Day 2, Test 2 Thread. Pakistan Vs England [21/11/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think none of the umpires know the rule of the runout

Gauri Missle and Mahanamama

Last edited:
lovely shot by sami for 4.

bradman eat ur heart out

Sami carves Freddie through the covers for 4 off the backfoot. Lovely shot!

Every run pakistan score now is taking this game towards safety. If pak end up with 450-470 that would mean that england scoring at 4 an over would require about 120 overs to overhaul us. Now even assuming that we get 30 overs in each session, which i doubt very much, england would require 4 sessions. Which would take the game into tea tomorrow.

Damn this calculation doesnt prove anything as pak are due a collapse in the 2nd innings

DAMN!!! Sami out! Poor shot driven straight back to Giles!

431 or 8

Shoaib come in and smack em all over the place

Akhtar should come in and blast them to all parts, its time for the final flourish beast style.

Akhtar will take Giles on...he has had success against the spinner in the past with his bat.

they should send in Kaneria to wind up the english a bit

The_Cricket_Devil said:
43 of 15 balls in 2003 wc comes to mind :D

That was an amazing innings! He could have broken the world record for the fastest half century!

Raz said:
That was an amazing innings! He could have broken the world record for the fastest half century!

well when he got out it was the 16th ball so the best akhtar couldve done was tie it however it was an amazing effort nonetheless and he broke the record for fastest ball that day as well :D

Kamran Akmal is NOT doing too badly even if he just stays there.

The longer Pakistan bat, the harder the English will have to play to force a win.

Last edited:
The_Cricket_Devil said:
well when he got out it was the 16th ball so the best akhtar couldve done was tie it however it was an amazing effort nonetheless and he broke the record for fastest ball that day as well :D

Oh yeah forgot about.

Anyway Akhtar on strike now

would like to see us bat out until lunch.

Then come out and tonk them for sixes galore. Knacker them out for a bit and then Shoaib can send down those 95mph bouncers to their faces.

I don't think pakistan has batted england out of the game yet. If England manage to catch up to pakistan's first inning score in the next 5 sessions( it has only taken pakistan 4 sessions to get to 450), they will have a chance to bowl pakistan out in the 2nd inning for 250 odd and chase that down on day 5.

108.3 Giles to Kamran Akmal, one run, faster ball, on off stump, nudges
it to cover and runs a single, Hair gives a warning to Kamran as
he is running on the wicket

Instructions from the dressing room....

250 wont be easy on day 5. This is pitch is going to break up.

it doesn't have to be 250 on the final day, my point is that there is way too much time left.

Flintoff farted and the wind generated from his fart blew the thread down here.

shoaib is sheilding akmal from harmison and giles

they have scored 4 runs from the last 5 overs

I do not understand the benefit of this. I mean, play for lunch fair enough, but this is going too far. I mean we are 435! It's not like we are in a precarious position.

excellent work being done here by kamran and shoaib. These two should take us to lunch.

Really, England will have to play sublime cricket to win it from here.

And if they do, they deserve it.

mooz said:
I don't think pakistan has batted england out of the game yet. If England manage to catch up to pakistan's first inning score in the next 5 sessions( it has only taken pakistan 4 sessions to get to 450), they will have a chance to bowl pakistan out in the 2nd inning for 250 odd and chase that down on day 5.

England would probably be in two minds though - attacking to win or playing to save. The former may mean some risky shots and the latter may mean going into a shell and still losing wickets. Pakistan are in a great position. I don't think England will win from here.

well 6 off this over so far already akmal sweeps down to fine leg for 2 followed by a 4 make that 10 this over!! go akmal! onto 40 now

The_Cricket_Devil said:
well 6 off this over so far already akmal sweeps down to fine leg for 2 followed by a 4 make that 10 this over!! go akmal! onto 40 now

Noodle getting hit around by Akmal....

akthar looking to beat record for longest ever duck.

altough akthars doing job keeping akmal company.

pak 446/8 @ lunch.

very very good session (146/4 in session)

Excellent session for The Pakistan

didn't morrison once bat like 80-90 balls without scoring a run

Amjid Javed said:
akthar looking to beat record for longest ever duck.

Whats the record, akh?

Is it that Allot guy from New Zealand?

entertaining session, lots of talking points, enough to keep me occupied for the 45 minutes till the start of play.

Blistering Barnacle said:
England would probably be in two minds though - attacking to win or playing to save. The former may mean some risky shots and the latter may mean going into a shell and still losing wickets. Pakistan are in a great position. I don't think England will win from here.

i dont think england will try to save it, they know they want to win the series, and saving this , then they cant win series, eng definately want to win

well done shahid - wrested initiative well and truly
well done inzi - cool calm and collected (lazy???) as ever
well done kamran - carried on timing the ball beautifully didnt lose your head
well done rana - quick fire 25 when it may have all gone pear shaped after inzi's bizarre dismissal
well done shoaib - showing great restraint and using his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back