Day 3: 1st Test, Pak vs Eng - Update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panesar to Inzamam-ul-Haq, 1 run, hit to mid-off to bring up his eighth fifty in a row against England. There’s no stopping him, is there? Or is there? Etither way, there's no denying he's deserved his runs here.

What going on? :(

From today's Guardian: http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/comment/0,,1820983,00.html

"Woolmer was at nets two hours before start of play, laying out enough cones for an M1 controflow, placing his rope ladders and his fielding mitts. About 40 minutes later, for reasons as yet confused, no Pakistan player had turned up. He collected up his wares and left. There are times when even one of the worldís foremost coaches can look like a Betterware salesman on a bad day."

shan said:
What going on? :(

From today's Guardian: http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/comment/0,,1820983,00.html

"Woolmer was at nets two hours before start of play, laying out enough cones for an M1 controflow, placing his rope ladders and his fielding mitts. About 40 minutes later, for reasons as yet confused, no Pakistan player had turned up. He collected up his wares and left. There are times when even one of the worldís foremost coaches can look like a Betterware salesman on a bad day."

I think it turned out to be a simple misunderstanding.

ShowStopper said:
I wonder what you mean by that cus we have been playing good cricket for quite sometime now.

no i meant it for this match, we have clearly showed no class in our bowling and fielding and our first 4 wickets fell cheaply

i knew MoYo will do something! lets hope that both batsmen score centurys and make names in this lords atmosphere

shan said:
what happened :(

good length delivery by plunket and a lose back fot on drive by moyo just landed an inch short of collingwoods hands

Holding was comparing Moyo and Inzi's different batting styles. He said both were great players.

Inzi moves his feet less than Moyo, and Moyo has a much higher bat lift.

And they both watch the ball onto the bat - the KEY.

194-4

Moyo nearing a ton - lets hope he gets it.

Easatheman said:
Holding was comparing Moyo and Inzi's different batting styles. He said both were great players.

Inzi moves his feet less than Moyo, and Moyo has a much higher bat lift.

And they both watch the ball onto the bat - the KEY.

he was actually on about trigger movement and how inzi first brings his front foot first followed by his back foot, and also wat u said

harmisson bowling good length and yousuf playing them very well

Lovely shot from Inzi.

He seems to have an age to play the ball.

Harmison to Mohammad Yousuf, FOUR, great shot. The ball was straight as a die, but somehow the batsman managed to whip that out through a very wide long-on. Panesar chased hard but his on-his-knees sliding and pat back goes in vain, as he connected (marginally, but they all count) with the rope

oooo, poor stroke attemted by moYo,

im very surprised that there isnt many pakistan fans watching, however the trent bridge test will be a sort of home advantage thing for pakistan

Plunkett to Inzamam-ul-Haq, no run, chases a beauty of an outswinger but fails to connect and Jones takes it low

ShowStopper said:
Harmison to Mohammad Yousuf, FOUR, great shot. The ball was straight as a die, but somehow the batsman managed to whip that out through a very wide long-on. Panesar chased hard but his on-his-knees sliding and pat back goes in vain, as he connected (marginally, but they all count) with the rope

it was inzi actually

ShowStopper said:

Inzi played the shot.

A glorious cover drive from MY. Elegance !

What a superb shot from Moyo

Pure timing and class through the off side.

In the prediction thread, I said we'd be 203-3, I wasn't far of. :)

Inzi averages 61 vs England, Moyo 66.

The two thorns in England's side.

Harmison coming around the wicket to Inzi

imran khan bigging up Inzamam the way he usually does on BBC commentary

Glorious on drive from the big man. Lovely balance and timing.

That was superbly kept out by Inzi, playing the short ball well.

Next ball a beautiful stroke towards midwicket. Played with a straight bat.

Life without Inzi and Yousuf seems hard, doesn't it? A job very well done so far.

Needs to be a bit careful Yousuf. Just opening the face an dplaying towards third man a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back