Australia v India | 10th ODI | CB Series | Sydney | 24/2/2008

wanted_desi

Tape Ball Star
Runs
If India win today, Lanka will be out!
Sehwag might come back in expense of best allrounder right now Parveen Kumar :))

Today: Sunny. High 77F. W winds shifting to SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Clear to partly cloudy. Low 62F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.

Australia : RT Ponting, AC Gilchrist, NW Bracken, SR Clark, MJ Clarke, BJ Haddin, ML Hayden, GB Hogg, JR Hopes, MEK Hussey, MG Johnson, B Lee, A Symonds

India : MS Dhoni, G Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, KD Karthik, P Kumar, MM Patel, IK Pathan, Piyush Chawla, SK Raina, V Sehwag, I Sharma, RG Sharma, S Sreesanth, SR Tendulkar, MK Tiwary, RV Uthappa, Yuvraj Singh

Aus won the toss and will bat first. Johnson rested and Lee is back
Sehwag and Sreesanth back for India

Gilli with 2 fours off Sreesanth
and gets out ct behind next ball. inside edge and very good catch by Dhoni
Aus 21-1 after 2.3

Hayden with a four at long off and then pulls next ball for a six off Sharma
Aus 35-1 after 3.2

cricinfo

3.2 I Sharma to Hayden, SIX, short ball on middle and off, moving away, Hayden simply shoulders the ball all the way over midwicket, and that's rocketed flat

"Meanwhile", notes Nagraj, "one of the journos in the pressbox quips at Yuvi's misfield 'his pockets are too full of money that he can't dive'."

damn it, i wanted to go to this match badly. it wasnt sold out a few days ago but we couldnt get 8 seats in a row!

anyways, australia off to a flyer. anyways, australia are off to a flyer, we need punter back in form for pak series.

Now Ponting getting stuck into Ishant - does this mean he's figured him out? shucks

a chakkka by Ponting off Pathan
Aus 77-1 after 8.1 overs

Last edited:
Ch 9 commentators making something of Dhoni's gloves - the webbing is allegedly illegal and he used the webbing to catch Gilchrist. Hmmm.....

Cue Indian silence...

Deafening silence from the Indian crew......

Just wait for a decision to go against India though :)

This is an aspect of the Indian team's makeup that I really like. In these games where the slow bowlers are WAY more effective, he has several compotent part time spin bowlers to turn to.

Random Aussie said:

Ponting scores another run :26:

Random Aussie said:

Very predictable, eh. They're almost as bad as Magpie supporters! :p

Punter said:
And another which takes him to 91 :p

Australia 3/208 after 34.5 overs

Hope our batsmen come good too. Pithc looks quite good for batting. Hmm.. Now OzGod will be well and truly in the lead in the fantasy tourney.

First 4 from Symonds

Sreesanth has been hit for 9 four's in this match

Australia 3/221 after 37.2 overs

Indiafan said:
Hope our batsmen come good too. Pithc looks quite good for batting. Hmm.. Now OzGod will be well and truly in the lead in the fantasy tourney.
IndiaFan, today is pressure chasing. I predict Sachin will fail. throw it on my face if he scores a 50 today or else face this.

Last edited:
And Ponting makes his 100 !

3/246 after 42 overs

Ponting 100*
Symonds 33*

Sharma gets Symonds and gives him a big send off

Umpires getting involved - just let it go fellas

good death bowling from sharma ..

but the damage has already been done.

Random Aussie said:
Sharma gets Symonds and gives him a big send off

Umpires getting involved - just let it go fellas

Sharma's getting a big head already eh?

Come on Hopeless, lash a few mate.

OZGOD said:
Sharma's getting a big head already eh?

Don't think there was much in it - he'll probably get fined but has been hit out the park all day today and probably was a bit frustrated.

bones20 said:
IndiaFan, today is pressure chasing. I predict Sachin will fail. throw it on my face if he scores a 50 today or else face this.

Ok

Random Aussie said:
Don't think there was much in it - he'll probably get fined but has been hit out the park all day today and probably was a bit frustrated.

In his first 5 overs, he gave away 37 runs. In his next 5, he gave away 28.

Interesting term "hit out of park all day". I am enjoying the Aussie insecurity manifesting in this kind of posts :).

So Ponting gets back in form just in time for the PAK series :13: . After being in the news for the last few days it was good to see Symo and Ponting share a good partnership and have a bit fun in the middle. Now its over to gambhir and Sharma to produce a similar sort of partnership and lead IND to a win.

PlanetPakistan said:
So Ponting gets back in form just in time for the PAK series :13: . After being in the news for the last few days it was good to see Symo and Ponting share a good partnership and have a bit fun in the middle. Now its over to gambhir and Sharma to produce a similar sort of partnership and lead IND to a win.

The recent increase in their bank accounts seems to have something to do with it ..

I really think that Ponting and co. had their minds on all that IPL loot and it was really distracting them.

Now that it's done and dusted with they will get focused on cricket again.

kashif77 said:
The recent increase in their bank accounts seems to have something to do with it ..

I really think that Ponting and co. had their minds on all that IPL loot and it was really distracting them.

Now that it's done and dusted with they will get focused on cricket again.
They were still winning games and that too with bonus points.

bones20 said:

:(

bones20 said:

Indiafan said:
As promised, my friend sachin out on 2 on a beauty of a pitch chasing under pressure. call it his destiny or bad luck, he is the biggest choker there is. now i will next predict for you when he will perform. that will be when its bright sunshine since he is a good weather batsman.

Last edited:
lee bowling too much short stuff and getting punished by sehwag..

cricinfo at its usual best....

Lee to Gambhir, 2 runs, majestic pull from Gambhir, he's pulled that out of nowhere, short and speedy ball from Lee and that's been crunched with immense power in front of square for a four, what a cracker!

hmmmm, so which was it?

Sahastra said:
In his first 5 overs, he gave away 37 runs. In his next 5, he gave away 28.

Interesting term "hit out of park all day". I am enjoying the Aussie insecurity manifesting in this kind of posts :).

So he went for more than 6 an over. You know I was actually defending Sharma but since you want to play that game....

He clearly swore at the Australian batsman at least twice (visible on TV and not in Hindu like Harby :)) ) and pointed to the dressing room while abusing a batsman he just got out.

Should be banned for the rest of the series for that bullying behaviour, what happened to the "spirit of the game"?

Since McGrath has been declared uncouth and a bully for abusing the batsman I declare Sharma uncouth as well :9:

Random Aussie said:
Yes think he used it a little while walking from the pitch :D

yeah saw that. He handed it right back to Sharma.

Sharma is a promising bowler but he needs to learn that when you have been clobbered for more than 6 an over and the other team has scored 300+, it's not really the time or place to give send offs!

bones20 said:
As promised, my friend sachin out on 2 on a beauty of a pitch chasing under pressure. call it his destiny or bad luck, he is the biggest choker there is. now i will next predict for you when he will perform. that will be when its bright sunshine since he is a good weather batsman.

ok, I concede because you said it first, though I still see no evidence to support your point. He has been failing throughout the series and juust continued the trend. He did not show any signs of pressure, did not waft outside his stumps or anything unusual. He missed a straight ball and this is the third time this series he has done that. Nothing unusual, just out of form needing that one innings like Ponting.

The problem with preconcieved notions are that you bend the fact to fit the theory than the other way around. Anyway looks like you enjoy being proved right than an indian victory so enjoy.

Yuvraj gone now

51 for 4

humiliating defeat for India

Indiafan said:
ok, I concede because you said it first, though I still see no evidence to support your point. He has been failing throughout the series and juust continued the trend. He did not show any signs of pressure, did not waft outside his stumps or anything unusual. He missed a straight ball and this is the third time this series he has done that. Nothing unusual, just out of form needing that one innings like Ponting.

The problem with preconcieved notions are that you bend the fact to fit the theory than the other way around. Anyway looks like you enjoy being proved right than an indian victory so enjoy.

Dont digress from the argument

No comments. Wait for my next prediction. I dont care about his form.

bones20 said:
No comments. Wait for my next prediction. I dont care about his form.

Of course you dont because it allows you to twist things to your agenda. Sanga and Jaya didnt choke when the team needed them but Sachin did in a menaingless match. i see where you are coming from

Indiafan said:
Of course you dont because it allows you to twist things to your agenda. Sanga and Jaya didnt choke when the team needed them but Sachin did in a menaingless match. i see where you are coming from

is this a meaningless match? I thought if IND win they qualify for thr final

Indiafan said:

digressing, trying to argue by comparing
I hope you appreciate my courage in betting against the best batsman in the world on best of pitches. A real good batsman cant be predictable.

Now, I will do that again in this series and you will see. the prediction will be done before he steps on to bat!

Last edited:
dirk diggler said:
is this a meaningless match? I thought if IND win they qualify for thr final

they are most likely to anyway unless Sri-Lanka can defeat both Australia and India

bones20 said:
*digressing, trying to argue by comparing

Exposes the said posters double standards considering one player and one player only. Showing a hidden agenda, maybe regionalism?

Indiafan said:
Exposes the said posters double standards considering one player and one player only. Showing a hidden agenda, maybe reginalism?

Again digressing by going personal

sunny g sounds like he's about to cry.

this guy shouldn't be commentating.

bones20 said:
*Again digressing by going personal
Or jumping to conclusions like the said poster. Also exposing his double standards when the same set of guidelines cant apply to other players because they are of a different country and hence untouchvble

Indiafan said:
Or jumping to conclusions like the said poster. Also exposing his double standards when the same set of guidelines cant apply to other players because they are of a different country and hence untouchvble
relax. just a game!

bones20 said:
relax. just a game!

Ok. Bit frustruated with India's poor show i guess and took it out on you. My apologies :|

Back