Andy Flower leaving the PSL to attend the IPL Draft is an insult to the PSL

They can pay him 2 cents. His IPL franchise could pay him 1 Billion dollars.

It does not matter.

Thats not the point.

The issue is the principle - Andy Flower accepted and CONSENTED and SIGNED to be the head coach of Multan Sultans. No one put a gun to his head!

He is DOUBLE DIPPING.

He should have declined to be Multan Sultan coach AHEAD OF TIME if HE ANTICIPATED commitment issues.

This is UNPROFESSIONAL. This is not about money.

How do you think the dressing room environment will be when they know that their coach is not committed to the current job?

Multan Sultans should just end his contract and wish him good luck. I would if I was them. Make an example out of this.

It makes me laugh when people only talk about money, money, money...like they're going to take all this money to their graves. lol...

You are assuming that there is no prior agreement between Flower and MS. You are also assuming that MS had no idea Flower was double dipping.

As far as professionalism goes, since there is no statement from MS, I am going to assume that all of this was known and agreed to prior. Which means it is as professional as it gets.

The issue is not with what he did, the issue is the hollow arrogance and delusion of our fans and the media/ex-players who keep comparing PSL with IPL and come up with laughing assertions that PSL is better than IPL, PSL has better bowling, better your talent etc.

All nonsense. Pile of hot rubbish. PSL is just a poor imitation of IPL. Basically a beggar’s IPL.

IPL is bigger than Pakistan cricket itself now, let alone its low-budget imitation.

As long as you have players and coaches who have interests in both IPL and PSL at the same time, these things will happen.

There will be no uproar and disappointment if we stop living in cloud cuckoo land and accept the reality, regardless of how hurtful it is.

Thank you for your uninformed and uneducated evaluation of PSL which is currently being aired on SKYSPORTS.

Its value will increase over time as a brand, dont you worry. Its the first year its being held in Pakistan despite COVID.

It has not had the same opportunities as IPL.

The talent from PSL beat India 152-0. Keep that in mind.

Rizwan is a PSL product. He got his confidence after PSL 6 captaincy and win.
Rauf, Asif are PSL products.

Babar, Shaheen had PSL as their main platform to shine for many years.

Pakistani team is on an upswing and PSL has definitely played its part, so please stop disrespecting the league, its players and the country as a whole.

No one is living in cuckoo land. No one is hurt.

I could care less if Andy Flower is the coach. He is not anyone important and Multan Sultans would have been fine without him.

The issue is his unprofessional behavior.

You are assuming that there is no prior agreement between Flower and MS. You are also assuming that MS had no idea Flower was double dipping.

As far as professionalism goes, since there is no statement from MS, I am going to assume that all of this was known and agreed to prior. Which means it is as professional as it gets.

Unless I see it on contract that there is an agreement signed for exclusivity, its hard for me to believe that someone can leave the current obligation in the middle of their commitment and pursue other opportunities. This is not an assumption. This is against form and what contracts are about.

If Multan Sultans allowed this to happen then they are foolish. And they should come out and explain. Why would they hire someone that does not take their franchise seriously in the first place?

If Andy Flower hid his intentions while signing up with MS, then he is unprofessional and should be fired.

Unless I see it on contract that there is an agreement signed for exclusivity, its hard for me to believe that someone can leave the current obligation in the middle of their commitment and pursue other opportunities. This is not an assumption. This is against form and what contracts are about.

If Multan Sultans allowed this to happen then they are foolish. And they should come out and explain. Why would they hire someone that does not take their franchise seriously in the first place?

If Andy Flower hid his intentions while signing up with MS, then he is unprofessional and should be fired.

It could have been a verbal agreement between the two. Which is fine as long as both sides involved are fine. Does not have to be in the contract.

If this happened without MS's knowledge then it is entirely on them for not doing their due diligence.

If Flower did not let MS know of his intentions prior to signing then it is unprofessional. But if he did (I am going to assume he did since MS are silent) then that is very professional of him.

Last edited:
I would say that he probably did NOT notify, thats why this is being raised in the media.

Do we have any confirmation on whether Flower was allowed to vanish ?

If he left just like that then it’s unprofessional and he could in theory lose his job for breaching his commitment with Multan.

But if Multan have already agreed with this and Flower gave them prior notice, then if there is any criticisms it should be directed at the Multan management for allowing it.

Andy Flower of all people I’d have thought wouldn’t have just left like that, it’s a bit hard to believe.

This is a mega auction that happens once every few years. It's also the first auction since 2013 that features more than 8 teams. Add to that it's for a brand new team with an owner who payed a record sum for a franchise.

Why wouldn't he attend the auction in person.

Not sure why people are trying to pit PSL vs IPL here. Any coach would have gone.

The mark of a good leader is that the team doesn't fall to pieces if you're not around for a few days. The teams would have planned for this anyways given that COVID requires quarantine, family emergencies etc.

Flower defo has this pre agreed, if not it would be a breach of contract and multan would have to sack him, I don't see the issue here, ipl pays more plus ms have mushy otis Gibson ready to takeover so not a huge loss, plus Ms are top with 100% record so even if his full attention is not on psl they still doing good, let's see the affect on the team once he goes

Why are people losing their minds over this. He'll be back in a week. This isnt like football for some of you children. Hur cheez main opinion..seriously talk about things that are more relevant than aunty's gossip like this. Half the kiddies on here would sack the coach after one game..au choatay yay guddi gudday ja khel nahin hay..

Not an ideal situation if you ask me.

Although people use the term coach, coaches are more like managers in league. They don't work on techniques or teach player how to play, yes you may sort out a kink or two but that's all you can do in few weeks worth of a league.

So their main role is to strategise and get combination right and that's a very hands-on job. How Multan have agreed to Andy Flower leaving is surprising to me.

Can't blame Flower in all this, he's simply following the money.

Clearly his contract with PSL team must allow him to do this, else I don't see how he can keep his job. If his contract allows it, then it just shows how seriously Multan take his coaching role, which is again disturbing.

Last edited:
This is what happens when the same player, staff member or coach is associated with multiple franchises. This is why I call these leagues nothing more than a circus. There is no loyalty. They are all running after money. Even fans supporting these teams look fake. You can never compete with Football Leagues that are run professionally and seriously. This incident has further proved my point once again. And some people want these nonsense tamasha leagues to replace international cricket? :91: :inti

I think Flower is just doing what others in his place would do.

He's grabbing opportunities that are available to him.

Whilst some might think it's unprofessional, he is making a living I guess.

I think Flower is just doing what others in his place would do.

He's grabbing opportunities that are available to him.

Whilst some might think it's unprofessional, he is making a living I guess.

Agreed, and I really have no issues with this. Its good that PCB is starting to realise where it stands on the world stage and acting accordingly.

This is what happens when the same player, staff member or coach is associated with multiple franchises. This is why I call these leagues nothing more than a circus. There is no loyalty. They are all running after money. Even fans supporting these teams look fake. You can never compete with Football Leagues that are run professionally and seriously. This incident has further proved my point once again. And some people want these nonsense tamasha leagues to replace international cricket? :91: :inti

I agree with it too that one player/coach should be associated with only 1 league. Only Indian players are following this due to BCCI banning them from going anywhere outside IPL. Rest of the cricketers are freelancers who plays every possible leagues available to them.

But I think comparison with football leagues is not fair. Football leagues happens throughout the year. So a Ronaldo cant play for Man U for a month and then go onto to play for Real Madrid in La Liga. But cricket leagues are in tournament format with a stipulated timeframe (most of them are for a month) and spreads across the calendar. So a player can afford to play more than 1 league.

From what I understand, these auctions need a lot of thought process - you just dont fly in and buy players and them run off. Which means that Flower is probably actively involved in his IPL team process DURING the time he is supposed to be fully focussed on his MS duties.

If nothing else, this is pretty poor stuff.

But another issue that many are ignoring is that PSL wasnt suppose to even start before 14 of feb. Dates were shifted which clashed with other people who had comitments pre-booked

Do we have any confirmation on whether Flower was allowed to vanish ?

If he left just like that then it’s unprofessional and he could in theory lose his job for breaching his commitment with Multan.

But if Multan have already agreed with this and Flower gave them prior notice, then if there is any criticisms it should be directed at the Multan management for allowing it.

Andy Flower of all people I’d have thought wouldn’t have just left like that, it’s a bit hard to believe.

Criticism falls on pcb not flower or multan.

We had set a window for psl, but to accomodate and lay out infront of the aussies we shifted the dates...psl starts after 14th of feb. Last year it was started on 20th.

If the australia series doesnt go ahead and they pull out at the last minute, loss would be for pcb as psl was started to early in january. People have become accustom to watch this tournament mid feb onwards to march

But another issue that many are ignoring is that PSL wasnt suppose to even start before 14 of feb. Dates were shifted which clashed with other people who had comitments pre-booked

Then all this should have been made clear by MS management to everyone, including the main stakeholders of PSL - the Pakistan cricket fans.

Andy Flower leaving for 10 days in the middle of the tournament to tend to a different tournament. LOL.

Thats like 1/3 the tournament time.

Double dipping.

Amazing.

He should be thankful that MS is 5-0 otherwise if they were 0-4 like Karachi, and he left, all hell will break loose.

Multan Sultans need to explain this, as far as I know, the owners are pretty savvy businessmen, they would not miss something this big. It is very disappointing. If they signed him with this knowledge, then poor on them and it shows desperation.

If they allowed this to happen then they need to answer to the fans. They should have chosen a different coach. Maybe someone local for this season.

Do you see Viv Richards double dipping? No.

They should not have compromised on this esp. given the circumstances, and political tensions between the countries. It would have been easier to forgive if Flower was leaving to strategize for BBL or BPL for instance which do not ban Pakistani players for instance.

And I already mentioned earlier, poor on Andy Flower also - if his heart is with IPL, why bother entertaining MS and IPL? He clearly does not respect MS or PSL. So again, good luck to him. Seems like he's a greedy POS.

And to those who are saying that "well he needs to maximize his earning". Well, why coach then? Go find a stable profession or open a business in Zimbabwe which will bring you money. What he's doing is basically earning from somewhere else while gawking at others.

Think about the reverse, if the coach from Mumbai Indians said guys I need to go attend PSL and BBL auction and strategize for 10 days, would that be ok? Of course not.

Prove that there is a breach.

Nope, unfortunately its you who has to provide the burden of proof because you are the one who is denying basic tenets of what a contract is.

You think someone leaving for 1/3 the tournament and fore-going their commitment is acceptable.

Perhaps you've never held any serious jobs in your life so therefore there is a lack of understanding.

Agreed, and I really have no issues with this. Its good that PCB is starting to realise where it stands on the world stage and acting accordingly.

But as long as this was agreed beforehand and not just sprung on MS at the last minute.

I'd be shocked if this wasn't pre-agreed before the tourny started.

If it wasn't and this sprung upon the team and management then of course it's poor.

But if this was all agreed upon and the people in the know had prior knowledge of what would happen then it's fine.

I think the issue is no-one knows atm and thus there's abit of criticism of Flower leaving.

Back