Can Rahul Gandhi become the next Prime Minister of India?

Can Rahul Gandhi become the Indian PM in Future?

• Total voters
Pathetic from Rahul as usual. Aishwarya wasn't even at the event. And why does it matter if Amitabh is OBC or not? It was his will to attend the event and he did.

Also apparently, he made these comments at Allahabad where Amitabh is born and brought up.

Some things never change

Pathetic from Rahul as usual. Aishwarya wasn't even at the event. And why does it matter if Amitabh is OBC or not? It was his will to attend the event and he did.

Also apparently, he made these comments at Allahabad where Amitabh is born and brought up.

Some things never change
You its bad news when MP2011 gives up on pappu

@Romali_rotti

OP here is your answer

I am not sure why he is talking about the attendees at the Ram Pratishta event when they have boycotted it and declared it to be political. The more Pappu dig into the Ayodhya event, the more damage to Congress. Jairam Ramesh is not doing his job properly; he is training Raga with a half-baked script, and Rahul is delivering it as is without using brain.

His speeches are pretty routine. His daily routine on the yatra starts with 'Modi OBC..Modi OBC,' then he talks some nonsense about caste census.
Dude must leave that stupid yatra and start working on Lok Sabha election preparations. Already a lot of damage has happened, with many leaders leaving the party.

Show me one instance when I said he'll or he needs to lead India.

I only said if an illiterate feku can lead us, anyone can.

That’s the problem with andhbhakts/IT cell they think anyone who criticises Modi must be a congress/Rahul Gandhi supporter,

The IT cell wants to control the narrative on Modi and keep his image clean, hence they dismiss any dissenting voices/scams etc by attacking the messenger and spreading false narratives about their credentials.

Then the brainwashed Bhakts start parroting the same tune.

Mainstream media is all sellout hence the common man is easy to get brainwashed.

A case study should be done in future on how BJP built its propaganda machinery. It’s the best in the world and ranks amongst the best ever.

That’s the problem with andhbhakts/IT cell they think anyone who criticises Modi must be a congress/Rahul Gandhi supporter,

The IT cell wants to control the narrative on Modi and keep his image clean, hence they dismiss any dissenting voices/scams etc by attacking the messenger and spreading false narratives about their credentials.

Then the brainwashed Bhakts start parroting the same tune.

Mainstream media is all sellout hence the common man is easy to get brainwashed.

A case study should be done in future on how BJP built its propaganda machinery. It’s the best in the world and ranks amongst the best ever.
Bhakts are funny. How can someone deify a neta and that too someone like feku, is beyond me.

Unlike these guys, I don't blindly follow what a thug like a neta says. But these guys are someone else. They just blindly follow and defend whatever their master says to them.

As for propaganda, don't get me started.

Even someone like Vajpayee who was infinite times better leader than feku wasn't deified like this guy . And that after so many living proofs of this guy's corruption and incompetence.

Bhakts are funny. How can someone deify a neta and that too someone like feku, is beyond me.

Unlike these guys, I don't blindly follow what a thug like a neta says. But these guys are someone else. They just blindly follow and defend whatever their master says to them.

As for propaganda, don't get me started.

Throughout history, Indians have always had worship culture. I guess the kings of ancient times imbibed the worship culture in minds of common folks by bullying and subjugating them.

I can understand the people in power bullying and suppressing people to worship them, what I don’t understand is the educated and self sustainable well off ones worshipping other humans.

It’s the same now, people turn celebrities into god and start worshipping them and Modi’s PR campaign made him into a celebrity which the common masses started worshipping.

The lack of critical thinking and the ease at which one can brainwash tens of millions if you have money, is extraordinary to think about.

Throughout history, Indians have always had worship culture. I guess the kings of ancient times imbibed the worship culture in minds of common folks by bullying and subjugating them.

I can understand the people in power bullying and suppressing people to worship them, what I don’t understand is the educated and self sustainable well off ones worshipping other humans.

It’s the same now, people turn celebrities into god and start worshipping them and Modi’s PR campaign made him into a celebrity which the common masses started worshipping.

The lack of critical thinking and the ease at which one can brainwash tens of millions if you have money, is extraordinary to think about.
If indians always had worship culture, then nothing has changed. Your only problem is that they are worshipping someone you don't like? Or you have problem with indians who voted for nehru, indira, rajiv too?

Those were different times, people were subjugated by those Rajas and Maharajas and democracy was just taking root in India. In this day and age, when our literacy rate is at its highest ever in our history, how can someone be so gullible so as to give in to whatever someone say?

Even when Rajiv won that landslide victory post Indira's assassination in 1984, that was senseless from Indian electorate. Same lady was punished for her deeds during emergency just 3 years ago, when she lost her own LS election and now just because she was no more, Congress was given record number of LS seats.

Those were different times, people were subjugated by those Rajas and Maharajas and democracy was just taking root in India. In this day and age, when our literacy rate is at its highest ever in our history, how can someone be so gullible so as to give in to whatever someone say?

Even when Rajiv won that landslide victory post Indira's assassination in 1984, that was senseless from Indian electorate. Same lady was punished for her deeds during emergency just 3 years ago, when she lost her own LS election and now just because she was no more, Congress was given record number of LS seats.
If people are gullible, then it would be easy to sway them, no? Then why is kangress not able to brainwash the gullible people anymore like they used to?

Democracy is about having a choice. It is not about making right or wrong choice.

That is why democracy is over rated. It is only one of the means, and not necessarily the best one.

If you respect democracy, then respect peoples right to make their choices, whether it is of your liking or not.

Those were different times but the culture was imbibed from those ancient times and people still think it’s OK to worship humans who are more powerful than you or who achieved something in their lives or are living a perceived life which you wanted but you couldn’t.

The culture will still remain the same unless it’s challenged, however, the powerful would not let it get challenged since they want to stay in power.

Congress did the same earlier, now BJP is doing and with social media, WhatsApp, mainstream media, local goons under their command they have taken it to next level.

Congress can’t compete with them, they just don’t have the money and man power required to compete with BJP for next few decades.

All political parties are same, they only serve their own self interest. People should appreciate the good work and criticise the bad work of any public servant rather than blindly worshipping the public servant.

Muddo ki rajaneeti not naam ki rajaneeti.

How does being a chaiwala imbue a person with such administrative abilities? Was Modi not actually a chaiwala, and in fact has other more academic qualifications which are less celebrated?
How does it matter whether or not he was a chaiwalla? Atleast, I couldn't care less, whether he sold tea or not. If your point is he lied, then i know he lies at times, i know he's no saint, i would even concede that he's a narcissist but as a voter it doesn't matter to me. I am not looking for a business partner or friend, i am looking for a leader who gets the work done. I don't get trapped in ideologies because that's just any politician's mask, in the end they all want power.

Just like politicians, i am selfish and have my list of wants, and those include things where we have been starved - (1) infrastructure being one, i rate his work 9/10 on that. I live in Mumbai, 2 massive infra projects, which couldn't get clearance for donkey years by environment ministy under Jairam Ramesh (congress) were cleared by modi PMO in 2 weeks and finally those projects are now completed. (2) Power/Electricity - India now has total installed power generation capacity of 400+ GW and we export power to countries like Bangladesh. 10 years back, small industries in my home town (NCR) would run machines on diesel gensets half the time, they don't anymore. (3) The technology integration of GST+TDS+MCA has created fintech industry that couldn't have existed. We now have startups which pull data from these government platforms when a customer or small business come for loan and those get approved/reject decision in less than 30 seconds. Just the number of MSMEs/individuals who haev got credit from scheduled banks in India because of these platform runs into milliions. (4) The whole UPI infrastructure, small panwalas and sabsiwala in india collect money through UPI apps directly in their bank accounts instead of cash. Point being i can list numerous such initiatives under modi that are extremely benefitial for my country and that's all that matters to me. I don't care whether Modi lies about sleeping for 6 hours, or his education, for all i care he could sleep for 18 hours a day until he's delivering on reforms.

Steve Jobs had a particular vision of what an iphone should be, how it should function etc. In that vein, what is it that makes Modi stand out as a visionary or leader? In foreign journals his success has mostly been attributed to his drive for hindu supremacy. That in itself might be considered qualification enough in Bharat, I am just wondering if there is more to it than that.
If your source of knowledge is foriegn media publishers like BBC/CNN then forget Modi's education, you should get one to develop a more realistic view about the world!

How does it matter whether or not he was a chaiwalla? Atleast, I couldn't care less, whether he sold tea or not. If your point is he lied, then i know he lies at times, i know he's no saint, i would even concede that he's a narcissist but as a voter it doesn't matter to me. I am not looking for a business partner or friend, i am looking for a leader who gets the work done. I don't get trapped in ideologies because that's just any politician's mask, in the end they all want power.

Just like politicians, i am selfish and have my list of wants, and those include things where we have been starved - (1) infrastructure being one, i rate his work 9/10 on that. I live in Mumbai, 2 massive infra projects, which couldn't get clearance for donkey years by environment ministy under Jairam Ramesh (congress) were cleared by modi PMO in 2 weeks and finally those projects are now completed. (2) Power/Electricity - India now has total installed power generation capacity of 400+ GW and we export power to countries like Bangladesh. 10 years back, small industries in my home town (NCR) would run machines on diesel gensets half the time, they don't anymore. (3) The technology integration of GST+TDS+MCA has created fintech industry that couldn't have existed. We now have startups which pull data from these government platforms when a customer or small business come for loan and those get approved/reject decision in less than 30 seconds. Just the number of MSMEs/individuals who haev got credit from scheduled banks in India because of these platform runs into milliions. (4) The whole UPI infrastructure, small panwalas and sabsiwala in india collect money through UPI apps directly in their bank accounts instead of cash. Point being i can list numerous such initiatives under modi that are extremely benefitial for my country and that's all that matters to me. I don't care whether Modi lies about sleeping for 6 hours, or his education, for all i care he could sleep for 18 hours a day until he's delivering on reforms.

I am skeptical whether a chaiwala is capable of making decisions on such big projects or is the decision making being done behind the scenes while Modi is used as a front to rally support behind hindutva. Nothing wrong with it if so, maybe hindus need a focal point, and Modi has provided one with his belligerent hindu power schtick.

I am skeptical whether a chaiwala is capable of making decisions on such big projects or is the decision making being done behind the scenes while Modi is used as a front to rally support behind hindutva. Nothing wrong with it if so, maybe hindus need a focal point, and Modi has provided one with his belligerent hindu power schtick.
I think as some political analyst summed it up pretty well that modi means different things to different strata of population. (1) For some section, he's the hindutva hero so they vote for him (2) for many poor folks he's the welfare guru as his welfare schemes are top notch not in terms of policy design (anyone could do that, many schemes were conceptualised by Congress) but in terms of actually delivery which can only and only be done through local district level bureaucracy, which remains scared of him and does the work efficiently (3) for some it's hyper nationalism and that he has put India on global map (partly true partly false) (4) for people like me it's development and speed of execution.

He's an arrogant man and doesn't respect even his colleagues, the only people he respects are IAS officers and bureaucrats because eventually they get the work done on ground. I am happy till the time it's working, when it won't we shall vote for someone else. I tell a lot of founders in India that in India idea doesn't matter, it's the execution that counts and ideas are dime a dozen but execution capabilities make or break a company in India. Unfortunately, arm chair critics working in news publications whether India or abroad, transpose western evaluation parameters to judge our politicians. They should come and see how in a country where 10000 people gather around to protest if a tree is being cut to widen a road, what it takes to actually get the work done.

This Morning our Puppu got up at night.

Our Mahaan PM to be one day..

This is the clown so many Indians are endorsing to hand the keys to the nation. India is indeed a scary place, the mass majority of Dumb Indians present in the world today would be quite a large chunk..

RaGa needs to focus on bigger issues rather than commenting on them​

====

Heated debate over Rahul Gandhi's remarks on caste, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has received flak for his remarks during the Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra. During the rally, the Wayanad MP singled out a mediaperson, asking him about his caste. At another instance, Rahul Gandhi singled out Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan while questioning the absence of members from Other Backward Classes (OBCs) during the Ram Mandir inauguration ceremony.

In this episode of Newstrack, panelists discuss the criticism Rahul Gandhi is receiving for his remarks and whether it was a case of miscommunication.

Source: India Today

lmao Rahulg is Pappu.
Congress is irrelevant.
Congress is dead.

And yet, the Modi-led BJP and bhakts can't stop crying about the Congress and obsessing over Nehru and Rahulg all day and all night. Hahaha, living rent-free in their thick skulls.

Why is Vishwaguru sounding like a petrified old man in this video, his voice crackling in fear here. Sounds like an evil man fearing the afterlife he suddenly believes in, as he lies on his deathbed.

Will taste so sweet to watch salty tears roll down those facelifted cheeks.

Former Youth congress leader Zeeshan Siddique says he was asked to lose 10kg weight if he wanted to meet Rahul Gandhi

"I was walking in Nanded. A person close to Rahul Gandhi told me 'pehle chal 10 kilo kam kar phir tereko Rahul ji se milwaunga' (First lost 10 kg weight, then I will make you meet Rahul Gandhi). I am your MLA, chief of Mumbai Youth Congress. And you are body-shaming me? I am still walking, no? Do I eat on your money," Zeeshan said.

"Rahul Gandhi's team is destroying the party. They are so rude," Zeeshan said adding that he already made it clear that he was with the party even after his father left the party. "Till last week, I used to tell everyone that I would be with the party. But now I can not say for sure because the party is not taking care of the minorities. So minorities should also keep their options open," Baba Siddique's son said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...ted-to-meet-rahul-gandhi-101708609554546.html

Gems of Pappu's followers :ROFLMAO:

lmao Rahulg is Pappu.
Congress is irrelevant.
Congress is dead.

And yet, the Modi-led BJP and bhakts can't stop crying about the Congress and obsessing over Nehru and Rahulg all day and all night. Hahaha, living rent-free in their thick skulls.

Why is Vishwaguru sounding like a petrified old man in this video, his voice crackling in fear here. Sounds like an evil man fearing the afterlife he suddenly believes in, as he lies on his deathbed.

Because during elections or for that matter in any competitive profession, you alone don't matter but how you fare against your competitors determines your success. Why is Australia a great cricket team? Because it defeats other teams. So to be called a great team you need to defeat others, which means you always need an opposition to be defeated. BJP keeps Raga relevant because he's the easiest opposition to be defeated and it works for them that contest is always projected as between Modi and Rahul. It's a simple thing that Raga or his supporters, probably with same iq as his, don't understand. Otherwise a mid 50s guy who has never worked in any real job or taken any accountability, won't still be trying to become the PM of the country.

RaGa needs to focus on bigger issues rather than commenting on them​

====

Heated debate over Rahul Gandhi's remarks on caste, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has received flak for his remarks during the Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra. During the rally, the Wayanad MP singled out a mediaperson, asking him about his caste. At another instance, Rahul Gandhi singled out Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan and his daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan while questioning the absence of members from Other Backward Classes (OBCs) during the Ram Mandir inauguration ceremony.

In this episode of Newstrack, panelists discuss the criticism Rahul Gandhi is receiving for his remarks and whether it was a case of miscommunication.

On his recent diatribes, he has my empathy. He took the reins of a party with 200+ seats hoping that just by the virtue of son of former PM, he would automatically become one. From 200+ to 50 seats in 2 elections with not much sign of it getting any better this time around, reality has stuck him hard and he's bound to get frustrated. If any of us were served power on a platter and told all our lives that we are entitled to it, eventually discover it actually never really getting materalized, we are bound to loose our mind that wth happened to my life.

Because during elections or for that matter in any competitive profession, you alone don't matter but how you fare against your competitors determines your success. Why is Australia a great cricket team? Because it defeats other teams. So to be called a great team you need to defeat others, which means you always need an opposition to be defeated. BJP keeps Raga relevant because he's the easiest opposition to be defeated and it works for them that contest is always projected as between Modi and Rahul. It's a simple thing that Raga or his supporters, probably with same iq as his, don't understand. Otherwise a mid 50s guy who has never worked in any real job or taken any accountability, won't still be trying to become the PM of the country.
Of course. The genius subterfuge :) to be deciphered only by the cleverest of bhakts. You must be a life coach having moved out of tech!

All that is fine, but why does Modiji sound petrified in the video. Sounds like the bleating of a sick goat.

Indian politics so boring these days. Waiting for RaGa Modi face off soon​

====​

Youngsters protesting against paper leak, Modi misleading them: Rahul Gandhi​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has lashed out at Narendra Modi and said that youngsters from Lucknow to Prayagraj city have taken to the streets against the paper leak in police recruitments, while the Indian PM is misleading them in Varanasi city of Uttar Pardash state.

According to Kashmir Media Service, Rahul Gandhi in a post on X said, “From Lucknow to Prayagraj, youngsters are on the streets over the paper leak in police recruitments. And just 100 km away in Varanasi, the prime minister is misleading them… “.
He also shared a video on X of youngsters protesting on the streets against the paper leak in police recruitment exams and said Modi is lecturing them about their own backyard.

Source: Kashmir Media Service

Of course. The genius subterfuge :) to be deciphered only by the cleverest of bhakts. You must be a life coach having moved out of tech!

All that is fine, but why does Modiji sound petrified in the video. Sounds like the bleating of a sick goat.
I am with you here...

Puppu will be PM in 2024, the wheel is turning, wheel is turning...

Italian Ammayi Sonya will get to see her son rule the Indians..... :)

There is a side of me that wants to see Puppu as PM.

It will be fascinating to watch the dumbest human being ever created do legendary buffoonery and bring India down to like 10 levels below current day Pakistan...

I am evil, I know 😆

Look at it the other way .... if Pappu can become a PM then so can anyone ..... imagine the boundless opportunities we've been foolishly overlooking? It's a testament not to the lowering of standards, but to the sheer, unexplored potential of sheer audacity over competence. Who knew the key to unlocking the highest echelons of power was simply embracing the depths of our collective mediocrity with open arms

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at it the other way .... if a bonafide a$$ like Pappu can become a PM then so can anyone ..... imagine the boundless opportunities we've been foolishly overlooking? It's a testament not to the lowering of standards, but to the sheer, unexplored potential of sheer audacity over competence. Who knew the key to unlocking the highest echelons of power was simply embracing the depths of our collective mediocrity with open arms
Being dumb is not his qualification. Being born to antonio and rajiv is.

Look at it the other way .... if a bonafide a$$ like Pappu can become a PM then so can anyone ..... imagine the boundless opportunities we've been foolishly overlooking? It's a testament not to the lowering of standards, but to the sheer, unexplored potential of sheer audacity over competence. Who knew the key to unlocking the highest echelons of power was simply embracing the depths of our collective mediocrity with open arms
Agreed lol...

I often say this, India is indeed a scary place, you have millions that will actually be happy to hand the keys of Indian leadership to a Puppu with the brain capacity of a 5 year old. It's equivalent to giving a kid a fully loaded gun and allowing him to go play with it..

Puppu has been told ever since he was a little kid by ammayi Sonya, that the PM chair is his birth right and he is the rightful owner to the throne, it doesn't matter how dumb you are, you will be PM one day...

Our PM for 2024 :apology

I appreciate Rahul for willing to put himself in front of the public even though he is clearly not good at it. Imagine if your guru Modi had the courage to face crowds and take questions, he'd look a lot sillier and umpteen times more akward than RG. He's never done a press conf. in 10 years, worth remembering that when you post all these laugh emojis.

I appreciate Rahul for willing to put himself in front of the public even though he is clearly not good at it. Imagine if your guru Modi had the courage to face crowds and take questions, he'd look a lot sillier and umpteen times more akward than RG. He's never done a press conf. in 10 years, worth remembering that when you post all these laugh emojis.
There is a reason why PM Modi will be coming back with majority in parliament for the 3rd time. His actions are louder than his words, clearly one of the reasons why ppl in India keep voting for him.

PM Modi has a winning strategy and it is clearly working for him, so whether he gives press conferences or not doesnt matter. Congress ain't coming back to power it is over for the Italian Dynasty no need to be hurt. Accept reality and move on....

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't bother with these half-read types. Not sure if half is a bit optimistic actually.

The first couple clips are from when Rahulg was in my city visiting Mount Carmel Girls College - it's the top college and the girls extremely confident and intimidating as a group, for most men. Many a man has had his ego battered and bruised there lol. But the reality is, those two moments were cut out and played on repeat on the Godi media of the time. Here is Arnab's reporter doing a followup on the interaction which shows Pappu did ok. I could post more detailed coverage of the truth from other channels but those channels would be dismissed as being anti-Modi. And any of the bhakts - don't even bother coming up with some Arnab wasn't as big a Modi-rat at the time nonsense, because you can find his 9pm special on the same event titled Rahul Embarrassed.

The next set of clips see Rahulg admitting not knowing enough on a topic to comment on it. I think that is actually admirable. That's what a smart man will do. A smart man will consult experts and that's what the best leaders of India have always done. It is not the job of a leader to know everything, but to know whom to hire and use in each space. But this is not how Modi and his bhakts work. An uneducated clown who advises the military and says he did so because clouds will hide radar - that's what happens when you're a moron but think you're clever lmao

Also the fact that some Aussie wannabes are still reliving some moments of Rahulg from years ago shows how scared they are of this Pappu. How about posting what's been happening in your Yogi's heartland UP, if you dare haha.

Get ready for the wheel. It's not your cab wheel. These are big tractor and bullock cart wheels :dhoni

lmao Rahulg is Pappu.
Congress is irrelevant.
Congress is dead.

feku is such an idiot. Never behaves as per the high chair he occupies. But such things are common for illiterates like him.

Deepfake effects
====
Fact Check: Edited Video Of Rahul Gandhi’s Response To Questions On Violence And Non-Violence In India Going Viral

The viral video clip portraying Rahul Gandhi’s apparent inability to answer a question regarding violence and non-violence in Indian society during an event at Cambridge University, London, is misleading and altered. Contrary to the claim made in the clip, Rahul Gandhi did respond to the question, albeit after a brief pause, by expressing his sentiments related to the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. Therefore, the claim that he couldn’t answer the question is false and constitutes propaganda

New Delhi Vishvas News – A video clip featuring Rahul Gandhi has been circulating widely on social media, depicting him pausing for an extended period while responding to a question. By circulating the video, it is being claimed that during a public appearance, Rahul Gandhi struggled to provide an answer.

Upon investigation, Vishvas News discovered that the viral video clip had been edited and manipulated. It originates from an event held at Cambridge University during Rahul Gandhi’s visit to London a year ago. In this event, Rahul Gandhi was a speaker, and during a discussion about violence and non-violence in Indian society, he paused briefly before responding. He composed himself and then proceeded to share his sentiments while referring to the assassination of his father Rajiv Gandhi. The viral video clip excludes his subsequent response, misleading viewers into believing he couldn’t answer the question posed to him.

The viral video lasts for 51 seconds and captures a moment when Rahul Gandhi, in response to a question asked in English about the relationship between violence and non-violence in Indian society, pauses for a significant period. The viral clip is of the same duration, showing only Rahul Gandhi’s silence following the question. It is evident that this segment has been edited from the original footage and circulated out of context.

This method of election propaganda, which involves sharing excerpts of speeches or dialogues from well-known figures and leaders out of context to alter their meaning, is quite common. For further fact-checking reports on similar viral clips, one can refer to the Election Check section of Vishvas News.

Upon conducting a keyword search based on the viral video clip, numerous older reports were found mentioning this incident. According to a report by India Today dated May 26, 2022, the video is from an event featuring Rahul Gandhi at Cambridge University. During this event, when a female moderator posed the question to Rahul Gandhi regarding the relationship between violence and non-violence in Indian society and the coordination between them, Rahul Gandhi took a moment to compose himself.

As per the report, he responded by saying, “Ah… I think the word that comes to my mind is forgiveness… It’s not quite accurate… you know that.” He then remained silent briefly before receiving applause from the audience. In response to this, Rahul Gandhi remarked, “I am thinking…!” The moderator clarified that she didn’t intend to silence him but apologized for not posing the question earlier. In reply, Rahul Gandhi stated, “No… no, you did not leave me speechless. I was trying to answer it in more depth.”

This account is also corroborated by several other reports. During the search, the original and unedited video clip of this event was found on NDTV’s verified YouTube channel, uploaded on May 25, 2022.

The context of the viral clip becomes apparent when viewing the video from the 31.30-minute mark when the moderator asks Rahul Gandhi about his perspectives on violence and non-violence in Indian society. In response to this, Rahul Gandhi mentions that the most significant lesson of his life stems from the death of his father. Rahul Gandhi’s silence was a result of reflecting on the question and sharing personal experiences.

Additionally, during the search, a post made by Randeep Singh Surjewala on X was found, in which he responded to this video clip.

Uttar Pradesh Congress spokesperson Abhimanyu Tyagi was contacted regarding the viral video clip. He denounced it as a malicious form of propaganda against Rahul Gandhi, emphasizing that Rahul Gandhi, having been a victim of violence himself, became momentarily silent when questioned about violence and non-violence due to the profound personal loss he has experienced, including the killings of his father and grandmother.

Conclusion: The viral video clip portraying Rahul Gandhi’s apparent inability to answer a question regarding violence and non-violence in Indian society during an event at Cambridge University, London, is misleading and altered. Contrary to the claim made in the clip, Rahul Gandhi did respond to the question, albeit after a brief pause, by expressing his sentiments related to the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. Therefore, the claim that he couldn’t answer the question is false and constitutes propaganda

Deepfake effects
====
Fact Check: Edited Video Of Rahul Gandhi’s Response To Questions On Violence And Non-Violence In India Going Viral

The viral video clip portraying Rahul Gandhi’s apparent inability to answer a question regarding violence and non-violence in Indian society during an event at Cambridge University, London, is misleading and altered. Contrary to the claim made in the clip, Rahul Gandhi did respond to the question, albeit after a brief pause, by expressing his sentiments related to the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. Therefore, the claim that he couldn’t answer the question is false and constitutes propaganda

New Delhi Vishvas News – A video clip featuring Rahul Gandhi has been circulating widely on social media, depicting him pausing for an extended period while responding to a question. By circulating the video, it is being claimed that during a public appearance, Rahul Gandhi struggled to provide an answer.

Upon investigation, Vishvas News discovered that the viral video clip had been edited and manipulated. It originates from an event held at Cambridge University during Rahul Gandhi’s visit to London a year ago. In this event, Rahul Gandhi was a speaker, and during a discussion about violence and non-violence in Indian society, he paused briefly before responding. He composed himself and then proceeded to share his sentiments while referring to the assassination of his father Rajiv Gandhi. The viral video clip excludes his subsequent response, misleading viewers into believing he couldn’t answer the question posed to him.

The viral video lasts for 51 seconds and captures a moment when Rahul Gandhi, in response to a question asked in English about the relationship between violence and non-violence in Indian society, pauses for a significant period. The viral clip is of the same duration, showing only Rahul Gandhi’s silence following the question. It is evident that this segment has been edited from the original footage and circulated out of context.

This method of election propaganda, which involves sharing excerpts of speeches or dialogues from well-known figures and leaders out of context to alter their meaning, is quite common. For further fact-checking reports on similar viral clips, one can refer to the Election Check section of Vishvas News.

Upon conducting a keyword search based on the viral video clip, numerous older reports were found mentioning this incident. According to a report by India Today dated May 26, 2022, the video is from an event featuring Rahul Gandhi at Cambridge University. During this event, when a female moderator posed the question to Rahul Gandhi regarding the relationship between violence and non-violence in Indian society and the coordination between them, Rahul Gandhi took a moment to compose himself.

As per the report, he responded by saying, “Ah… I think the word that comes to my mind is forgiveness… It’s not quite accurate… you know that.” He then remained silent briefly before receiving applause from the audience. In response to this, Rahul Gandhi remarked, “I am thinking…!” The moderator clarified that she didn’t intend to silence him but apologized for not posing the question earlier. In reply, Rahul Gandhi stated, “No… no, you did not leave me speechless. I was trying to answer it in more depth.”

This account is also corroborated by several other reports. During the search, the original and unedited video clip of this event was found on NDTV’s verified YouTube channel, uploaded on May 25, 2022.

The context of the viral clip becomes apparent when viewing the video from the 31.30-minute mark when the moderator asks Rahul Gandhi about his perspectives on violence and non-violence in Indian society. In response to this, Rahul Gandhi mentions that the most significant lesson of his life stems from the death of his father. Rahul Gandhi’s silence was a result of reflecting on the question and sharing personal experiences.

Additionally, during the search, a post made by Randeep Singh Surjewala on X was found, in which he responded to this video clip.

Uttar Pradesh Congress spokesperson Abhimanyu Tyagi was contacted regarding the viral video clip. He denounced it as a malicious form of propaganda against Rahul Gandhi, emphasizing that Rahul Gandhi, having been a victim of violence himself, became momentarily silent when questioned about violence and non-violence due to the profound personal loss he has experienced, including the killings of his father and grandmother.

Conclusion: The viral video clip portraying Rahul Gandhi’s apparent inability to answer a question regarding violence and non-violence in Indian society during an event at Cambridge University, London, is misleading and altered. Contrary to the claim made in the clip, Rahul Gandhi did respond to the question, albeit after a brief pause, by expressing his sentiments related to the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. Therefore, the claim that he couldn’t answer the question is false and constitutes propaganda
Sanghis are very desperate despite Rahul being Pappu, inconsequential, someone who couldn't even save his pocket borough Amethi, etc etc.

He is criticising his potential PM opponent in future as Modi may not hang around long
=====
In a scathing criticism of Uttar Pradesh’s governance, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has said the truth of the double engine government in the state is that it is a “guarantee of jungle raj”.

According to Kashmir Media Service, Rahul Gandhi in a post on X today said, “The law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh is the biggest example of how the BJP and Modi media together are indulging in the business of lies”. He also announced a statewide protest by party workers against the deteriorating law and order situation in the state

Highlighting several recent cases of crimes against women, he said the bodies of minor sisters are found hanging from trees at some places.

“Somewhere the audacity of gang rape by BJP members in IIT-BHU campus, and somewhere a woman judge was forced to commit suicide for not getting justice….This is the condition of that state whose law and order system is being praised tirelessly,” Gandhi said.

He also mentioned the recent murder of a Dalit student returning after giving her Class 10 exams in Rampur.

“It is time to come out of the false image created by Modi media and see the truth that the double engine government is the guarantee of jungle raj,” the Congress said.

“Uttar Pradesh Congress workers will raise their voice for justice by protesting in every district and every tehsil today against the BJP system and this alliance of criminals,” he said.

Further from post 444

Puppu's Buffoonery compared to what Annamalai said on AI, Puppu is now soaring to legendary heights.

I don't believe there has been a dumber candidate for a PM post for any country.

He is criticising his potential PM opponent in future as Modi may not hang around long
=====
In a scathing criticism of Uttar Pradesh’s governance, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has said the truth of the double engine government in the state is that it is a “guarantee of jungle raj”.

According to Kashmir Media Service, Rahul Gandhi in a post on X today said, “The law and order situation in Uttar Pradesh is the biggest example of how the BJP and Modi media together are indulging in the business of lies”. He also announced a statewide protest by party workers against the deteriorating law and order situation in the state

Highlighting several recent cases of crimes against women, he said the bodies of minor sisters are found hanging from trees at some places.

“Somewhere the audacity of gang rape by BJP members in IIT-BHU campus, and somewhere a woman judge was forced to commit suicide for not getting justice….This is the condition of that state whose law and order system is being praised tirelessly,” Gandhi said.

He also mentioned the recent murder of a Dalit student returning after giving her Class 10 exams in Rampur.

“It is time to come out of the false image created by Modi media and see the truth that the double engine government is the guarantee of jungle raj,” the Congress said.

“Uttar Pradesh Congress workers will raise their voice for justice by protesting in every district and every tehsil today against the BJP system and this alliance of criminals,” he said.

U.P has always been a cesspit in terms of law and order which was at the worst during S.P. rule.

BJP/Yogi’s rule is slightly better than S.P. Rule in terms of law and order. Not that it’s anything to be proud of if you are coming second or third last in your class.

Congress wants alliance with S.P. in U.P. and is lecturing about BJP’s law and order problem. Rahul Gandhi needs to understand the irony of this.

U.P has always been a cesspit in terms of law and order which was at the worst during S.P. rule.

BJP/Yogi’s rule is slightly better than S.P. Rule in terms of law and order. Not that it’s anything to be proud of if you are coming second or third last in your class.

Congress wants alliance with S.P. in U.P. and is lecturing about BJP’s law and order problem. Rahul Gandhi needs to understand the irony of this.
Agree with this. This Yadav clan is no better than Bisht.

Finally RaGa going against Modi​

=====

PM Modi has become 'speed breaker' for rapidly growing economy under UPA: Rahul Gandhi​

NEW DELHI: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Saturday alleged that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become a "speed breaker" for the "rapidly-growing" economy under the UPA.

In a post on X, he also claimed that while the Congress gave a boost to development by empowering the poor, the prime minister is "hollowing out" the country for the benefit of his "few friends".

"Narendra Modi has become a 'speed breaker' for the rapidly growing Indian economy under the UPA government," Gandhi said in his post in Hindi.

"The Congress gave impetus to development by empowering the poor, whereas Narendra Modi is hollowing out the country for the benefit of a few friends," he wrote.

Source : The Economic Times

feku will have to take at least 100 births to speak extempore about anything under the sun.

BIG BREAKING Historic announcements by Rahul Gandhi for youth today that could change the fortunes of congress in upcoming general elections.

1) 30 lakh Govt jobs on the first day of INDIA Govt formation
2) Right to Employment for one year for every Diploma & Graduate youth
3) Use of AI & Strict laws to stop paper leaks
4) Law to bring better working conditions, especially in MNCs
5) Allocation of ₹5000 crores amongst every district of India to encourage local start-ups.

It isn't the Congress but I think there is room for a Centrist party in India. So many things have to fall in place though

- The right leadership. Spoilt brat second/third generation politicians won't cut it. They just don't have the fire. Has to be a farmer leader or the likes. Someone from the grassroots and relatively young
- The right alliance partners. For example, elections in the South have become very local with very little importance to national issues or leaders so the right deals need to be made
- Most importantly, they need a rallying issue. It's out there. India's growth story in the last 10 years has been awesome but it does have a soft underbelly. It's not been as inclusive as it should. A lot of folks are missing out on the growth - agriculture, unorganised sector etc.

Can't see any individual or group immediately on the horizon though. Modi's next term is as much of a sure thing as Xi Jinping's but democratically not by diktat.

Electoral bonds was world's biggest extortion racket: Rahul Gandhi​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on March 15 termed the scrapped electoral bonds scheme brought in by the BJP-led Union government as the "biggest extortion racket in the world." The funds amassed through the scheme were used to split political parties and topple opposition governments, he alleged at a press conference in Thane, a day after data pertaining to the scheme was made public following Supreme Court directions.

There was no correlation between the electoral bonds and the contracts given by Congress or other opposition parties' governments in states, said Mr. Gandhi, whose Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra is in Maharashtra in its last leg.

Source: The Hindu

It may sound really odd but sometime RaGa appears to me as Cody Rhodes of Indian politics who initially was considered just an awful second or third generation guy but eventually was able to cement his position among the greats.

It may sound really odd but sometime RaGa appears to me as Cody Rhodes of Indian politics who initially was considered just an awful second or third generation guy but eventually was able to cement his position among the greats.
Pappu has already cemented his position by losing 90% of the elections under his leadership, one more coming in few months.

Electoral bonds was world's biggest extortion racket: Rahul Gandhi​

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on March 15 termed the scrapped electoral bonds scheme brought in by the BJP-led Union government as the "biggest extortion racket in the world." The funds amassed through the scheme were used to split political parties and topple opposition governments, he alleged at a press conference in Thane, a day after data pertaining to the scheme was made public following Supreme Court directions.

There was no correlation between the electoral bonds and the contracts given by Congress or other opposition parties' governments in states, said Mr. Gandhi, whose Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra is in Maharashtra in its last leg.

Source: The Hindu
His own party received more than 1000 crores donations thru electoral bonds… how is it possible? …. It’s a big scam by congress …..

Also Congress always alleging BJP as Ambani-Adani’s government… if that is so then how come Ambani-Adani not purchased a single electoral bond of BJP

Pappu has already cemented his position by losing 90% of the elections under his leadership, one more coming in few months
But he like Cody may finish his story down the line probably in 2029. Remember no Indian govt has won four consecutive terms since 1990.

This I agree with. I can see Puppu winning the 2024 Indian elections and being the PM.

You just wait and watch.

I don't think BJP will let this happen, letting raga be the next PM. Modi has solidified his reputation in India as some sort of messiah for the Indians.

As his second Yatra ends, Rahul Gandhi clearly has come a distance – but what about his party?​

He has emerged as a symbol for those opposed to Modi, especially minorities, attracted crowds and earned political gravitas. But for INDIA, and even Congress, Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra was a missed opportunity.​

Paradoxically, Rahul Gandhi’s Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra ended the same day as the Election Commission announced the Lok Sabha polls for 2024, though the Yatra’s final rally is to take place in Mumbai on Sunday at the historic Shivaji Park.

It will now get converted into the first election meeting by the Opposition INDIA bloc in Maharashtra, which has acquired an importance all its own for both sides.

Through his two Yatras, over the last two years, first from South to North and more recently from East to West, Rahul has gained a national profile. Position or no position, he is today recognised as THE leader of the Congress who is taking decisions for the party, no matter who is in-charge officially.

He has also become a symbol for all those dissatisfied with the Narendra Modi rule. And the first choice of the minorities —wherever the Congress is in a position to get its act together.

Source: The Indian Express

A day after Congress leader Rahul Gandhi ended his 63-day-long Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra in Mumbai, members of the opposition bloc INDIA also met in the city today, where they stressed on the need for a "national Mahagathbandhan". The yatra had started from violence-hit Manipur.

The event at Mumbai's Shivaji Park helmed by Rahul Gandhi saw several Opposition leaders in attendance, including Tejashwi Yadav, MK Stalin, Sonia Gandhi, Mallikarjun Kharge, Sharad Pawar, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, Uddhav Thackeray, and Mehbooba Mufti.

"Election dates have been announced... We have all come to Mumbai today. Rahul Gandhi had sent an invitation," Tejashwi Yadav said.

The Opposition rally at Shivaji Park is being billed as the biggest-ever show of strength of the INDIA bloc, in the presence of the entire Gandhi family, to launch the bloc's campaign for the Lok Sabha elections.

Addressing the gathering, former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti said, "The BJP speaks of winning more than 400 Lok Sabha seats in order to change the Constitution... People in the BJP are afraid of Gandhi in Rahul Gandhi's name."

Earlier today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had taken a swipe at the Congress while campaigning for the BJP in Andhra Pradesh. PM Modi, alluding to the INDIA bloc's meeting in Mumbai, said the Congress's agenda is to "use and throw" its partners.

"In the NDA (National Democratic Alliance), we take everyone along, but on the other hand the Congress party's only agenda is to use and throw allies. Today, the Congress had to make the INDIA bloc out of compulsion, but their thinking is that only," PM Modi said.

When his turn came to speak at Shivaji Parj, the Rashtriya Janaya Dal's Tejashwi Yadav said the INDIA bloc's fight is not against PM Modi or Home Minister Amit Shah personally, but against the "ideology of hate."

Sharad Pawar, who now heads the Nationalist Congress Party (Sharadchandra Pawar), said Mahatma Gandhi gave the 'Quit India' call from Mumbai, and so INDIA bloc's leaders should do the same from Mumbai to oust the BJP from power.

Uddhav Thackeray launched a direct attack, "When people unite, dictatorship ends."

Hahaha they've done everything they can to this guy. But look at the lack of fear and the confidence, because he recognizes Modi and his BJP for what they are - loudmouths who are cowards at heart :dhoni

A formidable task but not impossible​

======

Can India’s Rahul Gandhi defeat Narendra Modi with ‘unity marches’?​

Loud chants and songs on justice echoed around Shivaji Park in India’s financial capital, Mumbai, as thousands of people gathered at the iconic venue that had played frequent host to rallies by freedom fighters when the country fought for independence from the British decades ago.

This time, the slogans called for a different “freedom” – from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Bharatiya Janata Party government.

Police officers were everywhere, but the atmosphere was festive – almost resembling that of a rock concert. The man at the centre of the event: Rahul Gandhi, scion of the Nehru-Gandhi family that ruled India for most of its first 50 years after independence.

On Sunday evening, Gandhi and a bevy of leaders from other opposition parties launched the election campaign of their Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance (INDIA) from Shivaji Park, a day after the Election Commission of India announced dates for the world’s largest vote. Nearly a billion Indians will elect their next government in a seven-phase election that starts on April 19 and ends with the declaration of results on June 4.

The INDIA alliance hopes to challenge Modi’s BJP, which is aiming to win a third straight term in office, riding on the back of the prime minister’s personal popularity, even as the Congress and other critics have accused it of dividing the nation on religious lines and favouring select industrialists.

At the heart of the opposition alliance’s efforts are long marches undertaken by Gandhi across the length and breadth of the country, to galvanise support against Modi. His Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra (Uniting India for Justice March) had culminated in Mumbai on Saturday.

The marches and Gandhi’s message of unity and justice resonated with supporters at Shivaji Park on Sunday.

Ganggu Bai, a 40-year-old cook who lives in Mumbai’s Dharavi – one of the world’s largest slum clusters made famous globally by the Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire – was among those at the Sunday rally.

“I am here to support the future of our country. and women’s rights,” she said. “This event gives me hope and feels like it is actually for the people of India,” she added.

But for Gandhi, the Congress and the INDIA alliance to turn that sentiment into a national wave against the ruling government, they’ll need the votes of more than their core supporters: In the last national elections in 2019, the Congress won just 52 seats in the Lok Sabha or lower house of parliament, while the BJP won an overwhelming majority with 303 seats.

Source: Al Jazeera

Launch, Relaunch, Re-Re Launch, Re-Re-Re Launch, Re-Re-Re-Re Launch.
Clown prince.

GJIEAjTWEAElBM5

@Cover Drive Six That itself should show you the credibility of India Today to feature him on so many covers when he was a nobody as far as Indian politics was concerned. Shows how sincere they are when they kiss the ground Modi walks on today.

Modi in his retirement home, with hot tears flowing down his facelifted cheeks. What a delightful sight that will be.

People have to understand if there is a better leader than Modiji.. We dont mind voting for that person. Look at the manifesto of congress, only freebees which will bankrupt our economy. Need a third front to tackle Modi's image. An extreme right-winger will do the trick.

RaGa wants a level playing field for Congress here
====
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi minced no words as he attacked the BJP-led government for freezing of the party's accounts, calling it a "criminal action" by the Prime Minister and Home Minister.

In a rare press conference by three top Congress leaders, Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, and party chief Mallikarjun Kharge, the party also launched a no-holds-barred attack on the BJP-led government over the now-scrapped electoral bonds scheme.

While Sonia Gandhi said there was a "systematic effort" by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to "cripple" the Congress financially, Mallikarjun Kharge alleged that the BJP took money from some companies, in reference to the electoral bonds scheme.

The Congress, in February, had claimed that its bank accounts were frozen by the Income Tax department in connection with a dispute over a tax demand of Rs 210 crore. However, there has been no official statement from the I-T department.

HERE ARE THE FIVE BIG CHARGES MADE BY CONGRESS
On the freezing of Congress's bank accounts, Rahul Gandhi said it was "orchestrated" to cripple the party in the Lok Sabha election. "Our leaders cannot fly from one part of the country to another. Forget flying, they cannot even take a train," Gandhi said.

Rahul Gandhi also alleged that due to the freezing of the party's bank accounts, the party was not being able to do campaign work. "20% of India votes for us, and we are not able to pay Rs 2 for anything. We can do no campaign work, we cannot support our workers, we cannot support our candidates... This has been done two months before the election campaign," he said.

Rahul Gandhi also questioned the "silence" of the Election Commission over the issue. "What's interesting to me is that there are institutions in this country that are supposed to protect the democratic framework. There is an Election Commission in the country, but it has not even said anything."

Sonia Gandhi alleged that the finances of the principal opposition party were under assault. "Funds collected from the public are being frozen and money from our accounts is being taken away forcibly," she said.

Mallikarjun Kharge said under the electoral bonds scheme, the BJP "filled its accounts with thousands and crores of rupees". "On the other hand, under a conspiracy, the bank account of the main opposition party has been frozen. So, in the absence of funds, there is no level-playing field. This is a dangerous game by the ruling party which will have a far-reaching impact," Kharge said.

Rahul Gandhi To Meet Arvind Kejriwal's Family To Offer Legal Aid: Report

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has reached out to Arvind Kejriwal's family and assured them of his and the grand old party's support following the Enforcement Directorate's (ED) arrest of the Delhi Chief Minister on Thursday, as per party sources.
Rahul Gandhi will try to meet either Kejriwal or his family tomorrow to offer further legal assistance, added the source.

A team from the Enforcement Directorate arrived at Mr Kejriwal's residence on Thursday to interrogate him regarding the liquor policy case. During a search operation conducted at his residence, Mr Kejriwal was arrested amidst dramatic circumstances, as the AAP convener failed to obtain interim protection from arrest in the liquor policy case from the Delhi High Court. The Enforcement Directorate took him to the agency's headquarters later. A medical team also arrived at the ED office.

AAP workers and leaders rallied behind Mr Kejriwal following his arrest while leaders of the INDIA bloc also extended their support for the AAP leader. BJP leaders extended their support to the ED's actions against the Delhi Chief Minister, emphasizing "truth had to prevail".

Pointing to the arrests of two opposition chief ministers and the freezing of a bank account of the Congress party, Delhi Minister and Aam Aadmi Party leader Atishi on Thursday asked the BJP to stop doing politics behind the Enforcement Directorate.

She accused the BJP of attempting to win elections through undemocratic means and urged them to engage in fair political competition rather than using the ED as a tool or weapon for their political agenda.

"Today, the BJP is murdering democracy. They have arrested two opposition chief ministers (One chief minister Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren was put in jail and now another Kejriwal) and frozen a party's bank account. Is this how the BJP wants to win the election? I want to tell the BJP that if you want to fight, then come forward and fight in the political arena, in the election field. Stop doing politics hiding behind the ED, stop using the ED as your weapon," she said.

Earlier, the AAP leader and Delhi Minister Atishi said they had moved the Supreme Court to quash Kejriwal's arrest and have sought an urgent hearing.

"We have moved the Supreme Court to quash the arrest of Delhi CM @ArvindKejriwal by ED. We have asked for an urgent hearing by the Supreme Court tonight itself," Atishi said in a post on X.

Source: NDTV

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will face Kerala BJP chief K Surendran in the high-profile Wayanand constituency this Lok Sabha election.

Wayanad, a Congress stronghold, has been with the party since 2009. Mr Gandhi won it in 2019 and retained his Lok Sabha membership, having lost his Amethi seat to Union Minister Smriti Irani.

His rival this time, Mr Surendran, has the significant task of challenging the Congress-Left binary in Kerala's political landscape. Both the Congress and the Left are in a national alliance though they remain rivals in this southern state.

In 2019 general elections, Mr Surendran finished third in Pathanamthitta constituency behind the Congress and the Left. He had lost the 2016 assembly polls from Manjeswaram by merely 89 votes. He also contested a bypoll in 2019, but lost it as well.

He was appointed to head the BJP Kerala unit in 2020 and became the face of the protests against the entry of young women into Sabarimala years ago.

Mr Surendran, who is from Kozhikode, figured in the BJP's fifth candidates' list, which also named actor Kangana Ranaut and former Calcutta High Court judge Abhijit Gangopadhyay.

Wayanad is the second Kerala seat to see a battle of titans after Thiruvananthapuram, where Union Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar will face the three-time Congress MP Shashi Tharoor.

The BJP has also fielded former vice-chancellor of Sree Sankara Sanskrit University K S Radhakrishnan from Ernakulam and actor-turned-politician G Krishnakumar from Kollam. T N Sarasu, a former educator, will contest from Alathur in Palakkad.

The highlight of the BJP's fifth list was the electoral debut of actor Kangana Ranaut from Mandi in her homestate Himachal Pradesh. The list, which named 111 candidates in 17 states, also featured new joinees like industrialist Naveen Jindal and Mr Gangopadhyay.

Mr Gangopadhyay, who joined the BJP recently after taking voluntary retirement, is the first former judge to join electoral politics. He has been fielded from Tamluk in Bengal and will face Trinamool's Debangshu Bhattacharya, a youth leader who had penned the party's "Khela Hobe" song.

Varun Gandhi, a sitting MP from Pilibhit, has been dropped and his seat has gone to Jitin Prasada, who switched to the BJP from the Congress in run-up to the election. His mother Maneka Gandhi has been fielded from her current seat, Sultanpur.

Source : NDTV

How the BJP is trying to corner Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad​

It’s the end of March and hilly Wayanad is hot and dry. The poll temperature too is heating up with the candidates of I.N.D.I.A allies CPI and the Congress facing off against each other. When the Left party announced that senior leader Annie Raja (wife of party general secretary D. Raja) would be their candidate in Wayanad, it was hoping that sitting MP Rahul Gandhi of the Congress would shift his constituency to a seat elsewhere. But the Kerala unit put pressure on the high command to get Rahul to contest again. The CPI protested, saying the Congress was sending the wrong message about Opposition unity but the latter had no option—it believes Rahul contesting from the state sets off a ripple effect, brightening the party’s chances in a few other seats as well. The Congress leader had won by a thumping margin of 4.3 lakh votes in 2019.

Meanwhile, the BJP has decided to field state president K. Surendran in Wayanad. The 54-year-old leader had long ago announced that he had no plans to contest the 2024 parliamentary poll. Wayanad is also not a seat amenable to the saffron party’s ministrations, but the plan is to give a tough fight to Rahul and build up visibility for the big battle in the 2026 assembly poll.

Surendran had contested from the Pathanamthitta LS seat in 2019 in the backdrop of the Sabarimala entry-for-ladies controversy and polled 2.97 lakh votes, the biggest vote gain ever for the saffron party in central Kerala. “Surendran is new to Wayanad as a candidate, and in a constituency where the BJP has a limited vote bank. But he can pose a threat to Rahul. It’s not the votes he gets but the effect it’ll have on Rahul’s campaign. If we can pin him down to Wayanad and disrupt his national campaign, it’ll make all the difference. We have done this deliberately,” a senior BJP leader told India Today. Surendran apparently was reluctant but he was personally contacted by senior leaders and asked to contest.

Wayanad consists of seven assembly constituencies, Mananthavady, Kalpetta, Sulthan Bathery, Thiruvambady, Nilambur, Wandoor and Eranad. During the 2021 assembly poll, four went with the Congress-led United Democratic Front and three with the CPI(M)-led Left Front. Muslim voters constitute around 41.3 per cent of the population while Christians are around 13.7 per cent. So why was the BJP central leadership keen on fielding Surendran? A Hindu vote consolidation for the future seems to be the only motive.

Back