Australia vs West Indies | 2nd Test | Adelaide | 4-8 Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell Johnson once again the worst of the bowlers but takes the most wickets. Such a handy player because he takes wickets consistently even with rubbish. Then every now and then he bowls well and destroys them.

The only two bowlers in the world who have reminded me of Wasim Akram and have the potential to be as good as Akram are Mitchel Johnson and Mohd Aamir. Both 145 km/hr plus bowlers, just a bit more fine tuning and these guys will become lethal.

In fact i would love Wasim Akram to coach these two guys instead of spending useless time with the likes of Irfan Pathan, RP Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra and co.

Twatson gets 2! 95, 5 balls left

Twatson on 96, but loses strike!

They run 4 runs, Twatson still off strike, 3 balls to go!

2 more runs to Krapich, 2 balls to go!

Twatson ends on 96* and will be facing a sleepless night trying to score his first Test ton. Krapich on 71*, OZ 174 for no loss against WI's 451.

Watson went without troubling the scorers, Katich has now joined him, Big Benn tolled for both of them.

Katich scored 80

Romali_rotti said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS The Bunny out, misses out on the ton :D
1h9t3c.jpg
29m2bmt.gif

OZ 7/377 still heaps to go to draw level

OMG WI actually playing a great game and giving OZ a run for their money. If they can get rid to the next 3 wickets cheaply get a 50-60 run lead and setup a good total they cant actually BEAT OZ... This Suliemann Benn is actually a good bowler, first time I see him play...

Last edited:
Romali_rotti said:
OMG WI actually playing a great game and giving OZ a run for their money. If they can get rid to the next 3 wickets cheat and have a 50-60 run leand and setup a good total they cant actually BEAT OZ... This Suliemann Benn is actually a good bowler, first time I see him play...

He's inconsistent but he's getting good bounce because of his height. Pretty bad collapse from OZ after being 150-odd for no loss.

9/426, they should just cowlash it until someone gets out so they can have a go at the WI for a couple overs before stumps

Ooh, there's a chance of a WI win here.

Day 3: Australia all out with marginal WI lead.
Day 4: WI hammer Aus for 300+ in 90 overs.
Day 5 morning: Add another quick 50 to the total
Rest of Day 5: Bowl Aus out

taaveez said:

Ok now that makes me giggle. This is not Pak or NZ playing. Aus is not going to collapse. ;-)

@tdigi

Yes, this is why we preamble our statements with sanity and zones of "uncetainty":

taaveez said:

And I'd highly recommend you do the same. ;-)

tdigi said:
Aus is not going to collapse. ;-)
Code:
AUSTRALIA
After 97 overs: 306/3
After 132 overs: 439 all out

tdigi said:
Ok now that makes me giggle. This is not Pak or NZ playing. Aus is not going to collapse. ;-)
they have been collapsing like pakistan resently. specially in ashes most of time they were in winning poistion. but couple of collapse cost them the ashes.

Good fightback again by the WI. Finish the day with a 30 odd run lead, 2 days to go.

Anything can happen in this match, Adelaide pitch always looks flat and then wierd things start happening near the end of day 4 and all of day 5. Won't be easy batting last, we need to collapso them but the bowling is lacking bite.

I can't see West Indies winning.....I just can't.

What they need is a Gayle special and to set Australia 350 or and declare with 7 or 8 overs left tonight......hope to pick up a wicket before close and then hope the pitch does some tricks on day 5.

But most likely....

they will collapse to 250 all out and Australia will win easily.

Don't think it will be a draw.

taaveez said:
@tdigi

Yes, this is why we preamble our statements with sanity and zones of "uncetainty":

And I'd highly recommend you do the same. ;-)

Code:
AUSTRALIA
After 97 overs: 306/3
After 132 overs: 439 all out

Well yes, anything is possible in cricket, but my money is on Aus and they will deliver. It's tough to beat them at home.

Gayle absolutely must stand up and be counted now

Siddle with a hamstring injury and may not be able to bowl. Ugh.

I posted at the time that it was stupid to be bowling Siddle and Hilfenhaus in both 7 ODI series against England and India, they are young Test bowlers and should have been rested. Now they are both injured. Grrrr.

WI effectively 0/37 - crucial day coming up. Will be following with keen interest like the rest of PP. We are a chance to get rolled here.

Barath belts Bollinger for 4. 0/41 these 2 can take the game away from us if they bat too long.

How come no snicko used for the nick? That was a right decision in the end...nothing came out of the review.

RA/OZ...since when are there three commentators in the box. It's awesome I think. Also broadcasters are using super slow motion.

tdigi said:
RA/OZ...since when are there three commentators in the box. It's awesome I think. Also broadcasters are using super slow motion.

IIRC since the 2007 Ashes

WI need to make around 250-300 here at least. Would be an interesting game if that happens.

tdigi said:
How come no snicko used for the nick? That was a right decision in the end...nothing came out of the review.

I think there is an issue with how accurate it is, as in it can pick up noises from a long way away which are not related to the game. At least that's what I read.

And yeah they go with 3 in the box now, makes it a little better but the comms themselves are still pretty horrible, especially if you get Slater, Healy and Taylor all at once....

One review gone, Gayle smacks another 4 - 0/47.

Bowling attack of Johnson, Bollinger, Watson and Hauritz on a flat pitch. Ugh. Hope MJ fires up.

ahsan17 said:
WI need to make around 250-300 here at least. Would be an interesting game if that happens.

300 will be very difficult to get, this pitch misbehaves on the fifth day.

Wow a maiden from Bollinger.

Random Aussie said:
300 will be very difficult to get, this pitch misbehaves on the fifth day.

Wow a maiden from Bollinger.

especially with Benn, he was just superb yesterday, especially in 1st session

The commentators are so biased here. Atleast give credit to the umpire for getting the decision right, yet the closest they came was slater with 'well, it was worth an appeal by Ponting''.

Honestly, just say a good decision by the umpire. And I thought the N.Z. commentators were extremely biased.

Random Aussie said:
I think there is an issue with how accurate it is, as in it can pick up noises from a long way away which are not related to the game. At least that's what I read.

And yeah they go with 3 in the box now, makes it a little better but the comms themselves are still pretty horrible, especially if you get Slater, Healy and Taylor all at once....

One review gone, Gayle smacks another 4 - 0/47.

No hotspot ?

Ponting is a very persistent cricketer. He was talking to the umpire..probably about the review :p

mnoman15 said:
No hotspot ?
Yes they used hotspot. Nothing there, but the commentators were suggesting that the batsman was wise to hide the edge of the bat...lol

tdigi said:
Yes they used hotspot. Nothing there, but the commentators were suggesting that the batsman was wise to hide the edge of the bat...lol

Haha. On serious note, I thought hotspot was 100% accurate, No ?

mindless slogging said:
The commentators are so biased here. Atleast give credit to the umpire for getting the decision right, yet the closest they came was slater with 'well, it was worth an appeal by Ponting''.

Honestly, just say a good decision by the umpire. And I thought the N.Z. commentators were extremely biased.

Bear in mind that is because they are commentating for an Australian domestic audience. Yes they are horribly biased but not their fault the overseas broadcasters are too cheap to have their own commentators and just take the Channel 9 feed.

0/53 OMG the West Indies are playing sensibly.

mnoman15 said:
Haha. On serious note, I thought hotspot was 100% accurate, No ?
Yes it's very accurate...I believe.

Barath Run out as the non striker. Unlucky.

Shame, wanted to see what all the fuss is about with him.

Last edited:
Unlucky decision for Adrian Barath. Harsh way to go.

Btw, am I the only one unsure whether it hit anything? 'Cos if there is doubt, wouldn't the batsman get the benefit of the decision?

I thought the 3rd umpire rushed the decision. It didn't look conclusive to me. On the other hand you got to believe the bowler... not if Punter was bowling :p

Punter wasting another review...hes gonna be pissed.

Another review and another lost for Punter. Gayle clearly didn't hit it.

Why isn't Ponting going by the quality of the decision rather than who the batsman is? I thought he accepts umpiring decisions, but apparently not.

^ Chris Gayle is the danger man. He can take away the game from you.

tdigi said:
Ponting is a very persistent cricketer. He was talking to the umpire..probably about the review :p
Well to be honest i am sick and tired of this intimdation used by the Aussies...It seems like they can get away with anything...They keep on pressuring until the umpire gives in... Its like Ponting thinks in his mind that he can never be wrong in an appeal ...

mindless slogging said:
Another review and another lost for Punter. Gayle clearly didn't hit it.

Why isn't Ponting going by the quality of the decision rather than who the batsman is? I thought he accepts umpiring decisions, but apparently not.

He can use his referrals any way he sees fit. Seriously the bloke just has to breathe for someone to have a go at him.

1/66 need wickets need wickets need wickets

FAHAD KHAN said:
Well to be honest i am sick and tired of this intimdation used by the Aussies...It seems like they can get away with anything...They keep on pressuring until the umpire gives in... Its like Ponting thinks in his mind that he can never be wrong in an appeal ...

Suck it up you are about to see a whole lot of it :D

One other thing I don't get is that the commentator was saying that a lot of time is being wasted on the reviews and that makes test cricket even more boring. I am sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Personally, I am for the use of referrals and 5 minutes extra is not going to make much of a difference. At the end you do want a correct decision which might end up being the turning point in a game.

Random Aussie said:
Suck it up you are about to see a whole lot of it :D
My point is that they are one of the best teams still in tests and ODIs they dont need to resort to these intimidatory tactics and gamesmenship to win..

Double blow...Sarwan gone..caught behind.

FAHAD KHAN said:
My point is that they are one of the best teams still in tests and ODIs they dont need to resort to these intimidatory tactics and gamesmenship to win..
I agree. Australia has enough mental toughness and talent to just produce wins on that alone.

Random Aussie said:
He can use his referrals any way he sees fit. Seriously the bloke just has to breathe for someone to have a go at him.

1/66 need wickets need wickets need wickets

Well with the guy being vocal about referrals, the least you expect is for him to use it properly (overturn ostensibly wrong umpiring decisions).

Gayle gets 50. Will he convert this to a big one? Let's see......

tdigi said:
RA are you missing Brett Lee? :p

No they would be 2/145 by now if we had Lee. But he would say after the day's play that he "was really happy with how he bowled" and "they are coming out really fast" then run off to do a commercial or something.

Missing Warne & McGrath though, the new guys we have are decent (except Bollinger who is a hack) but they are bowlers who should average late 20's not champions who average 23ish.

Lead 104, anything over 150 is going to be an interesting chase. Gayle and Chanders showing some brains here, it is in the WI interests to take a long time to get their runs, the longer they take the harder the wicket will get to bat on.

^ Warne & McGrath are just in a different league..but you still have to be satisified that Aus bench strength is still superior to what other teams have. Lunch time as we speak.

Random Aussie said:
No they would be 2/145 by now if we had Lee. But he would say after the day's play that he "was really happy with how he bowled" and "they are coming out really fast" then run off to do a commercial or something.

Missing Warne & McGrath though, the new guys we have are decent (except Bollinger who is a hack) but they are bowlers who should average late 20's not champions who average 23ish.

Lead 104, anything over 150 is going to be an interesting chase. Gayle and Chanders showing some brains here, it is in the WI interests to take a long time to get their runs, the longer they take the harder the wicket will get to bat on.

I've seen him before and that's what I thought. But he seems to have improved and has changed my opinion. He's a good bowler.

Btw, skysports showing the '05 test match at trent bridge. :)) :))) That should bring back some memories, eh RA?

tdigi said:
^ Warne & McGrath are just in a different league..but you still have to be satisified that Aus bench strength is still superior to what other teams have. Lunch time as we speak.

It is the batting which has let us down lately, too many very highly rated blokes scoring between 30 and 70 with no trouble whatsover and then giving it away.

We have to accept the bowling is not going to be what it was but the batting has just been pretty poor of late.

Lead 107 at lunch, 5 sessions of play to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back