Australia vs West Indies | 2nd Test | Adelaide | 4-8 Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
Australia: 1 Simon Katich, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Hussey, 5 Michael Clarke, 6 Marcus North, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Mitchell Johnson, 9 Nathan Hauritz, 10 Peter Siddle, 11 Doug Bollinger.

West Indies:
1 Chris Gayle (capt), 2 Adrian Barath, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Brendan Nash, 7 Denesh Ramdin (wk), 8 Darren Sammy, 9 Sulieman Benn, 10 Kemar Roach, 11 Ravi Rampaul.

West Indies won the toss and will bat. Sarwan back.

Gayle off the mark

6 off the first 2 balls of the 1st over

Bollinger given the new ball by Ponting

Bollinger gets beat up by Gayle but takes the wicket of Barath.

1/27 after 5 overs.

Well at least the WI got to bat first.

Can't believe they dropped Travis Dowlin!!!

Well they will get to bat twice for legitimate reason not forced
West Indies 28/1 (6.5 ov)

Gayle reckons he didn't even know who Bollinger is and didn't bother to find out.

Doug Bollinger? Never heard of the guy

* Ben Dorries
* December 04, 2009 12:00AM

WEST Indies skipper Chris Gayle has needled colourful new Australian quick Doug Bollinger by provocatively claiming he doesn't even know who he is.

Sparking a potentially explosive new-ball confrontation in the second Test starting today in Adelaide, Gayle also made the amazing confession he had not even bothered to watch a video of Bollinger's bowling.

"What's the other guy's name? Bollinger? Bollinger? I haven't seen much of him, to be honest with you. It will be the first time going up against him."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/doug-bollinger-never-heard-of-the-guy/story-e6frf9if-1225806805229

OZGOD said:
Gayle reckons he didn't even know who Bollinger is and didn't bother to find out.
End of a good over from Bollinger. "Does Gayle now know who Bollinger is?" asks Phillip Malone.
- cricinfo

Good crowd. Nice sunny day to enjoy the game.

RA said it earlier...and I will mention it. Overseas matches are more exciting to watch. The atmosphere is quite different than what we have at the sub continent. I quite enjoy it.

I guess Gayle knows who Bollinger is now eh!! :)))

Sarwan out
18.1 Johnson to Sarwan, OUT, caught! full outside off, draws Sarwan into a drive who splices it in the air only as far as Clarke at point who takes a regulation catch

RR Sarwan c Clarke b Johnson 28 (46b 4x4 0x6) SR: 60.86

new batsman Nash rather aggressive with 2 fours in his first over
WI 97-3 after 19 overs

Come on Nash you wusso, get out there! Call yourself a Queenslander!!

Hope WI can score a huge score. Australian media has been really harsh on WI for last few days. Come on WI shock everyone and win the game!!

I think Chanders got juked

Watson to Chanderpaul, OUT, another loose forward prod from Chanders to one pitching closer to off stump, there's a noise before Haddin collects, no reaction from the umpire and we have a review. For the second time involving Chanderpaul, several replays are reviewed and again Hotspot is inconclusive. Is it bat flipping pad? Australia don't look pleased. Second time Chanders has been involved in a caught-behind review. Ponting, who asked for the review, leads the celebrations when the outcome is OUT. Hotspot didn't show anything but the review works for the Australians this time. Chanders is gone for a fighting 62. The bowling change works and a dangerous stand is snapped. This one was far less convincing that the first appeal last session. Chanders shakes his head and walks off. Crucial breakthrough from Watson.
S Chanderpaul c †Haddin b Watson 62 (151b 5x4 0x6) SR: 41.05

Soon after that, Ramdin!

What an over. Watson snaps the middle order. That was a tough call on the last review. It seemed the flap of the pad was flicked by Chanders' bat. It seemed very inconclusive. Mark Benson gave it not out by Asad Rauf overturned it. Read the dailies tomorrow for more on this. Sure to be a contentious issue.
Watson to Ramdin, OUT, two in the over! Watson gets Ramdin with a loose shot to one outside off stump, he tries to push it from the crease off the back foot but gets an inner edge onto the stumps
D Ramdin b Watson 4 (3b 1x4 0x6) SR: 133.33

Watson to Chanderpaul, OUT, another loose forward prod from Chanders to one pitching closer to off stump, there's a noise before Haddin collects, no reaction from the umpire and we have a review. For the second time involving Chanderpaul, several replays are reviewed and again Hotspot is inconclusive. Is it bat flipping pad? Australia don't look pleased. Second time Chanders has been involved in a caught-behind review. Ponting, who asked for the review, leads the celebrations when the outcome is OUT. Hotspot didn't show anything but the review works for the Australians this time. Chanders is gone for a fighting 62. The bowling change works and a dangerous stand is snapped. This one was far less convincing that the first appeal last session. Chanders shakes his head and walks off. Crucial breakthrough from Watson.

S Chanderpaul c †Haddin b Watson 62 (151b 5x4 0x6) SR: 41.05

The aussie cheats are getting more help from the umpires

Big call by Asad Rauf. Though to be fair, I can't see what he saw. RA, did you watch this?

junoon said:
The aussie cheats are getting more help from the umpires

From the Pakistani umpires eh.

Conspiracy theory ? A coordinated effort by umpires worldwide to screw up the referral system.They would be out of work if everything slowly becomes technology oriented. ;-)

LOL this referral system is a bit inconsistent at the moment eh.

Watson to Bravo, no run, LBW? good length ball that nips back in and strikes the batsman in line with middle and off, possibly hitting middle and leg. The umpire upholds the Australian appeal and dismisses the batsman. Bravo immediately calls for a referral. Hawkeye sheds doubt on the decision by showing the ball clearing the stumps. The decision is therefore overturned and Bravo gets a reprieve. Not out.

He was out next over in any case. But geez...

Hauritz to Nash, 1 leg bye, tucked away fine
Nash returns to the crease, having retired hurt at the lunch break
Bravo got a reprieve in the last over, but it didn't last long.
Hauritz to Bravo, OUT, clean bowled! A corker delivery from Hauritz. The ball pitches outside off and turns wonderfully into off stump, beating the bat on the way.
DJ Bravo b Hauritz 104 (156b 12x4 1x6) SR: 66.66

OZGOD said:
Big call by Asad Rauf. Though to be fair, I can't see what he saw. RA, did you watch this?

Nah didn't see it OG, working. I reiterate though, the referral system is rubbish, just leads to more errors and controversy.

The way it should work is that if the UMPIRE should call upstairs for a ruling not the players.

Some decent fight from the WI but they have not scored enough runs and their tail aint gonna.

Well to be fair he was out the first time and was given a reprieve even after a review...this time he didn't look out and was given out! Maybe Asad Rauf was squaring the ledger eh. :13:

Darren Sammy doing the unthinkable and actually scoring runs. That's not West Indian mate.

A couple of worries for Australia here though:

1) Peter Siddle is bowling rubbish

2) We are a mile behind the over rate

3) We have let them score more than 300 in a day

Yeh, I'd say that it's been WI's day all things considered. Runs on the board and still some wickets back in the shed for tomorrow.

OZGOD said:
Yeh, I'd say that it's been WI's day all things considered. Runs on the board and still some wickets back in the shed for tomorrow.

Still 8 overs to go, they are doing overtime and TV will not be happy.

At the rate they are going should be 350 at the close unless we can get some wickets. Ok this is getting annoying now. 6/329 with 7 overs to go.

Not sure if they have brought in that over rate thing - 3 times and the captain is suspended - but if they have The Rick is going on holiday.

Well .. they are showing Asad Rauf some love at Caribbean Cricket :p

Feel bad for them so GOOOO WINDIES !!

6/336 at the close, 5 overs not bowled and 30 minutes overtime. Rubbish efforts Ponting.

People pay money to see 90 overs of Test cricket, show some respect.

West Indies day today. Good fightback from them.

Random Aussie said:
6/336 at the close, 5 overs not bowled and 30 minutes overtime. Rubbish efforts Ponting.

People pay money to see 90 overs of Test cricket, show some respect.

West Indies day today. Good fightback from them.
how many offenses has ponting had before?

not sure but if he gets more than 2 he could miss a test

he saved the india one by bowling clarke , white and hussey ... wonder what brilliant strategy would he apply tomorrow?

good day for WI they have 330 on board if some how they squeeze to 400 it could be an interesting game provided roach fires

imagine wi with roach edwards and taylor ... that would be one mighty fine attack

pun500 said:
imagine wi with roach edwards and taylor ... that would be one mighty fine attack

One of the major frustrations of following modern West Indies cricket is that we actually have a fair amount of bowling talent at our disposal but they either don't play at the same time or fail to fire at the same time. Also the selectors like picking completely the wrong spinner which doesn't help.

Decent effort by W.I compared to the 1st test, but i think they will need atleast 400-50 in the 1st inns to be competative in this test match. Adelaide is usually pretty good for batting for first 3/4 days of the match.

With Nash and Sammy in they could get up to 400...

400+ will be great for WI. They can collapse 2nd innings so need every run they can get now and sametime add pressure on Aus

Windies 373/7 now. They really have to fill their boots in the first innings.

Lol the WI number 11 destroying Shane Watson.

A straight six at Adelaide Oval is a huge hit.

450 conceded now and we are in a bit of trouble.

Windies tail is wagging....oh yes..very nicely...
cats_75.gif

:))

68 runs partnership for last wicket :D

Nash misses out on a deserved ton. WI dismissed for 451, probably about 100 more than Dubya would have wanted. They'll have to bat well and bat fast to force a win. At least the dismissal came soon after lunch.

451 all out nash gone . He should have been very disappointed being bowled by old friend in the score of 90's . Well played though .

Well anyone who was watching that can now say they have seen one of the rarest sights in cricket, up there with a Bangladesh win....West Indies tail scoring significant runs.

Couple of quick wickets would make this a real problem for us.

Mitchell Johnson once again the worst of the bowlers but takes the most wickets. Such a handy player because he takes wickets consistently even with rubbish. Then every now and then he bowls well and destroys them.

Why is a all rounder like Shane Watson opening the batting? Weird.

Whats up with Asad Rauf's glasses? Did he ask Gayle to bring it for him? Gayle couldn't buy it and end up stealing his grandmom's. :D

Kema Roach has a really nice action and good pace. 146, 146, 147kph straight up.

Rauf is umpiring in style...Tony saying the shades match the shirt :D

Random Aussie said:
Mitchell Johnson once again the worst of the bowlers but takes the most wickets. Such a handy player because he takes wickets consistently even with rubbish. Then every now and then he bowls well and destroys them.

Amazing how he does it eh.

Krapich is being very scratchy at the moment.

Twatson and Krapich settling down now

Watson is going to get a 100...mark my words.

The more Twatson is a success opening the less I like it - he is NOT an opener! I would love for him to bat in the middle order. He's too loose to be an opener.

^ He's doing the job. That's all matters.

Twatson seems to have injured himself, the wusso. He's playing on though.

135 for no loss so far, 10 overs till stumps

150 opening partnership up - Twatson 85 Krapich 59 7 overs to go

OZGOD said:
The more Twatson is a success opening the less I like it - he is NOT an opener! I would love for him to bat in the middle order. He's too loose to be an opener.

Why change something that is working brilliantly? Watson has done a brilliant job in all forms of the game, in fact the advantage that Watson brings as an opener is that it allows Australia to play a 130-144 km/hr bowler, a decent hard hitting batsman like him in the team and also allows the Aussies to accommodate another batsman or bowler in the team.

Having Watson as opener is perfect in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back