Day 2, Test 2 Thread. Pakistan Vs England [21/11/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geoff Allot

Team: Canterbury
Style: Righ hand bat; Left arm fast-medium

New Zealand's most successful bowler in the recent one-day series against South Africa. Allot took 14 wickets with his brisk left-arm seamers; no other player took more than four.

Achieved a unique, albeit dubious treble against South Africa in the Test series with:

a) the longest time on 0 in Test history (101 minutes);

b) the longest time without scoring a run;

c) the longest-lasting duck in a first-class game.

In the seven one-day matches that followed scored a grand total of 0 runs (although, in fairness, he did only bat twice)

New Zealand 1st innings R M B 4 6
RG Twose c Boucher b Donald 31 120 83 4 1
MJ Horne b Adams 93 314 225 13 0
NJ Astle c Boucher b Donald 41 107 82 6 2
CD McMillan c Boucher b Cronje 25 80 69 4 0
CZ Harris not out 68 348 235 6 0
+AC Parore b Pollock 9 68 54 1 0
MD Bell b Klusener 6 53 43 1 0
*DJ Nash c Boucher b Klusener 1 7 2 0 0
DL Vettori c Cronje b Adams 32 70 74 4 0
SB Doull c Gibbs b Adams 17 39 26 2 1
GI Allott c Pollock b Kallis 0 101 77 0 0 :30:
Extras (lb 21, w 2, nb 6) 29
Total (all out, 160.4 overs) 352

Last edited:
England will have to bat at least 115 overs just to match Pakistan's total. Then there is also the small matter of establishing a lead.

Its not that it cannot be done. Its just that England will have to bat really, really well and Pakistan will have to bowl bowl and bat very poorly indeed.

If the Pakistani batsmen hang around for 10 more overs after lunch and add 30 more runs, England will have to bat the rest of today and all of tomorrow just to be on par.

I know some people here love being pessimistic. I mean...quite clearly they get a high out of it.

But for crying out loud....we're 446 for 8. CHEER UP.

karachiite said:
well done shahid - wrested initiative well and truly
well done inzi - cool calm and collected (lazy???) as ever
well done kamran - carried on timing the ball beautifully didnt lose your head
well done rana - quick fire 25 when it may have all gone pear shaped after inzi's bizarre dismissal
well done shoaib - showing great restraint and using his head.
I second that, decent session.

Let's hope Akmal gets at least his 50 and we make inroads into the English today

Tresco will be the big wicket. He has the patience and skill to succeed on this wicket. The rest of them may not like the slow ature of the pitch.

well i have school tomorrow so i will be heading to bed now inshallah i will wake up tomorrow to good news allahafiz every1

Sami and Akhtar have impressed with the bat - Akhtar more so. Lets hope they can both do well at their day job too. :)

akmal gone straight away afta lunch. caught behind!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Shoaib tonks the medium paced cheat for a six

Breaking news:

Giles to receive free hip replacement from the Queen for his services to English spin bowling.

462 all out

Good score. Well done Pakistan.

Those sixes have warmed Shoaib up, let's hope he can get a wicket or two supported by Rana at the other end

good work by pakistan now for some Tight bowling thats the only way u can get wickets on this surface

I would be very surprised if England were to win the game from here.

Hussain said:
Last 4 Wickets Adding 92 Runs

well we do have a crap tail as the commentators keep blabbering on about

This has gone out of England's hands now.

If they manage to bat until lunch on day 4 they'll have set Pakistan a target of around 150 runs to overhaul.

Pakistan will merely shut shop, bat out the day, try and add what they can to the score after overhauling it, make the match safe for themselves and probably set England around 200 to get in 35 overs on a turning last day pitch.

This by the way, is the least likely and best case scenario for England.

In all probablity the match will be drawn.

England plan to come hard at Pakistan, an admirable approach but one fraught with risks against bowlers like Akhtar and Kaneira.

I wonder who will share the new ball with Shoaib?

I have a feeling Tres is going to fall to Rana very soon, Inshallah.

I'd give it two more overs.

Decent pace, good line and length right from the start and he's swinging the new ball. Clearly not a test match bowler is he? ;0

Even if England lose just one wicket today, they will have to bat really quick all day tomorrow to have a decent chance of building a resaonable lead.

I still say drawn.

Well done, Pakistan for batting England out of contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back