Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeed-sohail

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Aus lead by 307 with 7 wickets remaining. How many more do they need? I am sure ponting being a sporting captain will declare sooner knowing our fantastic batting he will give his bowlers plenty of time. Salman butt will score a hunderd here.

saeed-sohail said:
Aus lead by 307 with 7 wickets remaining. How many more do they need? I am sure ponting being a sporting captain will declare sooner knowing our fantastic batting he will give his bowlers plenty of time. Salman butt will score a hunderd here.
307? I want to crawl in a hole and die :( :(
Inshallah Aamer will rip them apart with his bowling :D Not with his kisses :p
:aamir

Misbah and rest of Pakistan team are now waiting for the declaration - to me that is like a prisoner on death row. Really sad.

We are going to win this mark my words. I am planning to watch from lunch onwards and see farhat and butt decimate aus pace attack and that attacking player Faisal zardari bhutto will finish the job off.

Aus will get 100 runs more and declare. The pitch is still good to bat ...so I'd think five sessions is what they will need to be on the safe side and to get the job done.

Bowling is not going to matter now regardless how many wickets are taken. All the best for Pak team for batting...they are really going to need it.

saeed-sohail said:
We are going to win this mark my words. I am planning to watch from lunch onwards and see farhat and butt decimate aus pace attack and that attacking player Faisal zardari bhutto will finish the job off.
you must be josking. Right?:)

tdigi said:
Aus will get 100 runs more and declare. The pitch is still good to bat ...so I'd think five sessions is what they will need to be on the safe side and to get the job done.

Bowling is not going to matter now regardless how many wickets are taken. All the best for Pak team for batting...they are really going to need it.
they sure do need all the best:)

Hope Ponting makes another sporting declaration.

Ideally slog for the first 45 minutes and then declare before lunch with a lead of around 400.

Australia, the position that they're in will most probably look to get another 150-200 to set Pakistan a target of around 450-500 and declare. Pakistan might have to bat 4 sessions out as Aussies will look to perhaps declare at tea with Pakistan having to come out for the last session! I hope our bowlers can really up their performances and get the last 7 Aus wickets ASAP without giving away too much perhaps even 100 would'nt be that bad but knowing how our batters are even a 400 target will look huge to them to chase in 4 sessions!

No Ponting will not make a sporting declaration. His declaration will be centered around the time his bowlers need to decimate Pakistan.

For Pakistan - it is necessary to take the game into day 5 - its a must.

They should use delaying techniques - whatever it takes.

kashif77 said:
Hope Ponting makes another sporting declaration.

Ideally slog for the first 45 minutes and then declare before lunch with a lead of around 400.

That would be quite a declaration too if it actually does happen!

If Australia give us target of 450 runs (which i think they will do ) then it means there will be atleast 5 sessions which is very difficult to save the match and play for draw we will have enough time , there is no point going for draw I think we should go for target scoring 3 runs per over is not that difficult .Play attacking cricket you never know .

MIG said:
No Ponting will not make a sporting declaration. His declaration will be centered around the time his bowlers need to decimate Pakistan.

For Pakistan - it is necessary to take the game into day 5 - its a must.

They should use delaying techniques - whatever it takes.

More like Jonathan Trott eh?! :p

Omar Malik said:
[/b]

More like Jonathan Trott eh?! :p

Why not? Why should we care what the Aussies think or not. As long as we dont violate the laws of cricket ( the spirit of the game is debateable as is )

[QUOTE =MIG]For Pakistan - it is necessary to take the game into day 5 - its a must.

They should use delaying techniques - whatever it takes.[/QUOTE]
Where is Moin khan when you need him?

saeed-sohail said:
Aus lead by 307 with 7 wickets remaining. How many more do they need?

I think 255 would have been more than enough.

Omar Malik said:
That would be quite a declaration too if it actually does happen!

Well he declared with a first innings lead of 450 before proceeding to bowl us out for 250.

Batting will be tougher in the fourth innings so logically 400 should be very safe.

tdigi said:

I dont think ponting rates this pak team. I will not be suprise if he declares over night and get the job done today.

Where is Moin khan when you need him?

Of course, there are ways of doing this without making total fools of oneself!

in reality, we should play good positive cricket tomorrow.

TAKE THE GAME INTO THE 5th DAY - PLEASE !

If we can take the game into the 5th day that'll be some acheivement in its own! But as some have said playing positive cricket is the main thing for Pakistan.

pak4life said:
I dont think ponting rates this pak team. I will not be suprise if he declares over night and get the job done today.
I disagree. Pak team if they apply themselves well are capable of chasing a sub-par total on this pitch. Ponting will know this at the back of his mind. He also knows that he cannot expect quick wickets from his bowlers, so sufficient time will be needed to help them deliver the goods. Mind you that Pak team is no worse than WI but in fact can show more sparks of brilliance.

Captains don't go by how the opposition team has fared in the 1st innings, especially when Pak has this unpredictable quality. Although Ponting has a progressive cricketing brain, I would not expect him to declare anything under 400 and I don't think Ponting is arrogant to disqualify Pak as a minnow team.

Having said this, I might still be wrong. So let's see....

Oxy said:
I think 255 would have been more than enough.

lol Oxy. We consistently score less than 250 in the first innings of late (and that only cos of 3 players).

Ponting is very sporting if he finishes the match with less than 10 wickets down for his side and a total of 700.

We will finish with 500-20.

Going by the surprise declaration in the first inns, and Pakistan's go slow, Ponting would be justified to declare at lunch which will leave Australia with a lead of around 400. In reality though he is more likely to declare with another 50 runs on the board, midway through the afternoon session.

Interesting to see when Pointing declares; probably has enough runs already..

:aamir has to bowl the spell of his young career..dismissing aussies for around 180....
Hell yeah........... :aamir
But all is not done yet..

Last edited:
Only one word comes into mind if we are to draw this match ......... PATIENCE.

I'm still confident that our boys can turn the table on the Ozzies, but if the situation demands a draw then our batsmen need to play with patience. Looking at the Pak side theres not many who can do that. A few names come into mind: Misbah, Butt, Faisal and possibly Yousuf. Other than that the rest are more likely to play rash shots.

Its just sad to say but I guess patience is just not a Pakistani trait, I believe it applies more to our neighbours to the East. That said, I got my popcorn and drinks ready and its ............ GAME ONNNNN!!!!

Delivery to Mark Waugh in that spell is awesome, never seen that video before, unplayable ball

When was the last time Pakistan batted something like 120+overs to save a test match in the 4th inns???

I think it was in Colombo 06'when our own :malik( :p ) played his best test inns...!!

Another 100 or so from the Aussies and Ponting will declare.

I just hope Pakistan don't play for the declaration. Pakistan should look to bowl tight lines and look for wickets.

Lethal said:
Another 100 or so from the Aussies and Ponting will declare.

I just hope Pakistan don't play for the declaration. Pakistan should look to bowl tight lines and look for wickets.
in my opinion,:ajmal should tighten things from one end and fast bowlers should attack from the other end :aamir :asif to make things difficult for the Aussies...

Watson has surely announced his attentions in the 1st over of the day

He's looking for as many runs and as quick as he can!

Bad fielding by Rauf in the very 1st over of Day 4

This is just showing how much runs we want to leak out :p

Aamer is sometimes guilty of bowling too short.

6 off the over already.

Where have all the PPers disappeared!!I mean common guys,its not that bad a situation for us...!!:)

What rubbish bowling from Ajmal!!:pissed:..He has really disappointed me in this Test......

What crap bowling by Ajmal...people here thought he was the best spinner in the world...

So 13 runs off the first 2 overs of the day - Australia surely stamping their authority on things and making sure they get it quick!

Bana lo Australia waalo. Likin jeeto gaye tu hamin he out ker key na :D

we are officially done..idone just stated the title of this match; Wedone...

Cheguvera said:
What crap bowling by Ajmal...people here thought he was the best spinner in the world...

Too negative brother.

Ajmal is a fine ODI bowler. Test match is altogether another thing. If Kaneria was fit, then Kaneria would have played.

Ajmal is good but seems to bowl too flat. No variety apart from his doosra.

Aussies in a hurry here...trying to put quick runs on board and putting Pakistan in either at lunch or shortly after...

Seen Sheen said:
When was the last time Pakistan batted something like 120+overs to save a test match in the 4th inns???

I think it was in Colombo 06'when our own :malik( :p ) played his best test inns...!!

Get him on the team

*pronto*

What a terrible throw from Rauf...I still dont know what he is doing in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back