[VIDEOS] "I declare that I am available to be considered for the upcoming T20I World Cup": Mohammad Amir

Is Mohammad Amir's return from retirement in Pakistan's best interest?

• Total voters
Yep - Instagram/social media followers is not a measure of popularity, only the self-created metrics by @mominsaigol are an accurate measure even though you have not provided a shred of evidence to support your claim.

You think Amir is more popular than Babar because that is what you believe and it is not something that you can back up.

Also - don’t give me this nonsense that Babar has more followers because of greater fan engagement and more activity.

Amir joined Instagram in March 2016 and he has 576 posts.

Babar joined Instagram in May 2014 and he has 536 posts.

In other words, in spite of joining two years earlier, Babar has 40 less posts.

In other words, Babar is far less active than Amir on Instagram.

In other words, your theory that Babar has more followers because he is more active has been debunked.

The reality is that Babar has more followers because he is more popular, more loved, more respected and more admired.

As I said - I am 10 steps ahead of you and others because I can see right through your agenda and destroying this agenda is child’s play for me.
Why waste time fighting ? Fact is Babar is a good guy & player , Amir on other hand is a opportunist with criminal background !!!

Yep - Instagram/social media followers is not a measure of popularity, only the self-created metrics by @mominsaigol are an accurate measure even though you have not provided a shred of evidence to support your claim.

You think Amir is more popular than Babar because that is what you believe and it is not something that you can back up.

Also - don’t give me this nonsense that Babar has more followers because of greater fan engagement and more activity.

Amir joined Instagram in March 2016 and he has 576 posts.

Babar joined Instagram in May 2014 and he has 536 posts.

In other words, in spite of joining two years earlier, Babar has 40 less posts.

In other words, Babar is far less active than Amir on Instagram.

In other words, your theory that Babar has more followers because he is more active has been debunked.

The reality is that Babar has more followers because he is more popular, more loved, more respected and more admired.

As I said - I am 10 steps ahead of you and others because I can see right through your agenda and destroying this agenda is child’s play for me.

Bro don't decompose arguments to this level, these kids ain't used to it. Bachay baga doh ge

Only if they are keeping out bowlers or all rounders who are going to perform better. Do you have any in mind? Please don't say Hasan Ali again, I'm pretty sure you would have been one his biggest critics before recent Amir talks surfaced.
Who asked Amir to get outperformed by several local bowlers? Why did this so-called Rolls-Royce of a fast bowler did not outclass the bowlers whose names you don’t want to hear?

No one stopped Amir from dominating. No one tied his hands and feet. What stopped him is the fact that he was not good enough to dominate.

He was not quick enough, he was not accurate enough, he was not smart enough, he was not skilled enough.

PCB rewarded him for not being good enough by begging him to cancel his retirement only for him to retire again after the World Cup or prioritize franchise cricket over Pakistan cricket at the next opportunity.

No such thing as someone veing remembered alot more or less if both aren't remembered then both aren't gonna be remembered period.

In 20 years get back to me and we'll see. Also tbf, that's ironically not true.

Amir is more famous then babar lol. Babar can't even get into the 100.

Amir has always been the talk of the town be it his ct 2017 performance, his 2009 performance or even his match fixing.

Babar has never once made the same headlines he has.

Please Presents facts and logic.
The conversation kind of shifted. I think originally it was how each player will be remembered. Even if Amir is more famous than Babar as you say, which he isn't as Babar has amassed a cultish following and is praised by the media, current/foreign players, pundits, ex-players, etc., unlike any Pakistan player in the last couple of decades. No-one in Pakistan has demanded respect both locally and globally as Babar.

But anyway, even if Amir is more famous, he'll never be remembered in the same light. One of the two will be remembered for being successful yet tainted, and couldn't live up to his potential. The other will be remembered for being one of Pakistan's greatest bats. There are levels to this.

I'm pro both of them. But credit where credit is due. Babar is on another level in terms of popularity and fan following.

Who asked Amir to get outperformed by several local bowlers? Why did this so-called Rolls-Royce of a fast bowler did not outclass the bowlers whose names you don’t want to hear?

No one stopped Amir from dominating. No one tied his hands and feet. What stopped him is the fact that he was not good enough to dominate.

He was not quick enough, he was not accurate enough, he was not smart enough, he was not skilled enough.

PCB rewarded him for not being good enough by begging him to cancel his retirement only for him to retire again after the World Cup or prioritize franchise cricket over Pakistan cricket at the next opportunity.
You didn’t watch the PSL. Or you did but you are being biased.

Amir looked like the best Pakistani fast bowler. His class was there for everyone to see. This is the reason why the PCB have done their best to get him back. They wouldn’t do that if they thought “well, Muhammad Ali has taken 18 wickets so we can say goodbye to Amir”.

Shahid Afridi speaking during the interview about Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim's decision to take the retirement back:

"In my opinion, the decision they made to retire earlier was not right. They still had cricket left in them. They were playing cricket, and the joy of playing with Pakistan is not found anywhere else. Obviously, as long as you are playing cricket, why not play for Pakistan? Both are talented; they will have to show their fitness. And along with that, they will also have to be a part of domestic cricket. Whether leagues are happening anywhere in the world, being a part of domestic cricket is their responsibility. Because Imad Wasim and Mohammad Amir are senior players, they are experienced. The young player who will share the dressing room with them will learn a lot. In my opinion, both have made a good decision to come back to the team.”​

You didn’t watch the PSL. Or you did but you are being biased.

Amir looked like the best Pakistani fast bowler. His class was there for everyone to see. This is the reason why the PCB have done their best to get him back. They wouldn’t do that if they thought “well, Muhammad Ali has taken 18 wickets so we can say goodbye to Amir”.
I watched all his spells and he looked like retired bowler that he is. I don’t like Naseem but he bowled 100x better than Amir.

“Amir looked like the head Pakistani fast bowler” is the worst hot take I have seen in a long time.

I am truly concerned about this camp he is in.

Pakistan should not subject him to this sort of physical training.

Take him into the World Cup for those 4 overs and then be done with it

Sarfaraz Ahmed, former Pakistan skipper's take on Amir's retirement and come back:

"I always used to say to Amir, that you need to play for Pakistan (again). It's good that he came back. Better late than never. Pakistan team also need them both (Amir and Imad) and I hope our team will benefit from their decision."

“But, wherever he played cricket, he played it really well. So, I think he wasted these two to three years [of his career].

Sarfaraz Ahmed, former Pakistan skipper's take on Amir's retirement and come back:

"I always used to say to Amir, that you need to play for Pakistan (again). It's good that he came back. Better late than never. Pakistan team also need them both (Amir and Imad) and I hope our team will benefit from their decision."

“But, wherever he played cricket, he played it really well. So, I think he wasted these two to three years [of his career].
Amir is well past his prime, it's difficult for him to do wonders now.

Amir has shown he is a big game player for the big occasions.

He was still bowling 140ks plus during this PSL and can crank it up when needs be.

But his real weapon is his bowling smarts and knowing how to close out an over.

I agree with Sarfraz that he has wasted 3 years of his international career by taking retirement at 28 arguably his peak years as a bowler.

But bring home the trophy and all will be forgotten.

The thing with Amir is he can look washed out lots of time but you know he will be back to his best in knockout games.

With other bowlers even if they look a million in PSL, you know they will flop on big stage.

Amir makes it for being a proven performer.

If someone has an issue with it for either him being shady in the past, retiring and returning or being poor in PSL, they can keep complaining.

A champion bowler will return a champion.

The thing with Amir is he can look washed out lots of time but you know he will be back to his best in knockout games.

With other bowlers even if they look a million in PSL, you know they will flop on big stage.

Amir makes it for being a proven performer.

If someone has an issue with it for either him being shady in the past, retiring and returning or being poor in PSL, they can keep complaining.

A champion bowler will return a champion.
Yes MashaAllah 9/10 times his teams don’t reach the knockouts because prince Amir was least bothered to show up.

Former cricketer Mohammad Asif believes that Amir's inclusion in PCT has rung the alarm bells for other pacers:

"In a T20 game, you can play with 3 fast bowlers. One is Shaheen, the other Naseem and the third one should be Amir. So others (Mohammad Wasim Jr and Haris Rauf) will feel threatened by him. There are even such pitches here (in US and Caribbean) where you could go with three spinners and two fast bowlers"

Former cricketer Mohammad Asif believes that Amir's inclusion in PCT has ringed the alarm bells for other pacers:

"In a T20 game, you can play with 3 fast bowlers. One is Shaheen, the other Naseem and the third one should be Amir. So others (Mohammad Wasim Jr and Haris Rauf) will feel threatened by him. There are even such pitches here (in US and Caribbean) where you could go with three spinners and two fast bowlers"
Wasim Jr is not international material. He was brought into the team as an allrounder but he proved to be another pseudo allrounder. He has a good arm and he's 100% superior to Anwar Ali and he isn't the worst bowler by any means, but he's basically just another David wiese, actually he's inferior lol. He isn't the worst but still.

Haris Rauf is a trash bowler who has some very very good t20 spells and a good period in 2023 before being exposed as a run machine, he isn't even a contract player anymore so why bring these 2 up?

If anything these 2 should feel threatened by other upcoming pacers like mohammad Ali or mir Hamza, rather then just Amir.

Wahab Riaz's on Amir's return to the PCT:

“Going forward, we have a lot of injury-prone players and Amir’s performance is also in front of everyone. PSL is one of the best tournaments from where you select players, especially for T20s, and if somebody is available, we should only take into account their performance and Amir is one of those choices,”

Amir needs to keep in mind that if he gets thrashed in the NZ series he might lose his ticket to the WC as many capable bowlers are already waiting in the queue.

Retired. Old. Selfish. Rubbish. Corrupt.

A humiliating climax awaits for a despicable character.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should have played every game.

2nd t20 was our best bowler. Last t20 he’s been poor.

I kind of feel he’s still got the skills but too old. Whether or not that’s still good enough to get into the team is a debate though.

Not sure why we played Amir today when he is clearly carrying an injury and trying to play through it. I already provided proof in the match thread today. I am guessing that Naseem is also Injured and Pakistan was too afraid to go with our Malinga. Kakul camp got half of our players injured and now we are struggling as a team against a NZ C team

Retired. Old. Selfish. Fraud. Rubbish. Corrupt.

A humiliating climax awaits for a despicable character.
I'd probs hold this off until the cup lol.

Speaking too soon is usually a problem for many.

Mohammad Amir had a up and down performances in his comeback series in international cricket as he picked up 3 wickets in 3 matches and went for 76 runs in his 10.2 overs.

Naseem Shah believes that Amir’s experience will come in handy ahead of the upcoming matches.He said during a media session:

“Amir has experience from playing in the leagues which is proving beneficial for the team.”

Last edited:
Mohammad Amir's departure has been postponed due to a delay in obtaining his visa for Ireland. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) remains optimistic that Amir will secure his visa soon.

This setback is not unfamiliar to Amir, possibly linked to concerns arising from his previous involvement in spot-fixing, which led to a brief jail term in the UK.

This isn't the first time Amir has faced visa delays; a similar situation occurred during Pakistan's previous tour of Ireland and England in 2018, resulting in him joining the team later

“I also declare that I will get destroyed by a NZ D batsman and IPL reject when I return” - Amir.

:klopp

“I declare that through my arrival, Babar’s incompetence as a leader who doesn’t know what’s best for his nation will be magnified”

“I declare that through my arrival, Babar’s incompetence as a leader who doesn’t know what’s best for his nation will be magnified”

I declare that with my background I will be lucky to get a visa for Ireland.

GM8vsL_WEAAUN1S

PCB need to be proactive with Amir’s US visa. It’s Ireland’s loss that a box office super star is not going to be there besides every other lanju panju.

Tbf, Amir isn't really that great on return. He's okay, he'll probs get tonked.

Imad is a breathe of fresh air at no 7. Logically he should bat at 5. Shadab and chacha have no business batting ahead of Imad.

Also imad imo should bowl 3 overs. Not 4. Only bowl 4 if he's taking wickets. Otherwise economy is enough.

Logically, he should be captain.
Yes and No.

Yes as in he's smart, educated and is calm and composed. Something that we need as a captain. he also has captaincy experience and doesn't have this doati yaari nonsense.

No as in he doesn't trust the regime and they won't gell with himz he also likely won't stay for long, he'll probs be gone after this cup or max by 2025 CT

Tbf, Amir isn't really that great on return. He's okay, he'll probs get tonked.

Imad is a breathe of fresh air at no 7. Logically he should bat at 5. Shadab and chavha have no business batting ahead of Imad.

Also imad imo should bowl 3 overs. Not 4. Only bowl 4 if he's taking wickets. Otherwise economy is enough.

Amir warms into a good rhythm eventually and thrives on the big occasion. I saw him during a hundred game live a few years ago and he looked finished and out of no where bowled a jaffa!! but that off colour body language was more down to the season, a few fitness niggles and just running in cold. I think in the last series he did his role fairly ok which was to contain, was stuck in 2nd gear. There are times when he will look like a shadow but the positives outweigh the cons and even at 50%, he gives the others a cushion to bowl in more comfortable situations.

I think he needs to get in touch with his old mentor to plan a road map for him.

But I think Amir will deliver on the big stage. His utility will be valuable because he can bowl in any situation, but this time, maybe he will get used similar to Umar Gul in 09, at the death mostly.

Amir warms into a good rhythm eventually and thrives on the big occasion. I saw him during a hundred game live a few years ago and he looked finished and out of no where bowled a jaffa!! but that off colour body language was more down to the season, a few fitness niggles and just running in cold. I think in the last series he did his role fairly ok which was to contain, was stuck in 2nd gear. There are times when he will look like a shadow but the positives outweigh the cons and even at 50%, he gives the others a cushion to bowl in more comfortable situations.

I think he needs to get in touch with his old mentor to plan a road map for him.

But I think Amir will deliver on the big stage. His utility will be valuable because he can bowl in any situation, but this time, maybe he will get used similar to Umar Gul in 09, at the death mostly.
We'll see, I agree with you to some extent as people though he was finished in 2017 and then ct final happened.

So ik he's capable of just coming in and playing peaky blinders (Pun intended)

We'll see, I agree with you to some extent as people though he was finished in 2017 and then ct final happened.

So ik he's capable of just coming in and playing peaky blinders (Pun intended)

If the captain wasn’t such a dangar,. Pakistan could also employ an effective fast bowler rotation policy during the tournament to get the most out of everybody (Sarfraz was good at it in 2017 - he had more success with Amir/Junaids then Misbah), but you need a clear strategy in place for that and have a knack for it. Pakistan will desperately need Amir, because the team wont be aiming for 200+. The fast bowlers have to stick together / look after each others welfare because Babar is an utter sh!t house of a leader.

If the captain wasn’t such a dangar,. Pakistan could also employ an effective fast bowler rotation policy during the tournament to get the most out of everybody (Sarfraz was good at it in 2017 - he had more success with Amir/Junaids then Misbah), but you need a clear strategy in place for that and have a knack for it. Pakistan will desperately need Amir, because the team wont be aiming for 200+. The fast bowlers have to stick together / look after each others welfare because Babar is an utter sh!t house of a leader.
The captain made abass afridi bowl inside the PP 2x even when the commentators said abass afridi is perfect to bowl outside the PP. The commentators didn't understand this decison. And then babar got mad at abass 😆.

Like bro, abass afridi is perfect to bowl outside PP cause his deliveries entice batsmen to loft, that's how he gets wickets, aka mistimes.

Ofcourse he's useless inside the PP when only 2 fielders are putside the Inner circle 😭😭

I, Muhammad Amir declare that with my selection for the national team of Pakistan, will pledge to cover all financial costs for @Mamoon therapy sessions.
That’s fine. I’m happy that he got selected because this means that he will be humiliated back into retirement.

His humiliation is already underway:

1. Getting destroyed by a NZ D and IPL reject batsman

2. Getting his visa rejected by Irish government because of his criminal record

His humiliation will reach his zenith during the World Cup when he gets smashed and then announces retirement after making no impact upon his return whatsoever.

That’s fine. I’m happy that he got selected because this means that he will be humiliated back into retirement.

His humiliation is already underway:

1. Getting destroyed by a NZ D and IPL reject batsman

2. Getting his visa rejected by Irish government because of his criminal record

His humiliation will reach his zenith during the World Cup when he gets smashed and then announces retirement after making no impact upon his return whatsoever.

You can’t be happy with his selection when you’re making threads of boycotting Pakistan cricket because Amir and Imad were picked.

It’s the same NZ D where Babar the captain couldn’t win a series against.

His Visa hasn’t been rejected, Visa being delayed is completely different to being denied entry into the country.

He’s already stated that he doesn’t see himself playing beyond this WT20.

You can’t be happy with his selection when you’re making threads of boycotting Pakistan cricket because Amir and Imad were picked.

It’s the same NZ D where Babar the captain couldn’t win a series against.

His Visa hasn’t been rejected, Visa being delayed is completely different to being denied entry into the country.

He’s already stated that he doesn’t see himself playing beyond this WT20.
I'm happy to boycott: Their you go Mamoon, here's your next excuse.

I'm giving you a freebie, feel free to use it at your own peril

Mohammad Amir's departure has been postponed due to a delay in obtaining his visa for Ireland. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) remains optimistic that Amir will secure his visa soon.

This setback is not unfamiliar to Amir, possibly linked to concerns arising from his previous involvement in spot-fixing, which led to a brief jail term in the UK.

This isn't the first time Amir has faced visa delays; a similar situation occurred during Pakistan's previous tour of Ireland and England in 2018, resulting in him joining the team later
Mohammad Amir gets Ireland visa after facing initial delay. The Pakistan pacer will depart for Dublin on the first available flight as Pakistan is scheduled to face Ireland in the 1st T20I in Clontarf on 10th May.

Mohammad Amir gets Ireland visa after facing initial delay. The Pakistan pacer will depart for Dublin on the first available flight as Pakistan is scheduled to face Ireland in the 1st T20I in Clontarf on 10th May.
Babar and Misbah tried their best by conspiring with Ireland for Amir to not get the visa but good always wins.

Back