Can Rahul Gandhi become the next Prime Minister of India?

Can Rahul Gandhi become the Indian PM in Future?

• Total voters
Forget Modi, we know he's a coward with regards to interacting with people. He doesn't have a personality and is helpless without a teleprompter.

Atleast have the most articulate BJP rep debate a Congress representative, people who can actually debate policy.

I nominate Shashi Tharoor vs Piyush Goyal or Manish Tewari vs Swapan DasGupta.

Lol it seems you've skimmed through my post, reacting sharply and typing furiously. I specifically mentioned setting aside the discussion on the PM candidacy to focus on Feku's performance in a debate. Next time, before quoting me, please take the time to read my entire post to avoid wasting both of our time. :inti

Calm down...take a deep breath as you are confusing between posters. You have never mentioned the 'bolded statements' in our discussion i.e interaction between me and you. You must have said it to someone else but not to me. I don't take responsibility or read all posts to track your conversation with others. So don't act all surprised.

Just imagine the kind of people who edit out the first part of the question, just so they can push a pappu agenda. It's kinda sad. These are the people who will take selfies of themselves crying at their father's funeral.

Now if you want to include his late father and put an emotional angle, there is not much I can say. However, pls remember how much hatred you guys spread on Modi's mother.

Btw, why did Congress got alliance with DMK when the later was indirectly involved in killing of Rajiv Gandhi?

Now if you want to include his late father and put an emotional angle, there is not much I can say. However, pls remember how much hatred you guys spread on Modi's mother.

Btw, why did Congress got alliance with DMK when the later was indirectly involved in killing of Rajiv Gandhi?
Who is spreading hatred towards Modi's mother, and why? Was she a politician?

Maybe you are confusing it with some individuals who criticized Modi for not shaving his head following his mother's passing.

Tejashwi Yadav defends Lalu Yadav's over 'Modi not true Hindu' jab: 'Got daughter's mundan done'​

Lalu Yadav earlier this week said Modi was not a true Hindu because he didn't tonsure his head after his mother passed away.​

Patna: RJD leader Tejashwi Yadav on Tuesday reacted to the row triggered by his father Lalu Yadav's ‘no family’ jibe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi, saying the Bharatiya Janata Party is trying to divert attention with its 'Modi ka Parivaar' rhetoric.

Lalu Yadav earlier this week said Modi was not a true Hindu because he didn't tonsure his head after his mother passed away. He also said that Modi had no family. In response to the personal attack, several BJP leaders added 'Modi ka Parivaar' suffix on their social media account names to show solidarity with the Prime Minister.

Tejashwi Yadav today said that he is glad to know that his father Lalu Yadav had such an impact on the BJP.

"I am glad that the words of Lalu ji have so much impact. But what about issues like poverty and unemployment that he had raised? He spoke of so many things," he was quoted as saying by PTI.

Tejashwi Yadav said if PM Modi treats the entire nation as his family, why his government crushed the farmers' protests near Delhi.

Or those who called him a showoff when he met her mother on her 100th birthday?

^^ So basically Laloo Yadav is taking a political jibe by calling Modi not real hindu at the expense of his late mother and you are boasting it by posting here. Wow so classy.

I understand you got owned royally in this thread today since it was sunday and I had loads of free time. Hence typing out of frustration by sometime bringing in Kejriwal, sometime Lalloo Yadav etc. It is called desperation and I am well aware how to make you guys desperate. 😂

Yes Modi is not true hindu and that is why he fasted for 14 days, slept in the floor with Satanatanis during Ram Mandir inauguration. But Lalloo Yadav is true hindu bcoz he is advocating for reservations for muslims.

Sometimes hypocrisy baffles me 😂😂

^^ So basically Laloo Yadav is taking a political jibe by calling Modi not real hindu at the expense of his late mother and you are boasting it by posting here. Wow so classy.

I understand you got owned royally in this thread today since it was sunday and I had loads of free time. Hence typing out of frustration by sometime bringing in Kejriwal, sometime Lalloo Yadav etc. It is called desperation and I am well aware how to make you guys desperate. 😂

Yes Modi is not true hindu and that is why he fasted for 14 days, slept in the floor with Satanatanis during Ram Mandir inauguration. But Lalloo Yadav is true hindu bcoz he is advocating for reservations for muslims.

Sometimes hypocrisy baffles me 😂😂
Calm down, take a deep breath, and don't shoot the messenger. I shared an article and a video with you. You should thank me for bringing it to your attention since you look for genuine news and other content from Indians living in India. Although you sometimes post fake material to push your agenda.

As for your claim of "owning" me, I can only chuckle, much like I do at feku's speeches these days. The reality is, when you're running out of arguments, you resort to immature remarks like 'hey, you got royally owned, blah blah.' Remember, repeating a lie a hundred times won't make it true. Also, it's not 'satanatanis,' it's 'sanatanis.' Angrezi andhbhakht. :inti

Forget Modi, we know he's a coward with regards to interacting with people. He doesn't have a personality and is helpless without a teleprompter.

Atleast have the most articulate BJP rep debate a Congress representative, people who can actually debate policy.

Did you really type congress and debate and policy decisions all in the same post ?

Maybe by debate you meant a shouting match and who can hurl abuses and insults louder and more effectively? Which is what the Congress minnions here do 24/7 ?

I repeat again ... Iam yet to find a single matured individual who will properly debate at length without getting bent out of shape in a Matter of few posts and start to troll/abuse.

Not one single person! Disgraceful lot.

Did you really type congress and debate and policy decisions all in the same post ?

Maybe by debate you meant a shouting match and who can hurl abuses and insults louder and more effectively? Which is what the Congress minnions here do 24/7 ?

I repeat again ... Iam yet to find a single matured individual who will properly debate at length without getting bent out of shape in a Matter of few posts and start to troll/abuse.

Not one single person! Disgraceful lot.

Name them and shame them, because I haven't seen any.

BJP supporters on here are less likely to argue with substance and to the point, which is why we call them bhakts. A blind devotion to one man. To one cult leader.

Name them and shame them, because I haven't seen any.

You havent seen ? Take your own example. In no time you resort to insults put downs and trolling.

Want to try one more time?

Are you really saying that people like MP2011, pillionrider, bvb etc are actually interested in a meaningful discussion? There is a better chance of the taliban being interested in peace and nonviolence than these abominable posters.

BJP supporters on here are less likely to argue with substance and to the point, which is why we call them bhakts. A blind devotion to one man. To one cult leader.

Show me some posts of mine that were factually and/or logically incorrect.

Ditto for cricketjoshila, cricketcartoons and few others.

Yeah only that it is much worst and scarier when you and others.are willing to hand the keys to the country to a child with a 5 year old's brain.

Exactly. And then to top it off he says that there is no substance in arguments made by the BJP supporters !! Like kuch bhi

lol I have no interest in spinning any emotional angle to try and get any sympathy for Rahulg, least of all from the bhakts. I am showing you and everyone here that you lied, either deliberately or as part of your continued ignorance.

The question was pointedly asked to him about his father's death. And the BJP IT cell are so low, they clipped it to make it look like he was asked an 'out of syllabus' question. It also helped that the lady used the word "stumped".

And those third-class bhakts sitting there - who turn up at every Rahulg international interaction - who started the cheap claps lol, you can only pity their pathetic lives. They heard exactly the sequence and context but are only there to try and embarrass him.

Here's the full video. I've set it to the bit in question, where you can clearly see her ask him directly about his father's killing. Posting this from the official Cambridge channel because my earlier video was not clear enough. In case you simply don't know or are trying to wriggle out :dhoni, here's the proper sequence of the moment

I have seen Rahulg talk about the moment he heard about Prabhakaran's death and how he felt shocked and embarassed that he didn't feel a sense of victory. And rather started thinking about the lives of the kids and families of the dead LTTE leaders, because he had already lived through the experience, but from the other side.

It's the closest he has got to and the best one should expect from him to sort of admit that maybe his father didn't deal with the Sri Lankan Tamil situation as fairly as he should have. He has also similarly said in an interview to Ravish Kumar (2019) that what happened to the Sikhs in '84 was wrong and those responsible and walking around free must be punished.

It's hard for bhakts to understand this because their leader only lies and lies some more. And doesn't even have the guts to face a press conference, let alone admit his lies and mistakes, forget the mistakes made by his party in the past.

Are you really saying that people like MP2011, pillionrider, bvb etc are actually interested in a meaningful discussion? There is a better chance of the taliban being interested in peace and nonviolence than these abominable posters.

hahaha omggg bhakts talking of meaningful discussions.

It also doesn't help that bhakts try and sound educated and clever using ridiculous phrases like "gap between the keyboard and yourself" or some nonsense like that :dhoni

Are you suggesting a debate between Feku and Sonia Gandhi? Maybe there's a misunderstanding. What we're seeking is a robust exchange between Rahul Gandhi/Kejriwal and Feku. It's easy to speak while reading from a teleprompter, but engaging in a direct debate with another politician is a different story. Let's put aside the PM candidacy and urge Feku to debate Rahul or Kejriwal. :rabada2

And if certain emojis really bother you, maybe consider refraining from posting here and seek solace elsewhere. :inti
Pappu gandhi is not the PM candidate so jot sure why he should be suggesting a debate. The Congress doesn't have a pm candidate. If any - pappu Gandhi should debate woth smriti irani.. can guarantee you she will be totally up for it 😂
Presuming Congress will evn be the opposition seat leader is a fallacy. And ind is not a binary party system like the USA. Dozens of parties compete. Let pappu debate with smriti- that will be good. You want a robust debate between a non pm candidate ve the PM candidate. Alright dude - makes sense totally😂

Not giving a non entity like pappu Gandhi prime time space is an electoral tactic. Trump never took part in any Republican debate this year- yet he overwhelmingly won. He didn't want to give others a platform with him and give them publicity. And again these are presidential candidates not some local municipal mayors. Like an MP vs PM in Ind.

Well clapping for you man, you are quoting to my the verdict of a supreme court which is nothing but a dummy institution that parrot the policies of BJP government, that give clean sheet to Modi in Gujrat riots, that declared Ladakh and Akshai Chin a part of India although its in China's control.

Also if you have followed the results of many big leaders like Richard Nixon and FDR etc you would notice that after just one term in office they won the next elections by landslide and here your mr 56' inch chest keeps bragging about 400 par and now can't even cross 350 mark but still i am wrong to bring it here although its your Feku who brought this first into the common discourse.

This supreme court is in India, a functional democracy and not in Pakistan, where army boots rule over everything.

Indian democracy and constitutional bodies are not required to get certificates from our neighbours.

Pakistanis hate Modi. And that's one of the reasons to believe he is doing something good for India.

Pappu gandhi is not the PM candidate so jot sure why he should be suggesting a debate. The Congress doesn't have a pm candidate. If any - pappu Gandhi should debate woth smriti irani.. can guarantee you she will be totally up for it 😂
Presuming Congress will evn be the opposition seat leader is a fallacy. And ind is not a binary party system like the USA. Dozens of parties compete. Let pappu debate with smriti- that will be good. You want a robust debate between a non pm candidate ve the PM candidate. Alright dude - makes sense totally😂

Not giving a non entity like pappu Gandhi prime time space is an electoral tactic. Trump never took part in any Republican debate this year- yet he overwhelmingly won. He didn't want to give others a platform with him and give them publicity. And again these are presidential candidates not some local municipal mayors. Like an MP vs PM in Ind.
Firstly, Rahul Gandhi was not the one who suggested this debate; he was invited by two former judges and a journalist. Secondly, there is nothing wrong with engaging in a healthy debate where parties can elucidate their visions to the public. As I mentioned earlier, let's set aside the PM candidacy and focus on the debate. And we all know that regardless of his opponent, feku tends to avoid debates. He is chickening out. :inti

After two former judges and a senior journalist invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi to a public debate, the Congress leader Saturday said that he or party chief Mallikarjun Kharge would be pleased to participate.

Gandhi said he and Kharge agreed “such a debate will help people understand our respective vision”.
“It is also critical to put to rest any unsubstantiated allegations attributed to our respective parties…. Accordingly, either myself or the Congress President would be pleased to participate in such a debate,” he said in his letter to former SC judge Madan B Lokur, former HC Chief Justice AP Shah and journalist N Ram.

Why do pakistanis hate Modi?
Because they believe he had a hand in not stopping the Gujarat riots when he could. They don't believe in Indian courts. They also believe he is responsible for the 'unfair' treatment Indian Muslims are receiving since BJP came into power. Add to that, Ram Mandir and those surgical strikes which they believe are fake.

You havent seen ? Take your own example. In no time you resort to insults put downs and trolling.

Want to try one more time?

Show me some posts of mine that were factually and/or logically incorrect.

Ditto for cricketjoshila, cricketcartoons and few others.
The post I am quoting now is logically incorrect. 😆

You spend more time whining and complaining than posting relevant content. :rabada2

This post of yours is adding nothing to the topic at hand. I hope mods will see that and take an action. :inti

This supreme court is in India, a functional democracy and not in Pakistan, where army boots rule over everything.

Indian democracy and constitutional bodies are not required to get certificates from our neighbours.

Pakistanis hate Modi. And that's one of the reasons to believe he is doing something good for India.

Brother @The Bald Eagle was saying EVMs are tampered in India bcoz Akash Banerjee said so in his youtube channel and supreme court is lying.

:uakmal

Just imagine the kind of people who edit out the first part of the question, just so they can push a pappu agenda. It's kinda sad. These are the people who will take selfies of themselves crying at their father's funeral.

Bhakts are so pathetic.

hahaha omggg bhakts talking of meaningful discussions.

It also doesn't help that bhakts try and sound educated and clever using ridiculous phrases like "gap between the keyboard and yourself" or some nonsense like that :dhoni
Bhakts and sense? Irony just died thousand deaths.

Firstly, Rahul Gandhi was not the one who suggested this debate; he was invited by two former judges and a journalist. Secondly, there is nothing wrong with engaging in a healthy debate where parties can elucidate their visions to the public. As I mentioned earlier, let's set aside the PM candidacy and focus on the debate. And we all know that regardless of his opponent, feku tends to avoid debates. He is chickening out. :inti

feku knows nothing about everything under the sun so don't know why are andhbhakts getting hot under the collar. However, if you want to abuse someone, no one can beat feku.

Good points but still even If Modi g is a teleprompter guy he would have no trouble in defeating a "5 year old child" like RaGa as some guys suggested here.

Let them have debate and expose each other, if modi is scared then let Mota bhi have a debate with him. Although your suggestion of debate between articulate fellows is commendable

Good points but still even If Modi g is a teleprompter guy he would have no trouble in defeating a "5 year old child" like RaGa as some guys suggested here.

Let them have debate and expose each other, if modi is scared then let Mota bhi have a debate with him. Although your suggestion of debate between articulate fellows is commendable
One interview with Arnab Goswami did a lot of damage to Rahul's political career.

Remember he was viewed as smart young chap prior to that and considered as a next gen leader. That interview with Goswami where he couldn't stich a sentence together did a lot of harm to his reputation. His 'Pappu' image started from that interview and it never left him.

Why you want him to face Modi in a debate and damage his career more? :ROFLMAO:

One interview with Arnab Goswami did a lot of damage to Rahul's political career.

Remember he was viewed as smart young chap prior to that and considered as a next gen leader. That interview with Goswami where he couldn't stich a sentence together did a lot of harm to his reputation. His 'Pappu' image started from that interview and it never left him.

Lol...bro then let Modi deliver him an knockout blow and say "gaya..khatam...tata..bye bye" :ROFLMAO: . What's the big deal then bro let's have more fun.

Lol...bro then let Modi deliver him an knockout blow and say "gaya..khatam...tata..bye bye" :ROFLMAO: . What's the big deal then bro let's have more fun.
Lets do it bro. Who in your mind should be moderator of that debate? You options are:

1. Arnab Goswami

2. Rajdeep Sardesai

3. Navika Kumar

4. Ravish Kumar

:kp

Because Rahul Gandhi watched Feku's interview with Karan Thapar, where Feku abruptly left in the middle of the interview. 😆 :inti

The Feku look-alike is more likely to win debates than the real Feku because he doesn't need a teleprompter. :misbah :inti

Because Rahul Gandhi watched Feku's interview with Karan Thapar, where Feku abruptly left in the middle of the interview. 😆 :inti

The Feku look-alike is more likely to win debates than the real Feku because he doesn't need a teleprompter. :misbah :inti

Doesn't look much like the real man.

Because they believe he had a hand in not stopping the Gujarat riots when he could. They don't believe in Indian courts. They also believe he is responsible for the 'unfair' treatment Indian Muslims are receiving since BJP came into power. Add to that, Ram Mandir and those surgical strikes which they believe are fake.

Hindu Muslim riots have been happening for centuries. Did they not read history?

Hindu Muslim riots have been happening for centuries. Did they not read history?
You can't make people change their views. Personally, I don't care what they believe. You ask them, most of them will say both 9/11 and Mumbai Attacks were inside jobs. Not worth arguing.

Lets do it bro. Who in your mind should be moderator of that debate? You options are:

1. Arnab Goswami

2. Rajdeep Sardesai

3. Navika Kumar

4. Ravish Kumar

:kp
For the debate moderator, Amit Shah is my choice. That way, Modi will have to tackle all questions and arguments on his own. :kp :inti

YES Puppu will provide 30 lakh jobs, when he himself has never had a proper job..

Puppu or bust for me. Remember the name on June the 4th Puppu will be PM.

Italy will rule Indians mighty and proud..

YES Puppu will provide 30 lakh jobs, when he himself has never had a proper job..

Puppu or bust for me. Remember the name on June the 4th Puppu will be PM.

Italy will rule Indians mighty and proud..
Doesn't make any sense. From where did Italy come into this? Are you alright Kangaroo uncle? :inti

Doesn't make any sense. From where did Italy come into this? Are you alright Kangaroo uncle? :inti
I am with you pseudo.

It is Puppu or bust.

Will you be joining me and the cycle rider on the 4th of June to witness Italian Ammayis' son be announced the new PM :inti

I am with you pseudo.

It is Puppu or bust.

Will you be joining me and the cycle rider on the 4th of June to witness Italian Ammayis' son be announced the new PM :inti
Didn't your partner @Rajdeep mention that Rahul Gandhi isn't running for PM? If he were, then Feku should agree to debate him. :inti

The PM doesn't get booked because fools like you and 5 year olds like our Puppu are main accusers aka no one takes those donkeys seriously :inti :LOL:
Real donkeys are those who idolize feku as if he's their true father figure. You are certainly one of them. :misbah :inti

That is ludacris, why would the PM give a knock out blow to his number 1 campaigner. Every time our 5 year old opens his mouth, BJP gets more votes 😄

Kejiwal can rip PM Modi all he wants no issues there, as long as he keeps doing fraud, he will most likely reside in Tihar jail.

:inti
Fraud? Let's wait for the ED to prove it in court first. In the meantime, enjoy this video and perhaps light up an agarbatti for Feku. :inti

Fraud? Let's wait for the ED to prove it in court first. In the meantime, enjoy this video and perhaps light up an agarbatti for Feku. :inti

Your little video don't change the fact that Kejir will be back in jail soon

4th of June, book it, Puppu will be PM..

:inti

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats a Old video when he was GJ CM where he shuts down the disgraceful Rajdeep... can you show me a teleprompter there?

And You think RahulG can handle a press conf like that without Jai Ram ramesh by his side coaching him in realtime?

Thats a Old video when he was GJ CM where he shuts down the disgraceful Rajdeep... can you show me a teleprompter there?

And You think RahulG can handle a press conf like that without Jai Ram ramesh by his side coaching him in realtime?

Who cares about old videos when he was a regional polician in an RSS state and not many people knew about him ? He became a coward when the national spotlight was put on him.

Even in the old days, everbody saw how Modi ran away from an actual proper interviewer - Karan Thapar.

@Rajdeep @deltexas and other indian friends you guys believe Indian court is a validation authority, OK fine but what about the German SC which has striked down electronic voting as an invalid method and as far i know they rank above indian judiciary in global ranking of judiciaries so even if we let go the biasness of Indian SC then how would you counter this guys? Also EVM is considered susceptible in US too and VOA had a great documentary on it too.
====
Earlier this year, there was an important legal dispute in Germany, about whether electronic voting machines were legal for use in German government elections. The dispute was decided by the German Constitutional Court (similar to the U.S. Supreme Court), and the short answer was "no." Now, we have available an official English translation of the ruling. As I had been told before, the ruling really does seem to ban any kind of computing equipment from being used in German elections. The legal reasoning was interesting enough that I thought I'd share one reflection on it. The basis for the ruling was the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany (similar in function to the U.S. Constitution) and the principle that "all essential steps in the elections are subject to public examinability." Extending this notion of examinability to electronic voting:

When electronic voting machines are deployed, it must be possible for the citizen to check the essential steps in the election act and in the ascertainment of the results reliably and without special expert knowledge.
Given that basis in law, why is it that "electronic voting machines" may not be used? At the risk of oversimplifying the ruling, I would say that the reason is this: "electronic voting machines" are computers that, like all computers, are essentially opaque to citizens who do not have "special expert knowledge" about computers. The judgment has -- as it should -- many specific examples of current voting-machine operations that are opaque. But as I look at these specifics, I see a more general point: any kind of computing system would fail the basic test of whether any ordinary citizen (without expert knowledge) could examine the system to see whether it is operating correctly.

@The Bald Eagle which is better method to pay and where you are more likely to get robbed? By cash or online transaction?

Same is the case for voting. I know you are deeply upset that people of India is not selecting this clown as their PM and embrassingly want to blame the voting machines for it. However, in the past there had been regular cases of booth capture in India. Some parties like CPM, Samajwadi or even TMC used to hire their gunda's in every election booth and throw away the ballot boxes in river or destroy them where there was a higher chance of them losing. To stop all those hooliganism, an automated way of vote capture has been adopted...so that people'a voice can be heard.

Now opposition wants to cry foul bcoz people of India don't vote for them anymore and rather than addressing their drawbacks, they take the easier route to blame the technology. Naach na jaane...aangan teda as they say.

BTW, I thought opposition is winning this election as chamchas here were doing bhangra after first round. Now suddenly EVMs being discussed again. Is that a sign of opposition knows they are losing??

@Rajdeep @deltexas and other indian friends you guys believe Indian court is a validation authority, OK fine but what about the German SC which has striked down electronic voting as an invalid method and as far i know they rank above indian judiciary in global ranking of judiciaries so even if we let go the biasness of Indian SC then how would you counter this guys? Also EVM is considered susceptible in US too and VOA had a great documentary on it too.
====
Earlier this year, there was an important legal dispute in Germany, about whether electronic voting machines were legal for use in German government elections. The dispute was decided by the German Constitutional Court (similar to the U.S. Supreme Court), and the short answer was "no." Now, we have available an official English translation of the ruling. As I had been told before, the ruling really does seem to ban any kind of computing equipment from being used in German elections. The legal reasoning was interesting enough that I thought I'd share one reflection on it. The basis for the ruling was the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany (similar in function to the U.S. Constitution) and the principle that "all essential steps in the elections are subject to public examinability." Extending this notion of examinability to electronic voting:

Given that basis in law, why is it that "electronic voting machines" may not be used? At the risk of oversimplifying the ruling, I would say that the reason is this: "electronic voting machines" are computers that, like all computers, are essentially opaque to citizens who do not have "special expert knowledge" about computers. The judgment has -- as it should -- many specific examples of current voting-machine operations that are opaque. But as I look at these specifics, I see a more general point: any kind of computing system would fail the basic test of whether any ordinary citizen (without expert knowledge) could examine the system to see whether it is operating correctly.

I agree with this. EVMs alone are risky.

Thankfully, there is an additional paper printout for each vote cast electronically that is dropped into a box. This can be counted later if doubts arise. It's called VVPAT.

Is India the only country with this dual ballot system I wonder.

I agree with this. EVMs alone are risky.

Thankfully, there is an additional paper printout for each vote cast electronically that is dropped into a box. This can be counted later if doubts arise. It's called VVPAT.

Is India the only country with this dual ballot system I wonder.

====

EVMs are the most reliable. The paper ballots had so many issues of vote tampering, pool booth capture by thugs, missing ballots etc. Those things are a thing of the past now. And EVMs are still the best - and my opinion will be the same even under the extraordinary event of Modi losing the elections. Similar thing in the US . EVMS are most reliable. Trump was stupidly against it - he asked his supporters not to mail in the votes - he could have actually won if he was positive about it.

Rahul will win it for sure
====
Battle of Prestige in Rae Bareli: Will Rahul Gandhi win or BJP's Dinesh Pratap pull off an upset?

While the Congress has played it safe by fielding Rahul Gandhi from the seat at the last minute, the BJP has went the 'wounded lion' route by repeating Dinesh Pratap Singh's ticket from the seat.

While the Congress has played it safe by fielding Rahul Gandhi from the seat at the last minute, the BJP has gone the 'wounded lion' route by repeating Dinesh Pratap Singh's ticket from the seat. Notably, Rahul Gandhi chose to contest from Rae Bareli as a safe seat after the polling in Kerala's Wayanad got over.

The seat has been a Congress bastion since 1999 when Captain Satish Sharma won from the seat only to hand it over to Sonia Gandhi in 2004. Sonia Gandhi won from Rae Bareli for the first time in 2004 by a margin of more than 2.49 lakh votes.

In the 2009 general elections, she won with an even bigger margin of more than 3.52 lakh votes. She secured over 4.81 lakh votes whereas Bahujan Samaj Party's RS Kushwaha emerged a distant second with only 1.09 lakh votes. The former Congress national president managed to retain her tally in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.

While Sonia Gandhi did the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from Rae Bareli, her winning margins declined massively. Gandhi won the seat by merely a little over 1.5 lakh votes. Her opponent Dinesh Pratap Singh managed to make significant inroads as he secured over 3.67 lakh votes.

Why has Sonia Gandhi's winning margin reduced?

While commenting on the reduction in Sonia Gandhi's winning margins, BJP MLA from Raebareli Sadar Aditi Singh said in an exclusive conversation with news agency ANI that both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi have been dismal in maintaining a connect with the constituency.

She added that the only time Gandhi family ever comes to Rae Bareli is when they have to file the nomination papers for elections. "In Rae Bareli also, Sonia Gandhi's margin has been decreasing, it's been diminishing election after election. Last election, it was 1 lakh something. It's just been dwindling down and Rahul Gandhi eventually just lost Amethi," Aditi Singh said.

Soon after Rahul Gandhi's candidature from Rae Bareli was announced, Singh said that Sonia Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra have betrayed the people of the constituency. He said that neither Priyanka Gandhi Vadra nor Sonia Gandhi have met the people of Rae Bareli for the last 10 years.

Source: Business Today

Rahul will win it for sure
====
Battle of Prestige in Rae Bareli: Will Rahul Gandhi win or BJP's Dinesh Pratap pull off an upset?

While the Congress has played it safe by fielding Rahul Gandhi from the seat at the last minute, the BJP has went the 'wounded lion' route by repeating Dinesh Pratap Singh's ticket from the seat.

While the Congress has played it safe by fielding Rahul Gandhi from the seat at the last minute, the BJP has gone the 'wounded lion' route by repeating Dinesh Pratap Singh's ticket from the seat. Notably, Rahul Gandhi chose to contest from Rae Bareli as a safe seat after the polling in Kerala's Wayanad got over.

The seat has been a Congress bastion since 1999 when Captain Satish Sharma won from the seat only to hand it over to Sonia Gandhi in 2004. Sonia Gandhi won from Rae Bareli for the first time in 2004 by a margin of more than 2.49 lakh votes.

In the 2009 general elections, she won with an even bigger margin of more than 3.52 lakh votes. She secured over 4.81 lakh votes whereas Bahujan Samaj Party's RS Kushwaha emerged a distant second with only 1.09 lakh votes. The former Congress national president managed to retain her tally in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.

While Sonia Gandhi did the 2019 Lok Sabha elections from Rae Bareli, her winning margins declined massively. Gandhi won the seat by merely a little over 1.5 lakh votes. Her opponent Dinesh Pratap Singh managed to make significant inroads as he secured over 3.67 lakh votes.

Why has Sonia Gandhi's winning margin reduced?

While commenting on the reduction in Sonia Gandhi's winning margins, BJP MLA from Raebareli Sadar Aditi Singh said in an exclusive conversation with news agency ANI that both Sonia and Rahul Gandhi have been dismal in maintaining a connect with the constituency.

She added that the only time Gandhi family ever comes to Rae Bareli is when they have to file the nomination papers for elections. "In Rae Bareli also, Sonia Gandhi's margin has been decreasing, it's been diminishing election after election. Last election, it was 1 lakh something. It's just been dwindling down and Rahul Gandhi eventually just lost Amethi," Aditi Singh said.

Soon after Rahul Gandhi's candidature from Rae Bareli was announced, Singh said that Sonia Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra have betrayed the people of the constituency. He said that neither Priyanka Gandhi Vadra nor Sonia Gandhi have met the people of Rae Bareli for the last 10 years.

Source: Business Today
If he loses this seat he should pack his bags and leave India

Yep would be a big upset
In Amethi he has already been defeated in 2019 , which itself was a big upset.
That was his seat of nepotism which he got from his mother.

They were the MP there for 20 years and still people in Amethi voted them out for one of the worst members of BJP.. which gives an idea how bad was Sonia-Raga.

To lose to irani there was indeed a shame but things have changed since then so doesn't expect any upset in Rae bareli.

In Amethi he has already been defeated in 2019 , which itself was a big upset.
That was his seat of nepotism which he got from his mother.

They were the MP there for 20 years and still people in Amethi voted them out for one of the worst members of BJP.. which gives an idea how bad was Sonia-Raga.

If things had changed he would had fought from Amethi again..
Not aware of the inticracies of Indian politics but should have been so. May be he didn't want to run from too many constituencies. Wayanad and Rae Bareli are good options.

Not aware of the inticracies of Indian politics but should have been so. May be he didn't want to run from too many constituencies. Wayanad and Rae Bareli are good options.
He is fighting from Rae Bareli because its Sonia Gandhi’s constituency, if Mama’s boy had a poster face Raga’s would take the cake.

She gave Amethi to him in 2004 and now she is doing same with Rae Bareli.

As i have said many times ...when in a doubt the one and only fall back mechanism for every single left wing supporter that I have interacted with is to resort to adhominem/personal attacks/insults/put downs/jibes/trolling/shouting/etc.

And when all of that fails there is ofcourse the tried and tested method: abuse. It works because that tactic is not available to the other side considering that we are in foreign territory in internet land.

PM Modi hits back at Rahul Gandhi over ‘khata khat’ poll promise: ‘Gone in Amethi…’​

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday mocked Rahul Gandhi over his ‘khata khat’ remark, saying the people of Raebareli will also send him back."For the 'shehzadas' of Samajwadi Party and Congress, the country's development is like the game of 'gilli danda'. The 'shehzadas' born in palaces are neither used to hard work, nor bringing results. They say the country will develop on its own, and say it will be done 'khatakhat, khatakhat'," Modi said at a rally in Uttar Pradesh's Pratapgarh.“They say that poverty will be removed from India ‘khata khat’. They should know that the people of Raebareli will send them home ‘khata khat’,” the prime minister added.ALSO READ: ‘Koi maai ka laal…’: PM Narendra Modi dares Congress, SP on CAAModi's jibe at Rahul Gandhi comes after the Congress leader at a poll rally promised that grand old party will transfer ₹1 lakh in the account of one woman from every poor household in the country if they win the elections.

Source: Hindustan Times

As i have said many times ...when in a doubt the one and only fall back mechanism for every single left wing supporter that I have interacted with is to resort to adhominem/personal attacks/insults/put downs/jibes/trolling/shouting/etc.

And when all of that fails there is ofcourse the tried and tested method: abuse. It works because that tactic is not available to the other side considering that we are in foreign territory in internet land.
Stop complaining and explain this to @ Romali_rotti, who continues to abuse and name-call other posters here. You're not a saint either. :inti

True, but he is scared to debate with the same child. Vajpayee was much different than Modi​

======

Running the country is not a game for children born with a golden spoon: Modi​

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday asserted, “If our government comes to power for the third time, we will make the country the third-largest economy in the world. This is Modi’s guarantee.”

“The people of SP and Congress are neither accustomed to hard work nor do they have the ability to win. Running the country is not a game for children born with a golden spoon. You won’t be able to do this. After June 4, the Modi government will definitely be formed, but much more lies ahead,” he said.

Taking a jibe at Rahul Gandhi, he said that he was chased away from Amethi and now he will be chased away from Rae Bareli as well.

PM Modi said that the Indi alliance would disintegrate after June 4. “Following their defeat, they will look for a scapegoat. Whether these ‘princes’ hail from Lucknow or Delhi, they will head abroad for summer vacations. It is rumoured they have already instructed to book their tickets.”

Addressing an election meeting at the GIC ground on Thursday, the PM said that the Congress is making fun of the country’s development.

“SP and Congress believe that the country will develop automatically. When we built toilets, SP and Congress questioned their significance. They also asked what would happen if the BJP gave permanent houses to the poor. Despite their years of rule, eighty-five percent of the houses in the country did not have tap water. We provided drinking water to 14 crore poor people,” he said.

Modi criticised the Congress for raising questions on the bravery of the army. “These people are saying that if they come to power, they will reinstate Article 370. These people will go to Pakistan and fly pigeons. There is a need to be cautious of SP and Congress. At the time of independence, India held the sixth position in the global economy. However, after years of Congress rule, the economy slid to the eleventh position. Since the BJP government assumed power in 2014, diligent efforts have propelled the economy to the fifth position”, he asserted.

PM Modi said that the Congress wants to end reservation for backward classes. They have already initiated steps in this regard in Karnataka. These people want to allocate the reservation quota meant for backward classes to Muslims. The ‘prince’ of Congress is saying that he will get everyone investigated.

“Congress wants to implement this formula of Karnataka in the entire country. SP, which betrayed OBCs, is silent on this. The appeasement politics of SP and Congress does not stop here. These people are inciting vote jihad against Modi. The ‘prince’ of Congress says that if they come to power, they will again send Ram Lalla to the tent and get the Ram temple locked. But Modi will not let this happen. This cannot happen in our life time,” he said.

Source: The Statesman

Why dont you write something that is thought provoking and then people (including the 'lefties') will respond to it ? I have certainly replied to all of your posts that involves any serious discussion.

If Raga can debate Sachin Pilot first, one can accept him to debate BJP candidates.

Sachin Pilot not even in Congress centre guard of Congress shows how useless the party still is.

Wow, what a way to hook voters, SG knows how to campaign
=====
"Handing Over My Son To You": Sonia Gandhi's Pitch For Rahul At Raebareli Rally

Sonia Gandhi turned up as the star campaigner for her son Rahul Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh's Raebareli, telling the crowd that she is handing over her son to them and that he, in turn, won't disappoint them.

Rahul Gandhi is contesting from the family stronghold of Raebareli, a seat represented by his mother Sonia Gandhi, 77, who moved to the Rajya Sabha earlier this year.

"Main aapko apna beta saup rahi hoon (I am handing over my son to you)," said Mrs Gandhi to a huge round of applause in Raebareli - a seat she represented five times.

"Jaisa aapne mujhe apna maana, waise hi Rahul lo apna maan kar rakhna hai. Ye Rahul aap ko niraash nahi karenge (The way you treated me as yours, now treat Rahul the same way. He will not disappoint you)," she underscored.

"I taught the same lessons to Rahul and Priyanka which Indira Gandhi and the people of Raebareli had taught me. To respect all, protect the weak, fight against injustice for the rights of people. Don't be afraid, because your roots of struggle and traditions are very deep," said Mrs Gandhi, who was first elected as an MP from Raebareli in 2004.

Sonia Gandhi also thanked the people of Raebareli for electing her.

"I am happy that I have got the opportunity to be amongst you after a long time. I am grateful to you from the bottom of my heart. My head is bowed in reverence before you. You have given me the opportunity to serve as an MP for 20 years. This is the biggest asset of my life," she said.

Mr Gandhi, 53, will square off against BJP's Dinesh Pratap Singh.

"Raebareli is my family, similarly Amethi is also my home. Not only are the tender memories of my life associated with this place but the roots of our family are also connected to this soil for the last 100 years. This relationship, as sacred as Mother Ganga, started with the farmers' movement of Awadh and Raebareli which continues till today," said Mrs Gandhi, in Hindi, with daughter Priyanka and son Rahul standing right behind her.

The prestige seat has been represented by Mr Gandhi's grandmother, Indira Gandhi, and grandfather, Feroze Gandhi, in the Lok Sabha.

Polling in Raebareli and nearby Amethi will be held in the fifth phase of the Lok Sabha elections on May 20.

In Amethi, Union Minister Smriti Irani is pitted against Congress candidate Kishori Lal Sharma, a longtime loyalist of the Gandhi family.

"I came here for the first time 42 years ago with my father (Rajiv Gandhi). Whatever I have learned about politics, it has been taught to me by the Amethi public. At that time, there were no roads and no development. And I have witnessed the relationship of love between the people here and my father," said Rahul Gandhi seeking votes for Congress candidate Kishori Lal Sharma.

"And that is also (my style) of politics. So, you do not think that I am contesting from Raebareli... I was, am and will belong to the Amethi," he underlined.

Source: NDTV

Let me get this straight.

Congress is not going to win any Parliament election in India for the foreseeable future. And when I say foreseeable future, I mean decades. It doesn't matter if it's Rahul Gandhi or the reincarnated MK Gandhi who's leading them. Vast majority of the population have got fed up of their incompetence and the disgust for them is only getting passed down the generations.

I'm not a "BJP bhakt" (contrary to what some believe here) and have time and again advocated for a new national party to emerge from the masses with younger minds at the helm and a progressive/truly secular manifesto, but Congress' story is done and dusted at the national level. They may win some states here and there but they just don't and won't ever have the sheer support from the masses again.

Let me get this straight.

Congress is not going to win any Parliament election in India for the foreseeable future. And when I say foreseeable future, I mean decades. It doesn't matter if it's Rahul Gandhi or the reincarnated MK Gandhi who's leading them. Vast majority of the population have got fed up of their incompetence and the disgust for them is only getting passed down the generations.

I'm not a "BJP bhakt" (contrary to what some believe here) and have time and again advocated for a new national party to emerge from the masses with younger minds at the helm and a progressive/truly secular manifesto, but Congress' story is done and dusted at the national level. They may win some states here and there but they just don't and won't ever have the sheer support from the masses again.
Its not that straight forward i guess, Yep 2024 is not opposition's year but i believe there would be a big change in the landscape of Indian politics with Modi leaving the centre stage.

Back