Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is pakistan even doing? They need one wicket and it's a rap?

Ok. If you say so.
All trolling aside , the state of batting in BD really is abysmal.

Towhid is a very gifted player and hopefully he can revolutionise BD batting for years to come. Sowmya and Litton were extremely gifted but they haven't turned the batting around either.

Need to get rid of Shanto and get Towhid in the team.

This shouldn't be that unpopular. He is a spinner who doesn't get revs or pace on the ball. Relies on "mystery" . Not a good red ball prospect.
Rare to see a mystery spinner excel in tests. They will just play him like a medium pacer who bowls the odd cutter. But he's the best we have for now.

Rare to see a mystery spinner excel in tests. They will just play him like a medium pacer who bowls the odd cutter. But he's the best we have for now.
Even real wrist spinners who succeed in Test cricket are rare .

I'm sure there are serviceable finger spinners in PAK.

Mubasir Khan for one.

Even real wrist spinners who succeed in Test cricket are rare .

I'm sure there are serviceable finger spinners in PAK.

Mubasir Khan for one.
They had one 'Mohammad Asghar' never got chance at international level. Seemed pretty decent in PSL. Umar Khan too but never got picked.

They had one 'Mohammad Asghar' never got chance at international level. Seemed pretty decent in PSL. Umar Khan too but never got picked.
Asghar was very overaged and last played FC cricket 2 years ago. Umer didn't do much in FC cricket - average of 51.

Mubasir has performed in FC and can bat as well.

Proper spin allrounder.

Arafat Minhas looks good but needs a couple of seasons of FC before playing Tests.

This is way too easy now for Bangla Batters. The whole momentum is lost since Ali came.

How come we never run through teams always has to be an epic knock against us in every innings. Annoying

Any decent batsmen will make life hell for abrar. He is too much predictable

Mind my words, if Bangladesh can add 70 more, Pakistan will be in a trouble. Pakistan may collapse in the 2nd innings and Bangladesh may go for the kill.
Don't underestimate.

If u look at my posts in day 1 of matches i said all along the bangladesh batting is too strong and if some how we manage to get their top order out we will not get Das and Mehdi Hasan out and so it is becoming true

Why is Shan the genuis captain making khurram bowl? It's clear as day the dude is tired? Bowlers ki kudrat nahi hai?

I have a feeling this is a ploy by Shan to injured khurram on purpose so shaheen can come back.

This guilty party lot just won't stop at anything will they

bangladesh still need 120 more runs at the very least.

also, what a performance from mehidy hasan this series. outstanding stuff

Yeah. POTS for me.

Never thought PAK collapse to an offspinner on a flat pitch. Twice

Him and shaqib always perform against us be it bat or ball. Litton is just class too

Think our opportunity to win the test is very much disappearing

We really needed to get them out with a huge lead but at best it's looking like a modest lead (and at the current state of play they'll be taking a first innings lead because we look so toothless)

See now I'm angry. The evil inside me wants Shan masood to be humilated alongside Rizwan and the neuxus

But the good inside me wants loyal pakistani fans to get respite. Pakistan had the perfect chance but it seems Shan winless streak continues.

Its either win for Bangladesh or draw. We will not even score 100 in 2nd innings. You cannot win with Shan, Shafiq, Babar at the top order.

Its either win for Bangladesh or draw. We will not even score 100 in 2nd innings. You cannot win with Shan, Shafiq, Babar at the top order.
Pakistan batting lineup is literally rizwan/saud or bust.

Agha, saim, Abdullah, Babar, Shan are all walking wickets especially on day 4/ day 5

Pakistan batting lineup is literally rizwan/saud or bust.

Agha, saim, Abdullah, Babar, Shan are all walking wickets especially on day 4/ day 5
Exactly!!!! Even if we get 50 runs lead which is impossible Bangladesh can able to chase 250 in 4th innings. Its highly unlikely we can even score 100 in 2nd innings

Apart from Khurram, Saud and Rizwan none can even get into Bangladesh side.

Exactly!!!! Even if we get 50 runs lead which is impossible Bangladesh can able to chase 250 in 4th innings. Its highly unlikely we can even score 100 in 2nd innings
why do you think PK will be out for 100 ? any demons in pitch ?

Just out some brakes on the scoring rate atleast, at this rate Bangladesh will end up getting a lead and that's a scary prospect.

The thing is, I can tell who'll win and who'll lose based of body language alone. Das and mehidy haven't panicked one bit, Heck Mehidy throughout both tests is acting like he owns pakistan and doesn't have a care in the world.

Meanwhile every pakistan player is acting as if their math teacher asked them to do their math homework.

The body language between these 2 sides is night and day. The likes of rana, Mehidy, Taskin, Das, Mushfiqar and Shakib aren't taking pakistan seriously at all. It's a huge shame from when I use to watch bamgaldesh vs pakistan 10 ton12 years ago.

Bangladesh use to cry when losing to pakistan and always felt pressure. The body language atm makes it seem like we're the minnow who travelled overseas to play a top side in their home den and not the other way around

why do you think PK will be out for 100 ? any demons in pitch ?
4th day it will offer more turns than day 2 means we have so many walking wicket Babar, Shan, Shafiq, Saim, Salman. Only Saud and Rizwan can score others are just rubbish.

But an average bowler who can't get in any test team
Tbf, Ali isn't a bad bowler. I've seen the guy bowl, And I'd gladly take him in whiteball, this test series is just not his day.

I'd prefer khurram though, this lad looks like a solid prospect for bowling 5 lethal overs on the dot in odi.

I'd keep khurram away from t20 though, T20 has ruined pakistani bowlers more often then not, People like naseem and rauf shpuld play t20 for their injury prone nonsense.

Keep khurram and Ali for red ball and odi, Mir Hamza only for red ball, Hamza will get spanked with the speed he bowls in odi lol

4th day it will offer more turns than day 2 means we have so many walking wicket Babar, Shan, Shafiq, Saim, Salman. Only Saud and Rizwan can score others are just rubbish.
forecast for next 2 days ?

Only rain can save Pakistan now, Pakistan really needed a big first innings lead without which they are likely to collapse in their 2nd innings, only for the target to be chased by BD with ease , repeat of the first test..

Forecast looks okayish for the last 2 days to be fair. Maybe a few interruptions here and there but i think still ample time left to force a result for either teams.

Mohd Ali was the least impressive bowler last match, and this match not at all threatening or fit.

Wow! It was 26/6.

Good recovery.

Couldn't watch as the game started at midnight at my place (didn't want to sacrifice sleep).

Wow?
Bangladesh just won't go away. They have improved alot. They can beat SA at home.

Pakistan letting the advantage slip away again due to listless bowling.

Surely PCB knows a better way of marketing their sponsors rather than forcing their commentators to talk about them awkwardly in the middle of an over. Surely..

There goes the Follow on hope . Match will lengthen now as less chances for Pakistan to win

Absolutely nothing happening off the wicket after the ball got old.

Decent batting lineups would have buried this Pakistani attack and taken a big first innings lead by surviving the initial burst. Abrar does not look like the guy who's a solution to Pakistan's spin woes.

This is the last recognized batting pair.

After that, Taskin can hang around a bit. Nahid Rana and Hassan Mahmud cannot bat well.

I think Abrar is not that good against Asian teams. He can only perform in turning pitches.

I think Abrar is not that good against Asian teams. He can only perform in turning pitches.
Naw he's bowling well, sometimes you also have to respect the opposition. Bangaldesh have been batting(Das and Mehidy) beautifully so theirs no much abrar can do.

The difference between mehidy and abrar( not saying abrar is as good as mehidy, mehidy is more experienced and obviously superior) is that mehidy is bowling to a team that is even more clueless against spin then Uganda while abrar is bowling to mehidy and das, one who himself is a spinner and can read the line and length and off the wrist very well and the other who's a keeper who's use to reading mehidy's spin behind the stumps

Is that same Rizwan you want out of Pakistan team?
Yes I want him out and I have my reasons.

But that doesn't mean I won't speak the truth. In my player performance review I gave him an 8 in the previous test innings. A stark contrast from the rest who got 0-5 lol.

Naw he's bowling well, sometimes you also have to respect the opposition. Bangaldesh have been batting(Das and Mehidy) beautifully so theirs no much abrar can do.

The difference between mehidy and abrar( not saying abrar is as good as mehidy, mehidy is more experienced and obviously superior) is that mehidy is bowling to a team that is even more clueless against spin then Uganda while abrar is bowling to mehidy and das, one who himself is a spinner and can read the line and length and off the wrist very well and the other who's a keeper who's use to reading mehidy's spin behind the stumps
Put Mehidi here and he will destroy our batting.

Why can't bring Salman or Saim? We'll not take any lead for sure. Just try to restrict them under 350 at least

Put Mehidi here and he will destroy our batting.
Mehidy is obviously a better bowler then abrar, I don't disagree. Like why wouldn't he be? He's played international longer, has more variety, is genuinely smarter etc.

I'm just saying even mehidy will not have as easy as a time against Bangladesh as he does against pakistan.

Shan can't read spin on any pitch, Babar has a non existent backfoot play against it, so that's 2 wickets gifted right off the bat for him.

Hardly anyone talks about this and it’s not really that cool to accept that, but there’s very less acknowledgment about how mentally weak Pakistani cricketers are.

Just a little bit of pressure and these boys collapse, it’s not that they take some pressure and make mistakes like their peers do, they just completely collapse and give themselves up to the opposition to flog them.

More than skill levels at grass-root level, we need to make sure the kids coming up have some iota of mental fortitude.

Back