Australia v Pakistan | 1st Test - Day 4 | MCG | 29/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
iafzal said:
The attitude in Pakistan batting is day and night when comparing the 2nd innings to 1st innings.

It is refreshing to see this, it will be interesting to find out what happened in last couple of days to change it or who was behind it? Could it be Waqar?

Oh give me a break with Waqar this and Waqar that. Was it Waqar who was handing out phainty to Hauritz and Katich when most players would be happy to block and survive the day?

ShehryarK said:
Erm..Kaneria!?!!
Just to let you know, you comments are always good to read. They are precise, accurate and fun to read:) Hope to pull it off tomorrow Insha-Alla. Want these two stay way after lunch:)

Last edited:
Big Mac said:
Oh give me a break with Waqar this and Waqar that. Was it Waqar who was handing out phainty to Hauritz and Katich when most players would be happy to block and survive the day?
Afzal will never give credit to Moyo, you are wsting your time:D

Big Mac said:
LOL! :))

Waqar becharay kai farishtoun ko bhi khabar nahi ho gi keh he's now officially the Source of All That's Good About Pakistan Cricket (TM)

ShehryarK said:
LOL! :))

Waqar becharay kai farishtoun ko bhi khabar nahi ho gi keh he's now officially the Source of All That's Good About Pakistan Cricket (TM)
There are few post here, they never want to give credit to Moyo:)

ShehryarK said:
Fair enough, all good points - just for argument's sake though, had we caught all those chances, Punter won't have declared in the two innings, would he?

Instead of 454/5d, it might have been 400 all out in the 1st, and instead of 225/8d in the 2nd, it might have been 275/10 in the 2nd...ie our target now would be the same.

The point is, we just don't know either way :) So let's make the most of where we are now, Day 1 is history :)
What about Watson's catch on 99,had we got him out there,Aussies would've folded for not more than 210 ..(BUT A.Rauf..:pissed: )..:13:..and going by your scenarios,we would have been chasing something around 352..

Seen Sheen said:
What about Watson's catch on 99,had we got him out there,Aussies would've folded for not more than 210 ..(BUT A.Rauf..:pissed: )..:13:..and going by your scenarios,we would have been chasing something around 352..
why do you keep us reming about that catch?:) It hurts. I wanted him out on 99

Seen Sheen said:

It's all a genius plan to make Australia's humiliation and Pakistan's moment of glory all the more spectacular

insaaniyat said:
Just to let you know, you comments are always good to read. They are precise, accurate and fun to read:)
Why, thank you! :)

You're too kind, and whilst I am not starting a "Mutual Appreciation Society", the commendation definitely has to be mutual here if one's being fair, your posts are great too - I just wish we had more posters like you and some others, i.e. who weren't sooo new to Test cricket and weren't brought up on a calorie-free diet of the pyjama stuff!
insaaniyat said:
Hope to pull it off tomorrow Insha-Alla. Want these two stay way after lunch:)
Insha Allah, hope we do...! As someone else rightly said, a win tomorrow would be as big as the biggest moment in the history of cricket..and that too happened at this very ground!

Maybe we need to make this our home away from home :13:

If Pakistan manages to pull this off - Ponting better not face media for sometime, due to his safety. Remember Bush joota scene....

Seen Sheen said:
Not necessarily. If we had caught Watson at 99 (and I loathe his smug persona as much as the next red-blooded Pakistani), he won't have been playing the next over, he won't have hit the ball to Asif, he won't have called Mitchell Johnson for 2 there, and Mitchell Johnson would not have been run-out! :) Who knows, MJ and Hauritz might have put on a 100 run p/ship after Watson got out at 99.. MJ has done it before, y'know :)

The point is - we just don't know what would have happened! Ifs and buts are irrelevant now... let's hope for something truly special tomorrow :)

And the one good thing about that dropped catch - A. Rauf will not be wearing our cap again, ever.

insaaniyat said:
why do you keep us reming about that catch?:) It hurts. I wanted him out on 99
insaaniyat bhai,mera dil abhe tak ro reha hai:(..!watson gone on 99..Wow,I wouldve loved that moment..but right now,I am looking forward to :moyo getting a Chanceless ton..

Big Mac said:
It's all a genius plan to make Australia's humiliation and Pakistan's moment of glory all the more spectacular
Yup,now I've realised how shrewd :moyo is..

ShehryarK said:
Not necessarily. If we had caught Watson at 99 (and I loathe his smug persona as much as the next red-blooded Pakistani), he won't have been playing the next over, he won't have hit the ball to Asif, he won't have called Mitchell Johnson for 2 there, and Mitchell Johnson would not have been run-out! :) Who knows, MJ and Hauritz might have put on a 100 run p/ship after Watson got out at 99.. MJ has done it before, y'know :)

The point is - we just don't know what would have happened! Ifs and buts are irrelevant now... let's hope for something truly special tomorrow :)

And the one good thing about that dropped catch - A. Rauf will not be wearing our cap again, ever.
But you used Ifs and Butts in your earlier post too..:)...But no worries:moyo and :umarakmal would make up for the dropped catches..:)

yaar they need to have a partnership of 200 runs (right now they have made 54, so we need at least 150 more from these two)

WithLoveFromCanada said:
yaar they need to have a partnership of 200 runs (right now they have made 54, so we need at least 150 more from these two)
We will have that partnership, Insha-Allah. Don't worry

Seen Sheen said:
But you used Ifs and Butts in your earlier post too..:)...But no worries:moyo and :umarakmal would make up for the dropped catches..:)
My apologies, guess I wasn't clear in the earlier post - too excited about the match situation! :)

My point in both those posts was that the dropped catches are irrelevant to where we are in the match today, only in the sense that we don't know if we would be better placed or worse placed had we held on to our chances, or had Australia not dropped Misbah in the first innings or Umar in the second - since we don't know that, why worry about it tonight - all that matters now is what happens tomorrow.

Of course, once this match is over...our management, if it has any sense, would give a right royal phaintee to all those who dropped these dollies...eg cancel the Star Plus and Star Movies from their hotel rooms, plus ground them for all the time they are in Sydney! :) etc etc etc

Both these batsmen will need to get big 100s if pakistan is to get close to this total of 420+.

What we need is a partnership from moyo and umar akmal, if this is possible then we have a great chance of achieving out of nothing a suprise victory..

much better from Aamer, I think it's best if he shows his class in aus or eng as their media are well known for hyping the young ones.

taqi said:
fight till the end and make punter's declaration a joke

Looking at the match situation now it was a pretty good declaration.

That is not going to stop people on here jumping up and down crying "disrespect! arrogant!" etc but if we had kept batting for another session on day 2 we would probably not have enough time to win the match. And as it stands Pakistan won't be blocking the whole day because there is a target they can achieve if good enough.

If Pakistan score the highest ever score to win a Test match, Ponting will not get roasted by the media, our bowlers will be publicly executed outside CA headquarters.

Random Aussie said:
Looking at the match situation now it was a pretty good declaration.

That is not going to stop people on here jumping up and down crying "disrespect! arrogant!" etc but if we had kept batting for another session on day 2 we would probably not have enough time to win the match. And as it stands Pakistan won't be blocking the whole day because there is a target they can achieve if good enough.

If Pakistan score the highest ever score to win a Test match, Ponting will not get roasted by the media, our bowlers will be publicly executed outside CA headquarters.
Which is good for Pakistan. They score least when they are 'saving' a match.

That said I agree that there was nothing wrong with Punter's declarations. In fact he deserves praise.

Pakistan will create history tomorrow and will be their 'Kolkatta 01' moment.

^ That would be something. Exciting day ahead for sure.

Momo said:
Which is good for Pakistan. They score least when they are 'saving' a match.

Only partially correct. The truth is that we score least whenever we are 'batting' in a match

RexRex said:
Pakistan will create history tomorrow and will be their 'Kolkatta 01' moment.

I agree if we do something special tommorrow then it will be that turning point and iconic moment that we will always look back on.

370/5 at tea and we should win inshallah.

Go for the win. We need 250 in 90 overs with 7 wickets.

If MOYO and Umar can stay till lunch add another 70-100 runs then we are looking at a possible win. Inshallah.

It will be historic.

luvthegame said:
Go for the win. We need 250 in 90 overs with 7 wickets.

If MOYO and Umar can stay till lunch add another 70-100 runs then we are looking at a possible win. Inshallah.

It will be historic.

Hate to not be optimistic, but Australia really have already done the damage for pakistan not to win with those three wickets.

Yes Umar akmal and yousuf are still in, but after that we've only got kamran akmal and misbah. Aamer I feel is unlikely to make anything over 20+ really.

We need another 252 runs. That is a lot of runs. On top of that yousuf has already nearly made a century. Let's say both umar akmal and yousuf make centuries. That would still mean we're 124 runs off our total. That is a lot of runs still for the rest of the pakistani batsmen (let's say umar and yousuf both get out after they make 100) to get. The odds would still be in australia's favour.

Both of the batsmen (yousuf and umar) getting hundreds is pretty unlikely.
But for us to win the test in reality we need both yousuf and umar to make centuries and misbah and akmal to make half centuries (or three batsmen making centruries). And even then we'd still have to rely on the tail to make the few remaining runs. The target is near impossible.

This is why batting will always fail us in tests. In order to achieve a good score, it is necessary for the openers (or at least one of them) to make a big score. In one day and 20 20 you can get away with this. The thing is that we always seem to loose our first three wickets so quickly, and then hope for umar or yousuf to come through for us. Though of course at this point it is very hard to make a good score even if both of these batsmen do well.

This is why if yousuf is unprepared to move to no.3, I really think umar akmal should move to that position. He is scoring good where he is, but a lot of the time it is in vain, and we are still loosing/drawing the test. Pakistan doesn't have the batting power hence should adapt. Guys like faisal and misbah will do better lower down the order and find it easier to make runs. Umar akmal i believe has the technique to do well at no.3 and will perform well at that position too. He has to deal with so much pressure to save his team in these recent tests, he actually might be under less pressure at no.3 knowing that if he gets out, there are still batsmen down the order that can make runs.

Younis at the moment isn't performing well and I'd play him lower down to try and recapture his form and move him up to no.3 when he recaptures it. At the moment I don't think he's ready for no.3.

Seen Sheen said:
Haddin is AN AUSTRALIAN.....I think you've forgotten something...

The commentators already saved his rear by saying, "Good thing he swung above the stumps otherwise he would have been in trouble"...

I believe these officials have access to commentary and I am very sure, the commentator's comments has an influence on the officials and vice versa.

Did I mention, this said commentator was an australian...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back