Australia [318 & 262] secure the Benaud-Qadir series with a 79-run win over Pakistan [264 & 237] in the 2nd Test at the MCG

These commentators are glazing the Aussie bowling like crazy 😂

Talking as if Shane Warne, McGrath are waiting in the back. Come on now.

Most of our dismissals in the first innings were all soft and down to our own shortcomings.

317 is the target could have been around 200 if he have taken our chances but top effort by the bolwers

Finally so 316 is the lead, Good bowling by Pak, great to see Hamza get 4 wickets, honestly the lead should never went to 316, but cant look about the missed chances, that is done and dusted. Pak will have to do something special, it is not impossible but Pak need to believe, and also have to have match awareness, and really be in the moment. The boys can do something special, but it will not be easy, the Australian attack will be on their A-game

This is what was expected at the start of this morning, target of 300+

Over to the batters to play out of their skins to get close to this total.

These commentators are glazing the Aussie bowling like crazy 😂

Talking as if Shane Warne, McGrath are waiting in the back. Come on now.

Most of our dismissals in the first innings were all soft and down to our own shortcomings.
Cummins is the main danger he always perform against pakistan

This pitch is not breaking up.

Pakistan just need to get through the first 20 overs.

Babar will score a big hundred and lead us to vicrory. He is due a score.

900+ International wickets

He’s earned the right to just turn up somewhere and pick up his paycheque for saying something, anything
By that logic, Tendu with his 34,357 runs across all formats should be allowed to waffle on endlessly about velcro vs standard straps on his pads and ODI cricket with 4 innings...

315 is not out of reach here. Pitch is pretty good to bat. Some one needs to play 120-130 kind of knock and rest can paly around. Nothing to lose and everything to gain by playing positively. Problem is most Pakistani batsmen like to score 40-50 runs and not the big ones. One needs to go go big here.

Superb bowling from shaheen and hamza especially with an economy under 2.
317 will likely be too much to chase but hope we can give it a good go at least

The fact that we’re dealing with this pitch on day 4 instead of day 5 makes a big difference. Cummins scares me and Hazlewood is dangerous when he gets going but this target seems doable.

Regardless, I want us to go for the win. If we lose, go out fighting. I don’t want to be all out for 50.

Absolutely imperative that we don't suffer a collapse against new ball.

You can still recover from a collapse mid innings like we saw in the first innings but if it happens early in the innings against the new ball, it is game over.

With the ball doing so much and staying low too its going to be difficult for the Pak batters to make it to lunch without survival much.

317 for Pak to chase in about 5 sessions ...this will be xciting as there is a red hot chance of chasing ....will be test of Cummins field positioning as well if they don't get early wkts do they go negative & defensive fields...will be a must watch

No target is easy in the 4th innings but this isnt impossible. Just need the openers to be positive and not get bogged down

The greatest chance to pull of a heist in Australia.

If you’re a Pakistani batsman you should be excited to make history, not scared to become it.

Most realistic chance to win a game here since Sydney 2010.

Imagine sealing this game and then playing for all the marbles in the 3rd test.

Let’s go.

We will see hot much bottle Abdullah has. After dropping the catch can he pull himself back up and win the game, or is he a typical Pakistani batter who’s a mental midget

Pressure on Australia. If they lose, they will be clowned by their whole country. It’s over. In Sha Allah.

Now anyone here thinks it would have been a bad idea to start with Afridi and Hamza? I mean , by the time new ball came Aus was already 9 down but they added so many runs. I don't think it was a good call to wait for new ball when new ball was not so close.

I would have absolutely gone with Hamza and Afridi. I think Pakistan missed a trick here.

Now anyone here thinks it would have been a bad idea to start with Afridi and Hamza? I mean , by the time new ball came Aus was already 9 down but they added so many runs. I don't think it was a good call to wait for new ball when new ball was not so close.

I would have absolutely gone with Hamza and Afridi. I think Pakistan missed a trick here.
Yeah, at least should have given Hamza 2-3 overs. He would have had enough time to rest before the new ball even if he didn’t strike right away.

Couldn't have asked for a better start. This total is chaseable and Starc didnt look threatening

Bhogle usually mentions India within 50 secs of commentating today his quite, the other 2 commys reminded him of India’s thrashing yesterday.

Mark Waugh on Abdullah Shafique "I see a bit of Virat Kholi in him sometimes with the shots that he plays."

Not the way that he fields though!

Yeah, at least should have given Hamza 2-3 overs. He would have had enough time to rest before the new ball even if he didn’t strike right away.
Also, he won't have gone for those 9-10 runs an over. Those overs were damaging.

Anyway, what's done is done. Now it's up to batsmen and I think it's a good 4th day pitch for now. Playing positively will go a long way. Cummins is the one, most dangerous. It's not turning much yet. Other 3 bowlers can be handled.

You know it’s time drop someone when they can’t even put away short and wide garbage.

Idk what his fans say. This guy Imam is done. He will sap all the momentum of any innings.

Guaranteed imam will give 5 maidens
Not a problem as long as he is still there after 20 overs. You don't want others to come when ball is new. But yah, needs to score when there is opportunity.

Not a problem as long as he is still there after 20 overs. You don't want others to come when ball is new.
Wrong mentality . He should look to score singles at least. He is way way way too defensive

Mark Waugh on Abdullah Shafique "I see a bit of Virat Kholi in him sometimes with the shots that he plays."

Not the way that he fields though!
Both have butterfinger threads on PP to be fair

Wrong mentality . He should look to score singles at least. He is way way way too defensive
I did not mean to just block everything. I mean , there is no hurry and just play ball on merit. He seems to not score even on balls which is there to be hit.

Abdullah shafique needs to treat imam ul haq like nightwatchman.
I question the eyes if the entire squad who can't see this parchi ul has like a talender and they have not only given him a chance but give him opening.

Good to hear bechare Pak fans chanting Pakistan Zindabad. They have had nothing to cheer for up until this tour.

37 extras (first inning, less leg byes)
76 more runs due to dropping Marsh
46 runs more runs conceded from the drops in the first innings
=====
That's 159 runs

Pakistan would have only needed to chase 158 if they took their chances and reduced their extras.

Pakistan waiting for overcast conditions before they try to score runs

Survive the new ball until lunch and then we need to keep the scoring rate up to keep pressure on Australia.

haha gilchrist basically saying imam can't hurt aus with runs, only to tire out the aus bowlers

Shaffique gone...no chance then for making up for the dropped catches then

Oh, driving so much away from body. Had to be a much more tighter in the first 10 overs.

Imam and Shan do not run well together haha
one is an eager beaver, and the other is a slow trudder

You have to score a bit to make Cummins spread out his field. cant be just tuk tuking all day

Back