ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Final | Ahmedabad | 19 November | India innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys don’t ruled out India …if they score 230+… then they have bowling to demolish Aussies

and this site is buzzing now :)... i still feel consolidation for the next 20 ov is the way to go....

350 would have been safe

Don’t think India are getting that
Anything close to 300 could be match winning here (even with the possibility of dew). But it requires a big/long partnership, though.

This is where Rahul is so poor. Can't even rotate strike.

I get it we need to consolidate. But don't play dots after dots. This is a WC final.

pitch will get slower and spin more later I reckon. 285-310 should be good enough .. 310-330 defo winning total!

Need to get minimum 280..

This is where Rahul is so poor. Can't even rotate strike.

I get it we need to consolidate. But don't play dots after dots. This is a WC final.
He struggles if he comes early on, it's why India shoved him to no 5.

Sheryas and Gill didn't kick off today . So kohli having to do heavy lifting

This is not a 300 runs wicket. It's probably 260-270 runs wicket.That decision by pat Cummins made it hard for Australia.

Had Shrma still been there India would have had the 100 by 12th over… now looks like theyll get 100 in the 16th over..

You can criticize Rohit for his pig-headed approach at being aggressive all the time but even with 3 wickets down it is because of his explosion at the top that the run-rate is still close to 7 RPO.

Kohli looks undismissable this WC. Don't see him getting out before reaching close to a century. Not once his sr dropped below 100 this innings. Ominous. Man on a mission

You can criticize Rohit for his pig-headed approach at being aggressive all the time but even with 3 wickets down it is because of his explosion at the top that the run-rate is still close to 7 RPO.
Yeah Rohit played brilliantly throughout this whole tournament. You live by the sword and you die by the sword. McCullum did something similar in 2015, although he was more reckless and explosive.

Zampa is a pretty average bowler control-wise. It's surprising he's picked up this many wickets.

Rohit is the reason India has been winning games.

Those 9 rr starts help India stay ahead. Its a team game. Rohit has been delivering and been the main X factor for kohli to settle in.

It isn't a pig headed approach lol

Very very difficult pitch to bat.Toss was the deciding factor but pat Cummins handed that advantage in a platter to India.

Has no captain learned any lessons from this World Cup, you win the toss and bat first, India will still end up scoring 350/360

Rohits flying starts have been great for India this cwc but this is the final and the set batsman at the top hitting it great in control, needed to make it bigger.

That Maxwell inning has given this Australian team too much confidence that they can win from any situation. :inti

Watching with mute commentary are Majrekar and party still going gaga

Slow pitch, so I imagine it’ll be hard to come out and smart smashing it from ball one. These two will probably have to do a lot of the lifting for this innings.

Rahul is such a timid player.

9(21)

Guess it’s easy to be a power hitter when you’re openers and middle order keep giving you such great starts.

It’s 1.43 AM here with match meandering along the multiple dot balls per over and inning rebuilding line, sleep is inevitable.

Hope by the time I wake up, we would have scored a decent score to defend in the second inning.

Bye for now!👍🏻

According bbc 5 live commentary, the Indian commy spoke with the groundsman this morning about the dew factor.

Last night there was significant dew set in, hence maybe this swayed Cummins to chase.

One of Kohli, KL or SKY has to play a Dave Miller like innings today to post something respectable.

I really really love the bit where Hayden is mentioning that he's had a disagreement with Ponting over Rohit's dismissal today.

Hayden says he cannot criticize how Rohit got out - he's been consistent through out the World Cup with this ultra max aggressive approach.

Ponting on the other hand believes Rohit should have played a bigger innings given that this is a World Cup final.

I can see both views being valid here. But if you are a India fan going gaga over Rohit's approach the entire tournament - you would have taken today's innings.

Who knows Rohit's innings might turn out to be the difference.

Are any Ind fans here feeling nervous about this? What realistic total would you feel comfortable with?

Would'nt that be nullifed if there's heavy dew in the evening which would help the Aussies?
Nah.

It's a game of 1st 15 overs. Bowlers will be aided in those 10 overs under lights. Aussies will lose the game in those if it loses more than 3 wickets.

I really really love the bit where Hayden is mentioning that he's had a disagreement with Ponting over Rohit's dismissal today.

Hayden says he cannot criticize how Rohit got out - he's been consistent through out the World Cup with this ultra max aggressive approach.

Ponting on the other hand believes Rohit should have played a bigger innings given that this is a World Cup final.

I can see both views being valid here. But if you are a India fan going gaga over Rohit's approach the entire tournament - you would have taken today's innings.

Pretty much. Outside of the Gill dismissal we can't complain

Nah.

It's a game of 1st 15 overs. Bowlers will be aided in those 10 overs under lights. Aussies will lose the game in those if it loses more than 3 wickets.

"IF" they lose is the operative word. Would be very interesting to see first of all what total India puts up.

At the very least you would think 270-300.

This is classic ODI template the natural ebbs and flows unlike the scorefest we had

Kohli if scores a match winning hundred might get declared as the greatest cricketer ever

Pitch is looking unpredictable bounce and stuff.. not gonna be high scoring game I think..

Looking way too easy for Kohli. Switching off my stream. It's only gonna go one way.

Gotta score 300. Looks really difficult at the moment though

This is classic ODI template the natural ebbs and flows unlike the scorefest we had

Kohli if scores a match winning hundred might get declared as the greatest cricketer ever

Especially coming off his 100 in the semis. Has any scored back to back hundreds in semi's and finals of a World Cup?

Rohit is the reason India has been winning games.

Those 9 rr starts help India stay ahead. Its a team game. Rohit has been delivering and been the main X factor for kohli to settle in.

It isn't a pig headed approach lol
I did not use pig-headed in a negative sense here brother.

Indian bowling is also World class, Aus already lost a final in subcontinent

Pat Cummins getting away with some very economical overs here

Rohit played in a way that was right for him. A lot of our players throw the term “natural game” around carelessly, but this is his natural game.

If he tried to curb his instincts, perhaps he’d get out way sooner with little to no impact.

If dew is going to come into play, it’s tough to say what will be enough.

Assuming there’s no dew, 250+ will be enough for India. Their spinners and pacers will bowl out the Aussies.

Kohli is standing between Australia and WC get him in next 10 overs otherwise hard luck

Would be lovely to see Rahul rotate the strike for a change

Kohli is standing between Australia and WC get him in next 10 overs otherwise hard luck
I have a feeling SKY can play one of those crazy blinders today. When you don't expect players like him to perform it's actually then they stand up.

Rohit played in a way that was right for him. A lot of our players throw the term “natural game” around carelessly, but this is his natural game.

If he tried to curb his instincts, perhaps he’d get out way sooner with little to no impact.
It isn't his natural game and that's why it is admirable.

His natural game was to take his sweet time in powerplay then accelerate once set. He went out of his comfort zone for his team.

India will get bundled out before 200

As always, the best looking team throughout the tournament BUT BUT losing when it matters most

10 years now without a SINGLE ICC tournament win

Need mental conditioning more than anything and fans should always lower expectations from these CHOKER "superstars"

India will get bundled out before 200

As always, the best looking team throughout the tournament BUT BUT losing when it matters most

10 years now without a SINGLE ICC tournament win

Need mental conditioning more than anything and fans should always lower expectations from these CHOKER "superstars"
3 quarters of game to play and you passed the judgement

Since last boundary…54 balls.

Defo slowed the innings big time with the back to back wickets lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back