England v Australia | 4th Test | Headingley | 7-11 Aug 09

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
This is it. Do or die! I hope Flingtoff plays - I'd rather face his bowling that Harmlesson's. As for the OZ, I hope we play Clark for anyone.

OZGOD said:
This is it. Do or die! I hope Flingtoff plays - I'd rather face his bowling that Harmlesson's. As for the OZ, I hope we play Clark for anyone.
You are really good at making names :))

Ur POMISTAN r going to get pwned :D

Bublu Bhuyan said:
You are really good at making names :))

You should hear me doing commentary mate :D

I hope Aussies win, I can't take this Flintoff The Legend, The Best Ever Crap by English media for the rest of my life.

Afridi_Fan said:
I hope Aussies win, I can't take this Flintoff The Legend, The Best Ever Crap by English media for the rest of my life.

LOL it's SuperFred!

1.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
10.jpg

^Stop copying Afridi's trade mark Mr Freddie (Well I dont mind if Eng clinch this series as Freddie is one of my favorite player)

Random Aussie said:
Now or never for our blokes.

Especially because Oval is nailed for a draw..

Flintoff looks like he is out.

Sidebottom in as replacement? Trott for Broad?

I think Aussies need to drop Siddle and Hauritz and bring in Clark and Lee for this test.

Good to see stu Clark back, also haddin back also.

another disgusting umpiring decision

Aussie's have been really really unlucky with the umpiring

that was out first ball, what a start that would have been.

Ponting not backing Stuart Clard with the new ball.

Ponting has less kahunas than Malik

16/2 now

Hilfy cleans up Bopara!

England in trouble!

Bopara out, Hilfenhaus get the wicket. England in trouble at 16-2

Englands batting line up is one batter short as well!

Broad has to step up big time in the abscence of Flintoff. Harmison too must rise to the occasion.

DAmn - I cant find the remote so cant change the channel! Stuck on the SL/Pak game.

Well Ive said all along - even after 3 consecutive tons v WI, that Ravinder Bopara is NOT a test class No.3 (No.6 perhaps)

Playing Stuart Clarke was a master stroke. There wont be any easy runs for England from him for sure.

And another one bites the dust. Clarke gets Collingwood to edge to second slip.

42/4

Last edited:
Australia's Full Pace Battery destroys England batting.1 wicket a peice for 4 quicks

In the fourth Ashes Test Ricky Ponting selected 4 quicks in the playing eleven and ignore the lone spinner in the side Nathan Hauritz. Ponting took this decision bcz of last night rain at the venue. Well How well has the decision to play 4 quicks has paid off. Each 1 of them i.e. Siddle, Stuart Clark, Johnson and Hilfenhas has taken a wicket and England are tottering at 42/4

One more wicket and Aussies are into englands tail!

Lunch - Day 1

Eng: 72-6

What a morning for Aus!

This game could be over in 2 days!

Harmison has 19 ducks for England. Only Atherton made more (20).

Siddle is still wearing the look of a man who has just had his wallet stolen. He looks absolutely furious

and Harmisson gets another duck

31.4 Siddle to Harmison, OUT, Harmison gets his 20th duck! He holds the same record as Mike Atherton, trying to work this to the leg side but getting a thin edge on it through to Haddin

SJ Harmison c †Haddin b Siddle 0 (6b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Eng 98-8

Last edited:
What's happening to the Poms? Is it a minefield?

When I got up to check the score I was like ***? Surely this is a minefield. And I'm not happy that Flingtoff is out, I would have rather him bowling than Harmlesson.

I'm worried about what might happen when we go out to bat. I'm sure Twatson will lose his wicket quick, but Krapich, Dubya and Pup need to stick around.

Siddle 5-21

England on the back foot. Only cook and Prior peformed even slightly.

102 all out:))):)):)))!!!!

Cook 30, Prior 37* Extras 17. rest all out in single figures, well getting to double figures for balls faced was good effort. No LBWs
Siddle takes 4 wickets in 14 balls to end with 5-21 in 9.5 overs

Watson starts with a four

Katich 0 out ct backward short leg by Bopara off Harmisson
Aus 14-1 after 1.3 overs

some morons are booing Ponting as he walks out - bbc radio

And Steve Harmison strikes in his 1st over!! He gets Katich at short leg!

Aus: 14-1

And and the boos around Headingley tell me Ponting is next in!!

Virtually the whole of Headingley is booing.

Oxy said:
And Steve Harmison strikes in his 1st over!! He gets Katich at short leg!

Aus: 14-1

And and the boos around Headingley tell me Ponting is next in!!

Virtually the whole of Headingley is booing.

LOL I love it.

I would have played Flintoff if I could get few overs out of him even if he was on one leg. I would have played Sidebottom over Broad. Broad can bat a bit but you need wickets and you have to pitch it up at Headingley. Harmisson I am not too sure about could go either way - Boycott

I think the best thing for Twatson is just play his natural game (i.e. cowlash). He's going to get out anyway may as well make it worthwhile.

Twatson's decided to go out in a blaze of glory. 20 off 17 so far, we're a third of the way to the Pom total just about

Aus 35/1 and of to a rapid start.

Watson in ODI/T20 Mode.

Ponting with 2 fours and a six in last over. 17 runs off the over by him. Now on 32
Aus 57-1 after 7 overs - trail by 45 runs

I hope these fools don't throw their wickets away :po:

End of over 7 (17 runs) Australia 57/1
RT Ponting 32* (20b 5x4 1x6) G Onions 1-0-17-0
SR Watson 20* (18b 4x4) SJ Harmison 3-1-16-1

"Broad is giving Onions advice," spots Miller. "He can't be telling him to pitch it up, surely.

Onions to Ponting, 1 run, better ball this time but Ponting still finds a way to score, working it between point and gully

Onions to Ponting, FOUR, crunch! That is an awesome pull! Too short, really poor bowling from Onions and Ponting slams that one forward of midwicket with immense power

Onions to Ponting, 2 runs, worked away off the pads for a couple just behind square leg, the fine leg fielder had only just moved finer

Onions to Ponting, no run, beats the bat this time, Onions gets the length a bit better

Australia have 50 already. My word. They're going at nearly eight an over!

Onions to Ponting, FOUR, and another boundary, that one clipped off the hips to fine leg

Onions to Ponting, SIX, what a welcome! That was short and not super quick, so Ponting had a lot of time to get back and pulled that deliberately high over midwicket, it lands in the crowd. Wonderful shot

An early change now and Graham Onions gets his first opportunity. Three slips in place.

Onions getting sliced and diced.

England bowling way to short here!

57/1 after just 7.4 overs.

15% of England's runs in one over :D

Someone at CricIndia just compared Twatson with David Boon :)))

Been a good effort from Twatson though. At 24 he's already passed his Test average

Its looking like a ODI or T20. England are showing how pathetic they are. Hopeless performance. Good comeback by the Aussies though.

ok seeing how rubbish the OZ are batting we should set some goals..say 200-1 at the close? will this mean more reruns of the 2005 series?

England are paying the price for being too overconfident. You cant afford to do that against the Aussies.

Scoring has been reigned in some what. Aussies will look to bat once in this test and bat big!

LOL, Poms look useless without Kevinder and Fredalo.

Amjid Javed said:
Scoring has been reigned in some what. Aussies will look to bat once in this test and bat big!

This is good, they've knuckled down and are starting to settle. I was worried that the low target may have encouraged them to cowlash a bit too much.

Tea time
Ponting 39(49) - Watson 24(37)
Aus 69-1 after 15 overs - trail by 33 runs
38 overs left in the day

I should mention that it's good to see that the boffins in charge finally decided to play Clark. Who would have thought he would have taken 3 wickets and kept the run rate down eh.
2006_rolling_eyes_back.gif

Back