Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we are the worst Asian team when its comes to spin even NZ, Australia, SA play better spin than us

That is why he is average. So much efforts in his shots which are so simple for any half decent batsmen.

So 270 on a road!!! Now we have to run after the balls 2 days and wait Bangladesh to declare the innings.

Saving an innings defeat will be a moral victory for Naqvi. Hopefully last match for Babar and Shafiq

This is not a flat pitch. BD should have held on to that catch and reduced PAK to 220 all out.

PAK favourites to win, weather permitting.

Pakistan should open the bowling with Abrar think he can take wickets early on

just tuned in and agha gets 50, mehidy gets fiver, Abrar middles a few and A O.
if you have 275 on the board, u can attack at the start wit slips and silly point for the pacers and guy like Abrar would enjoy having close in fielders.
with rain around, it surely shoudl seam. It still is relatively unused wicket and 2nd day. Pak have to do all the running to get a result - have to show real desperation to knock off Bangla for low score. Will be a true test of captaincy for Masood as well.
On the other front - as a lover of true pace bowling- this guy Nahid has the goods, with good coaching and management - he should lend a totally different dimension to BD bowling attack.
match should be interesting.

This is not a flat pitch. BD should have held on to that catch and reduced PAK to 220 all out.

PAK favourites to win, weather permitting.

Can the Pakistani pacers take advantage and allow Abrar to create pressure as well?

We finally have a non T20 pace bowling attack, the likes of Khurram, Ali, Mir Hamza are all domestic veterans with plenty of domestic miles, wickets in their armoury. They should have the experience, discipline to put 4-5 deliveries in an over in the same spot without losing steam.

Saud Shakeel clearly does not work hard enough on his fielding. Unprofessional!!!

SA don't . That's why you beat them in 2021.
Oh chal Mama, 2021 door ki baat hai.

This test team is the weakest pakistan test team in history.

All those jokers who cried about 2018 test squad, that test side would wipe the floor with this one.

This test squad has players who can only peak at 50 max? And the tail is the weakest test tail I've ever seen? It's somehow weaker then indian 2023 odi tail which was hilarious?

Rizwan and saud are your only player in this squad who's ceiling is higher then 50 but saud is too inconsistent and rizwan won't kick off. I predict saud won't perform for a while now and rizwan will soon drop out of form.

This so called rizzu form will fade away eventually once England come in and put this clown in his place.

This pakistan test team is the weakest in its entire history.

Every test team even the 2018-2019 test squad wash this filth squad with zero effort.

Bangladeshi openers survive the day.

Stumps for Day 2.

BD - 10/0 (2 overs).

Trailing by 264 runs.

Catch dropped on very first ball!!! Thats Pakistan cricket for you

zfDlN3D.jpg

DAY 2, STUMPS

First innings :

PAK 274 all-out
Saim Ayub 58
Mehidy Hasan 5/61

BAN 10/0, trail by 264 runs.

Mehidy Hasan Miraz was the star of the day picking his 10th 5fer in Test cricket (5/61)

This Bangladesh team was even more switched on then the first Test.

I think for the first Test they just wanted to draw, in the first innings they were mostly just wasting time, and didn't expect Pakistan to collapse on the 5th day.

Today they played with intent to kill. They could have bundled Pakistan out for 200 or even less if they took more catches especially agha on 0.

They'll be coming at Pakistan hard tmr. These boys are looking to win it, assuming rain doesn't wash it away, they got this

End of the day. See you at tomorrow's struggle.
I must say that Bangladesh has won today's duel.
Not really. If we held on to the catches than sure but we let pak score atleast 50+ more runs. Pitch is not flat so I say honors shared after first day

This Bangladesh team was even more switched on then the first Test.

I think for the first Test they just wanted to draw, in the first innings they were mostly just wasting time, and didn't expect Pakistan to collapse on the 5th day.

Today they played with intent to kill. They could have bundled Pakistan out for 200 or even less if they took more catches especially agha on 0.

They'll be coming at Pakistan hard tmr. These boys are looking to win it, assuming rain doesn't wash it away, they got this
BD can get out 2 times tomorrow also..if you followed BD cricket you would know. Not counting my chickens yet

BD can get out 2 times tomorrow also..if you followed BD cricket you would know. Not counting my chickens yet
Getting out 2 times tomorrow...itna pessimestic...:)

lol...

but well played to both teams, both had chances, took them, dropped them - in the end runs on the board and 2 days over, but nowhere near an inning completion...

i feel from here draw is most realistic conclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blunders for BD this game:

1) Got too excited and burned up reviews too quickly.

2) Dropped at least 4 catches.

3) Dropping Shoriful (should've dropped Hassan Mahmud instead).
Agree with all the points except for the last one. Shoriful was dropped because of his groin injury

Getting bowled out on day is not a bad thing as it will be a result oriented match for sure provided there is no further rain.

Tomorrow should be a crucial day.

Pakistan should try to get BD bowled out before Tea.

BD should try to bat out the whole day and maybe reach 320-330.

Agree.

Pakistan should try to bowl Bangladesh out for as less score as possible and take a big first innings lead as this will benefit them and potentially help them winning this Test match.

Meanwhile Bangladesh should also try to score as many runs as possible and take a big first innings lead themselves as this will benefit them and potentially help them winning this Test match.

Very crucial day tomorrow where wickets will fall and runs will be made.

Getting out 2 times tomorrow...itna pessimestic...:)
lol...
but well played to both teams, both had chances, took them, dropped them - in the end runs on the board and 2 days over, but nowhere near an inning completion...
i feel from here draw is most realistic conclusion.
I am more optimistic of you learning bangla 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Pakistani fielders were standing too ahead.

They should've moved back (4th and 5th slips particularly). Ball probably travelled fast at that distance.
It's difficult to know the bounce and carry of the ball straightaway. Usually WK sets up the distance

Vice captain denting Hamza’s confidence first ball . It would have done wonders for Mir Hamza

Mehidy, Taskin share eight wickets between them to bowl Pakistan out for 274​

Pakistan’s three top-order batters scored half-centuries but the home side managed only 274 all-out on the second day of the second cricket Test against Bangladesh at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on Saturday.

Opener Saim Ayub top-scored with 58, captain Shan Masood chipped in with 57 and Salman Ali Agha contributed 54 as Pakistan’s innings, after being put into bat, folded in 85.1 overs, 16 minutes before stumps on an extended day.

When play ended, Bangladesh were 10 for no loss. Shadman Islam, dropped on the first ball in the fifth slip by Saud Shakeel off Mir Hamza, was on six, while Zakir Hasan had yet to open his account.

The wrecker of Pakistan’s batting was off-spinner Mehidy Hasan Miraz, who registered his 10th five-fer in 45 Tests, finishing with figures of 22.1-2-61-5. He was ably supported by Taskin Ahmed, who celebrated his return to the Test side with figures of 17-2-57-3.

After Saim and Shan had stitched a 107-run second wicket partnership, Pakistan squandered the advantage by losing nine wickets for 167 runs.

Mehidy dismissed both Saim and Shan, and then added the scalps of Khurram Shahzad (12), Mohammad Ali (2) and Abrar Ahmed (9). Taskin, who had removed opener Abdullah Shafique on the sixth ball of the match, picked up the wickets of Saud Shakeel (16) and Salman Ali Agha.

Shakib Al Hasan pinned Babar Azam (31) in front of the wickets, while Nahid Rana completed the tally by accounting for Mohammad Rizwan (29) on one of the deliveries of the day.

Pakistan’s total got some respectability after Salman’s 95-ball innings that included three fours and two sixes. Salman, who had two unsuccessful reviews against him and also survived a dropped catch, had walked out to bat at the score of 179 for five and was the ninth batter out at the total of 274.

Shan was positive and aggressive in his stroke-selection, scoring 57 off 69 balls with two fours, while Saim’s 110-ball innings was a mixture of defence and aggression, as he hit four fours and two sixes. He perished to Mehidy while trying to hit the off-spinner out of the park, 15 runs after Mehidy had trapped Shan in front of the wickets.

Babar Azam faced 77 balls but was a shadow of his brilliance, managing only two fours and a few inside edges passing the leg-stump.

Scores in brief (day 2 of 5)

Pakistan 274 all-out, 85.1 overs (Saim Ayub 58, Shan Masood 57, Salman Ali Agha 54, Babar Azam 31, Mohammad Rizwan 29; Mehidy Hasan Miraz 5-61, Taskin Ahmed 3-57)

Bangladesh 10-0, two overs

Mir Hamza seems an honest, humble, hardworking cricketer. I hope he gets enough chances to play international matches.
Yeah should be given a full chance in next couple of series. Experienced and well toiled bowlers will have much greater control of the lengths and lines

Need guys who can make big scores and centuries. Most of these guys aren’t able. Babar out of form. Masood plays aggressively to hide his technical deficiencies so is always running the clock till he’s gets out. Saim our best batsman so far always find a way to throw it away. Agha you can count on that 30-50 runs reliably from him somehow he seems to always get there but not much more.

Even Saud and Rizwan who have made big scores in recent past are prone to soft dismissals.

We badly need a guy like Babar back in form. This whole top four collectively right now including Babar like this feels worse than just Babar in his prime as a batsman. You need that dependable batsman you can count on, and for all Babar’s faults and overrated or not he was that guy for us.

Back