England v South Africa | 1st Test | The Oval | Jul 19-23, 2012 | Days 2&3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOSami

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
England took the honours yesterday, but on 267/3, two quick wickets could shift the balance towards the South Africans.

Steyn will be looking for a big first session.

Seems like the weather will play spoiler here today. Good for SA as there'll be every chance of swing/seam when/if the game starts.

I hope it swings big today. Get the Saffers in & let Jimmy run riot against their rusty batting.

I hope it swings big today. Get the Saffers in & let Jimmy run riot against their rusty batting.

Were'nt the saffers already in yesterday? I mean all the batters out yesterday were Saffers, i.e Strauss, Trott and Peiterson...

S.A need to attack the stumps way more then yesterday and bowl alot fuller as well.

I hate popped collars. Dunno why half the English and SA sides feel the need to pop them up.

Bopara will not score well. When was the last time he scored well against a decent team?

Hmm, I've never paid attention to Amla's fielding before. Is he not a good fielder?

And lol at the lucky guy getting to chat with Dale Steyn.

whilst a drag on is always unlucky its 1st time in game steyn has bowled a fuller length! take note!

Bopara fails, not really a test class batsmen for me. Will always just plunder the lesser likes and get found wanting against better side in the game.

S.A on top here. Will prior come out and play some shots from the word go?

Steyn needs to send down a toe-crusher early here to prior! maybe scatter some stumps! :)

Wonder what would've happened had Steyn got the new ball yesterday as well.

Anyway SA back on top, if they restrict England around 320-340. It will be a great come back.

Steyn simply had a warm-up day yesterday.

England took the honours yesterday, but on 267/3, two quick wickets could shift the balance towards the South Africans. Steyn will be looking for a big first session.

You are just too smart to support a bowler like Sami. :sami

England have scored 26 runs in the last 20 overs for 3 wickets.

England have not helped themselves here by going into a rut here!

England search for a decent Test number 6 goes on!

Bopara isn't that bad, he succeeded against the Australians. To be fair, Steyn's bowling a great spell, could have had Prior, had Cook and has made Bell look like the bunny he was before 2010

Philander has his tail up now and is making prior look ordinary! finally S.A realize pitch ball up and allow it to swing!

**** delivery and carved away by prior for 4!

what a shocking piece of fielding! why didnt anyone get behind the stumps?

Bell and Prior....

SA need to consume them before they launch the counter offensive

Prior rides his luck there! but if your going to flash, then flash hard.

Pretty much most pivitol stage of game here! looks like a few shots will be played and chances created so this could be difference between 370 or 450 for england here!

Nice wicket there. Add that to the collection of really poor leaves against South Africa (like the Harris one?)

So anybody else still questioning Kallis' credentials as a bowler? :p

Would loved to see England all out before lunch :)

But they have a very long batting line-up and if the saffers don't bowl well 400+ on cards here.

An entirely different breed of bowling today.

England started the day with 267-3, are now 285-6. What a comeback by SA...

SA need to dismiss Prior soon, or else he'll be a big headache!!

Lol at the Indians who were saying that South Africa were bowling like them. That's the difference, Indian bowlers were consistently bad

Allan donald must have had a few words yesterday. S.A have bowled alot straighter today and targetted the stumps.

S.A now on top here!

England should have got around 450-500 on this pitch. They've imploded.

Lol at the Indians who were saying that South Africa were bowling like them. That's the difference, Indian bowlers were consistently bad

lol becharay always clucthing at imaginary straws..SA bowling attack is in anotehr universe compared to the donkey cart attack from our parosee's..!!

as for this match..eng fans clamoruing for bopara's head while ignoring another failure against a good attack from the minnow basher Bell!!

Drinks !!!

286 / 6

SA have made a strong come back , need to restrict England to 350.

PPrs living in UK, which team are you supporting?

Thank god we have the strongest lower order in the game, a few runs from them will be invaluable after this immense screw up.

Wow! Bresnan averaging 40 after 15 matches.

NHoultCricket Nick Hoult

Allan Donald, SA bowling coach, said last night they didn't show enough aggression on day 1. it's changed on day 2

SA should just go for the kill here. How is the field-setting?

For SA to win they need to restrict England within 300 .......... otherwise its not going to happen.

I don't see what the big deal is? Even if SA bowl us out for 350, we'll still bowl them out for less.

Decent amount of swing on offer here. Jimmy should be looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back