England v Pakistan, 4th test, Day 2 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob H

Senior T20I Player
Runs
England need to fight back with early wickets to give themselves a chance in this game where as Pakistan just need to keep on batting to get a healthy lead. Should be a great days cricket.

mods, schticky please

we should be aiming for at least a 200-250 lead - then bowl england out cheaply - and win by an innings

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

weather is good judging by the interview on the outfield.

hopefully there won't be any stoppages for rain.
I checked the forecast on bbc and it is predicting rain for 2day and 2mro!!!

Farhat should score big so should Akmal , Faisal and Hafeez

Chip in Scores from Yousuf and Inzi and we are going to have a run feast then

I will be comfertable with a 350 lead, because that will almost insure an innings win. Otherwise, I want a 200 lead at least.

Important not to get ahead of ourselves, far too early to be predicting (or hoping) for 350 run leads. All england need are a few early wickets and everything could go pear shaped for us. We should try and reach England's total of 173, without losing another wicket or two. Then progressivley build on a lead. Upon reaching a comfortable lead, with wickets in hand, we should try and accelerate and build the pressure on England.

England is far from out of this game, we should'nt get complacent. Inshalllah we can win this match, and at least get some dignity by losing 2-1, in oppose to 2-0 or 3-0 (!!!)

I will be comfertable with a 350 lead, because that will almost insure an innings win. Otherwise, I want a 200 lead at least

Though i'd love it if it materializes, but i've got a feeling that we won't be able to get a substantial lead if indeed we do get a lead

I think the match will start in half an hour from now. 10 30 GMT and not 11 30 GMT

inzidabest: what would u do with ur nick when Inzi retires.. change to something like InziRetires

Sleepless_on_PakPassion said:
salam peeps.
weather is fine, i guess because of the heavy rain last night.

the umpires are allowing the out field to dry to enable the english to keep the ball dry so they can try & reverse swing it later on
they will add the half hour on this evening

Last edited:
I also have a feeling that we gonna loose a wicket in the first over and then it'd be downhill for us..

Just thought I'd remind everybody that the Pioneers of Cricket thing at lunch is about Waqar today

zeenix said:
inzidabest: what would u do with ur nick when Inzi retires.. change to something like InziRetires

it still wudnt matter wud it, cuz i can still make my nick "javedabest"

Play is too start in 15 minutes correct? He said play will get underway at 11:30 and BST is 5 hours ahead of EST....so I assume that is fifteen minutes from now?

Anyone confirm?

Covers starting to come off. We'll prolly play to 7 today also, seeing as how we lost a lot of time yesterday

Team news Mohammad Hafeez is fine and should be fit to resume his innings when required so tells us AFP's Shahid Hashmi.

Unfortunately, my optimism of starting play on time has been cut short. The news from the ground is play will begin at 11.30am BST due to a wet outfield. Andrew Miller tells us "Shoaib is going through his motions on the practice strip. He's looking in fine enough fettle, though obviously not cranking up the pace just yet"

It's brightening up at The Oval - not that rain has been a factor in the delay this morning. Heavy overnight showers left the outfield rather sodden, but we should be underway at 11.30am BST.

asifp said:
It's brightening up at The Oval - not that rain has been a factor in the delay this morning. Heavy overnight showers left the outfield rather sodden, but we should be underway at 11.30am BST.

Yea players are on the field.

Farhat has quite a 'closed' stance which means he does miss some opportunities to score on the leg side.

Hmm.. Good. Congrats.. 100/1 and that too opener still there... well am i dreaming

ggm said:
Farhat has quite a 'closed' stance which means he does miss some opportunities to score on the leg side.

A bit like Chris Gayle then, another batsman who scores more heavily on the offside than on the leg.

What are the conditions.. is the bowl doing much how is hoggi bowling and saj too

Wonderful stuff from Saj. Yousuf doesn't look too good all of a sudden.

Get the feeling with Farhat that he tries to hit the ball too hard at times.

trying to cut and cramped for room. A drag on could be the way to get him.

Was it me or did anyone else notice Gul upped his pace yesterday from the usual 80-83mph to 85-87mph. It would suggest he is getting his fitness back after that horrid injury.

Was it me or did anyone else notice Gul upped his pace yesterday from the usual 80-83mph to 85-87mph. It would suggest he is getting his fitness back after that horrid injury.

Looked in good rhythm right from the start yesterday

trying to cut and cramped for room. A drag on could be the way to get him.

If he gets out this way, i m goin' to send someone to get u..

Not sure where Farhat was going. No chance of a run

Woo! That was scary.

Kya kareyn...Yousuf ney kabhi Farhat key saat batting he nahi kari

Controlled cover drive. Better from Farhat, stroking rather than belting

Beautiful drive for 4 through the covers, well timed

And then a bouncer, Farhat ducks under (wise choice)

Nicely timed for Farhat, through the covers for 4

Woah, that was just pushed and sweetly timed all the way for 4

Couple of nice shots from Farhat. Nice to see him looking determined out there instead of just trying to smack everything. He needs to go on and get a hundred now to try and buck his trend of throwing his wicket away after a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back