Australia vs West Indies | 2nd Test | Adelaide | 4-8 Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually whole over has been over 150 clicks except the last bowl!

Would have been funny if Waqar was commentating..I can just imagine Wicky bhai saying something like this "that was the slower bowl by Rooach"

Legend that guy loll

268 needed from two sessions with 9 wickets in hand. The target is within reach.

Aus will take this one...we can expect to see some T20 in the last session :D

Inswinger said:
268 needed from two sessions with 9 wickets in hand. The target is within reach.

We are a chance only if Ponting stays out there. 268 from 2 sessions is pretty hard work on 5th day.

Random Aussie said:
We are a chance only if Ponting stays out there. 268 from 2 sessions is pretty hard work on 5th day.

see post # 250 :)

Random Aussie said:

I agree. If he stays there then I think you guys will complete the task on hand. You can tell Ponting is on a mission though with the way he's batting out there.

I hope he plays a beauty today cause watching him bet is truly fun and exciting.

Random Aussie said:
Chance of win gone. 2/70
Australia aren't playing to win anymore, they're looking for the draw. It's too bad, because I was really hoping for a result. But Watson's defensive batting has pretty much sealed the fate of this match.
Only hope now is West Indies to get a couple of quick wickets. But that will be a problem looking at the strength of the Australian batting line up (and it looks like Hussey and Watson are settling in and won't be getting out soon). I don't see Australia in a position to win.

come on West Indies bowl Australia out! Just need 2 quick wickets to apply good enough pressure to win the game.

Looks like they've given up on the chase or are going to wait till there are like 10 overs left

The Australian new brand of Darpok cricket. West Indies to win by 53 runs.

This has been a pretty good Test actually...going to go down to the wire I think.

Wasted review, this is going to be a draw. No way Aussies lose 7 wickets in a session.

bluffmasterv2 said:
Lmaoooooo some one heard Bravo complaining to Rauf "2 mins still left wagwannnn, 2 minss"
Rauf is a strict umpire..he was trying to get the ball from Bravo..but he kept pulling away his hand..kinda.. :D

I said Bravo was the man. Lame shot from Mr Wicket, the sooner he goes the better, Watson to 4 and Hughes to open.

Ian Healy proving again what a tool he is, bagging the WI for their casual vibe. First 4 balls after tea, LBW shout, ball hit in the air, play and miss and wicket. Real casual Heals you tool.

tdigi said:
Rauf is a strict umpire..he was trying to get the ball from Bravo..but he kept pulling away his hand..kinda.. :D

Rauf has been showing some flair this match, first with the shades, then play up for the camera and rolling the arm over a bit. :)

Ok let's list the commentators. My fav are in bold. Who's yours?

Richie Benaud
Tony Greig
Mark Nicholas
Mark Taylor
Michael Slater
Ian Healy
Ian Chappell

I am liking this team. Much better than Siva and ...
15gs0if.jpg
..defeeenitley..lol

Last edited:
tdigi said:
Ok let's list the commentators. My fav are in bold. Who's yours?

Richie Benaud
Tony Greig
Mark Nicholas
Mark Taylor
Michael Slater
Ian Healy
Ian Chappell

Ian Chappell. The rest are biased morons in my view. Except for Richie who is a bit past it.

Aussie comms were talking up 6 an over as being "gettable for this Australian team". Yes yes of course gettable. :jm We are not even going for the win anyway, which is dissapointing.

I don't mind biased commentary. This team in threes does the job quite well..I guess. I don't find myself bored.

tdigi said:
I don't mind biased commentary. This team in threes does the job quite well..I guess. I don't find myself bored.

You have not had to endure them all summer every summer for your entire life. :po:

Maiden after maiden. I hate my team when they play like this.

^ For me the grass seems greener on the other side.

Last 5 overs, 3 runs.

*slow clap*

This is a side that got whipped by Queensland (with most of the experienced QLD players not playing) and we are going English on them.

Micheal Hussy First 20 tests 2120@85 8 100s 8 50s 0 ducks S/R 53

last 24 tests 1333@32 2 100s 9 50s 7 ducks S/R41

What has happened to MR.cricket?Similar in ODIs as well.

Pretty much meandering towards a draw. Windies need a bit of a collapse, and there isn't that much in the wicket for them.

Random Aussie said:
Last 5 overs, 3 runs.

*slow clap*

This is a side that got whipped by Queensland (with most of the experienced QLD players not playing) and we are going English on them.
To be fair on them they had just arrived in the country and lost their captain soon after. They were just as bad if not worse at the Gabba.

But give them a bit of credit for the fight they've put up in this test match! Windies have definately stepped it upa notch!

great catch! our slippers need to be of this quality, it's what's needed against Australia.

i really wish wi wins this one,,,,,,bravo has been excellent. it would be great to see if WI won this one. need clarke wicket asap

Michael Slater just earnestly informed us that "the win is probably out of the question now for Australia" :)))

Random Aussie said:
Michael Slater just earnestly informed us that "the win is probably out of the question now for Australia" :)))
Funny earlier they were talking about playing this game like a one-dayer. Maybe now they will insist they plat it like a 2020. :afridi

Nearly time for Roach I think, get him on and tell him to send em down the fastest he can possibly bowl.

Err..as soon as i tuned in, I have jinxed W.I. Wicket aint falling anymore..

Less than 20 overs left and the windies desperate for a wicket here. Roach and Bravo are the only two who have looked like getting wickets today.

This is going to be a draw now unless something unforseen happens. WI really did deserve victory though. I reckon they played better than we did, they just didn't leave themselves enough time.

8 overs to go, looks like we are going to get out of this one.

Our top 7 should have a good look at themselves after this match. Too many times they get a start and look serene then throw it away. I think almost every batter in both our innings got starts and didn't go on.

Random Aussie said:

Our top 7 should have a good look at themselves after this match. Too many times they get a start and look serene then throw it away. I think almost every batter in both our innings got starts and didn't go on.

I reckon they underestimated the WI attack after the Gabba. As for our own attack it was pretty ordinary even though we took the 20 wickets we needed to take, but without Siddle it was always going to struggle. Good thing Twatto was there otherwise we'd have been bowling Marcus North a lot.

Random Aussie said:

I dunno. Most of your batsmen put respectable scores in both innings. Shows batting strength through the whole team. I don't really think Australia were in any real trouble of losing anyway.

Had it not been for Gayle in the 2nd innings, West Indies would have lost.

West Indies bowlers weren't as good in the 2nd innings and didn't look like they'd bowl Australia out.

And they've called it. It's a drawski.

Match drawn. A few internet pundits suggesting this may be the end of Michael Hussey.

Well played and congratulations to the WI, they were the only side with a chance of winning this game and would be very happy after the abuse dished out to to them by the Aussie media.

Random Aussie said:
Match drawn. A few internet pundits suggesting this may be the end of Michael Hussey.

Well played and congratulations to the WI, they were the only side with a chance of winning this game and would be very happy after the abuse dished out to to them by the Aussie media.

I reckon it would've been the end of him in Tests if not for the fact that Phil Hughes blew his audition just before the 1st Test side was picked.

Random Aussie said:

They were miles away from a win, if the game continued I think Australia would get the runs.

They had no chance of a win, if they had of declared earlier it would have cost them the game and if there had of been more overs Australia would have won.

Fish said:
They were miles away from a win, if the game continued I think Australia would get the runs.

They had no chance of a win, if they had of declared earlier it would have cost them the game and if there had of been more overs Australia would have won.

So we were more likely than them to win? :13: Not sure we watched the same match but you are entitled to your opinion. ;-)

Fish said:

If you were thinking that when we lost our fifth wicket then you've got a lot of confidence mate. I don't think we ever looked like winning it once we lost Ponting.

OZGOD said:
I reckon it would've been the end of him in Tests if not for the fact that Phil Hughes blew his audition just before the 1st Test side was picked.
why should Hussey be dropped?
scores of 66, 41 and 29. Not bad at all, average of around 45. Pointing and North did a lot worse.

OZGOD said:
If you were thinking that when we lost our fifth wicket then you've got a lot of confidence mate. I don't think we ever looked like winning it once we lost Ponting.

Australia only had to get another 118 runs with 5 wickets in hand, if there was more time yes I do think we would have got them. Clarke and Haddin were going along and setting up a good partnership. Watson and Ponting got out trying to force the pace because they only had 75 odd overs to get the runs but if they had unlimited time it would have been a cackewalk on this pitch.

ads101 said:
why should Hussey be dropped?
scores of 66, 41 and 29. Not bad at all, average of around 45. Pointing and North did a lot worse.

Internet pundits have been saying Hussey should be dropped ater every game we play. He's not going anywhere.

Fish said:
Australia only had to get another 118 runs with 5 wickets in hand, if there was more time yes I do think we would have got them. Clarke and Haddin were going along and setting up a good partnership. Watson and Ponting got out trying to force the pace because they only had 75 odd overs to get the runs but if they had unlimited time it would have been a cackewalk on this pitch.

But they didn't have unlimited time, because we wasted time in the 1st session trying to get two tailender wickets. We only have ourselves to blame for only having 75-odd overs to chase 320+. We just weren't good enough on the day. Let them score about 150+ runs more than we should've in the first innings including a cowlashing ton from their No5 or 6, made Suleiman Benn look like Warney in our first dig, let their opener carry his bat to score a ton and a half then lost wickets at key intervals chasing 320-odd in 75 or so overs. We hold part of the blame for the fact that the time to score the runs was so limited - I'm not going to blame Gayle for not declaring sooner, of course he was making the game safe like we were.

Last edited:
Fish said:
Internet pundits have been saying Hussey should be dropped ater every game we play. He's not going anywhere.

Because people feel his performance over the past couple of years have not been good enough for number 4 Australian batsman. Whether we have anyone to replace him not sure.

But in some respects it is perception, the old Hussey used to look unmovable. The current Hussey looks pretty easy to get out.

In any event, on to Perth and hopefully a fast track but it will probably be a road again. The WI need to get rid of one of Rampaul or Sammy, they are pretty useless and give Tonge a go. Rampaul would be in the gun for mine because Sammy's batting in the first innings really set the game up for them and gives them some spine at the bottom whereas previously jellyfish.

For Aus, the only changes will be to be the bowlers I think, Hilfenhaus straight back in if fit, Siddle might miss with an injury, Bollinger could be unlucky but hey, he is embarrassing to Australia the way he carries on.

Clint McKay will come into the side if Hilf/Siddle are not fit. And Hauritz was rubbish this match yet again unable to make inroads on a turning track. It is debatable whether to bother with him in Perth.

Watson was great, well done to him, made runs and took wickets. He is now showing why he had a free pass into the team for so long when coming back from injury.

OZGOD said:
But they didn't have unlimited time, because we wasted time in the 1st session trying to get two tailender wickets. We just weren't good enough on the day. Let them score about 150+ runs more than we should've in the first innings including a cowlashing ton from their No5 or 6, made Suleiman Benn look like Warney in our first dig, let their opener carry his bat to score a ton and a half then lost wickets at key intervals chasing 320-odd in 75 or so overs. We hold part of the blame for the fact that the time to score the runs was so limited - I'm not going to blame Gayle for not declaring sooner, of course he was making the game safe like we were.

And WI were not good enough on the day. How you could ever say they deserved to win is daydreaming.

Random Aussie said:
Because people feel his performance over the past couple of years have not been good enough for number 4 Australian batsman. Whether we have anyone to replace him not sure.

Well if you are going to drop him you will need someone to take his place and they need to be able to produce more than him because its no use putting someone there who cant. Hussey isnt doing to bad at all.

Fish said:
And WI were not good enough on the day. How you could ever say they deserved to win is daydreaming.

Clearly not because it was a draw. But Blind Freddy could see they made all the running in this Test mate. We were always catching up and always reacting to what they did. We would've had to break a ground record chase to win. Given that they're a team of hacks compared to us they performed above themselves and we performed below expectation. You have to be honest and accept that. Otherwise its just sour grapes mate.

Fish said:
Well if you are going to drop him you will need someone to take his place and they need to be able to produce more than him because its no use putting someone there who cant. Hussey isnt doing to bad at all.

Yes that is correct. And there is also the fact that he is getting older and seems to be getting worse not better.

A lot of people (including selectors apparently) want Hughes back in the team and the only way that will work is for Watson to go to 4 - which means no Hussey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back