Australia vs India | 3rd Test | Perth |19/1/08 | Day 4 - India WIN

Clarke showcasing some of his talent out there.

Well the game has swung well and truly in our favor, but I wonder if Clarke is capable of getting another 179 with the tail. However, atleast now, I can breathe with relief.

Hi Peope-who-wanted-India-to_lose,

You’ve been with us all along in this test for the past 4 days, you must please stay to see how we savour the sweet taste of victory!

:))

Indiagem said:

You’ve been with us all along in this test for the past 4 days, you must please stay to see how we savour the sweet taste of victory!

:D BTW, its hard to believe till our guys actually win. they like to make it interesting.

OZGOD said:
Advanced congrats to the Indians btw - it was a pretty awesome Test match all told.

Dont give up just yet buddy. You still have Clarke out there..its gonna be a fight to the finish.

But yea, the overall test match has been amazing.

Last edited:
Indiagem said:

Congrats :19:

The question that bugged me throughout today.

Will we, won’t they? Somebody is going to make history today, batting into a 5th day, so who is it going to be?

But now it is 69.75% in India's favour

OZGOD said:
I'm going to have to go to bed soon otherwise I'll pass out at my desk - I can't see the OZ winning from this position. If Gilly was still in I'd stay up and watch it, but I think our last chance went when he went. 5 weeks of 3-4 hours sleep each night is taking its toll. :D

On me too :22: - Woke up today at 03:30 (CET) as well :) .

Clarke gets a four and a three, commendable stuff by him under such pressure. Australia need 170 to win, and we need to send Clarke back to the pavillion.

Columbian Pictures Presents....

“InVasion DownUnder”

Staring Virender Sehwag supporting Ishant sharma as Lanki lad, Mahendra Dhoni as sarpanch of PERTH…

Thats tea ladies and gents Aus still need 170 more runs to win with 3 wickets remaining.

Aus 243/7

Clarke 73 (121)
Johnson 1 (14)

Horses for courses guys. I would say Kumble should not let Johnson settle down against Sehwag and bring in RP, who is generally good against tailenders (sharp bouncer, decent yorker). Johnson seems to have a good stretch forward defence against the spinners.

But then Kumbs has doing pretty fine so far without advice from me, so I shall refrain :))

Aussie victory is impossible now, I can confidently say. Clarke can do as many heroics as he wants, the way Sehwag is bowling, matter of time before one of these batsmen succumbs.

interesting stats they were showing about WACA. Aus have lost 7 matches here -5 to WI and one each to Eng and NZ.

i still woudln't coutn Aussies out, not until the big fat lady sings and 10 sticks are down.

OZGOD said:
I will never ever whinge about umpiring or use it as an excuse for a loss. I expect my team to overcome challenges like these

OZGOD, if my team would have benefited in 9/10 matches due to bad umpiring, I really would have echoed your opinion as well!

If my team would have been consistently as good and competent as yours, I wouldn't have worried much about odd umpiring decisions...

So fans of these two teams are almost at extreme opposite end of spectrum! We consider defeating Ozzie in their land a BIG achievement, and seeing those dreams washed away due to bad umpiring hurts us big time.

Just a side note- Have you ever seen any side whining about umpiring when they play against Bangladesh? Either umpires are perfect in those series or perhaps teams are just so better that they easily make up for few bad decisions going against them...

hope you got my point!

i tell u that ''we ''' was a minority .Come on guys ,this is a pakistani forum and there are plenty of Paks who dn't prefer India.And i am sure there are plenty of indians like that .

so leave that.

tmac4real said:
i still woudln't coutn Aussies out, not until the big fat lady sings and 10 sticks are down.

Now onwards, this is match is like a race with only one horse!
We won't loose from here...

Is Clarke shielding aus tail and not exposing it?

BTW, what does actually ‘tail exposed’ means??

Maybe, Tail exposed means Ass open ! :))

Random Aussie said:
Hope you mean three good LBW shouts Dhoni - even the most optimistic Indian would not have expected those 3 to be given out.

No mention on Channel 9 of the noball anyway - even if he did overstep what's the point of going on about it? It's still out according to the scorebook.

The no-ball issue was finally shown on air and it was OK. Ishant's heel was behind the line, got dragged forward a bit after delivery but heel was still plonked on the line, so no question of noball. Dont know why there ws a controversy in the first place. :13:

Ponting was a goner on at least one lbw shout, even the comms said so.
So yes i did expect one of those 3 shouts to bear fruit.

Indiagem said:
Lol --the "we" would win chants were too much today...Maybe they are queing up near the Aus embassy :)))

But its also great to have some of our Pakistani friends supporting us here..to those who did, a BIG thanks from me (and other Indians) :19:

MarathaPride said:

But its also great to have some of our Pakistani friends supporting us here..to those who did, a BIG thanks from me (and other Indians) :19:

Sincere thanks from me too...Guys :19:

Dhonifan said:
So yes i did expect one of those 3 shouts to bear fruit.

I understand you point, but remember they were really marginal calls. 8/10 times you will see those decisions going in favor of batsman!

Someone rightly said somewhere that if LBW decisions are given based upon hawk-eye- most of the test matches would be over in mere 3.5 days....

OZGOD:

A special mention must be made of you for this test. almost all ur predictions right thru the test were true.

even when hussey and Ponting were batting, i was only reading u for retaining the confidence, that india is still not out of the test!

even now, with 3 wickets still to get, clarke still batting so well with a fluent 70 odd, i feel safe that u have just conceded that India would win.

otherwise the old adage of- it is not over, till the last (aussie) wicket falls- would continue to put me under more pressure.Thanks!
=================================

I think we have to wait till the new ball to get the remaining wickets.
Ravi shastri yesterday evening said- india would win , either side of tea!looks close.

siddharth said:
i tell u that ''we ''' was a minority .Come on guys ,this is a pakistani forum and there are plenty of Paks who dn't prefer India.And i am sure there are plenty of indians like that .

so leave that.

Agreed! :D

Some bookies gonna make money on this match and some will some get some major losses.

The loser bookies might take Tait with them in bunker to give some treatment to him for making up for the losses.

Ian Healy was asking Tony Greig if Michael Clarke can help Aussies to bat the two days and draw the match :)) :)) :))) . I think few Channel Nine commentators are mentally challenged :23: .

Clarkey gets another four..hmm..he's playing quite defiantly. We really should be wrapping this up.

Actually, not only is clarke shielding the tail, he is also scoring runs! That is the way to play. if only Ind also thought like this.

Indiagem said:
Is Clarke shielding aus tail and not exposing it?

BTW, what does actually ‘tail exposed’ means??

Maybe, Tail exposed means Ass open ! :))

;-) ;-)

On a different track.. potentially an even bigger upset brewing.. federer not looking too good against an unseeded guy

OZGOD said:
Everyone knows my philosophy - I will never use umpiring as an excuse for a loss as long as we are still in with a chance to win, however slim it is. :)

Why would you? Your team gets the least amount of bad umpiring decisions. :))

So far you've got only one bad decision of symonds (cant say I feel sorry for him). Rauf's lbws have been consistent for both sides.

Will be interesting to see if Symmonds is reported for dissent. Speed was so particular last time that Yuvi should not have been let off by Procter (and IMO Procter went the other extreme and banned Bhajji to please Speed, his master and fellow white)

Clarke gone, stumped. Amazing scene. Hardly feels like WACA with 2 spinners and Indian crowd screaming its head off.

Indiagem said:
Will be interesting to see if Symmonds is reported for dissent. Speed was so particular last time that Yuvi should not have been let off by Procter (and IMO Procter went the other extreme and banned Bhajji to please Speed, his master and fellow white)

Personally I feel no one should be reported for dissent unless its OTT. Symmonds' reaction was very muted, I din't even notice it until comms pointed it out

Commentator: All’s clear on the Western Australian front. You can watch now.

The hosts are dead, and just the last 2 nails to be driven in! :)))

Dhonifan said:
Personally I feel no one should be reported for dissent unless its OTT. Symmonds' reaction was very muted, I din't even notice it until comms pointed it out
I was just making a point comparing to our own prince from punjab --'kunwar yuvaraj'

I think we should consider the first test as the practice match that BCCI denied us, the second test as a draw, & this one as an Indian victory

damn billy never gives lbw. this is like watching grass grow. get it over guys, IS or RP bowl couple of yorkers and lets go to sleep

Anything is still possible, the Aussie tail is good and if these two get the runs required to 50 needed without losing a wicket, you never know.

Darn, 17 runs went off that Kumble over, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Rickz said:
Darn, 17 runs went off that Kumble over, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

He has been bowling unchanged too long. Has to let it go.

Apun ka dil thoda dhuk dhuk kar raha hai. Out karo bhai. Kaeko khaali pili tension?

Kumble is over-bowling himself. He should bring RP on

mitchell johnson now averages 77 in test ricket (with bat) haha

He's never gotten out ever yet I guess.

*** is going on? Johnson sure is making up for his mediocre bowling? Funny thing is I had a feeling Johnson would pose a problem.

Indiagem said:
On a different track.. potentially an even bigger upset brewing.. federer not looking too good against an unseeded guy
very close match going on here too...Federer is havign a tough time here

Come on, Anil. This has gone on long enough.

These two tailenders are playing like Symonds and Gilchrist!

Let’s get it done and over with…

is kumble going to stick with himself? Is he too proud to take himself out and wants revenge? He should be out, bring RP/Pathan in.

Back