Australia [318 & 262] secure the Benaud-Qadir series with a 79-run win over Pakistan [264 & 237] in the 2nd Test at the MCG

Chasing 300 on this wicket agiant Starc, Hazlewood and Cummins?

Forget it

Funny, a deliveries before, Shafiq warned Imam - "Padke Bahar Ja raha hi!". Then Shafiq proceeds to chase the same exact delivery and gets out.

If there is one thing Australia is good at, it's making that 300 feel like 400 and eons away.

Pakistan are barely hanging on grimly.

Hope has hasn't broken a rib

CrwCIUj.png

These 2 nepotism picks at the crease havnt a ounce of talent in them.

I’m surprised they havnt been hospitalised more often.

I thought Papa ki dream Shan Masood might have gone off after that blow to the chest

Major sahib app bi?

Et tu Brutus?

Then why hope? :(
Having watched the Australia series in 2010 i learned a lesson back than. We will always be unprepared for a test series there.

If we have a good bowling line up our fielders will find a way to drop catches. We made it a habit of dropping Warner in every game.

We never learned a lesson from Kamran Akmal's performance back in Sydney. Infact, 6 months later he was made the vice captain of the Pakistan test team.

I dont even bother to watch the Australia series anymore. Its one thing to give good competition, but to drop catches and give away the match is our habit.

When Australia were 16-4 yesterday, i knew we will somehow give this away, and thats exactly what happened when Shafique dropped a simple catch. Shut the TV and went back to bed

This is the approach we need we are losing this game why not just go for runs

Yea Gilly, roast this fraud. 0 off 14 in 30 mins+ is crazy.

Masood hits consecutive boundaries after being smashed on the ribs.
Captain trying to fight fire with fire

(The speed of a punch in boxing is 40-50 kph by comparison.)

7ZJc9bA.png

These stupid umpires just can’t wait for us to lose

Yesterday how many times we took review and it was hitting but was umpire call and look just now awful

Two short and wide balls by Lyon missed in that over

That could have easily been 8 runs off the total

Another down leg ball lead back to Starc’s hand only for him to drop it

Imam is a terrible, terrible player!

It took 18 balls and almost 40 mins for Imam to get off the mark.

I woke up at 3am to follow this game, Imam's batting is not helping me in my endeavor to stay awake.

Wow imam ran four, that's how you know the mcg is a huge ground

Just fight that's all I want. Pitch is not impossible but mentally 316 vs Australia seems impossible for us. But try at least.

Imam getting into his groove now.
Groove really that should've crossed the boundary... Mota parchi ul haq have no strength needs proteins....
Can't bat
Can't field
Can't run
And no proteins to throw or clear boundary....
Koi inzmam say ask karay 20 lacks Kay protein buy Kar Letay parchi ul haq Kay liyay

1 down at lunch is not too bad, no more than 2 should fall in the next session for so much as a sniff at this

Shafique's wicket is a blow, he is a player capable of scoring a big hundred.

We really need Shan and Imam to hit a big partnership.

Looking at Imam, you don't know how he is going to get a move on. His off side game against back of length deliveries is non-existent, and they are not going to present too many half-volleys to drive so that's why he gets stuck at the crease. He only waits for something angled towards his body to tuck away.

He missed out on a short and wide delivery first up against Hazlewood, any batter with decent play of the backfoot would have put it away. Then Lyon offered him a ranked long hop but he just didn't seem ready to put that one away.

This sort of batting is nothing but asking for trouble. Nobody is demanding him to play expansive shots but at least put the bad ones away. Missed out on at least 8 runs so far.

Looking at Imam, you don't know how he is going to get a move on. His off side game against back of length deliveries is non-existent, and they are not going to present too many half-volleys to drive so that's why he gets stuck at the crease. He only waits for something angled towards his body to tuck away.

He missed out on a short and wide delivery first up against Hazlewood, any batter with decent play of the backfoot would have put it away. Then Lyon offered him a ranked long hop but he just didn't seem ready to put that one away.

This sort of batting is nothing but asking for trouble. Nobody is demanding him to play expansive shots but at least put the bad ones away. Missed out on at least 8 runs so far.

Pakistan have missed 15-20 easy runs already

Just allowing bowlers to settle into their spell with no pressure. Bad balls are not being put away

Yeah well said. And in doing so, he puts tons of pressure on his partners.
He should just look to rotate strike and build his confidence from there

Imam is a proven bottler and he is one of those batters who is never in no matter the score. I don’t understand what mgt sees in him and is being persisted with. This guy can never win you a game… he needs to be booted once and for all.

Imam is a proven bottler and he is one of those batters who is never in no matter the score. I don’t understand what mgt sees in him and is being persisted with. This guy can never win you a game… he needs to be booted once and for all.
Sadly have to agree. Even though, I back the ones that are picked to play a game but hard to back Imam anymore.

He has had ample opportunities over the last 2-3 years to play an impactful knock on big stage but he has failed to deliver time and again - be it ODI or Test cricket. This ODI WC was the final confirmation about his lack of match-winning capabilities.

He is the king of soft runs.

Probably one last chance to reverse the trend. Still don't expect him to get anyway near a century. Best he can do is make a grinding and scratchy fifty.

Imam is such a limited player.

I would rather see Shan Masood open and swap Imam for another batsmen.
Actually this is what I wanted since the start of the series. Everyone goes up 1 place in the batting order and play 5 bowlers (Salman at best is a sixth bowler who can give you 10 overs max).

Commies saying that if Pakistan is 200-3 by stumps they have got a shot.

I would even take a 200-4. That keeps Pakistan in the game.

Sadly have to agree. Even though, I back the ones that are picked to play a game but hard to back Imam anymore.

He has had ample opportunities over the last 2-3 years to play an impactful knock on big stage but he has failed to deliver time and again - be it ODI or Test cricket. This ODI WC was the final confirmation about his lack of match-winning capabilities.

Probably one last chance to reverse the trend. Still don't expect him to get anyway near a century. Best he can do is make a grinding and scratchy fifty.
He he has very limited skills, but also I hope he seizes this moment to change the way he’s viewed.

Whoever steps up and plays a match winning innings will instantly become a legend to Pakistanis.

Commies saying that if Pakistan is 200-3 by stumps they have got a shot.

I would even take a 200-4. That keeps Pakistan in the game.
I hope we score as many runs as we can today. Pitch will break down even more tomorrow and I can’t even imagine how harsh the nerves will be for the Pakistani batsmen overnight going into tomorrow if the target is within striking distance.

Amazing first over after lunch. Target the spin so they have to bring out and tire their pacers.

Imam is such a limited player.

I would rather see Shan Masood open and swap Imam for another batsmen.
Shan is getting older. He will have to drop down and play middle order soon enough anyway. Then we will be back with the same problem again of who to open with. Saw that with Azhar Ali, was a point he couldn’t open anymore.

Kerry O'Keeffe: "Lyon bowling to two left-handers is like accepting an invitation from Hannibal Lecter; it would make you feel very uncomfortable."

He is my favorite comentator

Even if he grinds it out and scores a 100 still he won’t win you a game. The winning contribution would still have to come from someone else. That’s the problem with IMAM. His best is to hold one end but that approach won’t win you too many games.

On comms: Shan Masood's father was not there at the time of Shan's birth. He was in Sharjah watching Pakistan vs India.

Back