England vs India | 4th Test | The Oval | Aug 18-22 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahidafridi123

ODI Debutant
Runs
Well this time theres no worries for England about losing this match, they should try some new players, but I don't think they will. India, well they will just have to try and win this which is hardly any chance.

Who are you guys supporting?

<iframe src="http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8/Next3DaysEmbed.xhtml?target=_parent" allowTransparency="true" width="306" height="435" frameborder="0">You must have a browser that supports iframes to view the BBC weather forecast</iframe>

Last edited:
Apparently, India hasn't lost at Oval since '59. Time to rewrite that record?

is this the match day 1 thread?

if yes then checking in before any New England fans accuse of hiding in the corner... :)

Really surprised to see the usual suspects line up missing?

Wherez me Fawad2010??

Flipping overcast and gloomy @ Heathrow- if it's anythung like this in South London then its going be a win the toss bowl first.

Toss could be vital here- on other hand naah we suck currently so dont matter if we win it or lose it.

Whitewash on it's way...

Incidentally the last whitewash b/w the 2 sides was in 93 wasnt it when England toured India?? Kumble, Raju and Chauhan took the honours then...

is this the match day 1 thread?

if yes then checking in before any New England fans accuse of hiding in the corner... :)

Really surprised to see the usual suspects line up missing?

Wherez me Fawad2010??

this is the thread for the whole match

Anyone lurking around the Oval, a weather update would be nice.

Starting to brighten up @ heathrow, still very overcast but sun is trying to peek out...

Hopefully is the same @ Oval...

England going into the match positively. Not resting Anderson, shows they want to win this one too.

RPS may not be match fit as he hasn't played a first class match for 6-7 months now.

India need to get this English side out for 300 , if they want to make it 3 -1. Otherwise it will be over.

Lols they had one half-decent bowler in the team and now he is injured too. What fitness these guys have! Anyways good luck to RP Singh. He bowled well in England last time around.

This is a very good batting surface, Indians can draw here provided they make it count when they bat .

What fitness these guys have!
Getting injured during a match has nothing to do with fitness. Though I agree this Indian team has shocking fitness levels, not even club standards.

Lols they had one half-decent bowler in the team and now he is injured too. What fitness these guys have! Anyways good luck to RP Singh. He bowled well in England last time around.

I agree , fitness is a big problem. Zaheer should be played in the shorter formats only, because he breaks up again and again.

How the hell is Sreesanth still playing? Muna bhai should have come in his place....

India would have to make the new ball count otherwise it could be long day for them at the field. England bat really deep.

Indeed. Munaf won't have done any worse than Sree. If anything, he'd have given us some comic moments from his fielding efforts.

And still got Mishy on? Try the young lad Ojha for goodness sake, at least the guy doesnt no ball...

Also i think Ojhy is now playing for some county as well...

RP Singh has a big opportunity here to respond to this challenge and make himself permanent in the test team.

Sree is mentally unbalanced.. never know what to expect from the "Mad Man"
Muna can least bowl in line and length...

I agree. But his unpredictability makes him a better choice. Batsman can work out and get used to the length that Munaf bowls.

Bopara must find form, this might be the last opportunity for him.........he would be under pressure.

Should have rested SRT for the match and brought Mukund in- the young lad wouldnt have found a flatter pitch on the tour to get some confidence back and also protect him in the middle order rather than exposing him @ the top for the moment...

Poor Ojha got a county contract, was about to leave for England, was asked to replace Bhajji, has been warming the bench and will now go back to India after this test.

If possible release him now and let him play in county cricket if the county is still interested.

I agree. But his unpredictability makes him a better choice. Batsman can work out and get used to the length that Munaf bowls.

Mate if Muna consistently bowls outside offstump back of a line, the batsmen will always be taking a risk while hitting him on the onside..

Sree cant take wickets, cant control runs-with Muna atelast oyu get some control..

10 mins to go............

B4 the slaughter starts all over again...

Honestly for this match i would have dropped Ishant, Sree,SRT..

Gone in with Muna & RP to get the shine off the ball and then operated with 2 spinners to control the runs..

We cant take wickets as it is, if we controlled the run the batsmen would get bored and get out...

Mate if Muna consistently bowls outside offstump back of a line, the batsmen will always be taking a risk while hitting him on the onside..

Sree cant take wickets, cant control runs-with Muna atelast oyu get some control..

You might be a Munaf fan but he is more suited to shorter formats, the coaches have always had more faith in sreeshant when it comes to test.

And do not think that I am saying that sreesanth is a matchwinner, its just that he has more ability to swing the ball.

India already have Raina as a part time spinner so I guess they need to go with three seamers.

You might be a Munaf fan but he is more suited to shorter formats, the coaches have always had more faith in sreeshant when it comes to test.

And do not think that I am saying that sreesanth is a matchwinner, its just that he has more ability to swing the ball.

I am not a Munaf fan but anti Sree fan for sure becuase that clown of a person has given more chances than he deserves, still living off his 2007/8 performance.

The only fan i am of is of the Indian team and not of the individual players per se..

The jerk is now bowling in the 130's range anymore but in 120's and in that range i rather take control, coz no use swinging it in 120's.

The problem with Sree is he will not try or apply "whatever excuse for brains" he has got.

Spank him for 2 4 's and he will lose it there and then.

No use going in with 3 seamers for the sake of it, when they cant take a wicket or control the runs.

If you cannot bowl out the oppos then contains them....

Also Sree anyways is preganent with a belly so will lose steam in 3 overs...

Poor poor stewards at the Oval today. They are letting spectators roam around in the batsman's sight during a delivery. Strauss seems furious and rightly so. It affects your concentration.

RP Singh just bowling an embarassingly slow and leg side first over.

4-0 after the first over. Most of his deliverys would have been widfe if it was a limited overs game.

I am not a Munaf fan but anti Sree fan for sure becuase that clown of a person has given more chances than he deserves, still living off his 2007/8 performance.

The only fan i am of is of the Indian team and not of the individual players per se..

The jerk is now bowling in the 130's range anymore but in 120's and in that range i rather take control, coz no use swinging it in 120's.

The problem with Sree is he will not try or apply "whatever excuse for brains" he has got.

Spank him for 2 4 's and he will lose it there and then.

No use going in with 3 seamers for the sake of it, when they cant take a wicket or control the runs.

If you cannot bowl out the oppos then contains them....

Also Sree anyways is preganent with a belly so will lose steam in 3 overs...

Brother I can understand you anger, but the management feel that this is the best possible attack they have.

In England they cannot go with two spinners. Media will eat them up.

Its pisspoor to play Sree but giving new ball to a trundler like Ishant.

Brother I can understand you anger, but the management feel that this is the best possible attack they have.

In England they cannot go with two spinners. Media will eat them up.

Mere bhai this is Oval where you can go with 2 spinners. It is flat track ala Feorzshah Kotla.

I would have understood going in with 3 seamers if we had half decent ones-we dont even have a county std. attack with these 3.

Bhai it is like going in with 3 seamers coz it is the formula and written in the book.

Management should think about saving the game and not the media...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back