Afghanistan v India U-23s l Emerging Teams Cup | Singapore | 22/8/13 l Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Afghanistan playing Cricket. They almost defended a low score against us.

Afghanistan needs to win by a comfortable margin to knock Pakistan Under-23s out and to make the semi-finals

Why was Sandeep Warrier not given more overs? Bowled just 4!!

Rooting for the Afghans (and Chand).. Cricket needs them.. We'll have one more team with a lot of flair like Pakistan and West Indies

I would have been rooting for afghans if the hasham guy didn't challenge me....��

Off topic; Are Pakistan already qualified for the semis? They have 4 Points and good net run rate after beating Nepal comprehensively.

afganistan need to restrict india below 130 to qualify for semis

If they keep india below 130 then they will get through semis to join pak...and india will miss out

India struggling here 83/4 after almost 29 overs.

Pity Afghanistan's best bowler missed out today. He would have loved to bowl today.

Lol. If Afghanistan qualifies, and india loses ,I am quitting pp as promised..

Bangladesh can miss out on a sf birth would be a huge blow for them if they fail to book a semi place in a group involving UAE and Singapore.

if India and BD loose this we may end up topping our group and get to face UAE for our semi.

Excellent bowling by Mirwais Ashraf. 10 overs, 1/18.

United Arab Emirates 202/8 (50 ov)
Bangladesh Under-23s 141/6 (38.0 ov)
Bangladesh Under-23s require another 62 runs with 4 wickets and 12.0 overs remaining

BD on the way out.

Afghanistan 184/7 (50 ov)
India Under-23s 106/5 (38.0 ov)
India Under-23s require another 79 runs with 5 wickets and 12.0 overs remaining

India need just 24 to secure their place in semis.

Have we qualified already or have a chance of missing out?

From cricinfo yesterday:

It was an easy win for Pakistan U-23s, Babar Azam played well for his century, scored runs all round the ground, with this win Pakistan U-23s have guaranteed their spot in knock outs. Nepal didn't had the total to defend on this flat wicket.

Babar Azam has been awarded the Man of the Match for his century

Only 4 runs and a wicket from the last 5 overs... good pressure from the Afghans

One thing is for sure about Afghans. They have winner mentality, never gives up. The games against Nepal, Pakistan and now this games show that.

I am looking forward to see how well they do the next 10 years. Could well become a full member.

From cricinfo
"Another close one featuring Afghanistan! India need 135 to be safely into the semi--finals even if they lose this one."

How does this make sense when this is the last game.

One thing is for sure about Afghans. They have winner mentality, never gives up. The games against Nepal, Pakistan and now this games show that.

I am looking forward to see how well they do the next 10 years. Could well become a full member.

They are playing their main team, not under 23 team. Still its good fight by afghans.

Shame on Pakistan U-23 for losing to India. Could have won it and made it a bit more easy for Afghanistan ;-)

:yahoo "17 runs between both teams and a place in the semi-finals tomorrow" from cricinfo earlier. Pakistan Qualified!

If India U-23 loses it would be great for us. Pakistan would take the #1 spot in the points table because of NRR advantage.(India need to lose by a good margin)

I find it funny how the Indian posters have disappeared and the Pakistani ones have shown up :))

If India loses by a good margin,Pak would take on UAE in the semis! Insha'Allah Afghanistan will win by a good margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back