3rd Test: Day 3 scoreboard and discussion thread [26/03/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
these 2 are looking to play till lunch, i would bring afridi in for a ovre or 2 before lunch

India 147/1 at lunch!

and we have lost the series!..i can't see pak bowlers getting back into the game and picking up 9 Indian wickets in the next two sessions!

arsal_pakfan said:
India 147/1 at lunch!

and we have lost the series!..i can't see pak bowlers getting back into the game and picking up 9 Indian wickets in the next two sessions!

Did you expect us to win? I was expecting a whitewash.

1-0 defeat isnt anything to be ashamed of.

The boys have done us proud.

It was always about our bowling attack, especially the pace bowlers. Its not surprising we never dominated their batsmen.

and if it werent for the damned two moments in the second test, it could well have been 0-0
however, 1-0 is a lot better
this bowling attack, without a bra of doubt, sucks!

Our bowling attack has sucked for some time now, even before the two Ws retired. Waqar was very poor in his last years, and Wasim was poor in Tests also.

We also lacked a quality spinner, and Kaneria is still not good enough, although he's done alright this tour.

Our only good bowler these last few years has been Shoaib but we all know about his problems.

i think that sums it up quite accurately.
kan i still think is not all there yet, not as much as theyre hyping him to be, but then, indians usually sodomise the leggie

Sage said:
Our bowling attack has sucked for some time now, even before the two Ws retired. Waqar was very poor in his last years, and Wasim was poor in Tests also.

We also lacked a quality spinner, and Kaneria is still not good enough, although he's done alright this tour.

Our only good bowler these last few years has been Shoaib but we all know about his problems.

Well said. Most have forgotten that those guys also declined towards the end (waqar for about 7 odd years though). Saqlain is another on the list.

i think that sums it up quite accurately.
kan i still think is not all there yet, not as much as theyre hyping him to be, but then, indians usually sodomise the leggie

And that he has largely escaped complete violation is a testament to his growing ability.

We should've nurtured some better bowlers, but according to Noddy, the cupboard is largely bare, despite Muddy's claims :p

though I hope he would make 1 or two crucial breakthrus a little more regularly.
wiqi was impotent from late 90s, wasim from early 20s and saqi for lord knows how long.

the cupboard indeed seems bare waisay

It worries me that bowlers like Yasir Arafat are in line for a recall, don't think they have what it takes. He just seems the next in the Riaz, Asif, Khalil, Rao line.

Sami had it but he's been a complete failure so far in his career.

Never felt too comfortable with even Shabbir and Gul.

people hype up gul here and I dont think hes much either, havent seen yasir but just might be another riaz or asif or khalil in the making

sami has been the biggest loss not only individually but also because he ddidnt let others get trained or find a spot properly i suspect.

For a medium pacer to perform well in Sri Lanka's terrible pitches is not surprising.

Sami had the 2 Ws for guidance, even if he was often not in the 11. Yes he did seem to waste a spot but who else would've benefited from it? Its seems now more than ever that Sami's is some sort of mental problem.

sami is a bimbo yar! a pure comprehensive Bimbo. he has that blonde mentality and nothing can rid it, not even mehndi and now the moustache

he ddidnt let others get trained or find a spot properly i suspect.

STOP BLAMING HIM! u really think its up to him to decide who gets a chance or not??????

u guyz really **** me off with your stupid criticisms.. if u don't know $hit about the team then just shut the f up...

guys we dont know what kinda bowlers we have playing in our domestic cricket. But looking at bowlers like Khalil and Asif, i am forced to believe that COME ON we can do better than that !!

Lets pray that we find couple of quailty fast bowlers soon, cuz we need them badly. As as far Dani boy is concerned, spin bowling has never been and never will be our main weapon.

It seems that slowly, the 'white' teams have improved their ability to play spin, now confronting the ball where it's pitched and disturbing the spinner's length.

England's subcontinental tour 2000-2001, Australia's revenge tours of Sri Lanka and India, New Zealand's tours of India and Sri Lanka, and South Africa's tour of India have proved as such.

Yaar umar, i believe that the weak link has been Shoaib not Sami.

The fast boling Legacy that started from Sarfraz and Imran, was transfered very well to the 2 W's. 2 W's then trained like of M ZAhid and SHoiab Actor. and made sure that the legacy was passed on.

The weakest link in the chain has been Shoaib. His attitude and commitment have been way too indifferent. He gives a damn about the young bowlers or fellow bowlers or Pakistan. He should have taken the role of the senior bowler and trained and guided young bowlers.He has been the real dissappointment.

Sami on the other hand at least tries.

thats a fair pt as well waisay. however i think sami could have learnt as well octavian, he didnt though and i would blame him for that waisay

razzaq playing like crap - did nothing with the bat, and now doing nothing with the ball

only reason i defend sami is because he has shown once that he is really good..and once he has shown it, he can't hide it...we have to somehow unearth it

Razzaq is swinging the ball ... he just dosen't know how much ... its only a matter of time before he figers i tout .... hopefully

If sami had played under Wasim and Waqar , he would 've been a far better bowler. Shoaib is the man who should be guiding him. But sadly shoaib is not that kind of a person.

He only cares about himself.

octavian said:
Yaar umar, i believe that the weak link has been Shoaib not Sami.

The fast boling Legacy that started from Sarfraz and Imran, was transfered very well to the 2 W's. 2 W's then trained like of M ZAhid and SHoiab Actor. and made sure that the legacy was passed on.

The weakest link in the chain has been Shoaib. His attitude and commitment have been way too indifferent. He gives a damn about the young bowlers or fellow bowlers or Pakistan. He should have taken the role of the senior bowler and trained and guided young bowlers.He has been the real dissappointment.

Sami on the other hand at least tries.

I m not sure they taught Zahid anything! Even Shoaib basically used his pace and his best performances came in the absence of Wasim. I don't think the W's left us with many bowling options.

why?

Why does our fast bowler bowls so many bowls at batsman pads....

Everytime they do that they score runs..

I wouldnt mind using afridi soon, i think inzi is missing that little trick there

Inzi brings back sami- poor move - i would go with afridi at this stage !!!

Marooned are you kidding me ?????

Likes of Zahid , shoiab, Amir nazir, S nazir and some other bowlers made it into the side in the 90's mainly under WAsim.

They all did very well right from the word go. You have to give credit to Wasim and to some extent Waqar to give these all there experience and skills.

that was daft yar ggm, i think it was plumb considering tendu didnt offer a shot at all
bloody hell!!!!!

Thats only too obvious umar

We all remeber how Shoaib used to swing the ball when wasim was captain. Remember those 2 yorkers last time pakistan was in india???

Where is that swing now?? How come all those bowlers usd to swing it even from there first match???

Hell, even Razzaq and Azhar Mehmood were far better bowlers under Wasim.

Good thing about the Pkaistan side under Inzi is that they do not let wrong decisions effect them. They do not get so uptight that they lose focus. Once you have had a bad call, you just have to forget about it and get on with the game. You can't let it effect you.

And Pakistan under Inzi do not allow it to effect them.

As Bucknor found out, don't give Tendulkar out unless you want your name besmirched by every Indian institution. Especially an LBW.

:)) Accidentally posted in the "Girls" thread

i agree with you on that acct ggm but do you remember other pak captains letting it getting to them?, i ask cause I dont know. atleast, im sure not with wasim.
and i think it should have been out yar.

octavian, i agree 100%.

Sami is managing to earn my respect ... i see everything coming from him, inswing, a little bit of out and finally the reverse .....

octavian said:

Likes of Zahid , shoiab, Amir nazir, S nazir and some other bowlers made it into the side in the 90's mainly under WAsim.

They all did very well right from the word go. You have to give credit to Wasim and to some extent Waqar to give these all there experience and skills.

Zahid had natural pace and struck in his first test in which I don't think Wasim even played. Was done and dusted soon. Nazir and Nazir got no where with their careers so why should I compare them with what Imran did with Wasim/Waqar or even Aaqib? They left us with on one as such. If I remember correctly Shoaib was brought in by Aamir/Rashid and struck right then.

What a retarded reaction by Bowden.

sami actually bowls a yorker - finally !!!!!! ;)+

did u see that yorker by sami to tendy????? it was so close..guyz pls make dua..Allah is the only one who can help sami and the whole pak team

"i agree with you on that acct ggm but do you remember other pak captains letting it getting to them?"

I have to say under Imran Khan Pakistan did at times behave badly when a bad decison went against them.

But that was in the era of home umpires standing. Also Pakistanis wanted to prove that it was not just Pkaistanis umpires who made errors. They did feel at times they were wrongly singled out, when in fact all over the world umpiring tended to favour the home team.

That was part of the reason for the poor reaction.

intersting interesting.

and as i had said earlier, inzi should have had 1 or 2 more guys around tendu but didnt and this cost us again

sami bowling real well !!!!

needs to get rewarded with a wicket !!

Marooned said:
octavian said:

Zahid had natural pace and struck in his first test in which I don't think Wasim even played. Was done and dusted soon. Nazir and Nazir got no where with their careers so why should I compare them with what Imran did with Wasim/Waqar or even Aaqib? They left us with on one as such. If I remember correctly Shoaib was brought in by Aamir/Rashid and struck right then.

What a retarded reaction by Bowden.

you obviously have a very weak memory marroned. Shoaib burst onto the scene when we toured S.Africa in 1998, Wasim was the captain then. India toured followed and Shoiab got by bowling those 2 magical deliveries to Tendi and Dravid. Wasim was the Captain at that time. Amir/Rashid came together after WC2003. Good 5 years after that.

As regards to Zahid yes he had natural pace. But so does Sami!! You can not teach some one to bowl fast, but you can teach them how to swing and groom them. Thats exactly what Wasim did.

All these Pakistan Zinadabad clips that you see. Pakistan fast bowlers tribute clips in which you see our bowlers bowling all the batsman, and see stupms flying, 95% of them are from Wasim and Waqar era.

Akhtar made his debut against the W.I. in the second Test at Pindi in 1997 when Wasim was captain.

Wasim also backed Shahid Nazir. Had in the sqaud most times when he was captain. But whenever he lost the captaincy Nazir lost his place in the side.

Also it is not Wasim's fault that Zahid is so injury prone.

cant comprehend all this criticism towards wasim really. poor poor poor stuff marooned, disappointing, you should now go and reside with Bari :))

octavian said:
you obviously have a very weak memory marroned. Shoaib burst onto the scene when toured S.Africa in 1998, Wasim was the captain then. Inida toured followed and Shoiab got by bowling those 2 magical deliveries to Tendi and Dravid. Wasim was the Captain at that time. Amir/Rashid came together after WC2003. Good 5 years after that.

As regards to Zahid yes he had natural pace. But so does Sami!! You can not teach some one to bowl fast, but you can teach them how to swing and groom them. Thats exactly what Wasim did.

All these Pakistan Zinadabad clips that you see. Pakistan fast bowlers tribute clips in which you see our bowlers bowling all the batsman, and see stupms flying, 95% of them are from Wasim and Waqar era.

Octa, Wasim was not the captain on that tour he wasn't even in the squad for the first couple of games as he was dropped on match-fixing charges. Aamir and Rashid led the team.

What exactly did Zahid achieve? Yes he had pace but was he around enough to be praising him for his achievements? Or how Wasim helped him? He had one good match in which he bowled quick as did Sami in his very first game. Not sure where all the help from Wasim/Waqar comes in or when he really was swinging the ball.

I don't dispute anything about those clips both Wasim and Waqar were excellent bowlers in their time. Not sure if they were all that great for other pacers though.

exactly GGM. its not wasims fault that Zahid broke his back.

Its not his fault that he had a good pool of fast bowlers to chose from M Akram, Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Nazir, Azhar Mehmood and Razzaq were also very dangerous. Waqar was still around. Not to mention Wasim himself.

So careers of Shahid Nazir and Amir Nazir was compromised. But at least he had an eye from talent and knew how to polish it

Marooned you make me laugh my freind. I did'nt knw that you were so biased against Wasim. I wouldnt have started it at all.

ggm said:
Wasim also backed Shahid Nazir. Had in the sqaud most times when he was captain. But whenever he lost the captaincy Nazir lost his place in the side.

I m not sure how much he backed Shahid Nazir. He barely played for Pakistan even when Wasim was captain.

As for Zahid my point is that I wouldn't credit Wasim for grooming Zahid or anything of the sort as octa seemed to be suggesting.

You can't blame the faults of other bowlers on Wasim and Waqar. You can tell the young bowlers what they should be doing, but it ultimatly comes down to the bowlers themselves. What they do with advice is down to them.

Marooned said:
ggm said:

I m not sure how much he backed Shahid Nazir. He barely played for Pakistan even when Wasim was captain.

As for Zahid my point is that I wouldn't credit Wasim for grooming Zahid or anything of the sort as octa seemed to be suggesting.

exactly GGM. its not wasims fault that Zahid broke his back.

Its not his fault that he had a good pool of fast bowlers to chose from M Akram, Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Nazir, Azhar Mehmood and Razzaq were also very dangerous. Waqar was still around. Not to mention Wasim himself.

So careers of Shahid Nazir and Amir Nazir was compromised. But at least he had an eye from talent and knew how to polish it.

ggm said:
You can't blame the faults of other bowlers on Wasim and Waqar. You can tell the young bowlers what they should be doing, but it ultimatly comes down to the bowlers themselves. What they do with advice is down to them.

I agree. I have not blaming them but I don't think it's fair to say that they provided us with heaps of bowlers and Shoaib didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back