T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Update from day 1

Pakistan - 119 (all out)

England- 168/2

Pieterson - 38 (not out)

Cook - 65 (not out)

Still To Bat- PD Collingwood, IR Bell, GO Jones, SI Mahmood, MJ Hoggard, SJ Harmison, MS Panesar

Day 2 seems to be the most important day for both the teams in this test match (and perhaps also the series) with England looking to consolidate a little more on the hard work of Harmison and to bury Pakistan in a deep pile of runs to ensure that Pakistanis cant force them to bat in the 4th inns

Pakistan on the other hand , need to wipe out English first inns as soon as possible to have any realistic chance to stay in contention ...failiure to do so is not an option

Pak is still in the game if they succeed in restricting England to a total of less than 300 .If Pak can bat better in the second innings and ahve a lead of 150+ they can really put pressure on England .I feel Abdul Razzak and Afriidi will do the max damage to England with the ball .

Well best of luck to Pakistan, I hope we crawl back into the game.

With Faisal Iqbal injured, odds are heavily against us.... dua ka muqaam hai bhaiyo...

I don't really have much hope not that our batting failed but because our bowling is just simply bad and wide.

I'm not sure what to expect really. A couple of early wickets and England may find themselves without too much of a lead, but equally if they press on things could get difficult for Pakistan.

I think I'll watch Spongebob.

Nauman said:
Well best of luck to Pakistan, I hope we crawl back into the game.

I DONT WANT THEM TO CRAWL i want them to come back with a bang :26: assert our supremacy on this test match

MIG said:
With Faisal Iqbal injured, odds are heavily against us.... dua ka muqaam hai bhaiyo...

soz mig bhai but whats wrong with iqbal apart from the fact that he was frightened of batting

You know what I think -

the match will be decided after the first session.

If Pakistan can start a collapse from out of nowhere (MIRACLE!)

and get England under 200 (MIRACLE!)

then we stand a VERY good chance to win, facing a deficit of just 80 runs, but if England get 320, then we better start packing the bags

ex-opener said:
I DONT WANT THEM TO CRAWL i want them to come back with a bang :26: assert our supremacy on this test match

Given the situation at the moment, it is highly unlikely that we will come back with a bang

Feel bad for Faisal. Don't like it when any player gets injured but it's not as if he is such an amazing batsman. It is not a huge blow. At best he would have scored 22 from 79......a decent contribution but nothing more.

Anyway.....here is the weather for the rest of the test:

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/UKXX0092.html

Hash said:
Feel bad for Faisal. Don't like it when any player gets injured but it's not as if he is such an amazing batsman. It is not a huge blow. At best he would have scored 22 from 79......a decent contribution but nothing more.

Anyway.....here is the weather for the rest of the test:

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/UKXX0092.html

Hopefully the forecast is true. We wont mind showers would we?

England already lead by 50 runs so we have to get them out within another 100 runs

Pakistan already out warming up, they were out about 35 minutes ago, so I think they think they can still win this!

Alright, come on, we can do this, theres something happened in my heart, so I know WE CAN DO THIS!

WE'RE TEAM PAKISTAN!

we should give minimum lead to Eng and If Pak give about 200-250 target to Eng, then Dani ll do damage.
Come on Pak :19:

Asim2Good said:
we should give minimum lead to Eng and If Pak give about 200-250 target to Eng, then Dani ll do damage.
Come on Pak :19:
If we can do the collapse that Harmison did - 7 wickets in 19 runs, then we have a very good chance of winning

Gul gone! What a dream start for Pakistan!

Great catch by Farhat...he's heart thoguh..

Farhat dislocated his finger while taking the catch, he's of the field.

Really great catch. Gul now fired up - 87.1 MPH

Not good news - Farhat had his finger dislocated taking the catch :(

We can use that kind of fielding!

Very very poor shot from KP.

Great catch.. although dislocating a finger probably isn't the best thing to do. Is Iqbal on the field? Or do we have two injured Pakistani batsmen?

Farhat left the field. At least it came for a good cause. Gul bowling really well.

And Farhat has dislocated his finger in the process, and has left the field. Poor bloke - he can't win
49.2 Umar Gul to Pietersen, OUT, oh dear, oh dear! What a start for Pakistan. Pietersen, bristling as ever to get on with it, was drawn into another wide and swinging delivery. Never quite to the pitch and a flashing drive squirts ferociously to Mr Butterfingers himself, Imran Farhat at gully, who clings onto a screamer. Now we've got a game!

49.2 Umar Gul to Pietersen, OUT, oh dear, oh dear! What a start for Pakistan. Pietersen, bristling as ever to get on with it, was drawn into another wide and swinging delivery. Never quite to the pitch and a flashing drive squirts ferociously to Mr Butterfingers himself, Imran Farhat at gully, who clings onto a screamer. Now we've got a game!

Mr Butterfingers :91: :91:

Our wkt keeper dislocated his finger after taking a catch - he took his glove off, went off the pitch - we heard a scream - he put it back into place, and carried on playing.

So Farhat should be OK?????

Just need to bowl a bit straighter

Oxy™ said:
Our wkt keeper dislocated his finger after taking a catch - he took his glove off, went off the pitch - we heard a scream - he put it back into place, and carried on playing.

So Farhat should be OK?????
I hope - if he can catch like that every time

Extras are quite common with this Pak innings...

Last edited by a moderator:
Razzi sharing the ball, he bowled well to the left handers yesterday, angling it across.

Pepsi™ said:
Sami not sharing the opening ball...
I am sure Inzi is had enough and is fedup with him, But I am waiting for the day the selector do that. Yasir Arafat wouldbe better and he can bat as well.

ShowStopper said:
I am sure Inzi is had enough and is fedup with him, But I am waiting for the day the selector do that. Yasir Arafat wouldbe better and he can bat as well.

WHy would he be fed up? HE took a wicket, Gul was more expensive, what else does he want. Mind you, Sami only gave away 36 runs from 13 overs.

Driven but straight to Moyo.

Gul bowling well so far today.

Just two slips and a gully and three saving one on the off-side. Not too attacking just yet from Inzamam.

Come on Inzi Attackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

England 172/3 (51.1 ov)

Gul bowling quite full, looking for swing

Gul getting reverse swing...the ball going away from batsmen...he needs to get ione to dart in...ala Mo. Asif!

Pepsi™ said:
Inzi going defensive again. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT MAN.
So you would accept us conceding lots of runs on account of Inzi setting attacking fields?

Good pace also from Gul. Good start this.

gul just bowled an 88 mph bo9uncer...he has good rythm thisd morning and just followed up with inswing yorker"

Oxy™ said:
So you would accept us conceding lots of runs on account of Inzi setting attacking fields?
No, Inzamam is doing BRILLIANTLY - just 2 runs off the bat conceded

Gul and Razzaq starting off well. Gul bowling even better then his first over.

Back