Australia v New Zealand, 2nd Test Adelaide Day 1 28.11.08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Aussie

Senior Test Player
Runs
Peter Fulton comes in for Elliot for NZ

Hauritz comes in for Watson. Selection lottery being run in Australia these days.

NZ win toss and will bat, no surprise.

Hayden's 100th Test - congrats

Lee first ball down legside. Usual service resumes.

Looks like Lee is losing his pace. Could the Australian bowling even be getting worse ? Hard to imagine.

saffer said:
Looks like Lee is losing his pace. Could the Australian bowling even be getting worse ? Hard to imagine.

Well Lee is getting worse but MJ is getting better.

Not exactly the best attack we have fielded though.

A flurry of boundaries sees the Kiwis move to 0/26 off 9 overs.

Johnson has the habit of getting wickets off bad balls....How disappointing

itduzz said:
Johnson has the habit of getting wickets off bad balls....How disappointing

Wickets is wickets.

Ian Botham had a knack of getting people out with pretty ordinary deliveries too.

MJ is the only bowler we have currently who is able to consistently take wickets.

Horrorwitz bowling now. And to the fence he goes! 44444444

And then over the fence he goes! 666666666666

And over the fence again he goes! 66666666666

Good first over there.

Last edited:
Australia behind on the over rate yet again.

Only 8 off Horrorwitz second over.

I am here by myself it seems :(

Yay Horroritz 3 overs for 29! This bloke should retire from Test cricket after this innings.

OZGOD said:
Yay Horroritz 3 overs for 29! This bloke should retire from Test cricket after this innings.

Hauritz will break Kreja record of 12 debut wickets....

itduzz said:
Hauritz will break Kreja record of 12 debut wickets....

I doubt Horrowitz has taken 12 wickets in a season.

NZ 1/101 at lunch, Aus 3 overs behind the over rate. Third world Adelaide :po:

How many times did Dubya stop his bowler from bowling to have a conference?

y doont match referees ban ponting for slow overrate....few days ago there was a report that Ponting has been slow in every match he captained....isnt there a law for a ban on 2nd consecutive slow rates ??? :inzi

itduzz said:
y doont match referees ban ponting for slow overrate....few days ago there was a report that Ponting has been slow in every match he captained....isnt there a law for a ban on 2nd consecutive slow rates ??? :inzi

Well he has been fined the last 2 Tests so I guess not.

Deserves a suspension now, after all the talk we still can't bowl the required minimum.

If Ponting can't get the team to follow the rules maybe he better let someone else captain.

nobody now bowls 15 overs in 1 hr except SL I guess..ICC shud change the minimum to 13 overs per hr... :rao

Horroritz strikes! Ryder smashes it to Pup who takes a great diving catch.

NZ 2/102, Ryder gone for 13, he would be dissapointed with that, looks to be a excellent prospect.

Ryder didnt finished his goat for lunch..he was desperate to go back to finish it... :)))

Taylor caught off a no ball....Lee getting reverse swing but doesnt matter if u keep bowling no balls

Good innings from Redmond comes to an end at the hands of Horroritz. 83 runs.

Shades of Krejza here he has 2 wickets and has cost lots of runs.

Lee's last over went for 16 runs. Has bowled 6 no balls, going for more than four an over and no wickets. Almost time to send this horse to the paddock.

Cricindia says NZ have gifted all 3 wickets.

3/130

Last edited:
I told ya...Hauritz well on course to break Kreja record...where the hell Aus find these devastating spinners... :))

I guess it would be fair to give Lee time off. I dont think he is focusing properly on the job with his personal life in turmoil.

NZ 4/196 at tea. We have caught up on the over rate by bowling Horroritz for 15 consecutive overs.

Taylor gone, huge wicket. I reckon we can keep them below 300 maybe. What happened to "I Am NZ Cricket"?

OZGOD said:
Taylor gone, huge wicket. I reckon we can keep them below 300 maybe. What happened to "I Am NZ Cricket"?

"I am NZ cricket" was still hungry so played a stupid shot after lunch to get caught. I think he is a seriously talented player though.

NZ have done well to get 200 at a good pace but have thrown too many wickets away.

Random Aussie said:
"I am NZ cricket" was still hungry so played a stupid shot after lunch to get caught. I think he is a seriously talented player though.

NZ have done well to get 200 at a good pace but have thrown too many wickets away.

perhaps he doesn't like the sound of "I am NZ cricket" so he's going to change it to " It's all white here" :)))

kingusama92 said:
perhaps he doesn't like the sound of "I am NZ cricket" so he's going to change it to " It's all pies here" :)))

Fixed. :D

New Zealand finish the day at 6/262.

All the batsmen got a start and in true NZ fashion gave away their wickets. By NZ standards this was a pretty good day for them but they have not made enough runs for their 6 wickets on this pitch.

Advantage Australia

Woeful stuff from the OZ. We could've been looking at a 450+ score here but Horroritz and Clark saved us from further humiliation. If we can roll them for 300 we're in with a great chance of maybe only batting once.

I don't see much (bowling wise that is) that is going to send shivers down the spines of any country touring down under. This NZ side is 1 of the poorest in world cricket, certainly in the bottom 2, by a long way. I have not watched any of the match but going by what has been posted it appears as though the aussies were gifted a few "wickets".

The aussies should be using these guys as cannon fodder.

Keith said:
I don't see much (bowling wise that is) that is going to send shivers down the spines of any country touring down under. This NZ side is 1 of the poorest in world cricket, certainly in the bottom 2, by a long way. I have not watched any of the match but going by what has been posted it appears as though the aussies were gifted a few "wickets".

The aussies should be using these guys as cannon fodder.

Our bowling is complete rubbish at the moment, MJ aside. Needs fixing stat.

A decent start to match by New zealand with there best Two batsmen in middle not out at moment. They should be aiming for 350 here atleast and i recon Vettori may cause alot of problems on this wicket.

Australias attack seems to have no leader at moment and no single bowler seems to be firing on all cylinders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back