England vs Australia | 1st Ashes Test | Nottingham | 10/7/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
England will score around 280-290 & that should be competitive .

Eng looking to go after the bowling. Makes sense better off getting their bowlers have a crack in these conditions if things don't work out rather than try to hang around.

Magnificient by Siddle. Our top order needs to be flogged.

I was trying to be the voice or reason and was pointing to our brainless collapse prone batsmen as a reason we could lose. But people bought into the hype that we were infallible.

I always supported Siddle , there was thread that questioned him ...... I always believed Siddle is under rated.

Move Root to open. Put Bairstow at 6 because he is a class player and better than Compton they said. Thanks Yorkshire mafia and selectors. Just because Root is a precocious talent... it doesn't mean Bairstow is suddenly part of the package deal.

Move Root to open. Put Bairstow at 6 because he is a class player and better than Compton they said. Thanks Yorkshire mafia and selectors. Just because Root is a precocious talent... it doesn't mean Bairstow is suddenly part of the package deal.

who is yorkshire mafia ( boycot)

Around 25-30 overs left in the day for Eng to have a good crack at the Aussie line-up

Oooo umps call. Not out. Just a few mm off the centre of the ball. Starc unlucky there. Not a fan of umpires call.

who is yorkshire mafia ( boycot)

And Vaughan. And a vocal media. Yorkshire gets more sway than other counties. It's alumni are vocal and rather proud of pushing Yorkshire onto the England setup and then the media runs with it.

And Vaughan. And a vocal media. Yorkshire gets more sway than other counties. It's alumni are vocal and rather proud of pushing Yorkshire onto the England setup and then the media runs with it.

dont worry mate let aus bat they wont score more than 150

no worries i know eng bowling is to strong for aus fragile batting

aus only have 2 batters watson and clarke that's it

Trott's wicket the turning point imo. He looked in great touch before that brain fart.

no worries i know eng bowling is to strong for aus fragile batting

aus only have 2 batters watson and clarke that's it

S Waugh & M Taylor came as nobodies and announced themselves to the world in 1989. Could just be a couple will do the same this time.

Aussies tried their best to keep the runs flowing....

Pommies tried their best to keep the wickets falling.....

Pommies win...Advantage Aussies.

They said the same thing about there being an Essex bias in the English team when Andy Flower took over. Goochy was brought in as batting coach. Bopara was the Bairstow and Cook was Root. :p Though, I wouldn't have minded if Bops was playing today considering the form he has been in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back