Australia reach Stumps on Day 3 at 7/0, a lead of 134 in the 3rd Test vs Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Got to look after the senior players - Iftikhar Ahmed offering his lap for Azhar Ali to sit on during a drinks break <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvAUS?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PAKvAUS</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/eJBncfAnWL">pic.twitter.com/eJBncfAnWL</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1506556023192051724?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thank god steve smith cant catch or we would have been 1-0 down in series and also in trouble in this game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Got to look after the senior players - Iftikhar Ahmed offering his lap for Azhar Ali to sit on during a drinks break <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PAKvAUS?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PAKvAUS</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://t.co/eJBncfAnWL">pic.twitter.com/eJBncfAnWL</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@SajSadiqCricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/SajSadiqCricket/status/1506556023192051724?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not sure who is senior here :ifti

I cannot understand why Azhar Ali has slowed down.... pitch will only get more difficult it seems and if we want a good lead we're gonna have to step on it a bit.

glad babars playing some shots, back to back 4s off cummins

I cannot understand why Azhar Ali has slowed down.... pitch will only get more difficult it seems and if we want a good lead we're gonna have to step on it a bit.

Hes playing for his 100 not the teams needs, nothing new here.

I hope Babar scores another ton. He needs to improve his centuries per innings ratio in tests

Cummins cleverly threw the ball in the air before it would have popped out of his hand. Smart fielding !

Aussies have an end to attack with fawad in now. still 177 behind and a long tail.

Nearing Pakistan tail,let us hope Hasan Ali does not get to bat before 10, he has no batting sense for Test Cricket.

This series is good practice for Australia for the rest of their subcontinent away tours. They'll take 0-0 and still lead the WTC points. It is up to Pakistan to get the win in this test.

Any sort of lead is worth its weight in gold. This pitch is becoming extremely difficult to bat on. I don't think Pakistan can afford to play at 2.3 rpo and expect to go past Australia's score. Need a couple of 50 off 75 balls innings.

Fawad looking awful at moment as he has all series.

People say Lyon has been equally poor as Pakistani spinners. But he has comfortably looked miles better than Sajid.
Sajid provides zero threat against right handers. His line is non threatening as he is too straight to them and there is no scare to the right handers outside edge. Really harmless.

Again Azhar played for himself - 7k runs and he’s out. Let’s hope he’s satisfied and gets lost now

People say Lyon has been equally poor as Pakistani spinners. But he has comfortably looked miles better than Sajid.
Sajid provides zero threat against right handers. His line is non threatening as he is too straight to them and there is no scare to the right handers outside edge. Really harmless.

He has been better. But the pitch has just started to become dangerous. No way are Pakistan matching austrailia's score. This also means Sajid will be successful in 2nd innings.

we need a good solid last session and lose no wickets but also up the scoring rate.

One more session on a pitch that you can still score some runs. If we don't score close to hundred in this last session then there's a mountain to climb tomorrow.

The match is getting interesting now that Azhar has been dismissed. Aussies looking more dangerous. As usual a lot will depend on Babar and Rizwan.

Shafiq was very slow as well. Strike rate of 35. It's good to be solid but I think the better batting conditions were when he and Azhar were together. Both played very slowly though, with Azhar slowing down even more just when Babar was looking fluent.

A number of deliveries starting to keep low. I would not be suprised to see a result on this wicket. Australia in the driving seat if this continues with runs on the board.

Shafiq was very slow as well. Strike rate of 35. It's good to be solid but I think the better batting conditions were when he and Azhar were together. Both played very slowly though, with Azhar slowing down even more just when Babar was looking fluent.

Good point. I can cut Abdullah some slack as it is early in his career and he’s an opener. He needs to up it over his career and display the ability to pivot according to the situation.

On that note, Azhar Ali has had 12 years and every innings it doesn’t matter about the match situation. Same old block block block. All everyone sees is the scorecard and say oh he wasn’t that bad.

Azhar is just another in a line of neo-Pakistani scorecard players.They could care less about anything else

Run rate 2.1 is the new 3.3 in Pakistan

Our run rate has also been massively affected like our economy as a nation

I was saying this the other day, we’re so content with batting at 2 rpo that it ends up being detrimental to our chances of pushing for a win.

Shafique I can give long rope but don’t think Azhar is capable of playing faster as he doesn’t have the shots and is happy securing his spot while toddling along.

His impactless 50’s aren’t fooling anybody.

Any sort of lead is worth its weight in gold. This pitch is becoming extremely difficult to bat on. I don't think Pakistan can afford to play at 2.3 rpo and expect to go past Australia's score. Need a couple of 50 off 75 balls innings.

Dont think pitch is extremely difficult yet. Just that the new ball has done a bit in last 15 overs or so

With 30 plus overs left in the day. Pakistan need to target 100 runs today. See how many wkts dow they r at close and then try to Clear the lead in 1st session tmrw. I highly doubt they can bat through to a position where they take a 100 or so lead. That will take to long and pakistan doesnt have the line up for that. Best for this match would be pakistan Clear of the lead with a good rr by first session tmrw and then tey to knock of aus cheaply

They need to tick the scoreboard more now and knock as much of the deficit off as possible tonight. This partnership has scored 23 runs in 10.2 overs. Need to pick it up.

Azam only batter in top 5 capable of scoring at 50+ sr - that’s damning.

There is only one way to get result out of this test match. Pakistan should bat deep and lead by >200. Then try to all out Aussies on day 5.

Pakistan's mindset from the start of this series has been safety first from the pitches prepared, field settings and batting tempo.

Seems we're happy with 0-0 draw.

Fawad tailender Alam will be out soon hopefully.

What is with abuse at Fawad every post, this tail ender has saved Pakistans blushes many times against ordinary and excellent attacks. He has been one of Pakistans top batsman in past two years. He is getting into rhythm this series as he got knocked off early last match and did not get to bat in first. He does not play any other form of international cricket. So cut him some slack and anyhow abusing players is not decent.

What is with abuse at Fawad every post, this tail ender has saved Pakistans blushes many times against ordinary and excellent attacks. He has been one of Pakistans top batsman in past two years. He is getting into rhythm this series as he got knocked off early last match and did not get to bat in first. He does not play any other form of international cricket. So cut him some slack and anyhow abusing players is not decent.
LOL against which team he scored runs? He only scores when there is no pressure or his place is in danger just like his predecessor Asad awful shafique

It's the same mindset that kept him out of the team during his peak years. He has performed in foreign conditions continuously but still gets hate. Yet he never complained. Shows true character.

LOL against which team he scored runs? He only scores when there is no pressure or his place is in danger just like his predecessor Asad awful shafique

He scored against New Zealnd in New Zealand and against SA at home. Btw do opposiion let you score soft runs when your place is in jeopardy?

The one format Babar plays with the correct intensity is Test cricket

Good to see a strike rate 50+ batsman in Pakistan

340 at the end of day's play is the best we can hope for.

More likely it will be 310 I think.

Unfortunately I only see an Australian win here or a draw, unless Australia dramatically collapses in their 2nd innings.

This feel good approach by Pakistan has been awful. The pitch is not doing much, they should take the attack to the bowlers.

It's the same mindset that kept him out of the team during his peak years. He has performed in foreign conditions continuously but still gets hate. Yet he never complained. Shows true character.

I remember Babar was getting a lot of hate too against SA series when he came back after injury, some experts were declaring him tail ender against spin just because he was rusty due to lack of game.

Last edited by a moderator:

your cricketing knowledge is weak. Fawad is best pakistani batsman scored runs in touch condition in newzealand and southafrica. Stop abusing players.

Pakistan's mindset from the start of this series has been safety first from the pitches prepared, field settings and batting tempo.

Seems we're happy with 0-0 draw.

Seems sad but true mindset. scared of losing this test way they are playing.

Azam only batter in top 5 capable of scoring at 50+ sr - that’s damning.

I remember Ian Chappell on commentary once many years ago saying that the mark of a very good/great batsman (apart from average) is that he scores at a s/r of 50-60 in a test match.

YK for example would always score around that strike rate after getting in. Babar too despite a shaky start to his test career strikes at above 50.

Our other current batsmen mostly don't, aside from Rizwan. Our past Pakistani greats all struck above 50 in tests.

we might just bout get 300. Batting to slow here.

Yeah wouldn't be surprised if thats what we end up with in the end. Run rate threatened to breach 2.5 during Babar's first 40 deliveries or so but it has again dropped below 2.4.
Normally I don't whine about slow run rates but considering the context and putting everything in perspective, I think run rate really could be the difference between a drawn series and a hard-fought win late on day 5.

your cricketing knowledge is weak. Fawad is best pakistani batsman scored runs in touch condition in newzealand and southafrica. Stop abusing players.
LOL when did that happen?? He failed against England and he failed against new zealand he only scored against New Zealand when he knew he was gonna be dropped from the side just like Asad awful shafique.

He is just putting too much pressure on babar 13 off 53 balls that's just horrendous.Put him out of his misery.

For reference to my previous post, Brian Lara scored at 60.51 over his career. Inzi at about 54. YK and Moyo at 52. Saeed Anwar at 55. Steven Smith at 54. Warner at around 70. Joe root at 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back