England vs Australia | 4th Ashes Test | Chester-le-Street | 11/8/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
James. What do you reckon will be a hard score to chase in the fourth innings? I've heard commies saying 150, 200.

Aussies are out of the game now IMO. Perhaps an early call but the match is over in my eyes.

200 means a lead of mere 168. 32 runs in a small chase makes a big difference.

I meant a 200+ lead champ :msd
Yeah around 170 I would back the Aussies to chase no probs even with a few wobbles

Aussies are out of the game now IMO. Perhaps an early call but the match is over in my eyes.

I think it's too early to say anything definitive. But no doubt England's brilliant charge this morning was a big moment in the game.

Both guys 37* now. England finally back on par in the match.

Eng should be around or over the 200 lead mark by the end of play so Aus needs ta get a move on here. Wickets wickets wickets.

There's no demons in the pitch. Oz could chase 270 given some periods of sunny weather & a once in a blue moon contribution from Kwahaja or Warner.

Looks like the new ball seam bowling or quality spin bowling are the threats here. But partnerships are clearly possible.

Well played Bell once again.

England's game to lose now. Can't see Australia chasing anything over 200.

Eng win or draw ? remember, day 4 has 30 to 40 overs being washed out .

Shame he got out but a useful innings in the conditions IMO. Even a 40 in a low-scoring game can be vital.

Good the game needed this now park the ball thorough Bairstow's defence

Wattoo out is good he has thrown it in almost every innings but his bowling was useful :D

31 overs to new ball so Aussies can't wait for it they have to do it early

I meant a 200+ lead champ :msd
Yeah around 170 I would back the Aussies to chase no probs even with a few wobbles

Oh ok. I was referring to the English score and thought you referred to the same. 200+ will not be easy. 250 lead should be clear winner, just the score board pressure could cause a big win.

Bell in ominous form, and more importantly he has played well every time England needed him to.

Yes England have come a long way from the like of Caddicks Ealhams Iranis and Udals :p

Still prefer the Vaughan led England than this one.

Better bowlers and better allrounders and played as a proper team despite lack of talent in some players.

Still prefer the Vaughan led England than this one.

Better bowlers and better allrounders and played as a proper team despite lack of talent in some players.

This team is better. Some key English batsmen ( and even Anderson is off color) are out of form hence it appears that they are struggling a bit.

138 for 4 & there are still 20 overs left . if Aus do not take at least 2 more wickets,it is either draw or host winning it .

I feel Bairstow will score today. May not be a ton or so but will be a crucial contribution. He has been under the pump and will show some good ol' Yorkshire grit :boycott.

Aussies need to cause an england collapse here or they can kiss this game goodbye if lead gets to 200.

How do you rate this England side compared to the others you have seen?

It is probably the best.Past England teams were a group of bits and pieces players...the biggest difference is there are no collapses which used to be a regular feature in the past , if there is now there's always someone hanging around to give a handy total .. but the quality of opposition isn't the same is it ?

It is probably the best.Past England teams were a group of bits and pieces players...the biggest difference is there are no collapses which used to be a regular feature in the past , if there is now there's always someone hanging around to give a handy total .. but the quality of opposition isn't the same is it ?

The Strauss/Cook team is extremely resilient, actually loses Test matches quite rarely. 12-match unbeaten streak at the moment. Vaughan's side was more talented but that only means so much.

There have been matches in the past where both teams did better in their second innings. If this is one of those games, the Aussies can chase 300.

Since the cloud covers are playing a big part in these games, the Aussies may be able to chase anything between 100-300.

England will probably score 300 & set a tough target of 260 .

Anyone remember a thread where scientists carried out a study that said cloud cover plays no part in the ball swinging?

Anyone remember a thread where scientists carried out a study that said cloud cover plays no part in the ball swinging?

Apparently humidity level does though which is related to the amount of cloud cover.

The Strauss/Cook team is extremely resilient, actually loses Test matches quite rarely. 12-match unbeaten streak at the moment. Vaughan's side was more talented but that only means so much.

Less emphasis on county cricket has helped imo.

England's day beyond doubt . either they win or it is a draw . 163 for 4 .

Rain forecast tomorrow so could be a cracking final act on Tuesday.

Apparently humidity level does though which is related to the amount of cloud cover.

Chennai, Kolkota and Mumbai are always very humid due to their proximity to the sea. But it does not swing there all the time, does it? May be cool English weather + humidity is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back