England vs Australia | 1st Ashes Test | Nottingham | 10/7/13 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Starting to irritate me how the review gives blatant LBW's not out. I understand DRS is there to prevent howlers, but that LBW always out.</p>— Dirk Nannes (@dirk_nannes) <a href="https://twitter.com/dirk_nannes/statuses/354989035967627264">July 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Starting to irritate me how the review gives blatant LBW's not out. I understand DRS is there to prevent howlers, but that LBW always out.</p>— Dirk Nannes (@dirk_nannes) <a href="https://twitter.com/dirk_nannes/statuses/354989035967627264">July 10, 2013</a></blockquote>

Not a fan of umps call. Makes no sense to me. 50% of the ball out 49% not out? How does that work?

Aussie batting line up looks very weak. England should be confident of taking 2-3 out before stumps.

Watson should have never been removed from the opening slot

Seriously! That looked out and to think the decision depended on umpire's call?! What is the point of DRS?!

Damn , 215 ao & 9 without loss . How many will Aussies get ? 275 ?

Watto having a swing. Plays his best that way usually, as he's rarely chanceless like a Dravid or Kallis anyway.

Australia will be happy to finish the day at 40-50 for the loss of maximum one wicket. There's a game to play mate :yk

Seriously! That looked out and to think the decision depended on umpire's call?! What is the point of DRS?!

Agreed. That ball was smashing into leg stump. They need to reduce it to 20-25% of the ball, that is still a fair margin for error. Otherwise they effectively shrink the stumps by half a ball width all round.

Weren't there some folks here who were rubbishing Siddle earlier in the year?

Sure some of the DRS rules need to be looked at but it does not mean the whole system is bad.

Sure some of the DRS rules need to be looked at but it does not mean the whole system is bad.

I am a big supporter of DRS. But they can look into these small issues and make it better. Like wrongun said, the margin of error can be reduced, for example.

Want to see the old Aussies just for this Ashes.

Aussie Aussie Aussie .......

RR 6....good going.

Errrrrrrrrrrrr

I am a big supporter of DRS. But they can look into these small issues and make it better. Like wrongun said, the margin of error can be reduced, for example.

Fair enough. Never been a fan of umps call and a couple of other things like 1 review in ODIs.

FINNNNN!!!!!

What a terrible shot. Terrible terrible shot to an average ball!

What a day of Test cricket this. Action packed :warne

Cowan you are rubbish, how the heck does he get to play ahead of Warner is beyond me

I'm so upset my DSTV decoder is acting up on me its giving me a "scramble error" message so i decided to reboot the system and its been scanning for a signal for well over 2 hours now since i got home from work.

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow to fix this mess. I paid my account two months in advance so stuff like this doesn't occur.

Keep me posted guys

Two disgraceful shot by Aussie batsman. Cowan should be seriously ashamed of himself

Jimmy... Why would you bowl bowlers with your height, your skills with swing, and you're lack of pace?

I'm so upset my DSTV decoder is acting up on me its giving me a "scramble error" message so i decided to reboot the system and its been scanning for a signal for well over 2 hours now since i got home from work.

I'll have to give them a call tomorrow to fix this mess. I paid my account two months in advance so stuff like this doesn't occur.

Keep me posted guys

Live streaming on YT. See if that works for ya over there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ecbcricket

I used to have high hopes from Watson. Sadly he needs to be dropped now from Test cricket.

I thought the Pakistan selectors were clueless but the Aussies have done one better. lol

Usman Khawja not in the team is a disgrace. He played well in tough conditions in Sri Lanka only to be dropped and replaced by the likes of Hughes, Cowan, Rogers.

Another one gone. Great ball. Clarke gone, Jimmy strikes!

:out

Whatta ball Jimmy. Clarke gooone without scoring

actually, bold prediction,

Steve Smith and Rogers I think have long partnership.

Smith will be the big x-factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back