England vs Australia | 4th Ashes Test | Chester-le-Street | 11/8/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Crucial day ahead - but whatever the final outcome of the series, a splendid innings by Roger yesterday to collect his maiden Test hundred!

Australia will start at 222/5, 16 runs behind England in the 1st innings.

A solid display by rest of Aus batsmen could see the game swing Aus way in a decisive manner

Crucial day ahead - but whatever the final outcome of the series, a splendid innings by Roger yesterday to collect his maiden Test hundred!

Australia will start at 222/5, 16 runs behind England in the 1st innings.

A solid display by rest of Aus batsmen could see the game swing Aus way in a decisive manner

Miggy , 2 things :

[1] Hussain repeatedly said yesterday chasing 200 in 4th innings is going to be tough.
[2] we might lose 30 to 45 overs of play on day 4 to rain .

I think Aus will score between 300-320 today & take at least 3 English wickets .

ps- you beat me to starting this thread :)

Miggy , 2 things :

[1] Hussain repeatedly said yesterday chasing 200 in 4th innings is going to be tough.
[2] we might lose 30 to 45 overs of play on day 4 to rain .

I think Aus will score between 300-320 today & take at least 3 English wickets .

ps- you beat me to starting this thread :)

apologies but if you promise to start this thread every day then I will leave to you !

apologies but if you promise to start this thread every day then I will leave to you !

nah it is okay . If you check the first 3 test threads,i started about 90% but then , do not wish to monopolize .
back to cricket , draw or result in your opinion ?

Dont think Australians have the firepower to see this through - although a substantial lead today could expose England batsmen to pressure

I'm not trolling when I say this but I find Australia's batting (tail included) much more entertaining than most of England's (KP and Prior being the exception).

Aus panicking on 3rd day :O

Tail will just have to go all out against the new ball now

England could turn this around and that would be really something if the win!

Ben Johansson: "Currently 3 aussie sides batting now - mens, womens and A's"

cricinfo

Sids does have a century against Scotland and Harris is useful...

I want to believe
I've learn't to never count Australia out till they're out. I had my doubts before the start of the series but this team has some great fighters.

Momentum swinging back towards England. We will have to bat last and if the scores are any sort of parity it will be very tough.

The lead will probably be 20 or so, which won't really be decisive. Good fightback from England.

Should look to swing hard now they're not going to last long against the new ball, you may as well make some runs or go get ready for a bowl.

Last edited:
Lyon has a highest score of 40 not out ........ Aussies would be delighted if he gets even half of that here.

Let's see how much this tail can wag without Starc or Agar or Patto.

:out I don't get why Starc was dropped for Bird.

Starc would be worth a million in this situation

Solid hit from Harris :four

Every run will hurt England, they should try to extend the lead as far as they can with Bird on the crease

Bird will be exposed now though, he best hope he can get a single. Or atleast hit some and tackle Anderson's confidence

Things looking even stevens right now.

Opening overs next innings will be key today.

drs isn't the main issue, umpires like hill making it onto an apparently elite panel is.

On another note Tony Hill is such a bad umpire. How many mistakes has he made this series?

Not a bad lead for AUS in the context of a low-scoring match.

Glad to see The New Hadlee live up to his nickname today. He bowled marvelously and you have to wonder why he doesn't do so more often.

Not a bad lead for AUS in the context of a low-scoring match.

Glad to see The New Hadlee live up to his nickname today. He bowled marvelously and you have to wonder why he doesn't do so more often.

Since England took the new ball , there has hardly been any seam / movement . I think a draw on offer in view of the fact that forecast for day 4 is pretty bad . [ps : Hussain did say 200 in 4th innings would be tough btw ]

And fans want the drs scrapped :waqar

Last edited:
Thankfully DRS has redeemed itself, saying that it's easier when the the Third Umpires can actually have see the replays.

You have to feel for Tony Hill. Just as a fellow human being who is struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back