I Didn't Believe my eyes !

harry22

Debutant
Runs
so i was visiting the SG factory in uttar pradesh with a friend of mine who had good contacts there...and i saw that the SG factory was manufacturing kookaburra stuff! :warne
i saw bats L.E english willow bats being made and kookaburra stickers put on them. when i asked a person about this , he told me that SG have been given a contract to do this by kookaburra and those bats are exported worldwide.
I just wonder how could this be ?

It's no secret that Kooks are made in India. It's so much cheaper to have products manufactured in third world countries; most manufacturers are having something or the other produced in India.

I know for a fact all of GM's softs are made in India!

As shirazi bhai said cheaper labour in India leads Kookaburra to have production there.

In Pakistan for a Grade 1 bat you pay $20 for all labour if you have your own cleft, handle etc all is including in $20 thats how cheap it is.

I don't see any brand in the world whose softs are made outside sub continent.

Harry do you mind telling us about SG factory? How is it, how much labour force they have etc etc.

Did you go to new SG factory or old one?

Harry do you mind telling us about SG factory? How is it, how much labour force they have etc etc.

Did you go to new SG factory or old one?
i went to the new factory which is spread across a huge campus in which they have many production rooms and a big one for willow clefts. and they have a very large amount of work force and every equipment has a separate room for its production.

Thats great to hear!

Do you know if the willows/clefts were stored in a control temperature or open environment?

no specific temperature as such but yes they are stored in dry places and place with good amount of ventilation and little sunlight.

SG also distribute Kookaburra gear in India. Also make a lot of the Adidas gear.

Hey Tom, we were wondering why do SH bats made by the same company, and sometimes the same model, have different lengths?

also i got to know that puma stuff and slazenger stuff is made by Protos in jalandhar and their bats are absolutely top quality.

Yup, most Puma bats are made in India with the exception of some top range bats which are made in England by Robert Pack.

also i got to know that puma stuff and slazenger stuff is made by Protos in jalandhar and their bats are absolutely top quality.

Not sure about Protos but I always thought FC Sondhi made Puma and Slazenger.

Maybe Protos and FC Sondhi are same :21:

ALL of top of the line (5000 and 6000) Pumas are made by Robert Pack whereas all lower range are made in India.

Not sure about Protos but I always thought FC Sondhi made Puma and Slazenger.

Maybe Protos and FC Sondhi are same :21:

ALL of top of the line (5000 and 6000) Pumas are made by Robert Pack whereas all lower range are made in India.

Some of Slazenger ones are also made in Pakistan by CA.

Back