Does Ravichandran Ashwin chuck?

That's a twisted logic bro. If u truly believe that ICC is always correct and their testing procedure is flawless then would you pls tell me why were u critical of Ajmal's action in 2013? Wasn't he declared clean by the very same organization u r advocating now?

Secondly, why r u calling azmal a cheat? How do u know that azmal has bowled with an illegal action throughout his career? Perhaps his action has deteriorated over the years or perhaps the current testing procedure is flawed(not literally but it could be, right?)

The point is u can't just say that azmal is a cheat or liar. His bowling action was challenged....... He took the test......... He was declared clean........That should be end of discussion.
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] please reply

Great post actually.

Ajmal had been CLEARED TWICE before 2014 test so up till then there is no reason to put doubt on his record.

"There was a time in Bangladesh when you bowled with long sleeves. What was that about? You spoke about it in detail in the press conference, where you spoke about comparative advantage. Was that about utilising the 15-degree allowance? As I said, forming rules is not my job; playing is. If there is a 15-degree rule to be used as an advantage, why should I lag behind? There is a precise advantage that I wanted to use. People started thinking I had gone mad but I did not take offence. I felt only mad people succeed in life and if you're mad about something and believe in something, you will come out on top. I felt to a greater degree that I did come out on top. If I hadn't ventured into those things, I would not have learned as much as I did."

This statement, in the context of this interview:

cwv7jgHBWJE

And these screenshots for when he bowled with long sleeves:

l1BGfe0.jpg

fEJ6MGG.jpg

And you can clearly see that he chucked on purpose to gain an advantage and then admitted it in interview twice.

No. What he actually said was that he was taught to bowl with a perfectly straight arm and that since other bowlers were using upto 15 degrees elbow extension, he was going to do the same. That is perfectly legal under the ICC's rules of throwing/bowling. Now where does he say he is going to exceed 15 degrees?

Also you can't prove chucking with just still photos. :)

I'm happy that Ashwin, Vaughan, Broad were very vocal against chuckers. That led to the action against 40 degree cheaters like Ajmal.

Ashwin is pretty much a cricketing hero who exposed cheats :ajmal Some bitter folks simply can't handle that :yk

Reading the comments here.

I look at reasoning more than viewpoints.

I can see where savecricket's coming from (his thread got merged). Personally I wouldn't mind Ashwin getting tested (not cos some Pakistanis said but because all main spinners and pacers can be tested and we will know what extension each one has).

But the reasoning given by many here.....must say the perception and comprehension skills are so low that its pretty sad. I used to debate people but now I have left them to be in their own deluded world of faulty logic.

And "still" pictures look bad? Comment by Junaids. lol.

Here's Lyon who is probably the cleanest spinner currently:

l_1405076863_540x540.jpg

He bowls like this in match too but full sleeves hide it.

4363614-3x4-700x933.jpg

So does this mean Lyon is not a clean off spinner?

lol.

Now don't quote me saying still pictures can't be used for determining chucking. I know. I was just answering the still picture point of others.

---

When Ashwin's chucking thread in PP gets a lot of activity, you know he has done well in games. Haha.

Last edited:
No. What he actually said was that he was taught to bowl with a perfectly straight arm and that since other bowlers were using upto 15 degrees elbow extension, he was going to do the same. That is perfectly legal under the ICC's rules of throwing/bowling. Now where does he say he is going to exceed 15 degrees?

So the other bowlers were also bowling within 15 degrees. If yes then what was the issue lol and why the need for wearing full sleeves considering he had implied chuckers do that.

As I said. Fairly stupid statements and probably didnt think them through

There's a big difference between "i may do it" and "i have done it".

Based upon former, you can't give verdict of guilty. Latter, easily.

He is not refering to the future, he says ''there is an advantage I wanted to use in Bangladesh and I came out on top''.

Nowhere does he say he will stay within 15°. He says he decided to bend the elbow to gain an advantage and he wore full sleeves for it.

Reading the comments here.

I look at reasoning more than viewpoints.

I can see where savecricket's coming from (his thread got merged). Personally I wouldn't mind Ashwin getting tested (not cos some Pakistanis said but because all main spinners and pacers can be tested and we will know what extension each one has).

But the reasoning given by many here.....must say the perception and comprehension skills are so low that its pretty sad. I used to debate people but now I have left them to be in their own deluded world of faulty logic.

And "still" pictures look bad? Comment by Junaids. lol.

Here's Lyon who is probably the cleanest spinner currently:

View attachment 68672

He bowls like this in match too but full sleeves hide it.

View attachment 68673

So does this mean Lyon is not a clean off spinner?

lol.

Now don't quote me saying still pictures can't be used for determining chucking. I know. I was just answering the still picture point of others.

---

When Ashwin's chucking thread in PP gets a lot of activity, you know he has done well in games. Haha.

A single still picture doesn't show the straightening, several from the same delivery do. And by the way do you deny that Ashwin chucked in Asia Cup 2014?

The Ashwin Narine action chuck must be the most famous pic in cricket history.

Was wondering why it didn't come up till now.

Thats fairly normal for any cricketer and certainly not sth abt Ashwin. No one cared about Ajmal that much before he got into beast form post 2012 England series despite being officially cleared.

Same with other alleged chuckers.

btw as ive said clearly i dont think he chucks.

So the other bowlers were also bowling within 15 degrees. If yes then what was the issue lol and why the need for wearing full sleeves considering he had implied chuckers do that.

As I said. Fairly stupid statements and probably didnt think them through

The point was he never 'admitted' to cheating as another poster mentioned. He may have implied that he tried to cheat like the other chuckers but it's not the same as a candid admission of cheating. Subtle difference.

A single still picture doesn't show the straightening, several from the same delivery do. And by the way do you deny that Ashwin chucked in Asia Cup 2014?

I don't deny it. He chucked that game.

But I also saw your posts reg it and chuckled at your conclusion.

He is not refering to the future, he says ''there is an advantage I wanted to use in Bangladesh and I came out on top''.

Nowhere does he say he will stay within 15°. He says he decided to bend the elbow to gain an advantage and he wore full sleeves for it.

Nowhere does he say that he will exceed the limit either. How is that him admitting to cheating?

The point was he never 'admitted' to cheating as another poster mentioned. He may have implied that he tried to cheat like the other chuckers but it's not the same as a candid admission of cheating. Subtle difference.

doesnt matter

as I said only dunces cant read between the lines so its all the same

Thats fairly normal for any cricketer and certainly not sth abt Ashwin. No one cared about Ajmal that much before he got into beast form post 2012 England series despite being officially cleared.

Same with other alleged chuckers.

btw as ive said clearly i dont think he chucks.

Not really the same case. I know your viewpoint so not talking about you.

Ashwin's chucking thread wasn't active for months.

When Ashwin performed well in SL and SA, chucking threads got bumped.

When Yasir performed in Lord's, some were with full glee as to how he destroyed Ashwin.

Then now, this.

Its a trend.

Pretty low character behavior by some.

Ajmal was widely doubted by lots of fans and the talks about his action were constant while Ashwin is doubted by fans of one particular country.

doesnt matter

as I said only dunces cant read between the lines so its all the same

So we are back to arguing about "reading between the lines" eh? So what Ashwin actually said doesn't matter now. Well reading between the lines most non pakistani posters think he brought attention to the issue of chucking. Nothing more. nothing less.

I don't deny it. He chucked that game.

But I also saw your posts reg it and chuckled at your conclusion.

Yes, and Maradona only used his hand to score a goal once. He is still known for cheating 30 years later. It doesn't matter one game or several, rules are rules and it's despicable how Indians refuse to condemn Ashwin's deliberate breaking of them.

When Yasir performed in Lord's, some were with full glee as to how he destroyed Ashwin.

Then now, this.

Its a trend.

Ajmal was widely doubted by lots of fans and the talks about his action were constant while Ashwin is doubted by fans of one particular country.

True. Ashwin's action has never been questioned even when we toured Australia in 2014/15 after the crackdown. But some still insist that he's chucking. :facepalm:

Yes, and Maradona only used his hand to score a goal once. He is still known for cheating 30 years later. It doesn't matter one game or several, rules are rules and it's despicable how Indians refuse to condemn Ashwin's deliberate breaking of them.

Indians praise Ashwin for his masterstroke while they acknowledge that he chucked.

Good job I would say.

Then now, this.

Its a trend.

thats true.

But its also perpetuated by happenings at times. For eg. Harbhajan def had a case to be tested last year and in all honesty would prolly have failed the test by some margin. However not once was he called and he kept playing game after game.

So that plays into the conspiracy theorists' line that somehow Indians are immune to this and its some BCCI conspiracy

I actually wish they test Ashwin and clear this nonsense for good. There's no way he'd fail that test anyway.

Look everyone it's very simple in my mind and I'm sure a lot of will agree.
Ashwin is a chest on bowler - Yes
Ashwin hasn't been tested - Yes
There is a consensus on his action being dubiou - Yes
Should he be tested - Yes
It's that simple.
As for Lyon and co. If you guys feel they're also chucking then they too need to be tested - simple!
The fact you guys are avoiding the whole 'testing' debate suggests some of you are worried he could be a chucker.

thats true.

But its also perpetuated by happenings at times. For eg. Harbhajan def had a case to be tested last year and in all honesty would prolly have failed the test by some margin. However not once was he called and he kept playing game after game.

So that plays into the conspiracy theorists' line that somehow Indians are immune to this and its some BCCI conspiracy

That is a fair point.

I have had serious in depth look at his deliveries (slo mos and all) and yeah he should have been atleast tested.

True. Ashwin's action has never been questioned even when we toured Australia in 2014/15 after the crackdown. But some still insist that he's chucking. :facepalm:

Perhaps umpires were afraid to question his action. Perhaps they didn't want to confront with BCCI and jeopardize their career. Perhaps they were worried about their ipl contracts :uakmal

Btw, how r u nikhil bro. Haven't seen u for a while here.

It's that simple.
As for Lyon and co. If you guys feel they're also chucking then they too need to be tested - simple!
The fact you guys are avoiding the whole 'testing' debate suggests some of you are worried he could be a chucker.

I get your point but that part is not true.

There is a consensus outside Pakistan that he is a clean spinner.

Even the crazy Bishen Singh Bedi publicly called him a clean spinner while taking apart Murali, Ajmal, Ohja, Bhajji and others.

So consensus part is not true.

It's that simple.

There's no consensus on his current action being dubious. Not even on PP of all places. Nobody is avoiding the testing debate and many of us just want Ashwin to be tested knowing that he will clear it anyway.

It takes a special kind of blind to say that Ashwin didn't chuck on purpose in 2014.

Now, as for currently, I personally don't think that he still chucks. But that's the thing with cheating, there is no saying that, when the chips are down, he won't start again. After all, he didn't get punished the first time. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Obviously testing him now won't make a difference, I hope the ICC can do something the next time he chucks on purpose and brags about it in several interviews.

There's no consensus on his current action being dubious. Not even on PP of all places. Nobody is avoiding the testing debate and many of us just want Ashwin to be tested knowing that he will clear it anyway.

I'm glad one of you wants Ashwin tested

If there's no consensus why has this thread had so many posts?
Anyway I'll excuse the blatant lying but surely if you Ashwin supporters want him cleared then agree to have him tested.
We have a number of chest on bowlers playing in our amateur league. All of them look suspicious - I'm not saying every delivery but some are seriously dodgy. The same goes for Ashwin - some of his deliveries are as clean as a whistle but some look very suspicious which is why those who believe in justice in the world would like him tested. Nothing personal, nothing to do with India. Ashwin is a top flight bowler number 2 in the rankings if I'm not mistaken. He should really be set free from these allegations or have his action remodelled

Once a cheat, always a cheat? Lol Talk about childish arguments. :))

so Ajmal was not a chucker till summer of 2014 either and there should be no aspersions on his records prior to that considering unlike others he had been actually cleared. Do you agree?

Cos its PP where majority here are Pak posters.

Discussion boards will have a lot of posts in controversy threads.

I agree some posters may just want Ashwin thrown out because he's Indian but that's not the case for me. Otherwise I'd be calling Buvi a chucker which he could be or even Yadev.

But clearly you must see the risk in ashwins action. If the guy can deliberately chuck with such accuracy and control what's to say he's not doing that all the time but with the odd delivery?
You must admit there is too much doubt surrounding Ashwin and he should be tested once and for all.

And when he is tested I hope they ask him to duplicate the action he uses in matches like they did with Ajmal and co.

Some poster wont be happy even if he is tested and cleared. They will still cry about BCCI influence. Unless Ashwin is found guilty, such threads will keep popping up.

I agree some posters may just want Ashwin thrown out because he's Indian but that's not the case for me. Otherwise I'd be calling Buvi a chucker which he could be or even Yadev.

But clearly you must see the risk in ashwins action. If the guy can deliberately chuck with such accuracy and control what's to say he's not doing that all the time but with the odd delivery?
You must admit there is too much doubt surrounding Ashwin and he should be tested once and for all.

And when he is tested I hope they ask him to duplicate the action he uses in matches like they did with Ajmal and co.

What if that doesn't happen behind the doors. What if his test is just a hog-off? What next then?

so Ajmal was not a chucker till summer of 2014 either and there should be no aspersions on his records prior to that considering unlike others he had been actually cleared. Do you agree?

Officially yes. It is what it is. The ICC messed up with the whole chucking drama with Murali and the 15 degree rule was introduced. Else we will have to test all the past bowlers with the current testing protocol to see whether they were chuckers or not and it's not fair to Ajmal. However, we all know that the 2009 testing was completely different and was deemed ineffective. Would Ajmal have cleared the current tests in 2009? I personally don't think so. But he was cleared and that's that. But the fact is he did fail the test in 2014. How many tests did Ashwin fail? There is only speculation regarding Ashwin's action for a couple of matches in his career. That's it.

What if that doesn't happen behind the doors. What if his test is just a hog-off? What next then?

There's only so much one can control. If the powers that be are as corrupt as some of us think then there is little hope for justice.

That shouldn't stop the fight for justice in the world

Some poster wont be happy even if he is tested and cleared. They will still cry about BCCI influence. Unless Ashwin is found guilty, such threads will keep popping up.

So you agree he should be tested?
When he is I hope it's in Australia or England

See the issue is not that he is not tested for some posters. Endy openly stated that he thinks Ashwin will clear the test. But because Endy is so utterly convinced that Ashwin chucked in 2014, he thinks even proven not guilty now will not matter because Ashwin apparently cheated once according to Endy which was never proven.

Hence, Endy will never be satisfied and he will keep whining till Ashwin retires and even then he will whine some more because the salt has to come out sometime.

See the issue is not that he is not tested for some posters. Endy openly stated that he thinks Ashwin will clear the test. But because Endy is so utterly convinced that Ashwin chucked in 2014, he thinks even proven not guilty now will not matter because Ashwin apparently cheated once according to Endy which was never proven.

Hence, Endy will never be satisfied and he will keep whining till Ashwin retires and even then he will whine some more because the salt has to come out sometime.

This is not about Endy lol
Has anyone tried chuckling in a game that doesn't otherwise lol I doubt it's very easy to control a throw when you're used to bowling

Were umpires best placed to let Ajmal bowl for years without being tested?

Ajmal was a blatant chucker, same was the case with Hafeez. However, Ashwin's action today is as clean as they come, so don't see a reason why any umpire would report him.

This is not about Endy lol
Has anyone tried chuckling in a game that doesn't otherwise lol I doubt it's very easy to control a throw when you're used to bowling

I don't put it past a smart operator :raja like Ashwin to actually practice some controversial deliveries just for kicks. The guy has captaincy written all over him. Very shrewd guy.

Anyway I'll excuse the blatant lying but surely if you Ashwin supporters want him cleared then agree to have him tested.
We have a number of chest on bowlers playing in our amateur league. All of them look suspicious - I'm not saying every delivery but some are seriously dodgy. The same goes for Ashwin - some of his deliveries are as clean as a whistle but some look very suspicious which is why those who believe in justice in the world would like him tested. Nothing personal, nothing to do with India. Ashwin is a top flight bowler number 2 in the rankings if I'm not mistaken. He should really be set free from these allegations or have his action remodelled

It has nothing to do with chest arm bowlers.

Chucking can be quite easily identified using the naked eye (not using still photographs). You can see a flinging action of the bowler's arm when he chucks. If you have played shot put in school, chucking action is a bit similar to the way one throws a shot, only with less exaggeration but the kinking of the arm can be quite easily identified nonetheless (not the bent elbow).

Ashwin has one of the cleanest actions for a finger spinner. Furthermore, bowlers mostly use chucking to bowl a rapid doosra to bamboozle the batsman. Ashwin has been bowling deliveries with a beautiful loop and generates considerable bounce (see dismissals of windies batsmen especially Holder in the 2nd innings) and so I don't see how he can benefit from chucking unless he is darting in doosras left, right and centre which he has admitted he can't bowl. It just appears to me that people want him tested just because he happens to be Indian and is getting a lot of wickets.

Did he pass latest ICC bowling tests? Every bowler is chucker until they pass the test. No umpire will call Ashwin because BCCI is too powerful and they will shorten his umpiring career. That is why umpire should not have any role in calling bowlers for chucking. It should be random test like drug test in sports.
If you know all this already then why bother whining?

Unless his action has considerably changed from WT20 2016 to this West Indies series no one is watching, then Ashwin is not a chucker. Fairly clean action.

It is funny though, if not at all surprising, to see the hypocrisy of some Indian fans here. Imran Khan admitted to messing around with the condition of the ball in a single, pointless county match for experimental purposes to see how the ball will behave. And for that one isolated incident many of our Indian brothers label him a ball tamperer and show their insecurity regarding him by trying to unsuccessfully tarnish his cricketing legacy. Not only that but they also try to rope in Wasim and Waqar in this discussion by extension lol.

And here you have Ashwin who blatantly chucked in international matches and pretty much accepted that he did so but he isnt called a chucker by the same brigade.
I am looking for a quote where Ashwin says he has chucked.
you calling him Pakistani doesnt make him one lol.
Yea he is not a Pakistani but knows pakistani team domestic players rookies everything.
you are no one to judge anyone's spirit

Only ma boy [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] can do that but even he can only do in regards to Indians.
You dont want to go there sloggy.
So was Sachin and was suspended in a game as well before Indians had the usual national whinefest
He was not suspended in a game.He appealed and was exonerated.Just like Inzy and Pak team appealed and were exonerated in 2006

That's a twisted logic bro. If u truly believe that ICC is always correct and their testing procedure is flawless then would you pls tell me why were u critical of Ajmal's action in 2013? Wasn't he declared clean by the very same organization u r advocating now?

Secondly, why r u calling azmal a cheat? How do u know that azmal has bowled with an illegal action throughout his career? Perhaps his action has deteriorated over the years or perhaps the current testing procedure is flawed(not literally but it could be, right?)

The point is u can't just say that azmal is a cheat or liar. His bowling action was challenged....... He took the test......... He was declared clean........That should be end of discussion.

ICC was not serious about chucking before the Big 3 takeover, that is why extreme chuckers like Ajmal and Senanayake got away with it.

Any testing procedure that allows these javelin throwers to get away with it cannot be trusted. However, the current methods seem appropriate since of the speculated chuckers have been binned.

I call Ajmal a cheat because he lied about his elbow. He said that his elbow is deformed that is why his action is like this, which proved to be a lie and that means that he knew what he was doing.

Who cares about what people (including umpires) think when Ashwin himself has admitted to chucking? It's a disgrace how you defend this guy who cheated and showed no remorse for it.

ICC was not serious about chucking at that time, and Ashwin played a big role in the clampdown. He did great service to the game of cricket by eliminating these javelin throwers.

If he bowls with the same action now, the umpires will report him.

Some people will get peace only and only if Ashwin is banned. If he gets reported and passes the test, it will be a BCCI conspiracy as well.

Hence, some people should call it as it is - just admit it that you want Ashwin banned.

It's that simple.
What consensus?Whose consensus?

Yes, I think that is for the best. At least the doubters will be silenced.
Test will be considered fixed then.
Discussion on a forum means nothing.Opinions here have no value to ICC or anyone governing the game.Its the opinion of the umpires that matter.
Anyways guys, Ashwin back to world number 1 in ranking.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/player-rankings/mens-test
You are cruel SIF.

Reading the posts of
[MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION] [MENTION=139840]Balthazar[/MENTION]

On this thread makes me believe its time for me to retire.My posts have already decreased a lot.But i believe the Indian POV is in safe hands here.

Athu pathukalam..Irukkave irukku home season.

Namakku thaan first rank, vera oru paya kai vekka koodathu:narine

Home season la thaan first rank vaanga mudiyum, so vanginaalum adutha varsham adhu poida poruthu :mv

Prayojaname kadayathu :sanga

Reading the posts of
[MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION] [MENTION=139840]Balthazar[/MENTION]

On this thread makes me believe its time for me to retire.My posts have already decreased a lot.But i believe the Indian POV is in safe hands here.

Long time posters rarely retire suddenly.

They gradually phase out.

So no joshila bhai....you won't retire. :D

Maybe phase out....probably in the next few years just like all of us.

Long time posters rarely retire suddenly.

They gradually phase out.

So no joshila bhai....you won't retire. :D

Maybe phase out....probably in the next few years just like all of us.
As i said i have already reduced my posts.And once you see that there are people who can put across the same views that you want to put across in a similar or better way its time to retire.I visited this thread with some points in mind and i realised all of them were already addressed.

Aastrayliya thaan periya thalavali :danish

Tbh it is very hard for a visiting spinner to master the Australian conditions. They are the flattest of phattas and the bowling of the likes of Swann and Warne have got murdered there. He didn't get a fair chance during the last round of overseas tours. Jadeja was always preferred over him and got only 30 overs in England, one match in SA, didn't bowl in NZ and got dropped for Karn Sharma at Adelaide. Still I think he was improving in that series and was the impressive ones among the spinners in the world cup. I think he will do well of he gets a fair chance instead of one or two matches in Australia. He may not pick a truckload of wickets, but will definitely have an overall good outing.

Tbh it is very hard for a visiting spinner to master the Australian conditions. They are the flattest of phattas and the bowling of the likes of Swann and Warne have got murdered there. He didn't get a fair chance during the last round of overseas tours. Jadeja was always preferred over him and got only 30 overs in England, one match in SA, didn't bowl in NZ and got dropped for Karn Sharma at Adelaide. Still I think he was improving in that series and was the impressive ones among the spinners in the world cup. I think he will do well of he gets a fair chance instead of one or two matches in Australia. He may not pick a truckload of wickets, but will definitely have an overall good outing.

Knowing Kohli, he will always prefer a leggie as his second spinner as he sees the leggie as an attacking option. That is why you saw Karn Sharma in Adelaide and Mishra over Jadeja here in Antigua.

I am afraid Jadeja is not going to feature in many tests as long as Kohli is the captain.

As i said i have already reduced my posts.And once you see that there are people who can put across the same views that you want to put across in a similar or better way its time to retire.I visited this thread with some points in mind and i realised all of them were already addressed.

Well....Indian POV in Time Pass forum, administrative aspects of cricket, etc are yet to be filled so you won't retire before passing the baton. :p

Knowing Kohli, he will always prefer a leggie as his second spinner as he sees the leggie as an attacking option. That is why you saw Karn Sharma in Adelaide and Mishra over Jadeja here in Antigua.

I am afraid Jadeja is not going to feature in many tests as long as Kohli is the captain.

Don't think so...Kohli does experiment but once he sees who works and who doesn't, he switches back.

Jaddu is a very effective bowler and if he has more bite than Mishy, then eventually he will come back.

In India, all 3 will play.

Leg spinners are more attacking in Australia is a myth but without concrete results. Apart from Warne, there is no clear difference in the performance between the finger and wrist spinners there. Mostly all visiting spinners have been taken apart on those pattas. But finger spinners like Herath, Lyon, Hauritz have decent records there. For me it's simple, you always pick your best bowlers regardless of the tracks in all your matches. Karn Sharma was picked and you saw an off spinner in Lyon wreaking havoc at Adelaide.

Last edited:
Too much hate is not good guys. I know you guys just got embarrased by Eng and also India just won a big game. But hard times does not mean Ashwin is a chucker suddenly...lol

India has got strong domestic structure where chuckers are screened out. Hence Ojha was ejected even though he was a successful bowler. Unlike other boards we dont let chuckers to represent us in national team and then get embarrased by ICC. We eradicate chuckers on ground level.

For few posters to come and suddenly say Ashwin is a chucker even though his action looks clean by naked eye, no umpires reported yet, no players complained either (except the banned ones like Ajmal etc.) sounds whinning than anything.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reading the posts of

No way . :sa. Nobody can debate better than you CJ :bow:

I get your point but that part is not true.

There is a consensus outside Pakistan that he is a clean spinner.

Even the crazy Bishen Singh Bedi publicly called him a clean spinner while taking apart Murali, Ajmal, Ohja, Bhajji and others.

So consensus part is not true.

Whether Ashwin chucks or not i guess is open to debate, I personally all spinners should be tested just to make things fair and no-one is cherry picked just because they are from a particualr country.

I think a lot of pakistanis didnt want to admit that ajmal chucked however, the indian media was obsessed with ajmal action, more so than any other country and its because they kept on harping on about ti then maybe others started to pinpoint same too however it was indian media that was moer obsessed with it. If ajmal was tested then bhajji, ashwin, lyon etc should all be tested and if they have nothing to be scared of then they should go ahead with it however the consensus is that certain country members are cherry picked and not others.

Whenever i see ashwin bowl, it feels like seeing a live day light robbery. Sad state of affairs in cricket.

Whenever i see ashwin bowl, it feels like seeing a live day light robbery. Sad state of affairs in cricket.

Robbery is what Ajmal did all those years when he should have been called the first time he bowled.Ashwin doesnt evoke chucking suspicions from fans all over the world. Clearly your grapes are sour :AAG

Shows the mentality of some Pak fans. India fans heartily appreciated Yasir on his success in Lords. But when Ashwin performs, there are some who come out of the woodworks taking shots at him. We were told by :afridi that Pakistanis have bigger hearts than Indians. Clearly the inverse is true. Pakistanis can't stand Indian success whilst Indians can be rarely bothered by their success.

Back