Australia [318 & 262] secure the Benaud-Qadir series with a 79-run win over Pakistan [264 & 237] in the 2nd Test at the MCG

Never mind forget what I said, Cummins is out thankfully, he is no mug with a bat, so that is a good wicket to get

Pitch is a road

One of your players needs to lock down and get a 150 here off 180 balls

It’s there for the taking if you are brave enough to go for it

9-10 runs kind of overs needs to be avoided otherwise 4-5 overs like this and 40-50 runs ... Hamza is at least tighter. Pakistan should have started with two best bowlers.
Starting with AJ based on his form this game was stupid by Shan.

Shan made a lot of dumb and lazy decisions this game. This guy is supposed to be some Dhoni or Imran level tactician by his fans, he’s incredibly overrated as a tactician so far.

Pitch is a road

One of your players needs to lock down and get a 150 here off 180 balls

It’s there for the taking if you are brave enough to go for it
They’re too mentally weak and lack the hunger to score anything more than a 50. All of them

We deserve this one. Every single umpires call has gone to the Aussies so far.

Do u guys really thing that was out?

Nothing on the Hotspot and showing a nick on Snicko.

1703808079419.jpeg

it might not make a difference in the match but if Pak can get them before 300 lead, that would be nice

They’re too mentally weak and lack the hunger to score anything more than a 50. All of them
I feel Shan wants to score those big daddy tons but isn’t getting going at the moment. He is due a big one

It still hurts to think had shafique taken the catch, maybe just maybe Pak would have won the game, their was still batting to come for Aussies, but dropping the catch changed the whole tempo of the game for PAK

These days anything is chasable nothing wrong with the pitch, Pak playing with 1 batsman (rizwan) if they could take the game into day 5 that’ll be an achievement in itself.

I have a weird feeling that the speed guns in this series are clocking everyone 5-7kmh less than what they usually would elsewhere

Poor poor bowling

Jamal has run out of gas. Bowling like this against England next October will end his career before it ever started

I agree with everyone that we should have had Mir Hamza bowling some of the opening overs for today.

Hopefully he cleans them up quick now that the new ball is so close.

We weren’t chasing anything over 200 on a day 4-5 pitch.

The game is over, it won’t go to day 5…all because of the dropped catch🤦🏻‍♂️

Jamal leaked far too many this game. What happened to him after the first test? Lost all his discipline and bowled complete filth this innings.

Australia has more than enough to win this.

Pakistan needs to bat supremely well here. Pitch is also a bit flat now. That should help the batting. But overall, its Aus match to lose from here.

I have a weird feeling that the speed guns in this series are clocking everyone 5-7kmh less than what they usually would elsewhere

Looks like that but then shows AJ occasionally bowing over 140s.. that means he’s bowling them over 145..

AJ for you in nutshell; bowls crap for a couple of balls and then all of a sudden come up with a beauty.

I guess the only reason we are feeling confident of chasing 300 is usually we are chasing 400 or 500 to make the opposition bat again.

Even if Pak Lose Shafique needs to score 100, to make up for the drop catches

Carey will take a few chances in Salman's over as it will be the last one before the new ball.

Get the last one quick and not allow another 25 runs. Aus scored too many runs in morning.

Australia has more than enough to win this.

Pakistan needs to bat supremely well here. Pitch is also a bit flat now. That should help the batting. But overall, its Aus match to lose from here.

New ball + usual middle order collapse.. if Pakistan someone manage to allude those then the chase is definitely on..

When she says "yes", but her parents say "no."

ls2CB0w.png

Jamal leaked far too many this game. What happened to him after the first test? Lost all his discipline and bowled complete filth this innings.

His economy rates are high across formats in domestic too. He can get wickets but he can go for plenty as well. You just have to live with it.

300+ target unfortunately seems way too much at this point unless someone like Babar plays an innings of a lifetime. It might happen but I certainly wouldn't bet on it happening.

The bowlers have done their job, especially Shaheen, Mir Hamza, and Aamer Jamal, the best medium-paced trio in this match for us.

Now, I'm worried about the batters. If they collapse, we'll lose the chance of winning this test. Let's aim for at least a draw. Fingers crossed

This game's hard but they gotta believe. 170 overs minimum. Crawl to the target if needs be

The bowlers have done their job, especially Shaheen, Mir Hamza, and Aamer Jamal, the best medium-paced trio in this match for us.

Now, I'm worried about the batters. If they collapse, we'll lose the chance of winning this test. Let's aim for at least a draw. Fingers crossed
In both test matches, we didn't feel the absence of a spinner. The medium pacers did the job well.

We aren't going to chase 300, we don't have that capability but it's nice to see we've shown a bit of fight, at least in bowling

I suspect the batting won't be pretty to watch and no doubt we can rue key moments such as being 124-1 and then dropping Marsh early on

Its still a 4th day pitch. so not the usual 5th day wear and tear. Doesnt look like any demons are there. But Pakistan has to believe they can chase it. Playing for a draw wont work out

Its still a 4th day pitch. so not the usual 5th day wear and tear. Doesnt look like any demons are there. But Pakistan has to believe they can chase it. Playing for a draw wont work out
I don't think they will play for a draw. It's not possible to survive almost two days on this pitch for a draw. They either win or lose.

We aren't going to chase 300, we don't have that capability but it's nice to see we've shown a bit of fight, at least in bowling

I suspect the batting won't be pretty to watch and no doubt we can rue key moments such as being 124-1 and then dropping Marsh early on
This has been a very entertaining test match - good value. If Pak lose, they've done better than in a long while in Aus imo and they should learn from their mistakes like the extras they gave and middle order collapse and fielding. We're playing with some rookie bowlers and challenged Aus at home for multiple sessions.

Chance of win is higher than draw. Whatever it may be. So much time left in this test that you can't draw if you bat till the end.

Chance of win is higher than draw. Whatever it may be. So much time left in this test that you can't draw if you bat till the end.
Exactly. Going for a draw at this point = forfeiting and going for a loss

When was the last time we took 20 wickets in Australia? One wicket away now
I think this is for the first time since 1996-97 that we have taken 20 wickets in Australia with no Australian batter scoring a 100..

Hamza barely crossed 120kph in his first over of the day. They all look very stiff.

900+ International wickets

He’s earned the right to just turn up somewhere and pick up his paycheque for saying something, anything

900 wickets whilst PLAYING. As a commentator his input is about as useful as hot air!

Bowled the best bowling spell of Pakistan and you calling him trundler...
You must be Imam ul haq fan.
Can't bat
Can't field Can't do anything but call this and that

Not a fan of imam. Just stating the obvious. Mir is as innocuous as they come, sooner naseem shah fit, the better.

Back