is that whatever England set us, our batting is good enough to chase it down!

Explosive throw from Afridi from the edge of the square leg boundary

Relax - Both Asif and Shoaib will do their last overs now.

Rana could be useful here, he bowled well on the good batting pitches in India in the ODIs, had figures of 6-27 in one game

Raz said:
Rana could be useful here, he bowled well on the good batting pitches in India in the ODIs, had figures of 6-27 in one game

he was opening bowler back then

Well bowled. Strauss charges Asif and completely misses the ball

England 54/1 in 10 overs

UsmanCHADDA said:
I guess the advantage that we have is that whatever England set us, our batting is good enough to chase it down!

Not if its like 320, even though I think we can chase that. I am not saying they will make 320 either

Inzi trying to get some control back through Razzaq

swing and a miss! looks like there gonna target razzler

Bell goes for a a huge slash through the offside, misses

RR=5.4 - high but still too early in the innings.

Pepsi™ said:
Not if its like 320, even though I think we can chase that. I am not saying they will make 320 either

Why not? Sri Lanka chased it down quite easily and England have a much worse bowling department in this match. We also have quite a few big-hitters. If the batting clicks I doubt any total would trouble us

UsmanCHADDA said:
Why not? Sri Lanka chased it down quite easily and England have a much worse bowling department in this match. We also have quite a few big-hitters. If the batting clicks I doubt any total would trouble us

I said we could chase taht

dont worry chaps - its a batters pitch - we will do better inshallah.

im getting a feeling english bowlers are gonna get CREAMED!

This will be a long day for our boys i feels, with england scoring 275 at least.

61 for 1

11 overs.

Cmon Pak - get the run rate down and the wickets will come....

Have to say that Strauss has batted well so far, the bowling itself hasn't been too bad overall

Salman said:
51 from only 9 overs, we will be chasing a big one today
No worries, gives our batters a chance to score centuries, half- centuries ;)

i feels Ranaldihno would do well today.

Strauss smashes the ball straight to Bell, thats gotta hurt!

UsmanCHADDA said:

It is harder to score the same amount of runs chasing than up first. When you win the toss why make it harder for yourself. Some people say we need to practise to win inspite of the toss. Believe me will get the opportunity to practise and prove that when we actually lose the toss which we will sooner or later. Why invent a problem that does not exist. Same thing happened with a couple of these decisions against India earlier this year and even though we were better than them we lost 4-1.

Great fielding Bell, that is better effort than any Pakistani fielder this season. :))) :)))

aamir said:
It is harder to score the same amount of runs chasing than up first. When you win the toss why make it harder for yourself. Some people say we need to practise to win inspite of the toss. Believe me will get the opportunity to practise and prove that when we actually lose the toss which we will sooner or later. Why invent a problem that does not exist. Same thing happened with a couple of these decisions against India earlier this year and even though we were better than them we lost 4-1.

IMO it is much easier to chase since you clearly know your target. I said if the batting clicks then Pakistan are going to make a meal of the game, even if England make 300

I come home from a 'hard' day at school and the first piece of action I see is Ian Bell copping one in his goulies.

I see that Tresco got a golden quack did he? How was he out?

Chicken man must be ecstatic right now, because Asif is being taken off very soon

UsmanCHADDA said:
IMO it is much easier to chase since you clearly know your target. I said if the batting clicks then Pakistan are going to make a meal of the game, even if England make 300

Knowing the target is only good if it low. e.g. if the target is 300+ it is really really bad to *know it*

evertonfan said:
I come home from a 'hard' day at school and the first piece of action I see is Ian Bell copping one in his goulies.

Yorked by a blazer.

Would've of got anyone.

evertonfan said:

Bowled by Shoaib

evertonfan said:

bowled like a biatch by Shaoib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back