[VIDEOS] "I declare that I am available to be considered for the upcoming T20I World Cup": Mohammad Amir

Is Mohammad Amir's return from retirement in Pakistan's best interest?

• Total voters
He had a pretty mediocre PSL i'd probably take any of the better performing pacers over him
PSL 2024: 10 Wickets, 8.3 Economy, 28.6 Average and 20.4 Strike Rate.

At worst you will call this a regulation performance in T20. Also don't forget Amir usually bowls in the difficult parts of the innings. Including the death overs.

I'll hold judgement until I see him back in green. Was good for QG but internationals are of course a different kettle of fish

A cricket nation that puts a convicted fixer and a mediocre all-rounder who retired for selfish reasons above arguably its greatest batsman who has always served the country with grace, dignity and honesty, deserves to be humiliated.

I shall be praying for Babar’s success but for Amir, Imad and PCB’s failure. They should absolutely not be riding on Babar’s success and then claim that they were the reason why Pakistan won.

Can’t wait to see Amir and Imad to get humiliated at the World Cup and then retire again for good and for Naqvi, Wahab and the entire regime to get booted out.

You are actually biased based on the above statement.

And then to consider Babar, someone who hits 3rd rate pacers of NZ, England C teams out of the park and gets centuries vs Nepal as Pakistan's best batsmen is cherry on the top.

Babar is the greatest delusion after the Rizwan delusion.

All these will come to a sorry end at the World Cup.

Hafeez says to Amir, go play in the domestics and perform and I will select you for the Pakistan team. Amir says no thank you.

PCB chair basically promises Amir a place in the Pakistan team and Amir says, yes I will take back my retirement.

Then we wonder why the country is heading in the direction the way it is heading.
Yeah no thank you

He’s been there, done that. You don’t need him to prove his international pedigree.

He’s Mohammad Amir, not Shahnawaz Dahani

Last edited by a moderator:
PSL 2024: 10 Wickets, 8.3 Economy, 28.6 Average and 20.4 Strike Rate.

At worst you will call this a regulation performance in T20. Also don't forget Amir usually bowls in the difficult parts of the innings. Including the death overs.
It's decent at best and it doesn't scream "pick me", he got outplayed by quite a few other pacers

He's going to be facing full strength national teams and their best batters. This ain't CPL level. Amir was thrashed in the Legends League and is past his best

I don't disagree, but if people can mention PSL stats then CPL stats (which will be similar to WC conditions) are valid.

For me, Amir will have to prove himself over the likes of Rauf, Wasim, and Mohammad Ali. I think he will be a useful option in the squad for that third pacer slot with his big-game experience.

You are actually biased based on the above statement.

And then to consider Babar, someone who hits 3rd rate pacers of NZ, England C teams out of the park and gets centuries vs Nepal as Pakistan's best batsmen is cherry on the top.

Babar is the greatest delusion after the Rizwan delusion.

All these will come to a sorry end at the World Cup.

Averaged under 18 in the last WT20 at a strike rate of less than run a ball. Can't flop harder than that!

If Babar flops again, not even Mamoon will be able to vouch for him in T20Is.

Like Imad's potential, its a selection based on the options. None of the bowlers have convinced in T20I recently. Shaheen has had a poor couple of years now, Naseem is still young, Haris Rauf to me seems finished. Wasim Jnr & Hasnain haven't developed, Abbas Afridi looks decent but inconsistent as well Aamir Jamal, Ihsanullah is currently rehabilitating, Arshad Iqbal isn't in the list of options, Mohammad Ali potentially is a option (not for me) & Mir Hamza seems to kept in the Tests.

So on this basis, they have asked M.Amir to take back his retirement. I however don't like it, he retired, turned his back on the national side, when they needed him. But with the T20WC taking place in WI, his experience could be potentially pivotal.

He didn’t uproot any trees even if you exclude spinners and overseas fast bowlers.

The following Pakistani pacers outperformed him:

1. Mohammad Ali
2. Naseem
3. Shaheen
4. Hassan Ali
5. Abbas Afridi
6. Mir Hamza

What has Amir done to get back into the team? Just because he was successful once upon a time?

He should first prove it in the PSL that he has still got it and is better than the Pakistani bowlers who are featuring regularly in the team, but he got out-bowled by 3-4 local pacers who aren’t even in contention of playing for Pakistan at this point.

1. Mohammad Ali I quite like, but he got some fearful hammer once he stepped outside of Multan. Nevertheless I still rate him, just think Amir is a bit harder to get after.
  2. Naseem is top drawer even though you are the one who has slagged him relentlessly for years.
  3. Shaheen is better but also hit and miss these days
  4. Hasan Ali. I think you are trolling at this point
  5. Abbas Afridi I already addressed above
  6. Mir Hamza only good for two overs with the new ball

Amir has this extra gear when in key tournament situations. As long as he is fit and in form he can deliver.

Shaheen is just passive, he has this blank stare. I don't think there is much going on his head, he seems a bit dim. This is why he is unable to become the leader of the pace attack. Last WC was a disaster of epic proportions.

1. Mohammad Ali I quite like, but he got some fearful hammer once he stepped outside of Multan. Nevertheless I still rate him, just think Amir is a bit harder to get after.
  2. Naseem is top drawer even though you are the one who has slagged him relentlessly for years.
  3. Shaheen is better but also hit and miss these days
  4. Hasan Ali. I think you are trolling at this point
  5. Abbas Afridi I already addressed above
  6. Mir Hamza only good for two overs with the new ball
Hassan Ali’s 2017 CT is bigger than Amir’s entire career. If it wasn’t for him, Amir wouldn’t have been able to get to the final in the first place.

Hassan Ali was the leading wicket taker and man of the tournament in an ICC tournament that Pakistan won, an achievement that Amir never has and never will replicate.

I don’t like him much as a bowler and I like him even less as a person, but he is a million times more likable than Amir because he is always available for Pakistan and he has always given his 100%.

He deserves a lot more respect and recognition than Amir but Pakistani fans have a thing for glorifying match fixers and players who are not committed to the national team.

If Hassan Ali outperforms Amir in a level playing field we should acknowledge it and reward him for it so yes, based on the recently concluded PSL, Hassan deserves to play ahead of him.

No one asked Amir to get outperformed by the likes of Hassan Ali and Abbas Afridi. He got outperformed because he wasn’t good enough and PCB rewarded him for not being good enough by begging him to revoke his retirement.

Amir chickened out of international cricket four years ago. He retired. He now belongs in the archives of history.

Retirement is a very simple concept in general, but Pakistani players, fans and PCB itself cannot get their heads around it.

Hassan Ali’s 2017 CT is bigger than Amir’s entire career. If it wasn’t for him, Amir wouldn’t have been able to get to the final in the first place.

Hassan Ali was the leading wicket taker and man of the tournament in an ICC tournament that Pakistan won, an achievement that Amir never has and never will replicate.

I don’t like him much as a bowler and I like him even less as a person, but he is a million times more likable than Amir because he is always available for Pakistan and he has always given his 100%.

He deserves a lot more respect and recognition than Amir but Pakistani fans have a thing for glorifying match fixers and players who are not committed to the national team.

If Hassan Ali outperforms Amir in a level playing field we should acknowledge it and reward him for it so yes, based on the recently concluded PSL, Hassan deserves to play ahead of him.

No one asked Amir to get outperformed by the likes of Hassan Ali and Abbas Afridi. He got outperformed because he wasn’t good enough and PCB rewarded him for not being good enough by begging him to revoke his retirement.

Amir chickened out of international cricket four years ago. He retired. He now belongs in the archives of history.

Retirement is a very simple concept in general, but Pakistani players, fans and PCB itself cannot get their heads around it.

He retired because he no longer felt valued.

He didnt retire because he had enough of playing cricket for Pakistan.

Amir is an impact and tournament bowler.

Not a thousand Hasan Ali's can match the ability and performance of Amir in big matches.

You can see CT 17 FINAL to gauge an idea about Amir and his big match ability

I know I sound like a broken record now but you include players like Amir, Fakhar and Imad based on their match winning potential even if they arent on a hot streak.

Afridi, Razzaq were similarly included despite them being average at times often.

Impact is what wins tournaments.

Not stats and 50 averages and opening the innings with SR of 100 and conserving wickets.

Mohammad Amir’s wicket of Kohli in the 2017 final is bigger than Babar and his entire bloodline’s contribution to Pakistan cricket. This includes his cousins Kamran and Umar.

Not a thousand Hasan Ali's can match the ability and performance of Amir in big matches.

I know I sound like a broken record now but you include players like Amir, Fakhar and Imad based on their match winning potential even if they arent on a hot streak.

Afridi, Razzaq were similarly included despite them being average at times often.

Not stats and 50 averages and opening the innings with SR of 100 and conserving wickets.
Amir retired because his weak, chicken body couldn’t cope with Test cricket. PCB brought him back to play all formats, not to retire from Test cricket 3 years into his comeback after sitting on his backside for 5 years.

PCB did the right thing by making it clear to him that if he can’t play Test cricket, then he will no longer be any guarantees over his selection in white ball cricket.

If Amir was a convicted fixer, PCB could have made an exception for him and made him feel “valued”, but Amir deserved no such leeways. He retired in retaliation.

Not a thousand Amirs can ever do what Hassan Ali did in the entire Champions Trophy. If it wasn’t for Hassan Ali, Amir would be on the way back to Pakistan before the final.

Has Amir ever been the leading wicket taker in an ICC tournament and the man of the series? Never and it will never happen either.

Hassan Ali’s peak achievements is far greater than Amir’s peak achievement and this is why he deserves more respect and recognition.

I also find it funny that you somehow group a bang average player like Imad with Amir and Fakhar, two players who were top drawer in their prime.

Peak Amir was a top bowler, but he is a washed up bowler now who retired moons ago and although skills wise he was better than peak Hassan Ali, peak Hassan Ali’s peak achievement completely overshadows Amir’s peak achievements.

Life is not about your potential but about your execution. Amir had the potential to be the leading wicket taker in an ICC tournament and win player of the tournament but he couldn’t execute it because he couldn’t find the form to impact an entire tournament.

Hassan Ali did and we must respect his achievement.

Amir deserves recognition for his two final performances in 2009 and 2017, no one can take that away from him. Similarly, Fakhar’s match winning century in the CT Final vs India belongs in the Hall of Fame of Pakistan cricket and will forever be the innings that will define his career, but I don’t understand who invited Imad to this party.

He has done absolutely nothing in his international career that can hold a candle to Amir’s two final performances, Hassan Ali’s CT and Fakhar’s CT Final performance.

Mohammad Amir’s wicket of Kohli in the 2017 final is bigger than Babar and his entire bloodline’s contribution to Pakistan cricket. This includes his cousins Kamran and Umar.
Babar will go down with more records than Amir, captaincy of Pakistan on his CV and more importantly, the pride of serving Pakistan with dignity and class.

Amir will always be remembered for being a fixer who threw away his career.

I think the main issue at hand here is the whole idea of calling up washed up cricketers who have performed in a few games of a short tournament. It's a slap in the face of cricketers who toil in domestic cricket and consistently produce good results. Why should they grind it out year after year if they're gonna be sidelined for a has been cricketer like Amir in the end anyway? Or cannon fodder for big sides Imad.

We need to take a leaf out of the book of the likes of India who expect players to grind it out in domestic cricket before handing out debuts. The Pakistani cap has become far too cheap.

Pakistani fans have this perception of whoever isn't in the side is better than who is in the side, and a weird obsession/admiration for criminals like Amir. This whole experiment is going to end in tears and we're gonna be a laughing stock at the international stage. Brace yourselves.

Babar will go down with more records than Amir, captaincy of Pakistan on his CV and more importantly, the pride of serving Pakistan with dignity and class.

Babar will always be remembered as the guy who cares about scoring 50s first whilst Pakistan suffered

Averaged under 18 in the last WT20 at a strike rate of less than run a ball. Can't flop harder than that!

If Babar flops again, not even Mamoon will be able to vouch for him in T20Is.
Naw, he'll say the same thing to you that he said to me,

"Babar and imam in 2023 are more skilled then they were in 2019, and they proved that by being completly out of form in the cup".

To you he'll say

"Babar in 2024 was 10x the batter he was then in 2023, him going out of form doesn't invalidate his godly skills, now go bash Yuvi Singh. "

Ironically Amir is remembered for his 2017 victory.

Just FYI, all pakistani's living in Australia aka educated, smart pakistani's all only talk about 2017 ct and Amir's spell along with fakhar's batting.

Just like how people only talk about inzi and Imran Khan 1992 and forgetting we initially lost 4 games on the dot.

I hate to break it to you, but no one in Australia takes Pakistan seriously beyond 2017, Australians tend to forget that Pakistan is a test cricket nation lol, and I'm not joking, I'm dead serious they actually don't know if CT was the case of an associate nation winning or if it was a test nation.

Literally the warmup games proved that, they beat a near full strength Pakistan team by bowling Warner and Smith lol.

All these Babar nonsense you have, the outside world Literally either forgets who he is 90% of the time. Its why the 100 also excluded him, no one really cares about Bobby.

It's just people in Pakistan and only in PAKISTAN, who media hyped him cause they thought he was an answer to kohli, same way they at one point media hyped umar akmal as if he's going to become the greatest pakistani vat ever.

The outside world doesn't care, they only care about cups, to the outside world, Pakistan lost significance post 2017, they only remember that a no 8 team won the cup via amir's spell and fakhar's performance and the captain was sarfraz.

They don't even remember hafeez's contribution or anyone else for that matter.

Trust me mate, UK and Australia and other countries don't care about Babar like you think they do, if they did, he wouldn't have gotten unsold, he went unsold because they Literally forgot he exists 😂.

Naw, he'll say the same thing to you that he said to me,

"Babar and imam in 2023 are more skilled then they were in 2019, and they proved that by being completly out of form in the cup".

To you he'll say

"Babar in 2024 was 10x the batter he was then in 2023, him going out of form doesn't invalidate his godly skills, now go bash Yuvi Singh. "

To add to the above, “whatever I said in the past is irrelevant, different time, different place, different toilet”

Why is Amir considered a good bowler?

Is it because of the only 2 moments in his career when he had other factors going for him? ie: the 2010 England tour which had the greenest, gloomiest conditions in history*? Or is it because of the 2017 CT final where Fakhar had already loaded up enough scoreboard pressure to ensure a 90% chance of victory?

*Remember: this guy has ended up with a test bowling average higher than his mentor Salman Butt's batting average.

I think the main issue at hand here is the whole idea of calling up washed up cricketers who have performed in a few games of a short tournament. It's a slap in the face of cricketers who toil in domestic cricket and consistently produce good results. Why should they grind it out year after year if they're gonna be sidelined for a has been cricketer like Amir in the end anyway? Or cannon fodder for big sides Imad.

We need to take a leaf out of the book of the likes of India who expect players to grind it out in domestic cricket before handing out debuts. The Pakistani cap has become far too cheap.

Pakistani fans have this perception of whoever isn't in the side is better than who is in the side, and a weird obsession/admiration for criminals like Amir. This whole experiment is going to end in tears and we're gonna be a laughing stock at the international stage. Brace yourselves.
Very well said.. Exactly what my thoughts are. Certain people have been grinding hard in the domestics for years and in the end, they will get ignored because Amir took his retirement back after running away saying he is not interested in test cricket. You are a national player, playing for the Pakistan team. Not here to satisfy your personal agenda. Play for the country or stay retired.

It’s so funny how you keep trying to sneak Imad Wasim into this list.

Yes, Fakhar and Amir have both won games on the highest stage for Pakistan. On the other hand, Imad Wasim’s has no done no similar thing. At best Imad Wasim has bowled well against the B and C sides that you all criticize Babar for scoring against. And his batting also failed even against the B and C sides in international T20.

Please bring back Hafeez and Wahab too. This Naqvi fellow has lost his marbles.

Nonetheless, this what Pakistani fans deserve.
Disagree he’s made some solid decisions. So you rather have spray gun haris Rauf ahead of Amir says everything. I’d take amir any day of the week ahead of spray gun Rauf atm. And imad wasim ahead of Nawaz who’s a TTF.

I just wanna say one thing, About the whole people will remember babar,

Just FYI, in Australia where cricket is talked about alot, Australians literally keep forgetting that Pakistan is a test nation, they literally think that Pakistan is some associate.

The reality is Australia only cares about ashes, world cups or leagues. The Australian cricket team doesn't take us seriously at all hence their Warner and Smith trolling in the warmups.

I'm dead serious when I say this, Australians have no regard for babar, they just view him as a guy who's their and bats for Pakistan lol, it's also why the 100 had babar go unsold, people outside Pakistan don't really care about babar.

Even in ct 2017, Australians don't care about hasan Ali, Babar, or even hafeez who contributed towards the final.

The ironically only care about amir's spell because Amir dismissed kohli who's Australians respect and love and they care about fakhar due to his 100 against India

However since 2017, all nations have forgotten about Amir and fakhar as well.

So babar won't be remembered by anyone besides the media who hyped him as Pakistan's answer to kohli which was done by pakistani fans.

I can't speak for other nations but Australian cricket team can't take Pakistan seriously at all. We are quite literally a joke to them, during the World Cup despite losing 3 games in the dot, Australians were hopeful cause they thought some upcoming games like Pakistan or Sri Lanka would be very easy for them. The fact we are included in the easy group tells us alot.

Disagree he’s made some solid decisions. So you rather have spray gun haris Rauf ahead of Amir says everything. I’d take amir any day of the week ahead of spray gun Rauf atm. And imad wasim ahead of Nawaz who’s a TTF.
Rauf has been poor, so the logical decision is to look at the PSL and see who were the best performing local bowlers and pick the best from that lot to replace him.

Amir was not one of the best performing local bowlers in the PSL and he ran away from international cricket four years ago.

No one asked Amir to retire and no one asked Amir to get out performed by numerous local bowlers. He retired because he wanted to, and he got out bowled because he wasn’t good enough to be the best.

This isn’t a solid decision - this is a weak and reactionary decision that deserves to be condemned by well-wishers of Pakistan cricket.

As far as Imad is concerned, he announced his retirement from international cricket. What does retirement mean?

I just wanna say one thing, About the whole people will remember babar,

Just FYI, in Australia where cricket is talked about alot, Australians literally keep forgetting that Pakistan is a test nation, they literally think that Pakistan is some associate.

The reality is Australia only cares about ashes, world cups or leagues. The Australian cricket team doesn't take us seriously at all hence their Warner and Smith trolling in the warmups.

I'm dead serious when I say this, Australians have no regard for babar, they just view him as a guy who's their and bats for Pakistan lol, it's also why the 100 had babar go unsold, people outside Pakistan don't really care about babar.

Even in ct 2017, Australians don't care about hasan Ali, Babar, or even hafeez who contributed towards the final.

The ironically only care about amir's spell because Amir dismissed kohli who's Australians respect and love and they care about fakhar due to his 100 against India

However since 2017, all nations have forgotten about Amir and fakhar as well.

So babar won't be remembered by anyone besides the media who hyped him as Pakistan's answer to kohli which was done by pakistani fans.

I can't speak for other nations but Australian cricket team can't take Pakistan seriously at all. We are quite literally a joke to them, during the World Cup despite losing 3 games in the dot, Australians were hopeful cause they thought some upcoming games like Pakistan or Sri Lanka would be very easy for them. The fact we are included in the easy group tells us alot.
This is the second post where you have informed the audience that Australian cricket fans don’t care about Babar and don’t value him.

Now please inform the audience why we should care that Australians don’t care about him? Why do you need their validation?

The entire population of Australia is equal two that of just two major Pakistani cities (Karachi and Lahore), so why should we care what they think about Babar and Pakistan cricket.

The opinions of Australian cricket fans have zero relevance and importance to Pakistani cricket fans.

This is the second post where you have informed the audience that Australian cricket fans don’t care about Babar and don’t value him.

Now please inform the audience why we should care that Australians don’t care about him? Why do you need their validation?

The entire population of Australia is equal two that of just two major Pakistani cities (Karachi and Lahore), so why should we care what they think about Babar and Pakistan cricket.

The opinions of Australian cricket fans have zero relevance and importance to Pakistani cricket fans.
Because you're making it seem as if babar is some world class player and will be remembered by everyone.

He doesn't have the same impact like Indian players do on Australians and Australians typically have and still are the top dawgs of cricket.

My whole point is babar is not as famous as you're making him out to be, nor will he per say be remembered or viewed in the same lime light 20 years down the line like someone like afridi, inzimam, imran Khan are remembered.

Even pakistani fans himself will probs remember him as much as yousaf, and you wanna know the funny thing about yousaf?

I met him 10 years ago in Pakistan, the irony is that I recognised him but no one else did, not even a single pakistani did, and thats because he was retired and his relevance faded away, whereas when afridi opened his restraunt splice in Gulberg which failed, just his appearance of being their caused the entire restraunt to be filled for one night despite it being on the brink of bankruptcy.

Imad, Babar all these players won't be remembered outside Pakistan and even inside Pakistan, not unless babar actually makes an impact and stars in some tournament victory.

Is it because of the only 2 moments in his career when he had other factors going for him? ie: the 2010 England tour which had the greenest, gloomiest conditions in history*? Or is it because of the 2017 CT final where Fakhar had already loaded up enough scoreboard pressure to ensure a 90% chance of victory?

*Remember: this guy has ended up with a test bowling average higher than his mentor Salman Butt's batting average.
He's considered a clutch white ball tournament bowler because of his spells in the 2009&2017 finals, the only pak player to win 2 icc tournaments

Because you're making it seem as if babar is some world class player and will be remembered by everyone.

He doesn't have the same impact like Indian players do on Australians and Australians typically have and still are the top dawgs of cricket.

My whole point is babar is not as famous as you're making him out to be, nor will he per say be remembered or viewed in the same lime light 20 years down the line like someone like afridi, inzimam, imran Khan are remembered.

Even pakistani fans himself will probs remember him as much as yousaf, and you wanna know the funny thing about yousaf?

I met him 10 years ago in Pakistan, the irony is that I recognised him but no one else did, not even a single pakistani did, and thats because he was retired and his relevance faded away, whereas when afridi opened his restraunt splice in Gulberg which failed, just his appearance of being their caused the entire restraunt to be filled for one night despite it being on the brink of bankruptcy.

Imad, Babar all these players won't be remembered outside Pakistan and even inside Pakistan, not unless babar actually makes an impact and stars in some tournament victory.
I repeat:

Why should Pakistani fans care if Babar doesn’t have fame in Australia and if Australian fans don’t rate him highly and if he doesn’t have an impact on them.

Why should Pakistani fans care if they are remembered outside or not. Pakistan has a bigger fan base than all other cricket nations put together excluding India. Why do they need validation from outsiders?

I understand that Pakistanis living in foreign countries as second class citizens would seek and need validation because they want to assimilate and don’t want to be viewed as outsiders, but Pakistanis living in Pakistan don’t and shouldn’t give a rat’s behind about what Australians and others think about them.

Babar is again not the guy to be discussed here. Babar has nothing to do with the thread topic. Just stay on topic guys.

I repeat:

Why should Pakistani fans care if Babar doesn’t have fame in Australia and if Australian fans don’t rate him highly and if he doesn’t have an impact on them.

Why should Pakistani fans care if they are remembered outside or not. Pakistan has a bigger fan base than all other cricket nations put together excluding India. Why do they need validation from outsiders?

I understand that Pakistanis living in foreign countries as second class citizens would seek and need validation because they want to assimilate and don’t want to be viewed as outsiders, but Pakistanis living in Pakistan don’t and shouldn’t give a rat’s behind about what Australians and others think about them.
I'm saying he won't even be remembered 10 years after he retired even in his home country, unless he actually makes an impact.

I'm saying he won't even be remembered 10 years after he retired even in his home country, unless he actually makes an impact.
He will be remembered a lot more than Imad and Amir and your agenda will not change that.

He will be remembered a lot more than Imad and Amir and your agenda will not change that.
No such thing as someone veing remembered alot more or less if both aren't remembered then both aren't gonna be remembered period.

In 20 years get back to me and we'll see. Also tbf, that's ironically not true.

Amir is more famous then babar lol. Babar can't even get into the 100.

Amir has always been the talk of the town be it his ct 2017 performance, his 2009 performance or even his match fixing.

Babar has never once made the same headlines he has.

Please Presents facts and logic.

Amir is King

Babar who?
The whole world knows Amir because the world only cares about cup performances.

It's the same in aus, UK, or any other country, including the most loyal pakistani fans and not this whatever the media has amounted to now.

Literally Australia when playing against us never takes us seriously and they forget who babar even is half the time. I'm not even joking.

Me and you don't agree on politics and we probably never will.

But I totally agree here. I would rather lose with some youngsters and up and comers than with this match fixing guy..as for Imad..I mean he still smokes and looks like his belly is still a problem. Just a bunch of unprofessionals. India will thrash this team because they have a very good system in place I am very very impressed with how they are succession planning..

We have Naqvi and the same old useless system..Babar is a walking miracle to have come from such a pile of garbage..and yet we have bachay on here talking about Amir like he is Wasim Akram..

It's the same in aus, UK, or any other country, including the most loyal pakistani fans and not this whatever the media has amounted to now.

Literally Australia when playing against us never takes us seriously and they forget who babar even is half the time. I'm not even joking.
Look up Google Trends, Babar is about 10x more searched for worldwide than Amir is currently and Babar’s current rate is higher than Amir was ever at. This includes in Australia and the United Kingdom.

Of course the whole world knows amir because he was all over the world for selling his country.

The whole world knows Amir got thrashed in an oldies league 😂

Look up Google Trends, Babar is about 10x more searched for worldwide than Amir is currently and Babar’s current rate is higher than Amir was ever at. This includes in Australia and the United Kingdom.
Fair

The only thing stupid here is your support for a fixer :salute
Brother Amir is a good player, I don't care about political agendas as much as people think. Its why I find the whole mamoon thread stupid aka I shall boycott 😂.

I could honestly care less. The dude bowled a beautiful match winning spell which led us to 2 victories and 2 cups being won.

Yes he shouldn't have fixed, but I don't see what your viewpoint is?

Also btw I'm not 100% in favour of Amir due to his psl form. I clearly stated I'd wanna try mohammad Ali over him due to psl form.

But I don't mind Amir in the team

Brother Amir is a good player, I don't care about political agendas as much as people think. Its why I find the whole mamoon thread stupid aka I shall boycott 😂.

I could honestly care less. The dude bowled a beautiful match winning spell which led us to 2 victories and 2 cups being won.

Yes he shouldn't have fixed, but I don't see what your viewpoint is?

Also btw I'm not 100% in favour of Amir due to his psl form. I clearly stated I'd wanna try mohammad Ali over him due to psl form.

But I don't mind Amir in the team

Don't play so dumb. The view point is simple. He got thrashed by the likes of Robin Uthapa and Hashim Amla and yet you expect he will win us a World Cup 🤣

Of course the whole world knows amir because he was all over the world for selling his country.
He shouldn't have sold his country, 100% agree.

I'm saying he won us 2 trophies via his bowling spell, although atm given current form I'd prefer mohammad Ali, alongside naseem as pur bowling pair, due to psl form.

But I don't mind Amir in the team and I'm not gonna hate on someone for some political nonsense that you or Mamoon have thrown.

I want imad back because I'd rather have him rather then suffer the torture of having nawaz in the team and pcb hasn't been able to develop a lower order allrounder since hafeez.

As for Amir, he's decent but Ali needs a go ahead over him atm. Regardless imad or Amir or babar drama doesn't really affect Me nor should it affect you, you should care about Pakistan winning cups which Pakistan only manages to win maybe 1 every decade co.pares to Australia who win every few years lol

Once again he made you stuff.

Don't play so dumb. The view point is simple. He got thrashed by the likes of Robin Uthapa and Hashim Amla and yet you expect he will win us a World Cup 🤣
He also annihilated an all star Indian team in ct 2017 causing an Indian collapse which led to us winning a cup, he's done it 2x.

So yes expectations are high.

He also annihilated an all star Indian team in ct 2017 causing an Indian collapse which led to us winning a cup, he's done it 2x.

So yes expectations are high.

In some posts you claim that you're looking at recent performances and couldn't care about the past for your WC squad yet when it's convenient for you, you bring up past performances. Please stay consistent in your views.

You're delusional at best if you expect anything from Amir

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutely. You have to bear in mind the opposition is sometimes coming from fans who want Pakistan to lose and that might be their motivation. If Amir wasn't the subject of the thread, same personalities would be laying into Hasan Ali. :ROFLMAO:

He's a decent T20 bowler, not a test bowler so quoting test stats is meaningless in this regard. Even then he's not outstanding, he's just better than other options currently, at least if you go by performances in the PSL. The real question mark is his trustworthiness given his spot fixing history. On that basis I might be tempted to pick Mohammad Ali or Abbas Afridi ahead of him, but he's still better than both.

In some posts you claim that you're looking at recent performances and couldn't care about the past for your WC squad yet when it's convenient for you, you bring up past performances. Please stay consistent in your views.

You're delusional at best if you expect anything from Amir
You asked me a question if you think Amir can win matches, and then mocked him fir getting thrashed which us why I brought it up.

I even said I'd rather prefer Ali atm but idm Amir.

You're not making any sense, then again you never do.

You asked me a question if you think Amir can win matches, and then mocked him fir getting thrashed which us why I brought it up.

I even said I'd rather prefer Ali atm but idm Amir.

You're not making any sense, then again you never do.

Seriously for someone who loves writing essays, learn to read first. I didn't ask you any question

Mate you either have dementia or you're lying, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the former.

Go take your pills Granpa, you need em to help with your memory loss

Okay so quote the question junior. Always the one with accusations

Okay so quote the question junior. Always the one with accusations
You indirectly implied a question albeit a rhetorical and sarcastic one so I responded with a direct answer that obliterated you from this multiverse.

That’s Afridi’s iconic bat. The one he used to slay Indian spinners and pacers who were like spinners during 2004-2006 home and away series

Who is Babar?

Babar ended the WC streak against India with a legendary performance at least in T20s. Afridi is remembered for his legendary poultry farms

Again ek wari faer Babar Sherrrr

You indirectly implied a question albeit a rhetorical and sarcastic one so I responded with a direct answer that obliterated you from this multiverse.

Yes you obliterated me from the multiverse in your head. Lage raho :Dah

Babar ended the WC streak against India with a legendary performance at least in T20s. Afridi is remembered for his legendary poultry farms

Again ek wari faer Babar Sherrrr
Afridi ended Pakistan’s trophy drought since 1992

So whats more significant? Afridi also helped Pakistan win a Test and draw a series in India. What’s more significant? Winning a T20 group game v India or winning a Test match in India to level a series?

We need international cricket to start up again.

We are stuck talking about the same few things over and over again and fighting over them even though nobodies opinion on anything will change until we actually see performances in international cricket.

Everything that can possibly be said about Imad Wasim, Amir, Rizwan, Babar, etc has already been said.

Afridi ended Pakistan’s trophy drought since 1992

So whats more significant? Afridi also helped Pakistan win a Test and draw a series in India. What’s more significant? Winning a T20 group game v India or winning a Test match in India to level a series?

Once Babar retires and if he too has a 20 year career, he'll go down as our best batter ever. A true ATG. Afridi is jealous of him hence his lobby for Shaheen as captain.

Also it's not Babar's fault we don't play India in tests. Series aaney toh doh

Absolutely. You have to bear in mind the opposition is sometimes coming from fans who want Pakistan to lose and that might be their motivation.
I think people who want Pakistan to lose should be delighted to see a washed up, retired bowler like Amir and a deeply mediocre all-rounder like Imad return to international cricket.

No such thing as someone veing remembered alot more or less if both aren't remembered then both aren't gonna be remembered period.

Amir has always been the talk of the town be it his ct 2017 performance, his 2009 performance or even his match fixing.

But who said that Babar or anyone else needs validation from The Hundred? If it was run by competent people it wouldn’t have been a flop tournament.

If you are using stupid metrics to measure popularity than I am one step ahead of you as always.

Amir Instagram followers: 1.5 million
Babar Instagram followers: 5 million

In fact, Babar is the most followed Pakistani cricketer on Instagram.

Babar Azam mops the floor with Amir when it comes to popularity, reputation, respect, money (legal money), legacy and above all, character.

It goes on to say that Afridi was a very average cricketer.

But the fact that Babar with all his performances does not hold a candle to Afridi tells you how far away a match winner he actually is.

It goes on to say that Afridi was a very average cricketer.

But the fact that Babar with all his performances does not hold a candle to Afridi tells you how far away a match winner he actually is.
It is great that Babar doesn’t come across as a match winner to Pakistani fans who view players like Afridi and Imad as the benchmark for match winners.

Once Babar retires and if he too has a 20 year career, he'll go down as our best batter ever. A true ATG. Afridi is jealous of him hence his lobby for Shaheen as captain.

Also it's not Babar's fault we don't play India in tests. Series aaney toh doh
Why would Afridi be jealous of Babar?

Amir has nowhere close to Babars fame. Babar mops the floor with Amir's social media numbers. Babar will be remembered as Pakistans greatest batsman ever. Amir will be remembered for his CT17 spell and that's all, he won't be held in the same regard as the greats because the greats never ran away from international cricket.

Babars popularity and influence is already evident with nearly every U19,U16 kid that's being interviewed by the PCB is saying Babar's his role model. Few guys in the national team (Saim,Haris,Shadab) all fanboy over Babar already. Can't remember a single U19 pacer saying their role model is a fixer.

I think people who want Pakistan to lose should be delighted to see a washed up, retired bowler like Amir and a deeply mediocre all-rounder like Imad return to international cricket.

Only if they are keeping out bowlers or all rounders who are going to perform better. Do you have any in mind? Please don't say Hasan Ali again, I'm pretty sure you would have been one his biggest critics before recent Amir talks surfaced.

It is great that Babar doesn’t come across as a match winner to Pakistani fans who view players like Afridi and Imad as the benchmark for match winners.
Afridi vs babar isn't a comparison as one is a top order bat who's job is to be the batsmen of the team hence that no 3 position which is historically used to represent your best bat, Afridi is a bowling allrounder, he's mostly a bowler who can tonk and slog.

Irrespective of that afridi filled his role far better then babar did, he has a career best of taking 7 wickets in a single odi game which is only surpassed by murli taking 8 wickets in a single game.

He once held the record for the worlds fastest century which has only been broken by 2 people to this date, has multiple 45 to 50 ball 100's something babar wouldn't be able to do, and multiple match winning innings be it with the ball and the bat.

As a captain He's the last captain to ever take us to semi's of a world cup where babar, sarfraz and misbah have been stuck competing for the 5th place.

In comparison babar as a no 3 batsmen doesn't fulfil his role like afridi did. Babar's sole purpose is to be the best batsmen of the team and supposedly the no 1 batsmen in the world as advertised by his fans and by himself and yet multiple times He's admitted to not being the X factor like fakhar is, and he's yet to actually contribute in fulfilling his role properly.

To this date he's failed to produce a single ATG innings and no his 101 against NZ isn't an ATG innings, its a good innings, but not an atg one.

But who said that Babar or anyone else needs validation from The Hundred? If it was run by competent people it wouldn’t have been a flop tournament.

If you are using stupid metrics to measure popularity than I am one step ahead of you as always.

Amir Instagram followers: 1.5 million
Babar Instagram followers: 5 million

In fact, Babar is the most followed Pakistani cricketer on Instagram.

Babar Azam mops the floor with Amir when it comes to popularity, reputation, respect, money (legal money), legacy and above all, character.
You realise social media metrics don't apply or aren't per say applicable?

Taylor swift is 100x more popular then dwayne johnson is, a fact to which the Hollywood star himself has admitted.

But the rock has 397M followers compared to Taylor's 282M, reason?

It's because dwayne is more active on Instagram, Frequently talks to his fans, and even follows most of them, he's also approachable in thay anyone can text him at any time and he usually will reply, but because he gets bombarded with so many messages you may not get a response.

Taylor swift in the other hand follows no one and her account isn't even run by her, its run by her manager and is mostly used to relist songs that you can listen to on Spotify, but in terms of popularity she's arguably top 3 most popular in America with Donald trump being an easy no 1.

Same analogy goes for Amir and babar, Babar is just more active on social media whereas Amir just uses platforms like X or Instagram to simply state certain statements towards Pakistan or when he feels the need to.

It isn't a viable metric you're measuring, Ironically Amir is more famous because the 2010 debacle is something that's so notroisuly infamous, its cemented butt, asif and Amir forever.

You can use the word infamous if you like but Amir is more famous in that regard. Google trending metrics or Instagram metrics are useful, Google trends are primarily cause he's captain and making more media press statements and insta I already explained why.

So no, you're still 10x steps behind me, but try catching up, maybe you'll get their one day.

Babar is a great match winner agains Zimbabwe and New Zealand’s b Team.

@Mamoon

May I actually ask you something? And genuine question but zero hostility, its a proper question so hopefully you'll be respectful and your childish clown emojis or cringe insults don't come into play.

Why the switch? Almost everything you've said in the past is now completly contradictory to what you're saying now, with the only explanation being different time and different place which is a vague way of putting it.

Topspin and i have a ss of you outright bashing babar, straight up saying verbatim "Hes an great batsmen when facing weak opposition but average when dealing with quality pace and spin"

Then you went on and made statements such as Devon Conway being Miles better then babar and how every team has 3 to 4 players better then him.

Furthermore you're imad waseem previous statements from 2021 still exist.

Theirs a plethora more, such as you use to hate Pakistan cricket to such an extent where you went an outright said that the country is the least talented primarily as its a poor country and it will never be on the standards of Australia, UK as those are developed countries thay value sports and now apparently Australians and pakiatani living their 2nd class citizens to you.

All these contradictory statements made, what's even the angle? Genuinely what caused the change or the sudden shift, what was the realisation that changed every single viewpoint? Or at the end of the day is it all just a troll to get people to talk, get riled up and achieve some false sense of fame via controversy?

Genuinely what's the angle? Different time and different place is a vague explanation for it.

You realise social media metrics don't apply or aren't per say applicable?

Taylor swift is 100x more popular then dwayne johnson is, a fact to which the Hollywood star himself has admitted.

But the rock has 397M followers compared to Taylor's 282M, reason?

It's because dwayne is more active on Instagram, Frequently talks to his fans, and even follows most of them, he's also approachable in thay anyone can text him at any time and he usually will reply, but because he gets bombarded with so many messages you may not get a response.

Taylor swift in the other hand follows no one and her account isn't even run by her, its run by her manager and is mostly used to relist songs that you can listen to on Spotify, but in terms of popularity she's arguably top 3 most popular in America with Donald trump being an easy no 1.

Same analogy goes for Amir and babar, Babar is just more active on social media whereas Amir just uses platforms like X or Instagram to simply state certain statements towards Pakistan or when he feels the need to.

It isn't a viable metric you're measuring, Ironically Amir is more famous because the 2010 debacle is something that's so notroisuly infamous, its cemented butt, asif and Amir forever.

You can use the word infamous if you like but Amir is more famous in that regard. Google trending metrics or Instagram metrics are useful, Google trends are primarily cause he's captain and making more media press statements and insta I already explained why.

So no, you're still 10x steps behind me, but try catching up, maybe you'll get their one day.
Yep - Instagram/social media followers is not a measure of popularity, only the self-created metrics by @mominsaigol are an accurate measure even though you have not provided a shred of evidence to support your claim.

You think Amir is more popular than Babar because that is what you believe and it is not something that you can back up.

Also - don’t give me this nonsense that Babar has more followers because of greater fan engagement and more activity.

Amir joined Instagram in March 2016 and he has 576 posts.

Babar joined Instagram in May 2014 and he has 536 posts.

In other words, in spite of joining two years earlier, Babar has 40 less posts.

In other words, Babar is far less active than Amir on Instagram.

In other words, your theory that Babar has more followers because he is more active has been debunked.

The reality is that Babar has more followers because he is more popular, more loved, more respected and more admired.

As I said - I am 10 steps ahead of you and others because I can see right through your agenda and destroying this agenda is child’s play for me.

Back