ODI Debutant
Runs
England have high hopes from him

He has a 360 degree game

Is aggressive

Goes big when gets in

Plays spin will

Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Could be playing a match winning inns in the current test.

Apart from everything that's written in the OP, can I have his domestic / County Career Stats ??

Not everything has to be jinx.

He averages 43 in FC, top score of 282, and 53 in list A top score 220.

Got bucket full of runs near the end of the last county season.

Brilliant talent, has a big future for England in all formats.

England are well ahead of other teams at the moment as far as producing dynamic batsmen are concerned. It is more prevalent in Limited Overs though, they are developing into a fearsome outfit in the shorter formats and it seems like a long-term thing to me, instead of simply going through a purple patch.

Quite remarkable considering how historically mediocre they have been in the shorter formats.

He will be Viru of England test team. Different player but will have similar impact as he can take game away from any opposition on any wicket.

Just a word of caution though - he plays in Div 2 of County Cricket.

This winter will be a baptism of fire for him, he ain't facing any Ravi Ashwins or Jadejas in Div 2 of County.

I think with Ballance looking like he can't buy a run, they'll bring Hameed in to open and put Duckett at 4.

Will be a top cricketer. Meant to be a middle order bat but will complemetn cook well when opening .
Hope he opens in india

He was good while most of the batting line up failed. But long way to go

I remember watching him in England U-19 vs Pak U-19 a few years ago at some County ground or other. He didn't do anything special in that game or series if I recall. Kamran Ghulam on the other hand was smashing it out of the ground.

Not everything has to be jinx.

He averages 43 in FC, top score of 282, and 53 in list A top score 220.

Got bucket full of runs near the end of the last county season.

43 avg in fc and top cricketer? OK.

He knows how to play, bashed Shakib and played him pretty well. He'll do well against Jadeja.

I also remember watching him bat during an U-19 game a couple of years ago. Even back then he looked like an amazing talent and reminded me of Eion Morgan. Definitely has a bright LOI future ahead of him. Haven't seen him bat in longer version so not sure of his technique or patience.

I know one thing is for sure, Ben better not live up to his last name or else he'll be out of the team in no time.

Ashwin will have him for breakfast on the Indian pitches.

Average of 43 in div2 cricket is nothing to get to excited about, even James Vince has averaged over 50 in div2.

Looks more suited for Odi cricket at this point.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1️⃣4️⃣5️⃣ runs <br>1️⃣5️⃣3️⃣ balls <br>2️⃣1️⃣ boundaries <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuckett1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BenDuckett1</a>, take a bow &#55357;&#56399; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LVCountyChamp?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LVCountyChamp</a> <a href="https://t.co/VMePfe2h7o">pic.twitter.com/VMePfe2h7o</a></p>— LV= Insurance County Championship (@CountyChamp) <a href="https://twitter.com/CountyChamp/status/1536404451107405826?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 13, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

One of those guys who opened with Chef then got dropped?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&#55357;&#56495; from 1️⃣ 1️⃣ 3️⃣ balls for <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuckett1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@BenDuckett1</a> &#55357;&#56908; <br><br>Another incredible innings for the Lions.<br><br>Watch live ➡️ <a href="https://t.co/T1Dy2f6qKh">https://t.co/T1Dy2f6qKh</a> <a href="https://t.co/v1vGNsyHYf">pic.twitter.com/v1vGNsyHYf</a></p>— England Cricket (@englandcricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/1557715554160484352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 11, 2022</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Excellent innings from Duckett once again - putting Pak bowlers to the sword

Despite the runs, he doesn’t look that impressive.

He’s decent against spin but he’s trying so hard with many premeditated strokes. Better captains wouldn’t keep feeding him spin in the middle overs until he’s well set.

Pakistani spinners need to find a way to neutralize Duckett's sweeps and paddles

I find it shocking that the Pakistani Team Think Tank has not identified that these are his bread and butter shots. His excellence in playing these shots for 4's has completely nullified our spin attack and is the main reason why we have conceeded 200 plus in the last two games.

WTH does Saqlain even do in the dressing room? Babar we all know is absolutely clueless on the field as captain and he is incapable off thinking on his feet but surely Saqi can send a message to the captain via a messenger between overs.

The spinners have stubbornly persisted with the same line of attack, same flight, pace to Ducket knowing full well how comfortably he is playing the paddle, traditional sweep, reverse sweep, they have not bothered to fire a fast delivery at the stumps Afridi style, they haven't tried going around the wicket to him, Babar hasn't tried an off spinner Iftikhar against him

Pretty shocking stuff all around.

Don’t bowl spin to him

Try and getting Nawaz to bowl out his overs in the PP if possible

One spinner and one Pacer to bowl in tandem in the middle overs.

Last two games have been too predictable in the middle overs with Nawaz and Qadir just going through their motions

Don’t bowl spin to him

Try and getting Nawaz to bowl out his overs in the PP if possible

One spinner and one Pacer to bowl in tandem in the middle overs.

Last two games have been too predictable in the middle overs with Nawaz and Qadir just going through their motions

Spinners can bowl to him but they need to be prepared for his sweeps. We haven't even tried off spin to him. Saving spinners for the end will be disasterous as the rest of the English batting line up plays spin pretty well.

Lekin mein to iklaasic leg spinner hoon.

Leg spinners are mysteriously magnificent. And they are a wet dream of any coaching staff who joins the PCB.

Could try something radical and pick some decent spinner not just someone's mate who would struggle to get a game for his local street team without his connections.

Hits a fifty at run a ball on his comeback tour. Welcome to Pakistan Ben!

Ben Duckett out for 107 - brilliant maiden hundred

Two half centuries for Duckett in this Test.

The first innings knock was aggressive, whereas this one has been more measured and classical.

He’s playing well and justifying his inclusion.

Out for 79.

Excellent contributions in this match from him.

Looks like on flat decks he will do well, be interesting to see how he handles moving ball and extra bounce in wickets.

Hes looked decent here.

How Ben Duckett mastered Pakistani spinners in the 2nd Test

This guy has played the traditional, reverse sweep at will of all our spinners for like a good ten games in a row.

Its like our captain, bowlers, coaches have surrendered to him. The captain has not found a solution in the field and the bowlers have not found a solution to that shot.

Saqlain, Yousaf and Tait have not found any solution either. Do you think Australia would allow Ducket to sweep their spinners at will for ten games in a row?

clear the rut, it will be 3-0 as predicted lost patience on this team now

He has not even been their best player of spin on this tour. Brook has owned Pakistani spinners and Pope has played them better than Duckett too which is surprising because Pope is generally not the greatest player of spin.. Duckett has got out thrice to spin.

Wonder if he opens with Crawley in England as well. Not many Tests to go between now and then. I’d say he has earned the chance.

England batter Duckett signs new deal with Notts

Nottinghamshire have announced that England batter Ben Duckett has signed a new three-year deal at Trent Bridge.

The 28-year-old won an international recall for England's T20 and Test tours of Pakistan this winter after a season in which he struck 1,408 runs across all competitions for his county.

Duckett made some impressive contributions in the 4-3 series win over Pakistan in the sprint format and has taken that into the Tests, returning to the top of the order to hit scores of 107, 63 and 79.

Duckett said: "The last two years have been very encouraging for us as a red-ball side, and to be part of that progression is really pleasing. I feel like my game is in a good place, which I suppose is largely the result of so much hard work over the last three or four years working on my technique, and leaning on the support of coaches at Notts."

Meanwhile, Notts club captain Steven Mullaney, 36, has signed a new two-year contract until the conclusion of the 2024 season.

Has a big role to play tomorrow morning.

Can’t get out in the first half hour otherwise England could find themselves under pressure.

Another 50 for Duckett - what a series for him.

Will be interesting to see how he plays the moving ball in England

Or the fast turning paced bounced pitches of India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. I am not convinced he will be able to get away with blindly sweeping and reverse sweeping the ball in those conditions and against those quality of spinners.

He’s certainly made himself difficult to drop with this series performance.

Interested to see how he gets on away from the subcontinent, where his super sweeping and low centre have gravity have proven invaluable.

Looks like he will be there at the end.

He has been quietly brilliant all tour.

First the T20s and now the Test series.

England batter Ben Duckett says he is hoping for a "niggly" Ashes series this summer.

The 28-year-old made his Test debut in 2016 but returned to the side for the 2022 winter series against Pakistan and New Zealand.

After impressive stints as an attacking opener, Duckett is in line for his first Ashes series, which starts on 16 June at Edgbaston.

"It's so positive that there is so much noise around the series," he said.

England have reignited their Test form in the last 12 months with an aggressive and entertaining approach that has seen captain Ben Stokes win 10 of his 12 matches in charge.

And Duckett said their style has played a big part in the anticipation surrounding the upcoming Ashes.

"I think people are seeing it as England having a huge chance to turn the Aussies over," Duckett told BBC Sport.

"The way we played in the winter, and then with their good form, it makes it really exciting.

"If I get the nod for an Ashes series, I'll be over the moon."

Australia are the number one ranked side in the world and will play the World Test Championship final at The Oval before the first Ashes Test.

But England bowler Ollie Robinson has said England could give them "a good hiding" in home conditions.

And Duckett added: "He is one of the best bowlers in the world at the moment and he'll back himself to get any of them [Australia] out on any day.

"I hope it's one of those niggly series'. Lots of players play with each other around the world now in franchise cricket so it's a tad more friendly than it was 10 or 15 years ago, but I can't imagine that they're going to come in and be friendly to us.

"I'm sure, as the next few months go on, there will be a lot more chat around it and I'm sure the Aussies will be giving an answer to what he [Robinson] said."

Stokes, currently at the Indian Premier League with Chennai Super Kings, said in an interview with Sky Sports that England's approach will not change during the series, regardless of the score or situation.

Duckett also believed their fearless brand of cricket will give England the "best chance" of success.

"I'll leave the declarations and decision-making to him because he's gone alright with it so far," added the Nottinghamshire player.

"Australia are probably the best bowling attack in the world, but we'll have our methods of scoring against them and it won't be dissimilar to what you saw from us over the winter."

Duckett starred at the top of the order during the winter, scoring his maiden Test century in the first Test against Pakistan at Rawalpindi and adding four further scores of more than 50 in the following four matches.

But despite the difference in conditions in England, Duckett was confident of sticking with his attacking mindset.

"You do have to adjust to different pitches and bowling attacks, but the way I play is the same," he said.

"I've been allowed to go and do that under Stokesy and Baz [McCullum] and in my opinion, that's why I've had the success that I have.

"I've been able to go out and play freely, always look to score and put the pressure back on the bowlers - and I will continue to do that."

BBC

'Duckett reminds me of Trescothick

Sky Sports Cricket's Kumar Sangakkara...

"It was absolute dominance from the start, in terms of how they bowled - led by Stuart Broad - and then, having dismissed Ireland for that low score, to come out and bat the way they did, is just what they would have wanted.

"Especially Ben Duckett, he looked compact, organised. He reminds me a bit of Marcus Trescothick. Of course he's a different stature, but it's that base he has, he gets into really good positions on the front and back foot - that transfer of weight.

"He knows the areas he wants to score, and he's good against the short ball as well. He has looked the part and I think England have found someone to open for the long term."

Duckett out for a brilliant 182 (178)! Bazball at it's best.

50 for Duckett - good batting conditions but you still have to make opportunities count - which he has done

Unlucky but played well for England - out for 98 Duckett

Duckett eager to take his chance as England reset white-ball side

Twenty months and two days after the end of the Test series in West Indies that marked the start of England’s complete red-ball rethink, they returned to the Caribbean for the start of a new white-ball era. A new episode and a new hope – if not for the team’s short-suffering fans, who might have just seen their side flop at one World Cup but still have vivid memories of them winning another two, then certainly for those players who, for all their talent, had seen a successful side become a fortress, almost impossible to break into.

“It’s probably been the greatest white-ball team. What they’ve achieved over the past eight years has been incredible,” said Ben Duckett. “It’s been tough at times to not be able to get a go but we’ve got so many amazing players out here who have now got an opportunity to go out and show what they can do.

“I’ve been around and not around the white-ball group for the past however many years and I’m just buzzing to get a go.”

On several occasions in India England fielded a side composed of players in their 30s, but on Sunday there can be no more than two. At 29, Duckett is the third oldest member of the one-day squad, but has played only eight games for his country in the format. He has never doubted his ability to consistently perform in white-ball cricket at the highest level, only whether he would ever get the chance. “There’s probably 15 or 20 players who can say the same thing – it’s as simple as it’s been impossible to break into that team,” he said.

For all the fresh faces dictionarists can rest easy: the opening encounter looks likely to be the start of a very gentle revolution. The process of renewal in a team that, despite the mistakes and misery of a World Cup campaign that ended less than three weeks ago, remains under the leadership of Matthew Mott and Jos Buttler is unlikely to inspire any neologisms in the Bazball mould.

“I don’t think there’s going to be a new approach because of how the World Cup went,” Duckett said. “If they won that World Cup, the same group of players might have been here. They had guys who were potentially in their late 30s and coming towards the end of their 50-over careers, so it seemed like there was always going to be a fresh start after it. We’re just a group of players who can go and showcase what we can do.”

Over the next three weeks, in three ODIs and five T20s on four islands, England hope to recreate in figurative form the journey their players undertook on Tuesday, from England’s wintry darkness to Antigua’s breezy sunshine. Only a handful of players are nursing World Cup hangovers – six members of the squad in India are available for this ODI series, rising to nine for the 20-over games that follow – but the context is lost on no one.

“I watched every England game and it was tough to watch at times,” Duckett said of the World Cup. “I’m watching mates go out there and struggle. It was really difficult. I was playing with them a few weeks before, so it was tough. But we have watched how England have played over the past eight years and one bad five weeks does not define a team.

“If we can go and play how they have played over the past eight years, or even half as good, that will be an achievement. We know how they want to play their cricket and it seems the guys they have picked going into this, the young talent, they go and smack it for their counties and I’m sure they are going to do the same here.”

West Indies will not replace the 32-year-old wicketkeeper Shane Dowrich who, three days before what was due to be his first international appearance in nearly three years and 10 days after he was recalled to the squad, announced he was retiring from international cricket.

“We respect his decision to retire and appreciate it is not an easy one to make,” said their director of cricket, Miles Bascombe. Dowrich remains in legal dispute with Cricket West Indies over the reasons for his failure to be awarded a central contract in 2021.
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

Ben Duckett has improved his game a lot over the years. First, he made it to the Ashes in 2023 and is now also a part of the ODI side. Bravo! In my opinion, the PSL has played a huge role in making him a good player.

The upcoming five-match Test series between England and India is generating considerable discussion, particularly regarding the showdown between India's renowned spin attack and the English batsmen. England opener Ben Duckett emphasized that they anticipate formidable challenges not only from India's spinners but also from the host team's fast bowlers.

In the previous India tour in 2021, England secured victory in the opening match held in Chennai.

Duckett and his struggle against Right Arm Off-spinner, Ashwin.

Duckett vs Ashwin (after today's dismissal)

4 innings
48 balls
17 runs
4 dismissals

50 for Duckett and it's come in just 39 deliveries aginst India in the 3rd test match. Truly bazball stuff from him so far. His inning included 12 boundaries. Brilliant.

I actually thought he started off really badly in the first few overs and kept playing golf shots, but since he got his eye in this has been absolutely scintillating for 50 odd.

I actually thought he started off really badly in the first few overs and kept playing golf shots, but since he got his eye in this has been absolutely scintillating for 50 odd.
He is looking pretty comfortable out there now. Heading towards a 100.

That's the most fascinating thing about him for me. He plays some of the most agricultural cuts and shots sometimes that you think he's going to be out any minute. And yet it never seems to faze him. He still manages to score confidently and quickly and stick to his style of play.

Still remember when he came to India in 2016 and he was basically a walking wicket and Ashwin's bunny.

What a turnaround as he inches closer to a famous century.

Third test hundred for Ben Duckett

Ben Duckett is brutally dominating the Indian bowlers by playing sweeps, reverse-sweeps continuosly.

Ben Duckett becomes the fastest Englishman to score a Test century against India.

mWUHDm8.jpg

Last edited:
One of the best sweepers of the ball in world cricket. What an audacious batsman

England pacer Mark Wood told the media after the Day 2 stumps of the third Test against India, when asked about Duckett's third Test century:

"He played with real bravery. To be that far behind in the game and go out and play like that showed real bravery and skill."

"The way India changed the field and then he'd hit it somewhere else, it was such a skillful innings against a good attack. He's a nightmare to bowl (to) at the nets; we try to get him to leave one but he never leaves any."

"Maybe, he hasn't gotten the accolades that he would like with big scores, but this was his day and it was amazing to watch."

"It's a rapid outfield and we certainly felt it was tough to contain, and Ducky (Duckett) really took it on and played in an aggressive fashion to put the pressure back on India."

Back