England v New Zealand ICC Champions Trophy | 16/06/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHONI183

A departed friend who will live in our memories fo
Runs
Post of the Week
Please discuss all the action here.......

Last edited:
New Zealand are bowling first!

Graeme Swann injured!

I predict England to get 270.

NEW ZEALAND CRICKET MEDIA RELEASE

16 June 2013

Corey Anderson to make his BLACKCAPS debut

Northern Districts all-rounder Corey Anderson will make his BLACKCAPS debut in today’s ICC Champions Trophy match against England at Cardiff Stadium.

Anderson replaces Tim Southee who is struggling with an ankle injury. Other than that, the team is unchanged from the side that played Australia on Wednesday.

Brendon McCullum won the toss today and elected to bowl. The weather forecast in Cardiff is better than expected with no rain at this stage.

Anderson has replaced Grant Elliott in the New Zealand squad for the tournament after Elliott aggravated his calf muscle injury at training yesterday.

BLACKCAPS:

Luke Ronchi (shirt number 54) wicketkeeper

Martin Guptill (31)

Kane Williamson (22)

Ross Taylor (3)

James Franklin (70)

Brendon McCullum (42) captain

Daniel Vettori (11)

Nathan McCullum (15)

Corey Anderson (no shirt number)

Kyle Mills (37)

Mitchell McClenaghan (81)

The weather has slowly killed my interest in the tournament...

24-over match with a start time of 3.45pm...

Last edited:
so who is favorite for a T24 match? NZ or Eng

Hopefully they keep Trott and Buttler in the same positions :)

Buttlers harder to stop once he gets going

Same goes for Morgan and he didn't clicked yet so today can be his day...From NZ i think it will Guptill & Taylor not McCullum...

Same goes for Morgan and he didn't clicked yet so today can be his day...From NZ i think it will Guptill & Taylor not McCullum...
I think we'll stop Morgan, but if Buttlers in the mood we'll be chasing a big total.

Interestingly I think a game of 24s suits us more whereas a game of 50s suited New Zealand more.

best match for me so far was Pak<>west indies
apart from this, with rains - has become a boring tournament for me
many of the guys here in my club missing our IPL evenings LOL

T20s suit Ronchi more lets see if he can put on a show today

best match for me so far was Pak<>west indies
apart from this, with rains - has become a boring tournament for me
many of the guys here in my club missing our IPL evenings LOL
Yeah and NZ v SL (didn't watch SA v WI) but since then its been pretty ordinary and lackluster...

NZ v SL & Pak v WI the best matches so far...

Because of rain the outfield is so slow now...

Would love to see how commies react if Trottsky shows up (scratching around and marking his guard and all that) :D

Great catch and lovely field placement.

lol Trott playing in T20 again...he played his last T20 in 2010...

Why send in Trott?

Buttler was the way to go in a 24 over game.

Saw my thread about the fastest 50wickets in ODI's? he can break it
I was thinking the same thing and even checked his record to see if he could do it, if he carries on like this he should get there with a game or two to spare :)

Last edited:
Lol Trott is.. I might say.. sprightly. I think England would need around 200 here to be on the safe side.

NZ should make sure Trott bats the remaining overs

yes but he hardly hit anything so NZ shouldn't be expecting any catches at least from him..In his 62 ODI's he only have 3 sixes...means from his 2690 runs in ODI's only 18 are from sixes...

Please don't hit me back with tht jinx word it's not my fault...

Trott throws his wicket away for the greater good. Buttler or Morgan should enter now.

So guys first time in the history of cricket Trott gone with a Strike Rate of 133!!!

Trott did right there; knew this wasn't his situation, so had a hit with no concern for his castle.

Top player and top bloke.

I was thinking the same thing and even checked his record to see if he could do it, if he carries on like this he should get there with a game or two to spare :)

i hope he will achieve that mark...

For me NZ is always the best in fielding..Whenever Pakistan is not there my 2 teams are SL & NZ...

Pakistan is never there in terms of fielding

in this CT,India is indeed the best fielding side.NZ is damn good too

Pakistan is never there in terms of fielding

in this CT,India is indeed the best fielding side.NZ is damn good too

I was talking about my teams in tournament that whenever Pakistan is not there my other 2 teams are lanka and nz...i don't support top ranked teams always love to support underdogs...

You like Lanka?

yes TBH lanka is performing much better in foreign conditions thn other asian teams if you see their recent records in away its better thn Pakistan and India...And how can i forget that Sana innings recently against Eng in Eng...with three batsmen who are 35+ lanka still doing much better...

btw whos this Corey Anderson?Why arent Southee or Bracewell playing?

check out Kohli's run out yesterday:p

or Sir's fielding:p
We've done that on so many occasions, it might be special before you because its so rare but its the usual for teams like NZ, SA, Aus and England...

So this Corey Anderson is a batsman who can bowl or a batting all rounder? I am curious because in the 3 T20 he played for NZ only bowled 3 overs...

btw whos this Corey Anderson?Why arent Southee or Bracewell playing?
Bracewell isn't that good, this is the first I've actually seen of Corey Anderson, Southee is out because of injury.

We've done that on so many occasions, it might be special before you because its so rare but its the usual for teams like NZ, SA, Aus and England...

I'm only talking in this CT.Otherwise ofcourse NZ/SA is way ahead

Anybody noticed this is Root's 14th ODI match and the kid only got out under 25 runs once...averaging 56 lol...Amla this kid is challenging you...

England batsmen are showing their test match skills.

It's times like this IPL would have helped England batsmen.

Anybody noticed this is Root's 14th ODI match and the kid only got out under 25 runs once...averaging 56 lol...Amla this kid is challenging you...
He struggles to convert them 50s into 100s :misbah

That awkward moment when cook is playing with a SR of 100+ and Root with a SR of 66...

India is better than NZ at fielding, 6~8 years ago that's unimaginable :)

This guy got no power in arms he need to build muscles if he want to go for big shots...

India is better than NZ at fielding, 6~8 years ago that's unimaginable :)
Lol.. after one tournament :facepalm:, you never pull in the unthinkable catches... Maccas already pulled one off this tournament..

Not one Indian fielder is better than Guptill, Macca, Williamson or Taylor.. and our fielders are much quicker in covering ground than the Indian fielders

Last edited:
Doing alright so far. 190 would be a good score.

I don't get their plan(English), they are scoring at RR-6. This is T20 + 4 overs ignorants, get a move on.

Lol.. after one tournament :facepalm:, you never pull in the unthinkable catches... Maccas already pulled one off this tournament..

Not one Indian fielder is better than Guptill, Macca, Williamson or Taylor..

Yes we are better than you ATM, fact.

Yes we are better than you ATM, fact.
ATM Mcclengans the best bowler in the world :)
ATM Dhawan and Rohit Sharma are better than Kohli and Dhoni too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back