England vs India | 4th Test | The Oval | Aug 18-22 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasim akram is only commentating for all the wickets he took

If it was for english..LOL

"I dont anything about wicketkeeping"

4 slips!?

It's Ishant Sharma, not Malcolm Marshall. :facepalm:

Ishant has bowled well today....... within himself but what is required of him is to stand up and lead this pack.

Bad body language from Indian fielders, putting hands in the pocket yet again. Pathetic attitude.

I'm going to start growing grey hair before these Indians ball out england.

wonder what the odds are england will declare in both innings :yk

RP Singh averages 39.57 with the ball currently.......... may just get to coveted 40 mark in this test.

After all the hype, this is turning out to be a boring test series. This match might end up as a draw, but it will never be an India win.

Beat this. RPS was on a holiday when he received a call from the selectors asking him to join the team. This is what you call planning for a tour.

sorry guys but this (Ind bowling attack) is an absolute insult to test cricket

England scoring less than 3 an over. India have not done that badly, the only thing is that they have not picked wickets.

is this the match day 1 thread?

if yes then checking in before any New England fans accuse of hiding in the corner... :)

Really surprised to see the usual suspects line up missing?

Wherez me Fawad2010??

hey :umarakmal

I was catching up on some sleep earlier. Honestly I am shocked to see PK not playing!

He was the only one who was a threat to England and earned their respect.

On second thought why the hell aren't Indians getting any wickets

boring cricket

unless England make 800 and it will be some kind of record and not boring lol

England scoring less than 3 an over. India have not done that badly, the only thing is that they have not picked wickets.

but they havent even looked like taking one, thats what you`d expect from minnows attack

Indians have pretty much wasted the new ball, I don't think the :133: has even begun.

Strauss and Cook have managed to see off the new ball, and they are looking set as ever. Time for Strauss to up his average :D

Even when England were ranked below Zimbabwe they used to show more fight than this.

Pathetic!

A Division 2 English county 2nd XI would probably give this lot a game. Oh, wait, they've already lost to one of those on this tour, haven't they?

Overrate is 13, Does Dhoni really want his 1-on-1 with match refree?

I would be a very happy man if Dhoni got suspended for that. His over rates - with no express bowlers either - are abysmal and I suspect he uses it as a tactic to slow scoring. Deserves suspension.

Ponting deserved suspension even more than Dhoni but he aint captain anymore.

I would be a very happy man if Dhoni got suspended for that. His over rates - with no express bowlers either - are abysmal and I suspect he uses it as a tactic to slow scoring. Deserves suspension.

Ponting deserved suspension even more than Dhoni but he aint captain anymore.

I think the next scheduled test is the boxing day test for India. Are there any other test matches in between?

So India have lost every match on tour so far, and it looks like they will lose this? LOLOL

What a boring Match . Even England want to boost there averages by bashing the poor Indian bowlers . None of the Indian players look keen , everyone seems to be waiting for the 5th day of the test match to arrive . Useless to play these inconsequential Tests

What a boring Match . Even England want to boost there averages by bashing the poor Indian bowlers . None of the Indian players look keen , everyone seems to be waiting for the 5th day of the test match to arrive . Useless to play these inconsequential Tests

Yes indeed it's the batsmens' fault for not making this interesting enough for Indian fans.

Just a reminder this match is being played in England, if there is one place in the world that is helpful for bowlers it's England.

And as for inconsequential tests, England has less motivation to win this match and they are showing more of fight then Indians who have their long faces to save!

Last edited:
Its not the "Test Crickets" fault that India are playing like utter losers in this series. The moment England reached 50-0, Indian players gave up, shoulders were down & hands in the pockets.

Blame your team not test cricket!

Yes indeed it's the batsmens' fault for not making this interesting enough for Indian fans.

Just a reminder this match is being played in England, if there is one place in the world that is helpful for bowlers it's England.

And as for inconsequential tests, England has less motivation to win this match and they are showing more of fight then Indians who have their long faces to save!
Exactly! Maybe rajan70 needs SRK to be dancing in the crowd along with cheerleaders for him to be interested in cricket!

What a boring Match . Useless to play these inconsequential Tests

No such thing in my book.

England will want to destroy India, not take their feet off the gas and only win 3-0 or 3-1. India, if they have any pride at all, will look to avoid the whitewash.

Stop being a tool and hiding behind excuses.

Bet you are one of the fairweather goloryhunters!

they are only playing for Sacin to get 100

Indian loss wil drop them to number 3, within catching distance of Pak/NZ/WI

this is with the big 3 lol, what will happen when they retire?:misbah

Raining right now..England should bat all the tomorrow and declare.. Weather forecast is not great.. What do u guys think?

Raining quite steadily here in Sarf Larndon. Doubt there will be much more play today.

I see you guys already started the rain dance :p

Mate if the dance had any strength on it then i woulod have been dancing since day 1 Lords :p

Its the crappy English weather that it rains in the summer all the time..

The only thing is mass immigration has diluted it to have patches of sunshine now in the middle

So in the interest of saving the traditonal English Summer vote for BNP :p

Mate if the dance had any strength on it then i woulod have been dancing since day 1 Lords :p

Its the crappy English weather that it rains in the summer all the time..

The only thing is mass immigration has diluted it to have patches of sunshine now in the middle

So in the interest of saving the traditonal English Summer vote for BNP :p

:))

that could be the new BNP slogan

With that India managed to draw their first match in the series, all thanks to :sachin

All England need is 6-7 sessions to take our 20 wickets. Add another 3 and a half sessions for scoring 450. And there you have ,4-0 a real possibility if it doesn't rain from now on.

A 4-0 result would be very embarrassing for India.I don't expect anything from pathetic Indian bowlers, but Indian batters still have the ability to come good in this match.I expect big innings from atleast two Indian greats in this match.

A 4-0 result would be very embarrassing for India.I don't expect anything from pathetic Indian bowlers, but Indian batters still have the ability to come good in this match.I expect big innings from atleast two Indian greats in this match.

Dont take this personally but this sums up exactly the problem with Indian cricket, obsession with batting.

No wonder the bowling is rubbish

The sad bit is I will still be oging to cheer these idiots in the ODIS :(

Not sure if they deserve my hard earnt money...

@nish_mate ODI's will be MUCH more competitive i believe. how much you are paying for the tickets?

Any good weather predicter on when the rain will stop and play begin..

someone have Iphone app to find it out``???

Any good weather predicter on when the rain will stop and play begin..

someone have Iphone app to find it out``???

Its going to rain most of the day, dont hold your breath for much more play. The next two days should be better.

@nish_mate ODI's will be MUCH more competitive i believe. how much you are paying for the tickets?

Fawad got the tickets @ the face value as i bought them when they were released last October.

Oval @ 69, Lords @ 95....

Think will be worth much more now...

Seriously man I feel sorry for Indian fans, It's really sad. I am supporting England but still want some competition, these cricketers are showing a lack of interest, their fans don't deserve this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back