England vs Australia | 2nd Ashes Test | Lord's | 19/7/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ims1

First Class Captain
Runs
England 289/7 (89.0 ov)
Most people believe that honors were shared on day 1 but seeing the amount of dryness in pitch & the turn & bounce Smith extracted in line of stumps, i would like to think 320 is going to be a par score & Swann will be a major threat .If he bowls badly or Aussies play him well ,then it would be a great contest .

England are under par but have the get out of jail free card in the back of their pocket which is Australia have to bat on this pitch last. It was spinning on day 1, so it will spin a lot on day 5.

Boycott on tms : "I'm not sure if Australia should be too happy until I see them bat. I want to see what England can do with the ball.

"At least England have not raced away with the game. I'm pleased about that - it looks like it will be another corker of a match."

This is a 400 pitch at least, Australia are ahead for me, but I'm confident that England will bowl out Australia cheaply. They're clearly scared of our attack, and Jimmy in particular.

Rogers & Clarke are the only big threats.

Big session 1st up today, If Aussies can get england out for less than 350 they will feel they have a good foot hold in this match. In saying that there **** poor top 6 needs to start showing some substance and score some runs rather than the tail bailing them out again and again.

Poms have clear edge of " not batting in 4th innings", pitch will be big turner on day 3 onwards.

For me Aus first lead will decide the fate of match, If AUS can get 100+ lead in first innings, Match is ours.
Otherwise, ENG will be fav all the way unfortunatley.

David 'Bumble' Lloyd ‏@BumbleCricket 2h
“@PeteYoung555: @BumbleCricket what's a good total on this pitch you reckon Bumble?”450 pitch

Shane Warne ‏@warne888 3h
Another stunning morning, feel England will be all out today for 320 & Aust will bat big in their 1st innings & score 400+ #ashes

David 'Bumble' Lloyd ‏@BumbleCricket 2h
“@PeteYoung555: @BumbleCricket what's a good total on this pitch you reckon Bumble?”450 pitch

Yep. 400 to 450. Not sure why some 'experts' are claiming that its even stevens.

Yep. 400 to 450. Not sure why some 'experts' are claiming that its even stevens.

Because Austalian batting. We're ahead though.

Need to get the last three out with the new ball and then be at most 4 out by the end of the day.

Bresilad to get a gritty 50 here. And then comes on and enthralls Lords with a masterly display of dry reverse swing bowling.

Bresilad to get a gritty 50 here. And then comes on and enthralls Lords with a masterly display of dry reverse swing bowling.

It's funny because this was posted after he got out

Off to a flyer! Ryan Harris grabs a wicket first ball of the day! Swings it left and Tim Bresnan edges to Brad Haddin.

Ryan Harris may have had his injury problems, but he has proved to be a world class bowler in this 1st innings

Ryan Harris has been a massive plus for the Aussies! Seems made for ashes cricket! The right mixture of aggression and ability!

Anderson's cover driving is so good to watch. He could actually be all rounder if he learns how to play around his pads.

Pattinson has been disappointing so far, people on here were saying that he's the next big thing. He doesn't seem to have control of line & length, and relies on all out speed & aggression, despite not being that quick.

Bird would've been a better choice.

People at the cricket need to remember you could be on the TV at any time, especially when someone attractive walks past. Eyes up!

is it only me or Stuart Broad's bat is an inch smaller blade and an inch longer handle? seems more like a mongoose than a proper bat.

England 309/8 (93.0 ov)
Australia
England won the toss and elected to bat
Day 2 - Session 1

Last thing we need is Broad and Anderson making a painful 70 odd, Can see it happening already

Beauty from Harris... beaten comprehensively how did that miss the outside edge

Pattinson got a century in the first Test. Five away in this one. Someone tell him they won't be as impressive as Bell's ones...

England 314/9 (94.0 ov)
Australia
Day 2 - Session 1

Another great bowling performance, for now at least, now time for our batsmen to take advantage of it

Broad IS wearing his shoulder pad again. Honestly, is he not the biggest girl's blouse you've ever seen?!

Disappointing first innings for James Pattinson, will be hoping for a big improvement in the second innings.

You feel this score is at least 100 below a good total, work to do for the bowlers...again

England 318/9 (95.0 ov)
Australia
Day 2 - Session 1

Harris 13 Test wickets 52 so called wonder boy 13 Test 51 wicket..:amir whats the fuss to bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back