Asia Cup 2023: Pakistan vs India | Match 3 | 2 September | Pallakele | India innings

Naseem has been superb.

Very unlucky not to have a wicket.

Surprised he was taken off mid-spell.

Stunned to see Shaheen and Naseem dominating this Kishan and Gill into tuk tuk, they look like Viv and Lara in IPL?? :afridi

No way should India be playing at 5 rpo in these conditions. Pakistan bowlers have given way too many unnecessary runs here. Thankfully 3 wickets so far have been their compensation.

shaheen afridi economy is at 2.8 and he started at 5-6

As a Pak, I don't care if we gave away 7 an over in the PP. As long as we keep on getting wickets at a regular interval, we should end up winning this.

It will be a rain affected game. India's run rate is not bad, won't mind it to become a 40 over game.

No way should India be playing at 5 rpo in these conditions. Pakistan bowlers have given way too many unnecessary runs here. Thankfully 3 wickets so far have been their compensation.
They searching for wickets pluss they had 2 slips so they are taking risk.

I think covers being removed but surely it was an unnecessary interruption, they could have left them play it was a light drizzle

Ya prople still think its a old pak team this team loves chasing
Its common to remember failures more than successes. Anything below 250 is Pakistan's game to lose. Because of the wet outfield the bowlers will find it hard to grip the ball. Which begs the question what made rohit and babar think batting first was a good option.

Great bowling so far. As long as we keep India under 200 we have a good chance to win considering 2 good knock from Fakhar and Babar.

Pak could have played ashraf here rather than a spinner
Fahim is basically Scott Styris level bowler.

Hasan Ali would have been much better (if he's bowling well in the domestic now) a better batter and a better bowler.

Can this be the game for Fakhar to get tuned for the WC. If he manages to get 50, he will be back!

Just tuned in. As expected, India lost Rohit and Kohli to the new ball. Rohit simply cannot play left arm quick who can swing the ball into the batsman. He is a sitting duck against new ball.
India needed a left handed batsman to face the new ball.

time to bring on spin from one of the otehr ends

With so much ball movement, it’s puzzling to understand why there is no 2nd slip. Strange captaincy by Babar.

shuld keep pace from one end i guess, maybe allow haris to bowl

Haur koi hukam sir jee?
I think he makes sense. If it rains and overs are lost than pakistan will be in a situation where its fast bowlers have bowled most of their quota. So introducing spin isn't a a bad option.

Gill's agony is over. I shudder to think of the reaction if a PAK batsman played that innings.

Looks like an easy win for Pakistan. Difficult seeing India score anything above 200.

Back