Does Ravichandran Ashwin chuck?

I have no hate for Ashwin or any other Indian bowler for that matter, only for Kohli though :)) [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] but I suggest a simple way to end this debate once and for all.

1) All off spinners who have played a certain amount of games or taken a certain amount of wickets (we can have a set standard for this - like 10 test matches or 50+ wickets in any format) should be tested with immediate effect.

2) The Test can not be conducted in their home country - Gor@y should come to India for testing while Desis should travel to either England or Australia

A very simple solution that would make life a lot easier for all of us involved and would drastically reduced these useless threads that are going on about. Every website pays hosting fees to run their affairs, the unnecessary amount of data that is being utilized for a petty debate such as this is better to buried once and for all.

Any other type of bowler who chucks such as fast bowlers, SLA or leg spinners are obvious to the naked eye and hence would only be tested if they are reported by the on field umpires.

Reasonable enough request ?? What do you guys think ?? [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] [MENTION=139315]Indian_Supporter[/MENTION] [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=123466]Fire Bird[/MENTION]

I have no hate for Ashwin or any other Indian bowler for that matter, only for Kohli though :)) [MENTION=138379]#GreenRoars[/MENTION] but I suggest a simple way to end this debate once and for all.

1) All off spinners who have played a certain amount of games or taken a certain amount of wickets (we can have a set standard for this - like 10 test matches or 50+ wickets in any format) should be tested with immediate effect.

2) The Test can not be conducted in their home country - Gor@y should come to India for testing while Desis should travel to either England or Australia

A very simple solution that would make life a lot easier for all of us involved and would drastically reduced these useless threads that are going on about. Every website pays hosting fees to run their affairs, the unnecessary amount of data that is being utilized for a petty debate such as this is better to buried once and for all.

Any other type of bowler who chucks such as fast bowlers, SLA or leg spinners are obvious to the naked eye and hence would only be tested if they are reported by the on field umpires.

Reasonable enough request ?? What do you guys think ?? [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] [MENTION=76058]cricketjoshila[/MENTION] [MENTION=139315]Indian_Supporter[/MENTION] [MENTION=139664]street cricketer[/MENTION] [MENTION=123466]Fire Bird[/MENTION]

No issues whatsoever with that. Ashwin would clear any test with flying colours. :srini

Not being able to test your own bowlers in your own country will completely negate a large incentive to run a testing centre.

Not being able to test your own bowlers in your own country will completely negate a large incentive to run a testing centre.

They can conduct their own tests for domestics, before someone debuts etc to weed out any illegal actions whatsoever, but when any off spinner who falls into the category I have mentioned will have to travel to any other country and reaffirm the results he had with his own board.

Would make matters interesting as if there is any difference in the findings as that would force the ICC to have a given testing standard and technology being used would be equal and all for everyone. Mate !! I am not really writing rocket science here am I now :D

As expected rubbish arguments. Ashwin is a world class All Rounder now and will go down as the top 15 All Rounders of all time.

The problem is with the system, no one will be convinced with Ashwin's action until he gets tested in Australia or England.

Also, I doubt if even one Pakistan spinner can pass the test in India because we all know its fixed hence why ICC AKA "Indian Cricket Council" and no one can deny that...

A few posters here one deleted post away from a ban.

Suggest you all pipe down or face a perm ban for posting garbage.

The problem is with the system, no one will be convinced with Ashwin's action until he gets tested in Australia or England.

Also, I doubt if even one Pakistan spinner can pass the test in India because we all know its fixed hence why ICC AKA "Indian Cricket Council" and no one can deny that...

Bilal Asif was cleared without a ban, and guess where, in Chennai.

Displaces Yasir as #1 bower in the ICC test rankings...#kabalida :D

His action was diabolical in the last game. Definitely chucked quite a few balls.

He can say whatever he wants, he intentionally broke the rules in match situation. He will forever be known as a cheater.

And you can never trust a cheater, who is to say Ashwin won't start chucking again when the going gets tough for him. He did it before and got away with it. He will do it again.

Cricket is not yet BCCI's that Indian cricketers are free to invent their rules and decide when they can chuck and when they can't. Maybe they won't be punished due to indian influence but people will always call out the truth: Ashwin is a cheater.

Same Indians who never fail to mention 'chucking' along with Ajmal are willing to turn a blind eye to Ashwin chucking because "he said he only did it once"

Its ok guys. :))

Probably one day he may get tested due to change in ICC rules where every bowler may have to clear it (I personally welcome that).

If he fails then, have a great day.

Till then, squirm a bit.

Or a lot.

Your call. :D

Home season is coming up.

Same Indians who never fail to mention 'chucking' along with Ajmal are willing to turn a blind eye to Ashwin chucking because "he said he only did it once"

Just like Pakistanis are willing to turn a blind eye to Amir's fixing. Some of you even wanted Asif and Butt back. And FYI he wore long sleeves but its not conclusive if he chucked. Even if he did, it was during a time when it was still legal. Unlike Ajmal who continued to chuck even after the rule was passed and also lied to the world that he had a slight deformity in his arms like Murali was supposed to have.

Did he say that, no he didn't. Assuming he said that, even then the only thing he can be called for is a questionable action in some match, something that does not happen at all.

There is a reason why international players around the world were tweeting about Ajmal's chucking. You won't see anything like that happening with Ashwin because the only people questioning his action are bitter Pakistani fans who have a habit of living in denial and pretending to be victims.

His action was diabolical in the last game. Definitely chucked quite a few balls.
Was it? Was he sucking blood from a human throat like a vampire. Where is your proof that he chucked. Unless you produce proof, your post screams jealousy, bitterness and likely hate.

Even Ian Pont who questioned Ashwin's action on twitter by posting his Narine chucking action said this in a forum:

Just to be clear... I was questioning the fact that we do not monitor bowling actions live. The Ashwin pics are from 2014 where Ashwin himself, I believe, said he was fed up with others bending their elbow to bowl and this was a protest.

Ashwin's action is clean normally.

The situation with bowlers being reported is they are then tested in a Laboratory and some might be able to 'beat' the test. I am calling for better cameras and software to monitor actions in matches, as we do with DRS, no balls and LBW decisions, so any problems can be addressed at the time - and a 'no ball' called and a free hit for an illegal action.

It's not nice for the batsmen who have been dismissed over the years by chuckers, and it is not fair for the fans or the game of cricket.

That's why i said at what point do you look at actions, or leave them alone. Ashwin was making a point. And a very good one

Whole world understands 1+1 = 2

Yet some here can't (reg the Narine incident).

lol.

Ashwin - Going to go down as the best clean offspinner of the modern era and probably a world class all-rounder as well . Add to that, the manner in which he subtly exposed chuckers and helped clean up the sport and we might be seeing one of the greatest cricketers of all time. Stuff of legend ! Doesn't hurt that he makes a lot of people burn too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashwin , Broad etc did a great service to world cricket by being vocal about chuckers getting unfair advantage. World cricket is better off without chuckers.

A question to Pakistani posters.

Are there international players or neutral fans calling Ashwin a chucker or tweeting about his action? They did this to Ajmal, so why not Ashwin? :13:

Ashwin - Going to go down as the best clean offspinner of the modern era and probably a world class all-rounder as well . Add to that, the manner in which he subtly exposed chuckers and helped clean up the sport and we might be seeing one of the greatest cricketers of all time. Stuff of legend ! Doesn't hurt that he makes a lot of people burn too.

Jai Shri Ram! Well done brother! :amla

I don't think he is more cleaner than say Swann.

I have checked.

Lyon is clean too but since he wears sleeves, you don't know if he is Swann level clean or like Ashwin.

Ash does have a bit of a extension at times (very mild).

What's your take?

A question to Pakistani posters.

Are there international players or neutral fans calling Ashwin a chucker or tweeting about his action? They did this to Ajmal, so why not Ashwin? :13:

You will hear the sound of crickets (the insect not the sport) or a diversion. This some of them consider banter.

So why were people like Dhawan and Rayudu called for chucking? You mean since they are not regular bowlers and BCCI wanted to project a clean image they sacrificed lesser , non-important bowlers?

What about Ojha??

Ashwin is the #1 test bowler and #1 test all-rounder...what a statement!

Nikhil is in form today :)) middling everything that comes his way !!

Well done bro :14: - On topic though I think Ashwin could be a clean spinner but we would never get to know it since he won't be getting tested anytime soon. :najam

Quite hilarious by some posters here who would certainly be the first one to question Murlis achievement of 800 odd wickets, quite apparent with the GO-BOWL voting that happened last week, saying that he wasn't tested by Modern standards hence shouldn't be considered an ATG spinner but wouldn't keep the same line of reasoning for Ashwin. :D

And then paroses ask why we act petty, biased and hate-filled :kakmal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he is more cleaner than say Swann.

I have checked.

Lyon is clean too but since he wears sleeves, you don't know if he is Swann level clean or like Ashwin.

Ash does have a bit of a extension at times (very mild).

What's your take?

Definitely not as clean as Swann or Lyon. But within 15 degrees even when he does extend a bit which is rare for him. Only in 2014 did he chuck and thst too to prove a point in the Asia Cup and IPL.

People often compare Ash with Hafeez and say both are borderline chuckers but that's not true at all. Hafeez was a very smart cricketer who chucked occasionally but did extend it by quite a bit when batsmen went after him. His pause was quite the difference maker. And also he was caught chucking even with the remodelled action. Ash had never chucked in the last two years to the best if my knowledge. He used his body better to impart side spin and his off break drifts away and dips sharply before turning. He also gets a bit more bounce thanks to his height. This is what Gad made him so lethal(relatively)

Well done bro :14: - On topic though I think Ashwin could be a clean spinner but we would never get to know it since he won't be getting tested anytime soon. :najam

Quite hilarious by some posters here who would certainly be the first one to question Murlis achievement of 800 odd wickets, quite apparent with the GO-BOWL voting that happened last week, saying that he wasn't tested by Modern standards hence shouldn't be considered an ATG spinner but wouldn't keep the same line of reasoning for Ashwin. :D

Murali had a visible chink in his action unlike Ashwin. No wonder the former was called and the latter wasn't. Next.

Just like Pakistanis are willing to turn a blind eye to Amir's fixing. Some of you even wanted Asif and Butt back. And FYI he wore long sleeves but its not conclusive if he chucked. Even if he did, it was during a time when it was still legal. Unlike Ajmal who continued to chuck even after the rule was passed and also lied to the world that he had a slight deformity in his arms like Murali was supposed to have.

Did he say that, no he didn't. Assuming he said that, even then the only thing he can be called for is a questionable action in some match, something that does not happen at all.

There is a reason why international players around the world were tweeting about Ajmal's chucking. You won't see anything like that happening with Ashwin because the only people questioning his action are bitter Pakistani fans who have a habit of living in denial and pretending to be victims.

before you lot get defensive as usual try to understand what I said..I didn't say he chucks...I just said Indians turn a blind eye to him openly admitting to chuck while never failing to mention chucking with Ajmal. Was pointing out the double standard which you guys have made clear further with your posts.

You guys say it was 'okay' back then to chuck as if that makes chucking acceptable? Chucking is wrong and should be called out despite it being done by the only good spinner you guys have.

No Pakistani turned a blind eye to Amir fixing..it was accepted and he PAID for it. Something Ashwin has not done for chucking he himself admitted to. Also you might be taught something else by doordarshan but Amir was coerced in to fixing (read up the story) but unlike you lot I will still call out what he did was wrong and I'm glad he paid for it.

and yes zak fan your own spinning hero admitted to chucking..but he said "because everyone was doing it"...as if that makes it morally acceptable...probably does to you guys though because anything is fair when India benefits.

Also, the so called lie about Ajmal's arm was accepted by the then ruling body and an exception was made. Don't be mad at Ajmal for that, young buck.

Murali had a visible chink in his action unlike Ashwin. No wonder the former was called and the latter wasn't. Next.

Subjectivity is such a nice thing isn't it :) anyways this debate isn't going anywhere and I don't see the ICC or any other body brave enough to call a spade a spade.

If you would've cared to read my first post on this thread, regarding the matter i.e. I believe you would understand that not all of us are as irrational as you think (which clearly doesn't matter but whatever).

If you can't agree to something as logical as that then there is a high chance that insecurity or active bias might be at play.

Definitely not as clean as Swann or Lyon. But within 15 degrees even when he does extend a bit which is rare for him. Only in 2014 did he chuck and thst too to prove a point in the Asia Cup and IPL.

People often compare Ash with Hafeez and say both are borderline chuckers but that's not true at all. Hafeez was a very smart cricketer who chucked occasionally but did extend it by quite a bit when batsmen went after him. His pause was quite the difference maker. And also he was caught chucking even with the remodelled action. Ash had never chucked in the last two years to the best if my knowledge. He used his body better to impart side spin and his off break drifts away and dips sharply before turning. He also gets a bit more bounce thanks to his height. This is what Gad made him so lethal(relatively)

You are right. Hafeez comparison is not right. Plus Hafeez was not always an out and out chucker. He can bowl without chucking and I think he used to (or atleast could do so).

But when he got banned, he had a HUGE extension in the Champion League's game and I guess that kind of deliveries got him into trouble in international cricket.

I have done quite a bit of background tests reg this and Hafeez in one video looked fine but in another had a heavy extension. Bad habits more than anything I guess.

I'm for testing Ashwin btw. :srini There's no way Ashwin is going to fail that test because unlike what some posters think it's not because of chucking that he has become such a good bowler recently. He simply has the tools to succeed at classical offspin like Swann and of course bowls on relatively helpful pitches. Some posters are just jealous that they can't produce a classical offspinner who is atleast half as good :yk As for the chucking, i have admitted that I think Ashwin chucked for sometime in 2014 but he was never proven to be so he will never considered a cheat.

Waqar Younis was caught for ball tampering and he was actually surprised at being caught way back in 2000. He claimed that he had always used these 'methods' to prepare/swing the ball. Should I consider him a cheat for his entire career because he pretty much admitted to tampering for all of his career.

It's not our fault that Ashwin was too smart to make similar comments. He's an engineer after all :amla

You are right. Hafeez comparison is not right. Plus Hafeez was not always an out and out chucker. He can bowl without chucking and I think he used to (or atleast could do so).

But when he got banned, he had a HUGE extension in the Champion League's game and I guess that kind of deliveries got him into trouble in international cricket.

I have done quite a bit of background tests reg this and Hafeez in one video looked fine but in another had a heavy extension. Bad habits more than anything I guess.

Hafeez with occasional pause and chucking - very difficult to get away and you get 10 miserly overs almost every match. Hafeez with no chucking or pause and he'll get smashed by even the worst of sloggers.

Leaving aside Murali (which is a different case), Ashwin is the only offie who got good at flight, drift and dip after supposedly chucking.

All other accused offies got good at turn, doosra, variations and accuracy. None of them (the ones I am aware of) were renowned for the classical aspects of off spin bowling.

Leaving aside Murali (which is a different case), Ashwin is the only offie who got good at flight, drift and dip after supposedly chucking.

All other accused offies got good at turn, doosra, variations and accuracy. None of them (the ones I am aware of) were renowned for the classical aspects of off spin bowling.

This. Chucking does not give you the advantages that has made Ashwin a terrific bowler. But of course Ram knows best.

Subjectivity is such a nice thing isn't it :) anyways this debate isn't going anywhere and I don't see the ICC or any other body brave enough to call a spade a spade.

If you would've cared to read my first post on this thread, regarding the matter i.e. I believe you would understand that not all of us are as irrational as you think (which clearly doesn't matter but whatever).

If you can't agree to something as logical as that then there is a high chance that insecurity or active bias might be at play.

You are accusing me of something that you yourself are guilty of. Im not questioning the existence of this thread because it raises a question in the OP. I only have issue with posters claiming Ashwin is a blatant chucker for which they have no proof.

My god, all this ruckus because Ashwin got to no.1 position?:yk

Funny because I never saw any Indians raise Yasir's doping history when he became no.1, was only congratulations.

But here, chucking allegations start flying as soon as Ashwin has a good game. Otherwise he is a no name spinner:narine

before you lot get defensive as usual try to understand what I said..I didn't say he chucks...I just said Indians turn a blind eye to him openly admitting to chuck while never failing to mention chucking with Ajmal. Was pointing out the double standard which you guys have made clear further with your posts.

You guys say it was 'okay' back then to chuck as if that makes chucking acceptable? Chucking is wrong and should be called out despite it being done by the only good spinner you guys have.

No Pakistani turned a blind eye to Amir fixing..it was accepted and he PAID for it. Something Ashwin has not done for chucking he himself admitted to. Also you might be taught something else by doordarshan but Amir was coerced in to fixing (read up the story) but unlike you lot I will still call out what he did was wrong and I'm glad he paid for it.

and yes zak fan your own spinning hero admitted to chucking..but he said "because everyone was doing it"...as if that makes it morally acceptable...probably does to you guys though because anything is fair when India benefits.

Also, the so called lie about Ajmal's arm was accepted by the then ruling body and an exception was made. Don't be mad at Ajmal for that, young buck.

I don't know what you have been fed by PTV but Ashwin never admitted to chucking. Maybe your comprehension skills are a bit off.

Funny because I never saw any Indians raise Yasir's doping history when he became no.1, was only congratulations.

But here, chucking allegations start flying as soon as Ashwin has a good game. Otherwise he is a no name spinner:narine

Spot on. As long as Ashwin is bowling garbage, these same people will come in and say how much he sucks.

You are accusing me of something that you yourself are guilty of. Im not questioning the existence of this thread because it raises a question in the OP. I only have issue with posters claiming Ashwin is a blatant chucker for which they have no proof.

Again here, you have gone off on a tangent and lambasted me personally for something which I haven't done throughout this thread, or any other thread for that matter - but bro don't worry I won't low my argument down to a level which I think is socially not correct.

On topic, my stance is that all chest on off spin bowlers should be tested by approved ICC testing centers anywhere other than there home country and the eligibility for testing shouldn't be an Umpire doing so in a live match but rather than the bowler becoming eligible for one after he's completed an X amount of tests or taken X amount of wickets.

It isn't that difficult a concept to grasp is it now !!

Again here, you have gone off on a tangent and lambasted me personally for something which I haven't done throughout this thread, or any other thread for that matter - but bro don't worry I won't low my argument down to a level which I think is socially not correct.

On topic, my stance is that all chest on off spin bowlers should be tested by approved ICC testing centers anywhere other than there home country and the eligibility for testing shouldn't be an Umpire doing so in a live match but rather than the bowler becoming eligible for one after he's completed an X amount of tests or taken X amount of wickets.

It isn't that difficult a concept to grasp is it now !!

As I haev stated in this thread I dont have a problem with them being tested.

Glad we got that out of the way.... Now let's work together to achieve World Peace :D

Yup can be achieved with a click of a button. Lets move to time pass section and watch PP meltdown :))

I still think there is enough in his action to raise suspect but it will only happen if Aussies or the Poms moan about it but they won't because of the being part of the big 3.

Yeah that's why India send Pragyan Ojha to rehab who once was a gun bowler for India, even outperforming Aswin :facepalm:.

but I suggest a simple way to end this debate once and for all.

Are you sure people will stop complain then.? They'll say Aswin was passed test due to Big3/BCCI influence, like Sachin lbw decision @ WC11!

Are you sure people will stop complain then.? They'll say Aswin was passed test due to Big3/BCCI influence, like Sachin lbw decision @ WC11!

There are all sorts of people in this world bro, so you can't make everyone happy but even so it wouldn't hurt to have a system in place that achieves the maximum transparency and doesn't get called for a blatant bias, by even some rational people going around.

I think my requests are relatively in norm of proper reasoning as it creates a set standard for all stakeholders involved and gives a fair assessment on any debate that might conjure due to subjectivity and personal opinion at large.

I don't think I can explain it in any more simple terms than I have right now. It's now the prerogative of the posters to agree or disagree with the latter - we all have the right to agree to disagree

Yasirs doping issue doesn't have any relation because he was punished for negligence hence the minimal sentence. Same reason why no one brings Warne's doping history.

Yeah that's why India send Pragyan Ojha to rehab who once was a gun bowler for India, even outperforming Aswin :facepalm:.
Ok now you're straight up lying lol. He wasn't rolling over sides

Yasirs doping issue doesn't have any relation because he was punished for negligence hence the minimal sentence. Same reason why no one brings Warne's doping history.
Not that I'm alleging Ashwin chucks. Just pointing to the false equivalence in your statement

Lol [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] calm down dude...always thought you a reasonable poster. You really think Ravi Ashwin chucks and umpires are scared to report him? C'mmon dont be so naive.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Unless its a performance enhancing drug that makes one lose weight/regain fitness or recover quickly from injury. Then it shouldnt be a minimal sentence.

Lol [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] calm down dude...always thought you a reasonable poster. You really think Ravi Ashwin chucks and umpires are scared to report him? C'mmon dont be so naive.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
All I see is some Indian posters throwing toys out of the pram and being all :sree here so this advice is a bit ironic

I've already given my opinion above if you bothered to read

Both Warne and Yasir doped.Lets be clear on that.The only difference was that in 2003 Warne was already a legend so people know he could perform without doping as well.Since Yasir is relatively new that isnt the case.Thats why may be people bring it for Yasir and not Warne.But make no mistake they both are dope tainted.

Both Warne and Yasir doped.Lets be clear on that.The only difference was that in 2003 Warne was already a legend so people know he could perform without doping as well.Since Yasir is relatively new that isnt the case.Thats why may be people bring it for Yasir and not Warne.But make no mistake they both are dope tainted.
No one will bring it because I like some ignoramuses many people do tend to do the prior research on the issue before giving an opinion.

Not one person, ex player, official or commentator talked about Yasirs case when he took the 10fer. Only you and your crew might do that

No one will bring it because I like some ignoramuses many people do tend to do the prior research on the issue before giving an opinion.

Not one person, ex player, official or commentator talked about Yasirs case when he took the 10fer. Only you and your crew might do that
I have no crew sloggy because i am no captain.

No one talks about these stuffs openly.No one talks about Akhtar and Asif failing dope tests?Do they?

Doping is relatively rare occurence in cricket.

Yasir was banned just for three months for negligence. The report and the panel accepted that he mistook the medicine due to similar appearance and there was no malintent. He was punished for careless and negligence. In fact he had already told WADA prior to even being tested that he had made this mistake which is why the case went in his favor.

I have no crew sloggy because i am no captain.

No one talks about these stuffs openly.No one talks about Akhtar and Asif failing dope tests?Do they?

Doping is relatively rare occurence in cricket.
He was banned for negligence and Breach of code.

No doper informs WADA of the mistake prior to the test itself.

Akhtar and Asif weren't found to be doping by WADA or ICC. It was an internal dope test upon which no one but PCB had any jurisdiction. Neither 'failed an official test' pet SR

Yasir was banned just for three months for negligence. The report and the panel accepted that he mistook the medicine due to similar appearance and there was no malintent. He was punished for careless and negligence. In fact he had already told WADA prior to even being tested that he had made this mistake which is why the case went in his favor.

A thread about whether Ravi Ashwin chucks or not goes off on a tangent to how Yasir is supposedly a drug cheat :facepalm:

People don't even bother to do proper research on the matter of why Yasir was actually banned for 3 months or so and yet have the audacity to come and question something WADA, the ICC authorities and all administrative parties involved are content with.......seriously I just sometimes lose hope in people having the slightest of common sense :69:
[MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] I give up bro, this is as pointless as it gets !!

Doesn't matter because people are throwing ridiculous allegations anyway.

Reading the posts of
[MENTION=113824]Nikhil_cric[/MENTION] [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] [MENTION=90229]Sandeep[/MENTION] [MENTION=139840]Balthazar[/MENTION]

On this thread makes me believe its time for me to retire.My posts have already decreased a lot.But i believe the Indian POV is in safe hands here.

Yeah, as far as biased propaganda goes...yep!

Ashwin will be known as the guy who initiated the witch hunt against the chuckers.

He finished off several careers, some before they even started. Some were from his own country too.

Very few individuals have such an impact on the game without even holding a bat or ball.

How cleverly this post was ignored. debate should have been ended there till Aswin found for chucking. Brilliant peoples :uakmal

A few Indians playing the victim card, yep that is the only thing left to see in this world!

A thread about whether Ravi Ashwin chucks or not goes off on a tangent to how Yasir is supposedly a drug cheat :facepalm:

People don't even bother to do proper research on the matter of why Yasir was actually banned for 3 months or so and yet have the audacity to come and question something WADA, the ICC authorities and all administrative parties involved are content with.......seriously I just sometimes lose hope in people having the slightest of common sense :69:
[MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] I give up bro, this is as pointless as it gets !!

Dont expect logic in a mudfest. That is why i did not even bother with it and made them crack. Same message for [MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION]. Let it be. I think we all had enough of it.

Ok now you're straight up lying lol. He wasn't rolling over sides

last time I checked he has 10fer in that match also won MoM award. and that was the time cleaning sports thing kickstarted by Aswin (Asia Cup time). Coincidence why Ojha never selected again?

I understand that some people want Ashwin to be tested in this forum. Even as a fan and as an Indian I would like him to be tested so that he can end this debate for good. I am 150% confident he will clear it. But again ICC is not going to randomly test people which might not go well with the players as well as the boards. This is not a dope test. The umpires have been entrusted to report these people and we need to trust them to make the decision. As much as we want certain players reported, it will not happen until the umpires see something wrong with the bowlers action. No one has raised any concerns with Ashwin's action around the world. The same people who are singing praises about Yasir Shah, had issues with Ajmal so the country bias does not fly here.

He was banned for negligence and Breach of code.

No doper informs WADA of the mistake prior to the test itself.

Akhtar and Asif weren't found to be doping by WADA or ICC. It was an internal dope test upon which no one but PCB had any jurisdiction. Neither 'failed an official test' pet SR
Breach of WADA doping code for taking a diuretic.Ultimately its a breach of doping code.Warne did the same.But since doping is a rare occurence in cricket no one bothers.

And all ICC and administrative parties are content with Ashwins action and if you do proper research he has never been called.But all that doesnt matter does it?

. As usual some people want Ashwin to be banned because Ajmal got banned lol.

I understand that some people want Ashwin to be tested in this forum. Even as a fan and as an Indian I would like him to be tested so that he can end this debate for good. I am 150% confident he will clear it. But again ICC is not going to randomly test people which might not go well with the players as well as the boards. This is not a dope test. The umpires have been entrusted to report these people and we need to trust them to make the decision. As much as we want certain players reported, it will not happen until the umpires see something wrong with the bowlers action. No one has raised any concerns with Ashwin's action around the world. The same people who are singing praises about Yasir Shah, had issues with Ajmal so the country bias does not fly here.

If Ashwin gets tested, he will be part of the list of bowlers (like Ajmal, Arafat, Narine, Malik etc.) who have had a doubtful action and even if clears will always remain a candidate for retesting / further testing. Some people will say he got off due to BCCI's power etc. It will cast doubts on his action forever.

Its like calling an innocent a potential criminal / accuse and sending him for trial for murder.

Not saying Ashwin is innocent though. He should be tested as requested by Ajmal and a lot of Pakistani posters. One English too who loves Pakistani cricketers for their flair.

LOL
Bro, if this is about what ICC thinks, then let me remind you Till now not even the chaprasi of ICC has questioned the action of Ashwin.

When Yasir is given minimum punishment for doping, ICC suddenly becomes a competent organisation and no one can question its decision.
But when Ashwin is not tested for chucking, then ICC = Indian cricket council ? ICC = sellouts ?
And you are talking about common sense ? :13:

Can't believe this thread has gone on for five pages. :O Ashwin is innocent until proven guilty but some zombies on here are ploughing on about his action when nobody else in the wider cricketing world has even raised a single question mark about Ashwin s action or his integrity.

All this because he's outperformed both Ajmal and Yasir so far. Such large hearts :afridi

Can't believe this thread has gone on for five pages. :O Ashwin is innocent until proven guilty but some zombies on here are ploughing on about his action when nobody else in the wider cricketing world has even raised a single question mark about Ashwin s action or his integrity.

All this because he's outperformed both Ajmal and Yasir so far. Such large hearts :afridi

Your bolded part is false. All this only because Ashwin himself admitted to chucking.
I personally would never have suspected Ashwin of chucking as his action looks very clean to me. But when he himself is admitting of chucking then I want ICC to take action and be fair. Justice is very important key factor for humanity. We should all strive for justice and dont look other way if the culprit is our countrymen. :moyo

Your bolded part is false. All this only because Ashwin himself admitted to chucking.
I personally would never have suspected Ashwin of chucking as his action looks very clean to me. But when he himself is admitting of chucking then I want ICC to take action and be fair. Justice is very important key factor for humanity. We should all strive for justice and dont look other way if the culprit is our countrymen. :moyo

Ashwin has taken more wickets at a less average than either. This without chucking or doping. He's a better bowler and definitely a better human being brother. :)

Ashwin never admitted to chucking.If he did please provide the proper reference.

What these guys do is hold back on the chucking and use it only sparingly. Narine, for example, is also at the top of the ICC's bowler rankings (number 1 in ODIs). He's cleaned up his action, but still, more often than not, chucks his faster delivery.

Ashwin has taken more wickets at a less average than either. This without chucking or doping. He's a better bowler and definitely a better human being brother. :)

Oscar award for Ashwin, I mean who among mere mortals can chuck (I mean take advantage of 15 degree rule while wearing full sleeves) erm I mean not chuck, look better than Modi, and still be the savior for humanity aka much better human being than all!

Bravo, bravo, now only if he can go and star in the next superman movie as the new super hero 'Full Sleeve Advantager'...world can then live in peace and harmony. World War III stopped.

Oscar award for Ashwin, I mean who among mere mortals can chuck (I mean take advantage of 15 degree rule while wearing full sleeves) erm I mean not chuck, look better than Modi, and still be the savior for humanity aka much better human being than all!

Bravo, bravo, now only if he can go and star in the next superman movie as the new super hero 'Full Sleeve Advantager'...world can then live in peace and harmony. World War III stopped.

I feel your pain, old man. I'd be angry too if my team lost their no.1 ODI bowler(Ajmal) and then no.1 ODI allrounder(hafeez) and slipped to no.9 in rankings. All thanks to Ashwin of course. Helping clean up the sport :) .What a magnanimous human being. Jai Shri Ram :)

Back