Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our players gave up!! They are waiting BD to declare. Most likely tomorrow after tea and we may loose 3-4 wickets by the end of tomorrow
They should try swapping ends of bowlers. Try finger spinners. Something or the other they have to try.

Liton Das went after Naseem in the last match in one over which changed the momentum and BaD believed they can win the match, same happening here. Mendi also playing well once again.

These long spells will impact Pak bowlers in the 2nd innings as well if they don't bat long enough.

Like watching Abrar bowl. Even though wkt is slow he's holding a good line and accuracy

Will become far better if he can improve length and get batter playing forward more

The way Bangladesh has battled on this Pakistan tour it has reminded me of the last border Gavaskar series we played in Australia.

This is what test is all about.
You never give up and you keep on fighting.

Goneeee....Mehidy out.

Congrats Pakistan for winning this test match

Seen enough to know that only Bangladesh can win this test match from here

Only rain can save us

Pakistan is the complete opposite of Australia.

While Australia fights till the end, Pakistan lose it the moment the opposition starts showing even a little grit.

Like bhai it's cricket, their not just gonna let you walk, After a few quick wickets they'll obviously bat and try to win like a professional team?

It was this mental brain fade that caused them to lose to Australia in the semi final in 2021, lose to india from a won position in 2022, and butcher it againat sa in wc 2023.

When Babar said on the press "We lost because Ireland attacked us" at that time I laughed and thought it's because bobby is bad at speaking English,

Now ik he was speaking the truth, literally any team, even Uganda can beat Pakistan. Just show them a bit of aukaat and pakistan starts crying like babies?

This is weakest test team for pakistan all time but not just skill wise, Mentality wise as well

Got the breakthrough.
Cmon lads wrap this up quickly after tea

Pakistan is the complete opposite of Australia.

While Australia fights till the end, Pakistan lose it the moment the opposition starts showing even a little grit.

Like bhai it's cricket, their not just gonna let you walk, After a few quick wickets they'll obviously bat and try to win like a professional team?

It was this mental brain fade that caused them to lose to Australia in the semi final in 2021, lose to india from a won position in 2022, and butcher it againat sa in wc 2023.

When Babar said on the press "We lost because Ireland attacked us" at that time I laughed and thought it's because bobby is bad at speaking English,

Now ik he was speaking the truth, literally any team, even Uganda can beat Pakistan. Just show them a bit of aukaat and pakistan starts crying like babies?

This is weakest test team for pakistan all time but not just skill wise, Mentality wise as well

Aussies are the toughest mentally.

I remember Aussies once won a game when opposition needed like 2 off 6. Aussies won that game.

First time in 147 years of test cricket there is a 7th wicket partnership of 150 runs when the 6th wicket fell for less than 30.

An IPL franchise should poach Mehidy quickly. He'll be the next big AR in world after Shakib

Aussies are the toughest mentally.

I remember Aussies once won a game when opposition needed like 2 off 6. Aussies won that game.
It's because they don't give up, Even when theirs a 0% chance of winning, their tail enders will have a crack at it for fun.

And their defeat in one game doesn't effect them for the next game.

We may see a bit of tuk-tuk now.

Tail can hardly bat. Litton is having cramp.
If I was bangaldesh, I'd tell the team to just slog and have a crack at it. No point in wasting time as the tail will walk anyway.

Mehidy did his job. Slog, smack and get upto to 210-220 and let pakistan bat. Pakistan will wash away very quickly lol. Assuming it doesn't rain, Pakistan ain't batting for 2.5 days lol

Day 3: 2nd Session - Bangladesh trail by 81 runs

BAN 193/8 (53.3) CRR: 3.61

What surprises me most is Taskin has a high score of 75 in Tests 😮

I mean this guy is a happy slogger at best

If I was bangaldesh, I'd tell the team to just slog and have a crack at it. No point in wasting time as the tail will walk anyway.

Mehidy did his job. Slog, smack and get upto to 210-220 and let pakistan bat. Pakistan will wash away very quickly lol. Assuming it doesn't rain, Pakistan ain't batting for 2.5 days lol

Agree.

Should start slogging.

Khurram is the real deal. Been saying this since his 1st Test he trapped Smith in Australia.

But given the track record. Odds are he'll be mishandled like Shaheen and Naseem

A bit of rain expected tomorrow and the day after. So we'll have bat fast

A bit of rain expected tomorrow and the day after. So we'll have bat fast
Depends, This is pakistan not England, it's very likely it might not rain. Regardless, Hasan Mahmud and rana can't bat.

Liton das should slog and slog to his 100 and get Bangladesh 210-220. No point in tuk tuk as the other 2 will be bundled very quickly

Pitch has gone to slumber. Abrar bowled decently but there was nothing on offer for him

You need to stop Liton. He'll attack after tea. Within no time lead will be less than 50.
Pakistan may bowled out very cheaply given their performance in the first innings. Bangladesh will then have a very good chance. Bangladesh has nothing to lose here. Either a series win or draw. Both is acceptable.

You need to stop Liton. He'll attack after tea. Within no time lead will be less than 50.
Pakistan may bowled out very cheaply given their performance in the first innings. Bangladesh will then have a very good chance. Bangladesh has nothing to lose here. Either a series win or draw. Both is acceptable.

He is cramping up badly.

If that can be sorted out, maybe he can hit a few boundaries.

I expect Pakistan to wrap this up quickly.

Depends, This is pakistan not England, it's very likely it might not rain. Regardless, Hasan Mahmud and rana can't bat.

Liton das should slog and slog to his 100 and get Bangladesh 210-220. No point in tuk tuk as the other 2 will be bundled very quickly

We have nothing to lose since we are already down 1-0
So we might as well go hard, try to get a lead of 300ish and declare
But if we declare too early and lose, Shan will really look like an idiot haha, but we have to try

Khurram is a serious bowler to left handers. The drift that he gets from around the wicket is so impressive

Need to clean the tail now in no time. lead of 70+ is gonna be a fine start.

We have nothing to lose since we are already down 1-0
So we might as well go hard, try to get a lead of 300ish and declare
But if we declare too early and lose, Shan will really look like an idiot haha, but we have to try
Bhai, 300 lead? With Shan, Babar, Abdullah, Saim, saud, Rizwan and Agha?

Just tuned in...gee whiz - good reco from 30 odd for 6, highest 7th wkt partnership in TC histroy after first 6 fell for 30 odd.
Pak's greatest chance would be for the follow on, but now need to get the two wickets, get a lead and start pounding the bd bowlers.
Pitch looks like a belter-batting surface.
On another front, Liton has to be one of the guys who have underperformed. I started liking him from 2018 asia cup when he scored a hundred against India, Dude has a good defense, a predominantly bottom handed game - very easy on the eye and pleasing to watch. Yet he will go for the spectacular, have a concentration loss or make a halwa of some gad-awful delivery and find some way to get out.
Pak has to do all th running from here, will be intresting post tea - looking fwd to some fireworks

Pakistan will have a tough job ahead of themselves, how long should they bat since rain is around ? If they declare early and it doesn't rain then Advantage Bangladesh and if they continue to bat too long and rain comes then series is a draw..too complicated.

Pakistan will have a tough job ahead of themselves, how long should they bat since rain is around ? If they declare early and it doesn't rain then Advantage Bangladesh and if they continue to bat too long and rain comes then series is a draw..too complicated.

I think they need to give a target of 250. That should be enough.

Mentality can do a long way in cricket. A limited batsman like Paul Collingwood was able to average a respectable 40 with the bat in Tests mostly by not giving up and being a scrapper, which propelled him onto a long England career that included captaining the T20I side to a World Cup win, and he’s had a long cosy gig in the coaching setup post retirement. This Pakistan side lacks a positive and resilient mentality, nor do the players seem to understand why it is vitally important to have one.

This particular pitch doesn't seem that flat. Pakistan scored 274. BD are 193/8.

I think this is a 300-350 pitch. There is a bit of juice.
yes, actually i take back what i said. Just also saw highlights of first session wickets. Well, pak have to pitch it up more and make them drive and aim for pad hits or slip catches...there is something in the wicket.
What i am surprised is guy like Abrar is wicketless when mehdy on 2nd day -effectively 1st day got a 5ver.
What about Yassir shah - has he retire from test/intl cricket?

Mentality can do a long way in cricket. A limited batsman like Paul Collingwood was able to average a respectable 40 with the bat in Tests mostly by not giving up and being a scrapper, which propelled him onto a long England career that included captaining the T20I side to a World Cup win, and he’s had a long cosy gig in the coaching setup post retirement. This Pakistan side lacks a positive and resilient mentality, nor do the players seem to understand why it is vitally important to have one.
Was'nt that dude just diamond crazy at gully or cover or close in....he took some blinders and also some fab run outs...

Good points. The only Pak player who I feel is mentally tough is Naseem Shah. Saw that after he hit 2 sixes off the last 2 balls against Afghanistan (or whatever it was). The other Pak players just crumble even if there is a little pressure like gluten-free cake

With this cramp issue, don't think Litton should keep in 2nd innings.

Mushfiq should keep.

Hassan Mahmud is on 1* from 19 balls.

He is hanging in there.

Mir Hamza comes on to bowl.

Wow what a thread
Haven't followed the game so just decided to read this thread to get the feeling of watching it live.

At one point we were going to be bowling them out for under 40, then 70 and win by an innings to a draw or Bangladesh win being the only two outcomes...

Abrar Ahmed is so frigging overrated. He is awful just like so many other Pakistani spinners. It's just so terrible that Pakistan has got zero spinner in the whole of Pakistan.

Wow what a thread
Haven't followed the game so just decided to read this thread to get the feeling of watching it live.

At one point we were going to be bowling them out for under 40, then 70 and win by an innings to a draw or Bangladesh win being the only two outcomes...
Bangladesh have done well. Good fighting batting from them.

Mehdy hasan is much better than Pakistani batters and so better than spinners.

Update:

Mohammad Ali is injured and he will not bowling anymore today.

Bangladesh have done well. Good fighting batting from them.
Yes a great come back from them...

But what a mess Pakistan Cricket is in.
They can't prepare good wickets, have no one that can bowl at decent pace and not a single spinner...

T20 cricket seems to have destroyed our cricket... bowlers only half decent when batters are looking to attack, making them pretty ordinary for test matches... this is particularly so for spinners.

What is das even doing? What's the point of not taking a single only to take a single?

Back