[VIDEOS] "I declare that I am available to be considered for the upcoming T20I World Cup": Mohammad Amir

Is Mohammad Amir's return from retirement in Pakistan's best interest?

• Total voters
I see people hyping Usman Khan unnecessarily. Don't think he will come good at international level.
you may have a point, usman khan failed badly in the t20 league he played in before PSL
when usama mir is your leading wicket taker in PSL that tells you the quality of the league its self

Regarding Amir's comeback, Mohsin Naqvi stated:

"The selection committee will decide Mohammad Amir's future for Pakistan cricket,”

Next will be Malik

I'd like to see Abrar in there as well. Pitches in the Windies favor spinners, so for the matches there, Rauf or Amir could be dropped.

Also, I think Shaheen, Naseem, Amir and Imad are better with the new ball (in general). Who would you have open the bowling
Open with Shaheen and bowl out his overs during the PP. give 2 overs to Naseem and 2 overs to Amir. Then give Rauf 1-2 overs and operate with Shadab / Saim / Ifti / Imad in the middle.

Close out the death overs with Naseem and Amir then

Adding Imad and Amir is good for Pakistan if they can handle the volatility of these players.

You need good man management skills as a leader here.

On talent alone, they will add great depth to the team both with bat and ball.

Doesn’t matter - if you are good enough then you are good enough to play for the national team again

But what is the criteria to assess his performance for making a comeback? Because in this PSL Amir was a total failure.

Naqvi did say he's looking to increase PCB revenue, maybe Amir can help in this regard

Guys here look Amir from a 2017 CT win tinted lenses. These guys have been milking it for eternity. Praising and sucking upto Ind players and criticizing your own country players at every opportunity . And now unretiring - this has to be a new low. Amir is a pale shadow of himself and will be hammered in the 24t20wc. But I hope he is selected and then he will be hammered by Ind and other teams and then the ghost of Amir 2017 CT can well and truly be buried and Pak can move on. Am resigned to the fact that Ind will pick Kohli and Rohit and Jaddu for the t20w - so one last hurrah for these guys and Amit - unfit for T20s guys - and then Ind and Pak can move on with the younger talent. No way Pak or ind is winning this t20wc with these washed up players..

Guys here look Amir from a 2017 CT win tinted lenses. These guys have been milking it for eternity. Praising and sucking upto Ind players and criticizing your own country players at every opportunity . And now unretiring - this has to be a new low. Amir is a pale shadow of himself and will be hammered in the 24t20wc. But I hope he is selected and then he will be hammered by Ind and other teams and then the ghost of Amir 2017 CT can well and truly be buried and Pak can move on. Am resigned to the fact that Ind will pick Kohli and Rohit and Jaddu for the t20w - so one last hurrah for these guys and Amit - unfit for T20s guys - and then Ind and Pak can move on with the younger talent. No way Pak or ind is winning this t20wc with these washed up players..
India can win, Pakistan nope.

But Amir is still superior to Rauf or hasan Ali who we were frequently picking in pur squad.

He will never be the same player he was. The second time is never as good as the first one. He is almost 32 years now, we should be looking towards the future instead of has been cheats.

Is he also available for the T20I series vs NZ and Eng, to prove his selection? Or is he wanting to be directly picked for the World Cup?

Play all 4

Naseem, Amir, Shaheen and Rauf

I don’t mind Rauf bowling as long as it is limited to a burst of 1-2 overs where he goes full throttle at 150+

Add Shadab, Imad and Saim bowling then we are looking in good shape.

So play this team:

1. Saud
2. Saim
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Iftikhar
6. Imad
7. Shadab
8. Shaheen
9. Amir
10. Naseem
11. Rauf

All set to win it come July!! 😍😍😍

What a middle order Babar Rizwan Iftikhar proven match winners in important matches.

:razzaq

He will never be the same player he was. The second time is never as good as the first one. He is almost 32 years now, we should be looking towards the future instead of has been cheats.

It’s a last tournament for some players can’t see Imad Iftikhar Amir maybe Rizwan or Babar at the next one if Pakistan doesn’t do well.

Read in between the lines. He only wants to play world t20 and not series for pakistan.

You know what, i actually hope and want Amir to get selected and play 1 game atleast. This will delay his IPL stint by another 3-5 years and that is when he will be old.

I still doubt Amir's intentions, as soon as he will get selected, he will fake an injury

Because he has done a U Turn on his retirement he now does warrant a place in the xi and is a much clever bowl than our current fast bowlers (Shaheen,Naseem,Rauf,Wasim)

If this team doesn't get to the final it's

Saim
Rizwan
Babar
Fakhar
Azam Khan
Iftikhar
Shadab
Imad
Shaheen
Amir
Naseem

It’s a last tournament for some players can’t see Imad Iftikhar Amir maybe Rizwan or Babar at the next one if Pakistan doesn’t do well.
We should already be looking at the future. Only Riz and Babar should be certainties for the WC. Ifti can be considered too but not Imad and Amir. I don't want a team of Dad's army!! :love:

3rd ICC Medal Coming Soon InshaAllah!

I have the following message already saved in my special drafts to use on PP forums in the future:

‘Aamir won Pakistan 3 ICC Trophies, what has your favourite jobber done? don’t compare anybody with his excellency’

Read in between the lines. He only wants to play world t20 and not series for pakistan.

You know what, i actually hope and want Amir to get selected and play 1 game atleast. This will delay his IPL stint by another 3-5 years and that is when he will be old.

I still doubt Amir's intentions, as soon as he will get selected, he will fake an injury

You have to thank Misbah for Amir's reselection. He went out of his way to bring him back to the test side in 2016.

Looks like Misbah did all the heavy lifting, all for Amir to turn his back on him and say "you're a flop coach, I ain't playing for you". :ROFLMAO:

Four active players now (Amir, Imad, Azam and Saim) that have done well recently in Caribbean conditions (CPL)

You have to thank Misbah for Amir's reselection. He went out of his way to bring him back to the test side in 2016.

Looks like Misbah did all the heavy lifting, all for Amir to turn his back on him and say "you're a flop coach, I ain't playing for you". :ROFLMAO:
BTW I checked.

Imad got an offer to study medicine at Swansea in UK and before that he gained a fine arts degree.

During his fine arts degree in UK he was mostly studying online as he was also playing under 19 cricket for lahore, His duel nationality meant that he could have played for UK or Pakistan but he choose to remain loyal to his country of origin.

After his degree by the time he was 23, he briefly attended medicine before dropping out to pursue cricket full time, but before med school his fine arts degree is still valid from Swansea uni, and I believe he's a notable alumni their as well due to his cricketing status.

No one credited his educational status, but Misbah is educated so that puts him a step above everyone else?

Not making fun of Misbah's education, He's a degree holder but so was hafeez in engineering, so are many cricketers, don't know why misbah was singled out?

Just wanted to add that fact, that Imad isn't some uneducated bafoon who wrongfully made comments on the team, Education wise he and hafeez are smarter in managerial affairs then your average cricketer. So all the comments he mentioned about Babar weren't entirely out of spite.

BTW I checked.

Imad got an offer to study medicine at Swansea in UK and before that he gained a fine arts degree.

During his fine arts degree in UK he was mostly studying online as he was also playing under 19 cricket for lahore, His duel nationality meant that he could have played for UK or Pakistan but he choose to remain loyal to his country of origin.

After his degree by the time he was 23, he briefly attended medicine before dropping out to pursue cricket full time, but before med school his fine arts degree is still valid from Swansea uni, and I believe he's a notable alumni their as well due to his cricketing status.

No one credited his educational status, but Misbah is educated so that puts him a step above everyone else?

Not making fun of Misbah's education, He's a degree holder but so was hafeez in engineering, so are many cricketers, don't know why misbah was singled out?

Just wanted to add that fact, that Imad isn't some uneducated bafoon who wrongfully made comments on the team, Education wise he and hafeez are smarter in managerial affairs then your average cricketer. So all the comments he mentioned about Babar weren't entirely out of spite.

That's interesting because there's always been this portrayal of him as some sort of buffoon by the pro-Babar/anti-Imad set of fans.

Misbah's education holds no relevance in cricketing matters because his substandard cricketing IQ was there for everyone to see during his stints as Captain, Head Coach and Chief Selector.

That's interesting because there's always been this portrayal of him as some sort of buffoon by the pro-Babar/anti-Imad set of fans.

Misbah's education holds no relevance in cricketing matters because his substandard cricketing IQ was there for everyone to see during his stints as Captain, Head Coach and Chief Selector.
None of their degrees hold any relevance anymore.

Hafeez's degree holds no relevance as he's not pursuing engineering, Same with misbah and imad,

However after cricket these 3 can ironically gain pretty high positions due to their status. Which hafeez kinda did for a while.

The whole point was that a key argument Misbah fans use is that he is educated hence he was agood coach and captain, and everyone else is portrayed to be a bafoon.

All I'm saying is, Misbah isn't the only educated individual so all statements he makes doesn't auto invalidate any statement imad or hafeez make.

you may have a point, usman khan failed badly in the t20 league he played in before PSL
when usama mir is your leading wicket taker in PSL that tells you the quality of the league its self
Usama Mir is heavily improved bowler, he was never doing too well before, he's a much better bowler this season, it's absolutely criminal to disregard the work done by the Multan Sultans bowling coaches in his improvements. That being said, I do agree the fact Usman Khan scoring that heavily does show we may not have the highest standards but nevertheless Usama Mir's improvement speaks for itself.

According to reports on social media, Wahab wanted Shoaib Malik but Naqvi vetoed it.

Use Rauf in limited bursts - give him 1-2 overs where he has to go full throttle at 150+
That is true.
But last time I checked none of them are fast bowlers, had five years away from the game, retired and then unretired themselves

dcan describe Mohammad Amir in 2024 and back in 2010 too. Can't even stick to the hissy fit he threw acting like he's a victim when he got kicked out the team.

Although, it is pretty satisfying seeing him and Imad waste 3-4 years of their careers sat on TV, playing circus leagues and now running back as soon as PCB orders them to.

Spineless.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fair critique but the World Cup is in WI.

He took 16 wickets for an average of 13.75 in the CPL.

There is no doubt Amir and Imad are both useful players in those conditions with relevant experience compared to most players in the squad.

He's going to be facing full strength national teams and their best batters. This ain't CPL level. Amir was thrashed in the Legends League and is past his best

Unfortunately Amir is not at the level he was during these spells, but for some reason he does always perform against Rohit.

Correct. Also, I think Rohit has tightened his technique a bit now that he regularly opens in test cricket.

Should be a great contest though nonetheless.

Please bring back Hafeez and Wahab too. This Naqvi fellow has lost his marbles.

Nonetheless, this what Pakistani fans deserve.

This is a fantastic decision. With Shaheen not always at the top of his game. Absolutely crucial to have a reliable left armer in the squad

Of course threads like this are always going to attract hysterical comments like bring back such and such has been from 1994 and such. But there are only two criteria which need to be considered re Amir:

• Is he still currently worth his place in a Pakistan T20 line up?
  • Can he be trusted given his spot fixing convictions in the past?
The rest is just unnecessary emotional venting.

Of course threads like this are always going to attract hysterical comments like bring back such and such has been from 1994 and such. But there are only two criteria which need to be considered re Amir:

• Is he still currently worth his place in a Pakistan T20 line up?
  • Can he be trusted given his spot fixing convictions in the past?
The rest is just unnecessary emotional venting.
Amir was very mediocre in the PSL. Finished 15th in the list of leading wicket-takers and had an unimpressive economy rate of 8+.

He looked like the retired bowler that he is and if the criteria for selection is PSL performances, then he doesn’t deserve to be selected.

However, it appears that the only criteria of selection is popularity among the fans so if Amir can be selected then why not Hafeez or Wahab.

Your second criteria of spot fixing convictions makes absolutely no sense because he played for 4 years after returning from the spot fixing ban, so if his criminal past didn’t matter then why should it matter now.

Both Amir and Imad have proved that they are not men of their words and have zero credibility. They don’t have the courage to take a decision and stand by it.

The BS drama of “we are taking our retirement back to help our country” will sell though.

Can’t wait to see both Amir and Imad flop at the World Cup, get dropped and retire again. They both deserve a humiliating end to their sorry careers and justice will be served.

According to reports on social media, Wahab wanted Shoaib Malik but Naqvi vetoed it.
I’m surprised that Wahab doesn’t want himself and Hafeez. Bring Saeed Ajmal back too.

Both Amir and Imad have proved that they are not men of their words and have zero credibility. They don’t have the courage to take a decision and stand by it.

The BS drama of “we are taking our retirement back to help our country” will sell though.

Can’t wait to see both Amir and Imad flop at the World Cup, get dropped and retire again. They both deserve a humiliating end to their sorry careers and justice will be served.

I thought you would take Amir back in a heartbeat over Rauf and Nasim. Why flip flopping now?

Rohit Sharma must be quaking in his boots hearing this news. Amir and Shaheen bowling left arm over the wicket with new ball dipping in is a nightmare for Sharma.

I can already visualize the gap between bat and pad all over in New York

View attachment 142906

View attachment 142907

View attachment 142908

Rohit absolutely smashed Shaheen in the 2023 Asia Cup and then in the WC game, he treated Shaheen's full blooded inswinger and bouncers as if a spinner were bowling to him. He dished similar treatment to Amir in the 2018 Asia Cup and 2019 ODI WC. You can surprise him, catch him off guard the first time he faces you after ages but when he is fully switched on, you cannot stop him from bossing you.

I thought you would take Amir back in a heartbeat over Rauf and Nasim. Why flip flopping now?
Amir announced his retirement. That is the end of his story. What is this nonsense of taking your retirement back?

The only flip flopper is Amir himself, who lacks the courage to stand by his decisions and proved that he is not a man of his word.

Amir announced his retirement. That is the end of his story. What is this nonsense of taking your retirement back?

The only flip flopper is Amir himself, who lacks the courage to stand by his decisions and proved that he is not a man of his word.

If you can flip flop, so can Amir. No issues

If you can flip flop, so can Amir. No issues
Useless who recently finished 15th in the PSL in terms of wickets and had an economy of 8+.

This is the guy that PCB thinks will fire them to World Cup glory in 2024.

He is exactly what PCB and delusional fans deserve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amir was very mediocre in the PSL. Finished 15th in the list of leading wicket-takers and had an unimpressive economy rate of 8+.

He looked like the retired bowler that he is and if the criteria for selection is PSL performances, then he doesn’t deserve to be selected.

However, it appears that the only criteria of selection is popularity among the fans so if Amir can be selected then why not Hafeez or Wahab.

Your second criteria of spot fixing convictions makes absolutely no sense because he played for 4 years after returning from the spot fixing ban, so if his criminal past didn’t matter then why should it matter now.

We are talking about pace bowlers not every type of bowler in the PSL, and specifically Pakistan bowlers not from every nation so the 15th in the list of leading wicket takers is meaningless. The only worthwhile comparison is current Pakistan pace bowlers, and from what I saw in PSL, Amir is still better than most. Whether he will be in 2025 is another matter but that can be monitored.

Predictable U-turn.

To be honest, this is not a bad news for Pakistan. Amir is a big match player.

I don't think he deserves a spot in the T20 XI but I would take him over Haris Rauf in a heartbeat

The balance of squad needs to be considered withall members of Grandpa XI coming back, Malik Amir and Imad are too old for international T20

The balance of squad needs to be considered withall members of Grandpa XI coming back, Malik Amir and Imad are too old for international T20

Depends if the youth brigade is performing better. Being in your 20's is great as long as you can actually do the job on the pitch.

I would agree though that Malik is past it. Amir and Imad are still better than most of their younger contemporaries.

Depends if the youth brigade is performing better. Being in your 20's is great as long as you can actually do the job on the pitch.

I would agree though that Malik is past it. Amir and Imad are still better than most of their younger contemporaries.
Then what wrong has Abbas Afridi, Wasim Jr. Etc done to be axed for these mercenaries

One thing is very clear which i like about this new PCB regime, they are not going to blindly drink Babar's cool aid or treat him like a holy grail like we saw during Ramiz's time. The undue influence of Babar Azam is over

Hafeez says to Amir, go play in the domestics and perform and I will select you for the Pakistan team. Amir says no thank you.

PCB chair basically promises Amir a place in the Pakistan team and Amir says, yes I will take back my retirement.

Then we wonder why the country is heading in the direction the way it is heading.

Then what wrong has Abbas Afridi, Wasim Jr. Etc done to be axed for these mercenaries

Abbas Afridi I quite like, he's a tough competitor, just don't think he has either the pace or variety Amir offers. Wasim Jr is just a fast inswing bowler who the best batsmen can just pick off at will. He was hammered to all parts in the PSL.

Hafeez says to Amir, go play in the domestics and perform and I will select you for the Pakistan team. Amir says no thank you.

PCB chair basically promises Amir a place in the Pakistan team and Amir says, yes I will take back my retirement.

Then we wonder why the country is heading in the direction the way it is heading.
There is no need to prove what Amir is capable of... so just to get his spot sending him to domestic cricket was a bit awkward for him.

One thing is very clear which i like about this new PCB regime, they are not going to blindly drink Babar's cool aid or treat him like a holy grail like we saw during Ramiz's time. The undue influence of Babar Azam is over
A cricket nation that puts a convicted fixer and a mediocre all-rounder who retired for selfish reasons above arguably its greatest batsman who has always served the country with grace, dignity and honesty, deserves to be humiliated.

I shall be praying for Babar’s success but for Amir, Imad and PCB’s failure. They should absolutely not be riding on Babar’s success and then claim that they were the reason why Pakistan won.

Can’t wait to see Amir and Imad to get humiliated at the World Cup and then retire again for good and for Naqvi, Wahab and the entire regime to get booted out.

A cricket nation that puts a convicted fixer and a mediocre all-rounder who retired for selfish reasons above arguably its greatest batsman who has always served the country with grace, dignity and honesty, deserves to be humiliated.

I shall be praying for Babar’s success but for Amir, Imad and PCB’s failure. They should absolutely not be riding on Babar’s success and then claim that they were the reason why Pakistan won.

Can’t wait to see Amir and Imad to get humiliated at the World Cup and then retire again for good and for Naqvi, Wahab and the entire regime to get booted out.

Naqvi is related to Asim Munir and is even more powerful than Shahbaz Sharif. He did great things as Punjab CM, he is not going anywhere. You can pray confused and badniyat all you want

We are talking about pace bowlers not every type of bowler in the PSL, and specifically Pakistan bowlers not from every nation so the 15th in the list of leading wicket takers is meaningless. The only worthwhile comparison is current Pakistan pace bowlers, and from what I saw in PSL, Amir is still better than most. Whether he will be in 2025 is another matter but that can be monitored.
He didn’t uproot any trees even if you exclude spinners and overseas fast bowlers.

The following Pakistani pacers outperformed him:

1. Mohammad Ali
2. Naseem
3. Shaheen
4. Hassan Ali
5. Abbas Afridi
6. Mir Hamza

What has Amir done to get back into the team? Just because he was successful once upon a time?

He should first prove it in the PSL that he has still got it and is better than the Pakistani bowlers who are featuring regularly in the team, but he got out-bowled by 3-4 local pacers who aren’t even in contention of playing for Pakistan at this point.

Naqvi is related to Asim Munir and is even more powerful than Shahbaz Sharif. He did great things as Punjab CM, he is not going anywhere. You can pray confused and badniyat all you want
Naqvi will eventually have to leave the PCB post and be a puppet Interior Minister to Asim Munir.

This nonsense regime that is clearly anti-Babar and pro-fixers and toxic failures will be disintegrated very soon and all these snakes along with Wahab will be kicked out for good.

We need a Pakistan cricket setup that is free of individuals like Amir, Imad, Wahab, Malik etc.

There is no need to prove what Amir is capable of... so just to get his spot sending him to domestic cricket was a bit awkward for him.
Amir is in his mid 30s (he is clearly a lot older than “31”) and retired from international cricket like a coward many moons ago.

He needs to prove himself in domestic cricket as much as anyone else, and if he is so much better than other domestic bowlers then why did he get outperformed by several local bowlers in the PSL?

Naqvi will eventually have to leave the PCB post and be a puppet Interior Minister to Asim Munir.

This nonsense regime that is clearly anti-Babar and pro-fixers and toxic failures will be disintegrated very soon and all these snakes along with Wahab will be kicked out for good.

We need a Pakistan cricket setup that is free of individuals like Amir, Imad, Wahab, Malik etc.

Naqvi is not going anywhere. Shahbaz Sharif was not happy with his appointment and clearly communicated to GHQ that he wanted an interior minister of his own choice, GHQ told him to sit down. Shahbaz Sharif then told Naqvi to either choose the interior ministry or PCB but you cannot do both, Naqvi told Shahbaz Sharif I can perfectly do both and will do both and I don't report to you.

Be prepared to see Mohsin Speed in the PCB. The establishment decides who runs the PCB.

Back