Australia vs India | 3rd Test | Perth |19/1/08 | Day 4 - India WIN

UP

T20I Debutant
Joined
Sep 25, 2007
Runs
7,996
Well India are on a verge of making history today by winning this test however on the other hand mighty Aussies will not give up so easily and will be looking for their 17th consecutive win for a new world record !!!


India 330 & 294
Australia 212 & 65/2 (15.0 ov)
Target: 413

Ricky Ponting 24 (27)
Mike Hussey 5 (16)

Australia require another 348 runs with 8 wickets remaining.
 
still more than an hour to go! :)
 
Umair99 said:
Well India are on a verge of making history today by winning this test however on the other hand mighty Aussies will not give up so easily and will be looking for their 17th consecutive win for a new world record !!!


India 330 & 294
Australia 212 & 65/2 (15.0 ov)
Target: 413

Ricky Ponting 24 (27)
Mike Hussey 5 (16)

Australia require another 348 runs with 8 wickets remaining.


well done India and would be only themselves to blame if don't win from here
 
Smart money is backing India. Current betting odds are:
Australia 2.85
Draw 41.00
India 1.42

But then smart money is not always smart. Before the match began the odds for Australia were 1.40 and India was at 8.50.
 
lot of Aussie promo going on on Channel 9 right now. In middle they showed Pathan bowling someone out and Lawry going "What a Rippa"

Suddenly they have gone to a clip of Akram bowling Slater. I guess they they are on break and getting ready for next segment
 
Last edited:
Game is ending today.

Anyside to chase 413 is this side. Key will be Glichrist - Taylor
Key will be Kumble - Tony Greig
How nervous are batsman feeling? Clarke is the man - Slater
First two guys coming will be the the key and need a big partnership. Ponting is a big match player - Ian Chappell
Healy is excited and I couldn't make out what he was saying but it seemed like his key was Indian fielding.
Kumble key for Benaud
 
Asad Rauf on the field :14:

India to win around tea time - Shastri
India should win - Taylor and Benaud
 
Kumble will be the key for India!!
 
kashif77 said:
anyone got a link ?

Are you sure you want to see India win?? :p

I have a link, it is not working. As soon as it starts working, I'll post it.
 
W63L35 said:
Are you sure you want to see India win?? :p

I have a link, it is not working. As soon as it starts working, I'll post it.

thnks man.
 
LOL at Sharma trying to appeal for a ball that was clearly going outside the off stump. So the OZ aren't the only ones who engage in rubbish appealing eh. Where's Jackal when you need him? :p
 
very good couple of overs by I Sharma. Last over there was a close LBW call againt Ponting that I missed. The good news is that Asad Rauf was not the umpire :108:
Aus 91-2
 
Aus 90-2 and they need more 324 runs to win from 8 wickets remaining.
 
wanted_desi said:
Ishant derserve wicket here, he is too good for ponting lol
Just Ishant too good for just Ponting? :)

The whole team is too good for Australia in this match!
 
wanted_desi said:
Ishant derserve wicket here, he is too good for ponting lol
I think Rauf would probably have given the LBW in previous over but luckily he was not there. There is always a possibilty he might not have :140:
 
matter of time only (I hope)..

breaking up this partnership is the first step, then apply pressure by tightening up the bowling and fielding even more...right now indians dont seem too enthusiastic
 
Asad Rauf watch - drinks break and he is running. Probably needs a bathroom break before he has his fanta
 
Sharma has been the pick of the bowlers this morning. Ponting surviving some shaky moments.

Kumble looked nervous in the 2 overs he bowled first up inthe morning but he will come back.
 
Dhonifan said:
matter of time only (I hope)..

breaking up this partnership is the first step, then apply pressure by tightening up the bowling and fielding even more...right now indians dont seem too enthusiastic

My prediction came pretty close yesterday ehh.
 
hey does any one know about any free live streaming that I can latch on to ?? would be much appreciated
 
a close one for Ponting. Ponting not offering a shot but
Rauf was not the ump :109:
 
Lovely straight drive for 4 by pointing!

108/2
 
Sharma bowling real well, Brining the ball in quite a bit
Aus 108-2 - need 305 more
 
that record for aussie run chases where each and everyone has ricky is very scary.
 
tmac4real said:
hmm not looking good. Ponting should have been out by now.

you should have bought a lottery ticket today! :))
 
Pointing gone!

Sharma worked him over and got him with a rip snorter!
 
Sharma is bowling with a lot of fire here. Clocking in the early 140's too
 
Amjid Javed said:
Pointing gone!

Sharma worked him over and got him with a rip snorter!

Certainly worked ponting over. Just before this over I was wondering he needs to survive an over or so and Sharma will be off. Good bowling though. It was more of what he did before this bowl that was playing on Ponting's mind. This one went straight on, instead of coming in.
 
Ahmad said:
Certainly worked ponting over. Just before this over I was wondering he needs to survive an over or so and Sharma will be off. Good bowling though. It was more of what he did before this bowl that was playing on Ponting's mind. This one went straight on, instead of coming in.

I think he asked Kumble to let him continue. Has bowled like 9 or 10 overs on the trot.
 
moumotta said:
I think he asked Kumble to let him continue. Has bowled like 9 or 10 overs on the trot.

Supreme effort for a 19 year old. Didn't get over-rawed by the occasion.
 
Ahmad said:
Supreme effort for a 19 year old. Didn't get over-rawed by the occasion.

Does this Ponting his bunny? :p
 
275 to win..........

I think, the way it is going, it may be a very close game. I predict India win by less than 40 runs.
 
Aussies are saying that Sharma got Ponting out on a no-ball that was not given! Over-stepped....did he?
 
Last edited:
Australia needs 271 with 7 wickets remaining. The momentum is slowly shifting away from India...a couple of quick wickets are needed soon.
 
W63L35 said:
Aussies are saying that Sharma got Ponting out on a no-ball than was not given! Over-stepped....did he?

Nothing mentioned or shown on channel 9.
 
W63L35 said:
Aussies are saying that Sharma got Ponting out on a no-ball than was not given! Over-stepped....did he?

really? they didn't show that on tv, but at least 3 good lbws denied so it evens out.
 
While Ponting got out, in next replay itself I noticed his foot.. looked like a close no-ball call... nothing conclusive yet however! No-one said talked about it on espn, expectedly so ;)
 
Ah Indian cheaters - appealing for an LBW when it was obviously a no ball

Jk

Sharma bowled really well first session - he has massive potential if India handle him right. Gives the bowling a better than balance than all shortish left armers.
 
Dhonifan said:
really? they didn't show that on tv, but at least 3 good lbws denied so it evens out.

Hope you mean three good LBW shouts Dhoni - even the most optimistic Indian would not have expected those 3 to be given out.

No mention on Channel 9 of the noball anyway - even if he did overstep what's the point of going on about it? It's still out according to the scorebook.
 
Pathan is on verge of creating a world record of a unique double 1000 runs and 100 wickets in the same test. He's 4 wickets shy of getting that. He's on 96 after taking 2 wickets in this innings.

All the best Pathan.
 
Indiagem said:
Pathan is on verge of creating a world record of a unique double 1000 runs and 100 wickets in the same test. He's 4 wickets shy of getting that. He's on 96 after taking 2 wickets in this innings.

All the best Pathan.

Ah! The Indian obsession with world records!!!
 
Random Aussie said:
No mention on Channel 9 of the noball anyway - even if he did overstep what's the point of going on about it? It's still out according to the scorebook.
You must have missed the Sydney test then! :p
 
Random Aussie said:
Hope you mean three good LBW shouts Dhoni - even the most optimistic Indian would not have expected those 3 to be given out.

No mention on Channel 9 of the noball anyway - even if he did overstep what's the point of going on about it? It's still out according to the scorebook.
Channel 9 commies say that it was not a no-ball from Ishant when he got Ponting
 
W63L35 said:
You must have missed the Sydney test then! :p

What Sydney Test? :D

Seriously cricket is getting itself into trouble with all this use of replays to find microscopic edges and noballs and bump catches etc. Umpire's decision is the umpires decision and should be accepted.

I know it gets hard when you have things like the Bucknor and Hair issues but it is now getting to the point where every decision is analysed too much, people keep score of things like LBW based on what Hawkeye says (which is only a guide and guess as to how the ball would have moved or bounced) and count them as bad decisions against the bowling side, again based on what Hawkeye says and a thousand replays - instead of basing it on how it looks to the naked eye and lettting the umpire decide.

It is only out if the umpire says so. Not if replay or Hawkeye or Snickometer say it's out.
 
Real test for Australia here to win this one.
 
Back
Top