Kuldeep Yadav's majestic (5/72) wreaks havoc on England (218), trailing India (135/1) by 83 runs at stumps on day 1

And to think Stokes hasn't bowled in a single ball in this series. A total burden on his team.

Is his captaincy good enough to earn him a place in XI? I don't think so. Would be livid if an Indian captain is as incompetent as Stokes is in this series.

ENG just realized this has been a long tour notwithstanding having their families/GF's & Chef with them [ not forgetting mid tour holiday in Abu Dhabi] & want to be in London Sunday Night :)

So far he has been a HTB, most of his out of the world exploits have come at home, be it tests or ODIs.

He has done absolutely nothing in his career apart from 1-2 exceptional knocks.
His batting average in India+Pak+SL+UAE+Ban is 28, after 25 test matches. Just 1 100, and some of the pitches have been flat pancakes, like the ones in India in 2016 and this time around, and the one in Pakistan couple of seasons back.

du Plessis averaged less than 20 in SC+UAE. Apart from that can't think of another SENA player this bad in Asia. Usually batsmen rarely suck/sucked in all Asian venues, Stokes and Faf are exceptions. These two are the most inept batsmen against spin I can think of, but SENA players are rarely called out for doing badly in the SC.

What the hell happened i was gone for a lunch England only loss two wicket at that time now 8 wicket 🤣🤣

And to think Stokes hasn't bowled in a single ball in this series. A total burden on his team.

Is his captaincy good enough to earn him a place in XI? I don't think so. Would be livid if an Indian captain is as incompetent as Stokes is in this series.
World class all rounder Stokes lol

His batting average in India+Pak+SL+UAE+Ban is 28, after 25 test matches. Just 1 100, and some of the pitches have been flat pancakes, like the ones in India in 2016 and this time around, and the one in Pakistan couple of seasons back.

du Plessis averaged less than 20 in SC+UAE. Apart from that can't think of another SENA player this bad in Asia. Usually batsmen rarely suck/sucked in all SC venues, Stokes and Faf are exceptions. These two are the most inept batsmen against spin I can think of, but SENA players are rarely called out for doing badly in the SC.
Yeah, its hypocrisy, nothing else.

Playing spin and being adept at it is as important as your pace playing prowess.

Sadly, its not considered as such.

189/8 in 52 overs . If IND bat 25 overs today & 80 tomorrow , they would be 125+ ahead .

England’s win in India in 2021 was far more impressive than their fluke win this time around where India dominated 80% of the win.

In the 2021 win, England were dominant from day 1 thanks to Root’s brilliance and India never managed to get back into the Test.

I wholeheartedly agree with Rohit that England played better cricket in 2021 and more importantly, they were quiet too.

Bazball has barked like dogs but they have played like chickens on the field. What a humiliation.

WHy is Rohit dragging this? Bring on Kuldeep and finish this innings :sanga
This is where the issue with rohit.He
Knows no one from eng team is picking kuldeep and even then he drags it like a first time.Every time somebody has to remind him what happened and what to do next.

Kuldeep ran through the batting lineup like a bulldozer. From 175/3 to 194/8 courtesy Kuldeep.

1fMzKgZ.png

This pitch is not that flat. The ball has spin sharply on occasion. Some bare patches on a full length . That ball from Kuldeep which got Crawley on the pads and was reviewed was spinning well past leg stump.

WICKET! Foakes b Ashwin 24 - England 218-9

Spinners are doing the trick for India here.

India has destroyed bazball.
England started the series decently but were left confused after a couple of defeats

England all out for just 218 stupid batting can't complaint the pitch

WICKET! Anderson c Padikkal b Ashwin 0 - England 218 all out

Well, that didn't last too much longer.

1709803541679.png

Nasser Hussain on Sky Sports:

"That second session between lunch and tea was probably the most disappointing on this tour.

"I would also include the last ball before lunch when Pope ran down the pitch and was stumped.

"The middle order was blown away and the repetitive nature of England’s batting has become a concern."

England has been taken to cleaner in this whole series. I think that 1 win was a fluke now.. LOL
I think what happened was india took it way too casually. Infact they scored 400 in first innings. They just thought England will hole out without a fight. They went easy and paid the price.

Rohot robbed Kuldeep just so that Ashwin could get some wickets to his name

3 fours and 1 six for rohit so far out of 20 runs total...smashing them

I think what happened was india took it way too casually. Infact they scored 400 in first innings. They just thought England will hole out without a fight. They went easy and paid the price.
Credit where credit's due. Ollie Pope played the innings of a lifetime on tough pitch with some of the all-time best spin bowlers bowling at him. It happens sometimes. You just have to take your hat off.

I wouldn't say India particularly casually. He was just too good on the day.

Anderson was bowling really well, braindead captaincy by Stokes once again.

Jaiswal sending Bashir back to immigration office. :klopp

Dibs on Stokes doing mental health drama again and taking a “break” from cricket after this series.

Ollie Pope credited Bazball for Jaiswal's runs earlier in one of the press conferences. It is like a cult right now. Led by Stokes who is dire in these conditions, coached by a guy who got brushed away every time he came to India as captain. Feel for Root who has to take directions from these two gentlemen. Same Root who played a gritty knock in Nagpur to help England win in 2012, who scored 500 runs in 2016, and that epic 230 in Chennai last tour (Stokes won't score 200 runs in 10 innings this series.), a matchwinning 100 spoiled by others last test.

C'mon , man. That's unfair . Bashir has bowled rather well . He is bowling to our generational talent in Jaiswal who is a spin destroyer.

Extremely harsh to judge him so quickly.

Horrible use of reviews by England this game. Burnt all 3 reviews in their batting innings in a span of 12 deliveries, no run was added in those 12 balls. Now this comedy review.

Ollie Pope credited Bazball for Jaiswal's runs earlier in one of the press conferences. It is like a cult right now. Led by Stokes who is dire in these conditions, coached by a guy who got brushed away every time he came to India as captain. Feel for Root who has to take directions from these two gentlemen. Same Root who played a gritty knock in Nagpur to help England win in 2012, who scored 500 runs in 2016, and that epic 230 in Chennai last tour (Stokes won't score 200 runs in 10 innings this series.), a matchwinning 100 spoiled by others last test.
Root is an all-time great Test batsman, miles better than Stokes and McCullum put together.

They have wasted a year of his peak by forcing him to bat like a slogger. Let him do his thing and he will keep piling up the runs.

Stokes and McCullum are a cancer that should be culled after this series. Reinstate Root as captain or maybe give the reigns to young Pope.

England is a decent side, they just need to keep their head down and not talk too much. It is clear that Bazball is not a sustainable way of playing Test cricket.

Tbh, later in his career Bashir will look back fondly at this experience, of crossing swords with the GOAT.

Even now tennis players who used to get wrecked by Federer recall those experiences so fondly, act like fanboys. Jaiswal's stature and aura will be similar in 15 years time.

Root is an all-time great Test batsman, miles better than Stokes and McCullum put together.

They have wasted a year of his peak by forcing him to bat like a slogger. Let him do his thing and he will keep piling up the runs.

Stokes and McCullum are a cancer that should be culled after this series. Reinstate Root as captain or maybe give the reigns to young Pope.

England is a decent side, they just need to keep their head down and not talk too much. It is clear that Bazball is not a sustainable way of playing Test cricket.
What is more likely to happen is England going back to brutalizing Lanka and WI at home with this Bazball approach, then in Pakistan. All will be good in the world, the myth of Stokes and Baz will be further pushed down our throats, until the next reality check in Australia.

Tbh, later in his career Bashir will look back fondly at this experience, of crossing swords with the GOAT.

Even now tennis players who used to get wrecked by Federer recall those experiences so fondly, act like fanboys. Jaiswal's stature and aura will be similar in 15 years time.
Hope Jaiswal has similar aura in cricket world as Federer has in tennis world.

Hope Jaiswal has similar aura in cricket world as Federer has in tennis world.
He is the chosen one, much like Sachin of early 90s. I think Jaiswal will be mentally tougher and even more ruthless than Sachin because of his upbringing. I really wish for that to happen, because historically upper classes have dominated the Indian cricket scene. Rise of Jaiswal will be a welcome change much like how Dhoni's rise moved cricket away from metros to tier B and C cities/towns.

This is high quality batting. Low risk but quick to pounce on any nonsense. That middle order's still a little fragile but given our lower order, it could be the foundation of a really big score.

He is the chosen one, much like Sachin of early 90s. I think Jaiswal will be mentally tougher and even more ruthless than Sachin because of his upbringing. I really wish for that to happen, because historically upper classes have dominated the Indian cricket scene. Rise of Jaiswal will be a welcome change much like how Dhoni's rise moved cricket away from metros to tier B and C cities/towns.
Will be great to have an Indian batsman greater than Tendulkar.

Jaiswal, Pant, Kuldeep, Bumrah are among my most favorite cricketers, so hyped for the next tour to Australia when these 4 will play together. Hope Jurel and Sarfaraz also shine. Gill has been a disappointment after the initial hype, hope he too justifies his potential.

This is the passing of baton series from Ashwin to Kuldeep.

Not saying Axar was bad, because his batting provided lots of cover for faded Pujara, Kohli, Rahane in 2021-23. But Kuldeep is just built different, destined for greatness.

Yes, whatever limited chances Axar got, he justified his selection with his performance. Blaming him for Kuldeep's exclusion is not correct. Axar has played only 14 tests; his bowling average is 19, and his batting average is 36.

Biopic loading in 10-15 years and he has the backstory for it as well.

“Yashasvi” will be hitting the theaters one day and it will be a blockbuster hit.

Jaiswal is now fastest Indian batsman in terms of innings (16 innings) to score 1000 test runs.

Yes, whatever limited chances Axar got, he justified his selection with his performance. Blaming him for Kuldeep's exclusion is not correct. Axar has played only 14 tests; his bowling average is 19, and his batting average is 36.
Axar batted like a dream in the 2023 Border Gavaskar Trophy. Almost 300 runs down the order. Main reason why we won that one, his partnership with Ashwin in Delhi, day 2, was amazingly clutch.

Even when they were successful with this positive approach i never rated England's bowling. I always wondered how they took 20 wickets. Just field settings of Stokes that forced errors from some batsmen. India also succumbed uselessly in the first test against nothing balls. But after 2nd test they corrected themselves. The field changes every ball from Stokes is not working as expected.

Back